4th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship (Collisions Off)

• Thread starter fishfash
  • 685 comments
First of all congratulations to Nev, a well deserved win, but my team mate Kak kept you honest :sly:

A message to jordy7777, try to use manual gears and practice with that set up :)

I had a great qualy, I got the pole just by the skin of my teeth and along side me was Nev with a brilliant second place and only half a tenth down.

Off to a good start and for the first 3 laps I was able to keep up with Nev and Kak. Slowly they managed to pull away from me as Jarno Trulli kicked in :yuck: and as a result F1MadAd and King started hunting me down and eventually caught me.

Going into the first round of stops I was just behind F1MadAd and King battling for 3rd, but I began to feel how tiresome it can get using a pad. Upon exiting the pits I just did not have any pace and my lap times dropped into the high 1:32's. Again I had the same problem as the last 2 races, my Qualy lap was quicker than my race lap.

I don't know how you guys do it, but my hands are killing me now, I think I will need to turn off the rumble effect at Suzuka :nervous:

Well done to all, and it's great to see a new winner, and a very close finish for the top 4.

Next week we fly over to Japan, who is the favourite ? I have no idea, it's too close to call.

Thanks.

Yea I've been using manual gears since Istanbul but it's the only track I've been competitive on although it is my favorite track by far.

Gah, if I had joined a second sooner I might have been on the starting grid. :yuck:

As it was, I late joined on the 1st lap, with a significant margin to the rest, probably about 10 seconds at least. This was pretty annoying as I go pretty well at this track and my best lap was 1'32.648 and I was lapping between 1'32-1'33 for most of the race, only 1 second or so off the leaders!

Anyway, after jordy made a mistake on lap 2 or 3, I quickly caught and passed him and made my way after GINTY in 6th. I spent the rest of the race tailing him really, I eventually caught him 3 laps from the end but he made no mistakes and I settled for 7th.
I think I could have gotten a better result from that to be honest, but ah well. Hopefully I can make it on time for Suzuka, as I've got a good rhythm there too.

Congrats to my teammate on his first win :cheers:.

My advice for Jordy is to try to take as many corners as flat out as possible and use as little steering as possible. The key to Shanghai is keeping your speed through all corners as high as possible and using the brakes and steering wheel as little as possible. Turn 1 doesn't really have a "perfect" line, but generally trying to carry as much speed as possible for as long as possible is the best way around, even if it means braking and going wide for part of it. Turn 2/3/4 is fairly mickey mouse. Turn 6 I normally brake ever so slightly around the 50 meter board and try to be on the throttle as early as possible. Turn 7 should be flat, a quick brake into turn 8 and then more braking for 9, flat out through 10. Turn 11 I brake just as the rumble strip on the outside starts, and then try to take some of the apex curb. Turn 12/13 should be taken initially slowly, try to ensure you can turn the car into the apex before applying throttle, then ease the car around it using as little steering as possible. I usually brake and change down 1 gear for this corner so I can then take it flat all the way without fear of running wide and into a penalty. Turn 14 I brake around 100 meters, sometimes a little less, sometimes more, try to take as much of the apex as possible, as its not a high one and you can get away with cutting. Turn 16 I brake at 50 meters then try to avoid the green run off on the outside on the straight and try to cut the apex, but not too much as it can spin you like the green stuff.
I suggest watching some real onboards for the lines and braking points too.

Last edited:
Started 6th, Finished 3rd

Not a very good track for me, so i wasn't surprised by my quali position. We were all stuck together like glue at the start, and i can imagine how amusing that looked JORDY lol. NEV and KAK started to pull away after a few laps, and me, KING and GYLES were all battling for 3rd. After a while GYLES started to drop back, which left me and KING locked in a race-long battle for 3rd. Literally the whole race we were battling, and everytime one of us pulled away we would get slip on the main straight. Towards the end of the race i was breaking tows, and playing games to get KING generally hot under the collar...but he was having none of it lol. After the last pit-stop i pulled a little gap, and i just did 3 quali laps to the finish, and just managed to finish ahead and take 3rd. Fantastic battle though KING, really intense. Great win by NEV glad to see you get your first win mate. Also a great 2nd place by KAK. If you think your hands are aching now GYLES, just wait 'til Suzuka lol :)

Thanks for the advice Ardius, think I will practice alot more this week for Suzuka, done a few laps there now and it's safe to say it's a track that suits my style of driving.

I'll like to join you guys Online since a finally got a copy of F1CE, if the racing is this drifting around corners & getting unrealistic lap times then forget it

My current times since i got it back in the MIDLAND MF1,

Melbourne - 1:29:400
Imola - 1:20:265

I'll like to join you guys Online since a finally got a copy of F1CE, if the racing is this drifting around corners & getting unrealistic lap times then forget it

Cool man, you can be my team mate, just make sure to turn up lol. My last 2 team mates didn't.

If by drifting you're referring to online and other player's cars, thats just the lag effect. People don't actually drift the cars.

Cool man, you can be my team mate, just make sure to turn up lol. My last 2 team mates didn't.

If you want me as a team mate, send friend request. ( GTP_ENERGIYA )

If by drifting you're referring to online and other player's cars, thats just the lag effect. People don't actually drift the cars.

Are you sure, i tried online yesterday & players were doing 10 to 15 seconds per lap faster that i was, plus i can see all the tire marks at the corners.

I wouldn't say we do unrealistic lap times, some people on here are very quick though and would be very hard to catch.

Yea will add you now, could do some practice at Suzuka today if you wanted.

Are you sure, i tried online yesterday & players were doing 10 to 15 seconds per lap faster that i was, plus i can see all the tire marks at the corners.

Yes, that is lag and how the game's networking code works. If people were really drifting the cars:
1. I would be impressed because its close to impossible to drift F1 cars in any game, particularly this one!
2. They wouldn't be setting good laptimes! :lol:

Its just the same as when you play Ferrari Challenge or GT5P where the cars will sometimes jump about and kick up grass off road, etc. Just in F1:CE it makes tyre smoke because the game thinks the cars are really sliding about when they are just being slightly laggy.
Blame it being a simple port of a PS2 game and only being a PS3 launch game, its network code isn't especially refined (though it works well enough most of the time).

So, since fishfash has already won the WDC, how about we ban him from racing for the rest of this season(2 races) so someone else can win for a change? :lol:

Since he switched to the controller it's been alot more competitive lol. 2 wins for F1Mad and 1 for Nev. King and Kak have been close to wins aswell.

So, since fishfash has already won the WDC, how about we ban him from racing for the rest of this season(2 races) so someone else can win for a change? :lol:

I am using the controller now and I am rubbish with it, the best I have managed is a 5th place finish, athough I was on pole at Shanghai :drool:

Tables updated:-

F1MadAd secures 2nd in the Championship, congratulations there 👍 and it's a fight for 3rd between Nev and King, too close to call on who will take this.

table16.png

And 2nd in the Constructors is still up for grabs. I might not be able to make it, so, GO F1MadAd GO!!!!!!!!

It's great to finally have 10 points to my name after my disappointment at Monaco. Hopefully I can stay in 3rd place but King is fast and is truely up for taking 3rd so Suzuka is an important race for myself as it is everyone else in different aspects. I would like to beat Kak, like I said last week, I need to prove a point and it would be nice to make the points deficit between myself and MadAd a little smaller.

Hope to see you all on Friday.

As i said to you in a message Nev i don't run well at brazil which gives you 3rd in my mind. And pj i think Red Bull will be taking 2nd in the constructors championship as both me and Ginty both turn up on race day.

I wouldn't say we do unrealistic lap times, some people on here are very quick though and would be very hard to catch.

Yea will add you now, could do some practice at Suzuka today if you wanted.

Sorry i did not get a chance to practice at suzuka, i was probably asleep, there's probably a big time difference between Australia & were you live.
Hopefully we can meet soon.

Sorry i did not get a chance to practice at suzuka, i was probably asleep, there's probably a big time difference between Australia & were you live.
Hopefully we can meet soon.

Yea you are 10 hours ahead I think, that means to race 11pm my time you would need to be up around 8.30-9 in the morning, quite brutal lol.

Why do I keep forgetting to post my race analysis? lol.

It was a good race for me in China. Once again, I found myself fighting for the win, and for the first few laps, I thought it was going to be a huge scrap for the win!
In practice, I was nervous because I had completely forgotten about the faster way to take the last corner, which gave me a huge disadvantage in the final sector of every lap since I was completely out of practice there.
I found that for the most part of the track I was as quick as, if not quicker in some parts than Nev. But this was around halfway through when I was getting in my groove. For the first half, it was me staying with him because of the slip down the straight.

In the end, it was because of the last corner that I lost the race, because Nev was so much quicker than me round there, and so I missed out by a tenth :(

Congrats to Nev though, great performance from him and not one mistake on the track. Very impressive.

However, with UFC 2010 taking up most of my time now, and me not being great at Suzuka, despite my win here last season. I don't think I am a candidate for the race win here. I will probably be half a second off the pace even if I do practice anyway, because I don't really think i'm very good here.

On the brighter side, I do enjoy Interlagos, and I think that's where my best hope lies (and my last hope) for getting that race win this season.

Hey Ardius, just realised how close we are to Andrea Moda in the championship, just 6 points! Reckon we can do it?

Also Fishfash, (Sorry Ardius) I beleive that Arrows GP is actually not on 112 pts but 110, I think this is correct seen as it was just Ardius, myself and the 2 points Scoop picked up.

And seen as I have too much free time, I've made this chart, hope you guys like it. The numbers are corresponding with the order of the Championship Table.
http://img340.imageshack.us/i/gtpchart.png/

Last edited:
I reckon so if I have a bit of luck and manage to turn up on time for these last two races. Suzuka I'm ok at, Interlagos can be a bit iffy, sometimes I can have horrible races there. Will try my best anyways 👍.

Sorry guys, it's very possible I won't be able to make it tonight. I haven't even been able to practice all week, so it wouldn't have been a good race for me anyway :(

Might not be making it tonight, sorry Nev.

Edit: Well, I made it on time! :cheers:
Qualified a decent 5th place but finished 7th. I was distracted by other people in my household at the start, so lost a little bit of time but quickly got into a nice rhythm to end up a solid 5th till the first pit stops. I benefitted largely from King's disconnect during Qualy and a few mistakes from newcomer Shane. I had a comfortable gap back to them of about 20 seconds or so.....until I tried to pit. I ended up touching the grass a bit and smacking the wall, resulting in a respawn outside of the pitlane and a penalty. :ouch:
I decided it was probably less damaging to reverse and get into the pits rather than limp with a penalty and run out of fuel, but it meant by the end of my 1st pit stop I was 2 positions down and easily 10 seconds off. My race was effectively screwed from that point on, Shane had pitted slightly earlier and ended up on a better strategy in the end and King obviously marched into the distance. I wasn't confident of finishing 5th but I thought I would have had a better go at it than that, I at least thought I may have fought King for a bit but alas.
I had a bit of swapping with Shane nearer the end, but again I made mistakes and it was already a lost position anyway as I still had to pit for the second time.
To add insult to injury, I got lapped just before the end and King appeared to make a mistake on the last lap, promoting Shane to 5th. If only.....gah.

I hate it when I waste my opportunities like this, at least I made the most of Monaco this season though.

Last edited:
Nothing to say about that could of won that as my race pace was mostly in the 1,31,9s with no slip. Plus thanks all for waiting when you notice i got signed out i am really annoyed after wait 18 mins for the race might not bother for the final race now.

No Ardius i finished 5th but my end of race screen didn't come up after i crossed the line so i quit out.

Last edited:
Started 1st, Finished 1st

Well, one of the best races I've ever done, what can I say. I qualified on pole for the second time this season and hoped to keep it in first unlike Monaco. I got off to a good start and did some duelling with Gyles which was very fun but he made a mistake and left me in P1 and I was quite comfartable there as well. Came into the pits came out and drove. But then, that corner, that bloody corner thought it would throw off the track and let me play catch up to MadAd. As you can imagine I was livid but tried to keep a good pace and was matching MadAd but after round 2 of pistops, he made an error going through the Suzuka 's' and I was right back in there with 3 laps to go. I would of said MadAd had the lead for longer in the closing stages but it was very close. When we came out of the 130R for the last time I thought what if I crash? But we went through thr chicane and I came out something like 0.025 seconds ahead? Great racing though mate, it was truely fantastic. Well done to everyone else for some super racing. I'm not sure about the fastest lap though, didn't see it. Also what happened with King at the start?

Well Brazil, final race on the calendar, hope to see you there for another action packed evening!

Suzuka Results:-

Sorry could not get proper photos, camera died on me, race report to follow.

1. DonkeyFuzz
2. F1MadAd
3. GINTY1
4. fishfash
5. kingmart1n
6. ShaneMcKane
7. Ardius

Pole:- DonkeyFuzz - 1:31.893

Fastest Lap:- DonkeyFuzz - 1:31.447

suzukaq.png

suzukar.png

Latest Posts