4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Well i qualified 3rd and finished 4th. As we started me,kakundoo and F1MadAd was all battling for 2nd but of lap 2 i got a 3 second penalty and nev came past. I caught nev up and made a gap between us. As we was hitting the pits i was close to kakundoo and F1MadAD then 2 laps later i get a 8 second penalty at T1 and nev through again. After are second stop i was just behind nev and the next lap he makes a mistake at T1 and hits the walk where i notice kakundoo going slowly. With 4 laps left i see a chance for 3rd but get another 3 second penalty in sector 3 a lap later. Had to settle for 4th place then.

Good win Gyles even though i thought you lot was meant to let me win.lol

Hockenheim Results:-

1. fishfash
2. F1MadAd
3. Kakundoo
4. kingmart1n
5. DonkeyFuzz
6. GINTY1
7. Ardius
8. jordy7777
9. PJ-FFL

Pole:- fishfash - 1:13.575

Fastest Lap:- fishfash - 1:12.586

hockq.jpg

hockq1.jpg

hockr.jpg

Qualified 4th, Finished 2nd

GYLES lead from the font as always. Me, KAK and KING were a;; battling for 2nd for the first few laps. KING made a mistake which left me and KAK battling for pretty much the whole race. He got ahead of me at the first pit stops when i nearly forgot to pit and had to turn in at the last minute. But afterwards he made a few mistakes which let me close up and then pass, and then after the final stops he dropped right back. From there i took it easy and came home 2nd. Enjoyed the battle with you KAK, and that was an impressive performance since this is your first race back. Oh and well done to the wheel man GYLES for the win :)

Great racing tonight ardius did you make the race 10 laps when you got to host so it made you actually pit. :)

:lol: Yeah, but I was only not pitting in the earlier races that night because I was constantly punted out of contention by idiots either at the start melee or by that arsehole sagaterimole or whatever his name was. I would have won in the China race if wasn't for him and he continued to ruin my races until he left, hence the "good riddance".
Otherwise, yeah, I don't like doing races that are around 7-9 laps because you can get away with not pitting, unfortunately, it seems to be a very popular number online. If I'm not smashed out of contention, I'll pit, but otherwise I feel no obligation to play by the rules when others aren't.
I enjoyed the Imola race immensely though, it was nice to finally win at that circuit because it has always been a nightmare place for me previously. In fact, I think it might have been my first ever win there, offline or online.

Anyway, back on topic, tonight was good, managed to late join on lap 1 so no real advantage gained :). I spawned ahead of PJ and behind GINTY and jordy and got straight onto my average pace. I quickly caught both jordy and GINTY thanks to their mistakes and ended up in a race-long battle with GINTY over 6th place. Eventually though, I made the most mistakes and he was on a blistering pace near the end so I settled for a safe 7th place.
I didn't get to the finish the actual race though as the game froze before I got to the finish line!

An extremely close qualy session, only half a second split 2nd place to 6th place driver, and I knew it was going to be a tough race for me.

A good start for me, and I had my team mate Kak all over the back of me for the first few laps. Up until the first round of stops Kak and F1MadAd were very close behind, and I was constantly looking in the mirror and map. I managed to pull put a lead after the first round of stops and was able to control the race from that point onwards.

Generally it was a good race for me, with a small spin at the hairpin on lap 6 and a 3 second penalty exiting the pit lane on my first stop.

A very good turn out, we had 9 drivers, thanks to all for attending 👍

Next week we fly over to Budapest, a lot of drivers describe Budapest as being very similar to Monaco but without barriers. Surely we will see F1MadAd and DonkeyFuzz battle it out for the win as they did at Monaco :)

Thanks.

My season since I missed the Canadian grand prix has gone from bad to worse, to this point now, I think 3rd is a realistic position for the championship but I really need to put in some effort as after the US GP I haven't had the momentum inside me to keep myself going, the candle inside me has been blown out. But this next race is crucial, I need to be fast, and have momentum.

I know how you feel Nev, that's what happened to me as well, but not having a PS3 for ages was a good thing in my opinion. It made me realise how much I missed this!

If Budapest is Monaco without barriers then i'm looking forward to it. I do love Monaco as a track, mainly because I'm quite fast there, but my consistency usually pays off in dividends! I think another podium will be on the cards this week, and with a little more practice I should be more consistent and may even fight for the win...as long as Gyles doesn't steam off ahead :P

Just seen we should have 98 points in the construction championship plus markk scorce 8 points while being a reserve driver for 1 race so makes it 106 points fishfash. Cheers

So, this was the first time in my career that i've not scored points. Well, I had to run from school to home to make it to the race. Then I turned the PS3 on to F1CE, then I got into the room, then I got kicked as the race started, then the internet lost connection, so I waited for it to come back, then I late joined in dead last on lap 1, with no practice, I made loads of mistakes. Then Ardius late joined ahead of me, and got away. I knew I couldn't catch anyone in time, so I just drove it home in 9th, a personal worst :(.

I also recorded my worst result which is 5th, I need to push like hell to come back into this, I need a new spark.

I qualified 3rd finished 5th. I got away well and was leading after T1 then a few corners later i got a penalty putting me last and then another 1 on lap 2. I really couldn't be bothered then and after i had my early stop i got another penalty. As we was heading into the last 11 laps i thought if i push it really hard i can catch my team mate and get 4th so i set off around 10 seconds away from him. From there i didn't get any penalty and was lighting up different sectors every lap. I didn't manage to get the job done but was very close and really enjoyed the last 11 laps.

I think i could of challenged F1MadAd and Kakundoo tonight but they both done fine jobs.

Budapest Results:-

1. fishfash
2. Kakundoo
3. F1MadAd
4. GINTY1
5. kingmart1n
6. DonkeyFuzz
7. Ardius

Pole:- fishfash - 1:13.845

Fastest Lap:- fishfash - 1:13.513

budaq.jpg

budar.jpg

Started 5th?, Finished 3rd

Got away well and was leading quite comfortably after a few laps which surprised me. But as expected GYLES pulled level, gave a quick wave, and then he was gone into the distance! This left me battling for 2nd with KAK for the rest of the race. Fantastic battle we had, and i dont think we were ever more than a second apart. In the end KAK just managed to pull ahead crossing the line, but what a good battle that was really enjoyed it. I challenge GYLES to be a man, and use a pad next season like the rest of us lol :)

What a race! That was truly enjoyable

Qualified second, which I kind of expected. Everyone is wise to Gyles' sandbagging now anyway lol. Got a reasonably clean getaway, with King flying off the line behind me! The pack was tight into turn 1 and as it came into turn 2 I was just behind King, but as it came to turn 4 I believe, I forgot how to turn the corner properly xD and slowed down too much and lost a position to F1MadAd and had more people on my tail.
I caught them back up by the end of the lap and when Gyles flew off the track (presumably on purpose ;) ), I was challenging F1MadAd for the lead. When Gyles caught back up, he inevitably passed the both of us which (after a mistake and then a catch up) left F1MadAd and I battling it out for the rest of the race.
It was a great battle, always switching positions at least 2 or 3 times per lap. When it came to the second round of pit stops, I took a chance and shot in early to see if I could pull a good enough out lap to get a nice lead on him so that slip stream wouldn't affect the places anymore. It worked, but only slightly, I did a great lap, but we were still too close. I held the place for a few laps but as we were going into the last lap, F1MadAd got the place and all seemed lost. I pushed as hard as I could and it was only in the final corner that I managed to get passed him and steal second.
Awesome racing tonight F1MadAd! :D

And well done Gyles for the win. I don't think even if he used a pad he would be any slower. Perhaps slightly less consistent though.

Simply, I resign.

No way, you made it into the points and you have a very good chance of a strong finish in the Championship. Also I need someone like you who is super fast to continue racing here, and you have a great attendance record 👍

Talking about attendance, the record goes to King, not a single race missed 👍

I challenge GYLES to be a man, and use a pad next season like the rest of us lol :)

Do you mean next race rather than season ? Either way, you are on 👍

The last time I used a controller at Istanbul was sometime in 2007, so my challenge will be not to get lapped :nervous:

And well done Gyles for the win. I don't think even if he used a pad he would be any slower. Perhaps slightly less consistent though.

Great thanks, but I will be consistently last :lol:

We must be close to another wet race Gyles maybe heavy rain on the next track?

Yep, we are, I was hoping we could do Monza with Heavy Rain ?

Thanks.

Race Report:-

Another closely packed grid from 2nd to 5th, there was less than a second gap.

I had a terrible start and King went storming into the lead, and then I went wide into the first corner and was last :lol:

I gradually made my way back into 3rd behind Kak and F1MadAd and stayed behind them for a few laps until I found my pace and slowly pulled out a lead.

After the second round of stops things started to go wrong, I was stuck in 7th gear on my outlap at the hairpin, I had to stop the car and the gears then came back to me. I had a similar problem on the last lap just after I had a semi spin. I was stuck in 5th gear, and finished the race stuck in 5th :scared:

I was very lucky to win here, after my spin on the last lap I should have really stopped the car to get the gears back but took a risk to continue in 5th gear :nervous:

A great result for team Brawn, with a classic 1-2 finish, well done there Kak, and F1MadAd securing the podium.

Next race we fly over to Istanbul, where surely I will get lapped :ill:

Last edited:
You also haven't missed one Gyles mate. I'm surprised i have made them all as i normally find myself at a public house on a friday night but make sure i get home in time for the race. :)

Fine, however, attendence doesn't make a good race, I was on the pace and I get to about 6 or 7 laps and then simply can't be bothered and up just tailing off. I will attend Turkey at Istanbul Park but if my pace is still affected I will consider leaving the championship if theres nothing to fight for. I was consistent, I am fast, I just can't be bothered and my consistency was terrible last night, in laps 1-7 I was doing 1:14's and at the end of the race doing pathetic lap times like 1:17's. Turkey is going yo have to be a good race for me or I'm off.

No i mean use pad next season mate. Cos from what i can remember you are on a similar pace to us guys at the front, but obviously there would be more of us fighting for the win, and not the same guy winning every race. Cos to be honest it's getting a bit boring starting every race knowing 2nd is the maximum. Up to you mate, but i think it wud be a challenge for you, and more fun for the rest of us :)

Bit of a frustrating race, made several mistakes at a track I normally go well at. Not much else to say, failed to get a decent time in qualy and basically drove the car in the race :lol:. I was pushing but it wasn't getting me anywhere, more into mistakes than any meaningful gains in laptime.
I was running 5th for a bit ahead of King and Nev but took slightly too much kerb at the chicane and spun and lost both positions. Got back ahead of Nev for a bit but eventually made another mistake. In hindsight, I'm happy with the result as I couldn't do more but I'm a little disappointed to missed on a 5th place or possibly a 4th if I had been more consistent.

Turkey won't be better, I hate turn 8 there and can rarely get my line hooked up. I can run consistently though so thats all that matters. Tyre wear will be the key for me.

Fine, however, attendence doesn't make a good race, I was on the pace and I get to about 6 or 7 laps and then simply can't be bothered and up just tailing off. I will attend Turkey at Istanbul Park but if my pace is still affected I will consider leaving the championship if theres nothing to fight for. I was consistent, I am fast, I just can't be bothered and my consistency was terrible last night, in laps 1-7 I was doing 1:14's and at the end of the race doing pathetic lap times like 1:17's. Turkey is going yo have to be a good race for me or I'm off.

Hey M8,

I don't understand your comments on "can't be bothered", are you getting bored with F1CE, is there anything we can do to help ?

Thanks.

No i mean use pad next season mate. Cos from what i can remember you are on a similar pace to us guys at the front, but obviously there would be more of us fighting for the win, and not the same guy winning every race. Cos to be honest it's getting a bit boring starting every race knowing 2nd is the maximum. Up to you mate, but i think it wud be a challenge for you, and more fun for the rest of us :)

Good point, I will use the pad from now on, although it has been a very long time since I used it last. With no practice and only switching the PS3 on Friday's I expect to be 2-3 seconds a lap slower :yuck:

Hey M8,

I don't understand your comments on "can't be bothered", are you getting bored with F1CE, is there anything we can do to help ?

Thanks.QUOTE]

Thanks for your appreciation, I'm not getting bored with F1CE at all, I love all the challenges it brings espescially online, however, when we are doing the online race I keep up with the regular front runners being pretty consistent but not actually getting anywhere. After about 7 laps or so I just lay off the accelerator and let you guys do the job. I used put up with it when I first started the Championship but now I simply cannot carry racing full pelt and just staying in the same place unless it's for real points and by real I mean 1st or 2nd because coming second means in theory you are the first person to lose. If I could carry on racing at full pelt race pace I reckon I could have come on the podium last night but after recording an all new career low of 6th it's a tad annoying. I suppose there is not much you in specific can do but if have any ideas then I'd love to know. Thanks again.

Thanks for your appreciation, I'm not getting bored with F1CE at all, I love all the challenges it brings espescially online, however, when we are doing the online race I keep up with the regular front runners being pretty consistent but not actually getting anywhere. After about 7 laps or so I just lay off the accelerator and let you guys do the job. I used put up with it when I first started the Championship but now I simply cannot carry racing full pelt and just staying in the same place unless it's for real points and by real I mean 1st or 2nd because coming second means in theory you are the first person to lose. If I could carry on racing at full pelt race pace I reckon I could have come on the podium last night but after recording an all new career low of 6th it's a tad annoying. I suppose there is not much you in specific can do but if have any ideas then I'd love to know. Thanks again.

Hey :)

Well if it helps I will be using the pad from now on so my winning days are over, but even with the wheel there have been many races where I have just squeezed out a win, usually with a 5 second margin over a 20 lap race, which is nothing really, well equivalent to an 8 second penalty in theory.

Have a look at your Monaco result, you easily got the pole, and very unlucky not to win. Just keep pushing M8, you got the pace to win like others here. I have said many times before that any of the top 5-6 guys can win, it's just a matter of being consistent as Ardius has mentioned above.

Oh and the main reason we all meet every Friday is to have fun 👍

Latest Posts

Back