4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
Started 6th, Finished 5th
Definately the most fun race I've been in so far, probably because I was actually racing someone lol. Got away poorly was last, first two laps I spent battling with Gyles, PJ and Ardius, was really close there but then I hit two mid 1.26s and pulled away, Gyles kept close to me though. Going into the 1st stop I was right behind King but he pulled away. The rest of the race was spent racing with the championship leader who pushed me really hard, think he made a mistake with 5 laps left so I just drove steadily to bring it home, 10 seconds behind King and 10 ahead of Gyles. Great race guys, good win for F1Mad.

Started 7th, finished 7th. Considering this is my worst track I didn't approach this one with much aggression. I took a steady qualifying pace, and actually put in a very fast time for me, only 2 tenths off my fastest race lap. This put me only ahead of PJ who failed to set a lap.
The race start went well, I kept up with the tail end of the pack for the first few laps but eventually let the pack go so I could concentrate on my pace. My plan was to take the race Prost-style and concentrate on my consistencey and tyre wear over the race. I chugged around setting my best lap of 1'28.052 and eventually caught and put quite a gap to PJ, who appeared to be making many mistakes.
My plan paid off in that I kept my tyres fresh for the whole race (never got the radio call for worn tyres! :D) and ran to the very end of my fuel stints.

I made one mistake in the entire race, which was a small spin at Turn 8, which took my left wheel off.

Considering my past races here have had lots of incidents, loads of tyre wear and little results to count for it, I'm quite pleased to have pulled off a measured race at my worst circuit. 2 seconds off the pace is not so bad either.

Now we are onto a string of circuits I enjoy a lot, though my recent online races at Interlagos have been terrible :lol:. I'm looking for a good result definitely at Shanghai though.

Well i qualified 4th and finished 4th. For the first 4 laps i was up with the leading pace not far from the lead then a small error cost me the slip stream and they pulled away. So i was 4th and i had a quick look down at the map and jordy was right behind me. Jordy went in to the pits 2 laps before me and when i came out there was a bigger gap between us. So i knew that i couldn't catch the leading 3 so i kept the gap between me and jordy and just cruised to the finish line.

I am really surprised that i finished 4th as i done normally enjoy the track till tonight. Good win F1MadAD.

Istanbul Results:-

1. F1MadAd
2. DonkeyFuzz
3. Kakundoo
4. kingmart1n
5. jordy7777
6. fishfash
7. Ardius
8. PJ-FFL

Pole:- Kakundoo - 1:26.595

Fastest Lap:- DonkeyFuzz - 1:25.905

istanbulq.jpg

istanbulr.jpg

My Post Conference:-

Started 2nd, Finished 2nd

Well I can tell you now I must be the most pleased guy on the earth, 2nd! For sure I was hoping for more but I pushed hard in qualifying and just beat MadAd to come 2nd 2 tenths behind Kak. When we arrived on the grid I was thinking 4th will be good and that was where I was running, until I pulled out some insanely quick lap of 1:25.9!, this brought me right back into contention and King made a mistake and moved up to P3. Me, Kak and MadAd were neck and neck and let me tell you I wouldn't want to place a bet on who would win. After the first round of stops Kak came out ahead but odly, I managed to lead a couple of laps but I made a crucial error at the corneer just before the back straight and must have lost at least 2 seconds. After round 2 of pits, I was in 2nd, MadAd 1st and Kak 3rd and thats how it stayed. After the last pit stop I was thinking 'just bring it home safely in 2nd and don't c*ck up' which I didn't and when I crossed the line I was very pleased indeed, but the real winner here is MadAd wo drove suprbly as did the rest of you! See you next week at Monza.

Started 3rd, Finished 1st

What a great race that was! Came here to a track i'm not very fond of, and not having turned a wheel since the last race. Was surprised to be right on the pace from the word go, and the car just seemed to go exactly where i wanted. Qualified 3rd but not far off the 2 infront. Started ok and me, NEV, KAK, and KING were all battling for the lead. KING dropped away after getting a penalty, which left the 3 of us battling it out for nearly the whole race. I couldn't believe how we were keeping so close together on a track like this, like NEV says it was anybody's guess who'd win. Then towards the end KAK made an error which dropped him back, and meant it was me vs. NEV for the win. Just before the last stop i managed to pull a slight gap, which gave me some breathing space. Came out and the gap was still the same, so i just kept up a good pace to the finish and made no mistakes. Best race of the season i reckon, fantastic battling with NEV and KAK. Big shout out to NEV tho for his pace and consistencey after the switch to manual, and also a great lap mate. Cya next week, i think my secret it "don't practice" lol :D

An excellent qualy for me, just six tenths of a second off my team mates pole time, and just under 8 tenths split the top 6 👍

A great race for me, considering this is the first time I have used the pad at Istanbul in years :yuck:

The entire race I had my sights on jordy7777, I was probably around 2 -3 seconds behind for the entire race until 4 laps to go, I spun it and got an 8 second penalty at the chicane just after turn 8. It was a very enjoyable race I had with jordy7777, pushing all the time, but I was just not quick enough, hope we can do the same at Monza :)

My fastest lap of the race was my qualy time :lol: Just could not hook up all the laps with any consistency though. Usually I can lap within a few tenths off my fastest lap but today on some laps I would be 1.5 seconds slower than my fastest.

An excellent result for Team Brawn with Kak finishing a strong third just a few seconds behind DonkeyFuzz, and a fantastic win for F1MadAd, well done there 👍

Next week we race at an extremely wet Monza with plenty of Heavy Rain, surely King can win this who is very good in these types of conditions.

Thanks.

The entire race I had my sights on jordy7777, I was probably around 2 -3 seconds behind for the entire race until 4 laps to go, I spun it and got an 8 second penalty at the chicane just after turn 8. It was a very enjoyable race I had with jordy7777, pushing all the time, but I was just not quick enough, hope we can do the same at Monza :)

Thanks.

Yea was great racing there, think I will test out Monza tomorrow but not sure how quick I will be in the rain lol.

Great race in my opinion.
I really hadn't expected to get pole, but I was very happy with that, especially as for some reason, the car felt really heavy under braking and during corners :S.
After reading Nev's and F1MadAd's post-race analysis' then you know the story of the race. It was so, so close the whole way through. After the first pit stops, I came out in front from doing an extra lap out on the track, however, towards the end, before the second round of pit stops, I made a crucial error :(. It was only a 3 second penalty on the final corner, but it certainly cost me the race, and second place as well.

I'm a little disappointed in my performance, I know I could have done a lot better, but made two too many mistakes and it cost me big time :(

Oh well, on to Monza, which i'm sure will be a lot like the race we just had because of all the long straights. With a little bit more of the consistency I used to have, I think I can challenge for the win again.

I think with the constant improving pace of this season, mid to low 1:26s will be the front running pace. If it's any lower than that, then that would be insane!

I like the wet and after this Friday's performance I think a win is possible but then it is possible for so many of you guys to win as well. I would say my strongest chance at winning a race would be at Shanghai but then lots of you have said you find Shanghai 'easy'. Taking this into account I think Brazil will be my number 1 chance.

4 races remain, 4 chances to take a win against the best, no time for mistakes, no time for 2nd or lower. This is Formula One.

I don't think you can really practice monza in the extreme wet unless you are practicing with someone your own pace. This is because more than likely your going to be in a slip stream battle and the breaking points will change.

I don't think you can really practice monza in the extreme wet unless you are practicing with someone your own pace. This is because more than likely your going to be in a slip stream battle and the breaking points will change.

Should I practice in Sunny conditions then? Been a while since I've done a race with heavy rain.

Noticed that there had been a heavy rain race at Monza in the 2nd GTP Championship, looks like 1.27s are quick here.

Personally, I think that everyone has improved so much that 1:27s won't be quick enough for the win here. I remember that race with Shaggy and it was damn hard! But I think that the pace has increased into the 1:26s. I haven't been able to test this theory out yet lol, but I reckon people will be able to do it, especially with the slipstream on pretty much every straight.

I managed a 1:26.1, and I thought a 1:25 was possible. It is going to be very close, even if you have a really bad lap, theres a chance you'll be right back in it but I think an 8 second penalty or more could result in a 'fight for race win' over because everybody will just pull away in the slipstream.

I managed a 1:26.1, and I thought a 1:25 was possible. It is going to be very close, even if you have a really bad lap, theres a chance you'll be right back in it but I think an 8 second penalty or more could result in a 'fight for race win' over because everybody will just pull away in the slipstream.

You managed a 1.26.1 offline or online?

That...is...insane. I don't think i'll be able to keep up with that kind of pace. I don't think i'll even get close to that speed :S

Well with the slipstream it will be easy to keep up it will be just getting the apex's right. I think I've got to grips with manual because it feels like the norm just to gear up and then down. Also that time was achived whilst in a slipstream.

Last edited:
Firstly I want to apologize to anyone I didn't pull over for, totally forgot that the spray would be distracting while I was driving.

Well I hate the rain, knew while practicing that I wasn't going to be on the pace but the amount of mistakes was just unbelievable. 2 18 second penalties which would have meant I definately wouldn't have been lapped and then a few spins aswell. Does anyone know what happened to Ginty?

Good win F1Mad, noticed King was really quick. Be interesting to see everyone's race report.

Well a bad day for me i qualified 3rd and finished 4th. After the first lap me and F1MadAD was in a battle for 1st going for it for 5 laps till i get a 8 second penalty. So for 1 lap i had a battle with kakundoo till i make another mistake and he has gone. But after the first stop me and Nev have a battle with us both hitting very quick laps as we got right behind the leading pack bang a 3 second penalty. The next lap bang a 8 second penalty so 4th was all i could do.

Great driving out there F1MadAD you didn't put a foot wrong and great battling with you, kakundoo and Nev at various parts of the race.

Press Conference:

Well, another good drive by myself and pretty pleased as well with the end result. However, after qualifying I was cursing under my breath, an absolutely dismal session, on my first lap, it was penalised at turn 1 and then on lap 2 I went off at Ascari Chicane, so on my last lap I went a lot slower and posted a pretty bad lap time. On the grid I thought I could be much higher but there you go, and then, to top it off, I had the worst get away from the lights I've ever had and lost lots of time. Then, my first 2 laps were horrific, I was all over the gaff, but I picked up momentum and started to close on the top 3 after having a good battle with Gyles. King went off I think and just before round 2 of pistops I closed the gap to F1MadAd and Kak joined us in a 3 way battle. On the last lap just after the 2nd chicane there are the 2 right handers, well as I approached there there was spray from MadAd, Kak, Jordy, and 2 AI cars, I could literally see nothing. After this I decided to slow down as 3rd was where I was going to finish and I did not want to crash with King behind me.

Great win for MadAd, I think that is 3 victory's now, and well done to everyone else, great racing. Now we head to China and the gap between me and King is just 2 points, this is going to be tense.

Back