4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
I should be there tonight, Magny-Cours is an ok one for me so I don't have any real expectations here. Of course I know it well from the hundreds of tests you end up doing in single player, but you really have to be in a rhythm here otherwise you can lose loads of time really easy. Its actually a lot like Monaco, but I enjoy Monaco more.

Sorry for the double post, but my mate forgot to bring get his PS3 to me today, which means no race for me tonight :(

I should be there for Hockenheim, but it sucks I can't be there tonight.

Dammit, I was looking forward to racing you.

Ok so I'm in a car now on my way home, so I'm BEGGING that you guys wait about 10 minutes at least for me.

Great race, I had lots of fun. Came 5th, and i'm satisfied with that. It was because I crashed in the final corner while battling with King, but I drove a nice, consistent race, considering I rushed home to do the race without any practice at all.

Bit dissapointed with myself as I was actually in the lead going into turn 4 knew I wouldn't sustain that but would have been closer at the finish till I threw it away with a penalty. Finished in 6th, thought I might've got the jump on PJ but made too many mistakes near the end. Good win Gyles, failed to stop you from lapping me lol.

Well i qualified 3rd and finished 3rd. The first 3 laps didn't go to plan and i was at the back of the field. I quickly made my way back up the field and was behind F1MadAd going into the first round of stops.When he came out a small gap was there but he pulled a awesome out lap and i made a small mistake at the chicane. On my lap of my second stop Nev made a error and i was past up into 3rd. He stopped 2 laps later and i had made a gap between us i think he must of made a mistake somewhere. So i just kept the car on the track and came in 3rd.

Well not a bad result with my injury well done Gyles and F1MadAd you was far to quick for me

French Grand Prix Results:-

Sorry guys I tried to take pictures but the Camera was producing blank pictures :(

Race Report to follow.

1. fishfash
2. F1MadAd
3. kingmart1n
4. DonkeyFuzz
5. PJ-FFL
6. jordy7777
7. GINTY1

Pole:- fishfash - 1:11.240

Fastest Lap:- F1MadAd - 1:10.656

Qualified 4th, Finished 2nd

That was a good race enjoyed it. Got off to a bad start when i got a penalty at the first chicane, coincidently so did KING and GYLES. After that i really knuckled down cos i know i have good pace round here. Pulled away from KING after a few laps of good battling. I was gaining on the front-runners all the time so that was encouraging me. Then i got another penalty at the same chicane, so i un-did all the hard work i'd done, and had to do it all again. I got onto the back of NEV quite quickly again, maybe he made a mistake. Just as i passed him at the hairpin, he took too much kerb and spun. So with that i was running a comfortable 2nd, with GYLES only 5 secs ahead, but looking consistent. Kept up a good pace to the end and took 2nd. Did an absolute flyer mid-way through the race and took fastest lap which was a bonus. Good win by GYLES again, and i really enjoyed that race especially to finish so strongly after 2 penalties. Cya all next week :D

That was an exciting race, unfortunately my camera failed to take any pictures so I am unsure of any other qualy times and total race times :(

A good start from pole, but I made a mistake and had to recover from a penalty just after the hairpin, but also noticed that F1MadAd & kingmart1n had done the same thing !! jordy7777 took the initiative and went into the lead, good start there jordy7777, and you have only owned the game for a few weeks 👍

I had a great battle with PJ who was holding onto the back of my gearbox, but I managed to pull away and a few laps later I caught up with the leading duo, DonkeyFuzz & GINTY1 and eventually struggled into the lead. I noticed that GINTY1 had disappeared from 2nd place, not sure what happened, maybe a lap glitch ?

Towards the end of the race F1MadAd was closing the gap, and also managed the fastest lap, a fantastic performance, along with kingmart1n who was wounded and still secured another podium, great job there 👍

Next week we head over to Hockenheim, and with the return of Kak who must be the favourite for the win.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I can't wait for hockenheim a track i enjoy even when things don't go well and have thursday and friday off work so maybe practicing. Plus it will be my birthday at the weekend so will be looking for a present from you all like letting me win.lol

Thanks for the generous words there Gyles, but I think it's going to be tough to keep up with you guys, let alone challenge for the win! I'll give it my best shot though!

It'll take a lot to beat me though PJ ;)...unless I don't have a PS3 the rest of the season! lol.

Look at that!! Andrea Moda is closing on Red Bull in the constructors :D. Nevermind Brawn, they're in another galaxy.

Hello everyone, it's a bit late but I can now say my verdict of Friday night. In qualifying after doing a lot of practicing I knew I could make the top 3 and managed 2nd which was pretty good. I got off to a good start and then ended up leading 3 or so laps but when Gyles came I couldn't put up a fight beacuse he was simply to fast. After, MadAd gained and were locked which seems to happen every time now until I mis-judged the hairpin, moments after the end of sector 1, span and lost valuable time, to add to this dissapointment I recieved an 8 second penalty as I struggled across the grass. Just before round 2 of pitstops I think I completed my worst lap of my life whilst trying to be fast and managed an extremely embarrising time of 1:19. I came out well begind of MadAd and King but was hoping they recieved a penalty but they drove superb races. On the last lap, the reason being I was so far behind was because I simply lost the will to drive and just huddled round the circuit. You woould have to call me a liar if I said that was a bad race because I was very very p***ed off! However 7 races remain and call me someone with a high ego but I think second place is well on the cards, I just need to do what I did at about mid way through the season and just gain around 2 points a race on MadAd and King.

Guys, I was wondering if we could bump the races up an hour later? The problem is that I have swimming practice on Fridays and will only be able to get home sometime after 5pm, and aces start at 5pm here. So unless we can't bump it up one more hour, i'm afraid I won't be able to compete anymore.

Guys, I was wondering if we could bump the races up an hour later? The problem is that I have swimming practice on Fridays and will only be able to get home sometime after 5pm, and aces start at 5pm here. So unless we can't bump it up one more hour, i'm afraid I won't be able to compete anymore.

If it goes to 12 over here im out will be to late for me after i have had a few pints.

Hey PJ :)

We have a warm up session at 11:00 PM followed by qualy, and the race normally gets underway at around 11:10-:11:15.

You can always late join ?

Froze at the end there but finished 8th which was alright considering the track. Raced with Ginty and Ardius a bit at the start but they broke away. I Need alot more practice for next week's race.

Wow, I thoroughly enjoyed that race!

Got a nice couple of qualifying laps that landed me second, just behind an insanely quick (as ever) Gyles lol. Got a good start and the first few laps were good as well, although I wasn't quite used to racing competitively, so I wasn't getting my turn ins quite right because I was slightly shakey lol!
Unfortunately, although I had a good battle with F1MadAd, I did make a mistake :/ and then after catching him up and passing him into the pits, I thought I had won back second for good as he was a good distance behind me and my outlap was decent.
However, in the second half of the race, I made two crucial errors, running a little wide into the tight right hander at the start of S3 which cost me a lot of time and overall second place.
I almost lost 3rd as well, but King made a mistake, which meant I could retain a podium place :)

Great race tonight guys, I really enjoyed myself :D

Latest Posts

Back