5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Wow, that sounds great Ardius, that sounds as though it was awsome!

I think I am a regular 1:33 man and hopefully this can be converted into a strong podium ahead of my team mate.

I haven't done as much practice as usual this week with Red Dead Redemption taking over the PS3.

Yep sounds awesome Ardius 👍

Nev, for the record your fastest lap at Sepang was 1:28.978.

Thanks mate for getting that, I knew it was a 1:28 but not sure how far into it. :)

Also just took 1 second off my practice time with a 1:32.4

So i qualified 3rd finished 4th. After the bad first 3 laps which included a 8 second penalty and a spin i knuckled down and got a good race pace going. As i was racing on my own there is nothing to say apart from holding the fastest lap for most of the race till F1MadAd put in a great lap time.

Good win for Mclaren stand in driver and i need to go to the toilet after 10 laps but just held out.

Started 5th, finished 5th -
Don't know what happened to be honest, my times earlier today online were 1.33-1.34 and I was way off tonight, maybe tiredness or something. Anyway it was clear from the start that I wasn't nearly quick enough to keep up with the leading 4. I thought I got lucky when King made a few mistakes and set my fastest lap here which was a 1.34.6 or something like that but King just flew past setting the fastest lap in the process. So just like last week, for 15 laps I had literally nothing to do lol. Was setting some awful times but PJ was so far behind I didn't need to worry. My goal next week is definately to get a lot closer but Imola is a tricky one.

Started 1st, Finished 3rd

Got pole a couple of tenths ahead of my team-mate NEV. He did a great opening lap and was leading going into the second lap. With no practice all week i was concerned about pushing hard especically at certain corners. Did the best i could and i was managing to keep him in my sights. Was getting into a good rhythm, but M001 was a coming. Had a 'moment' which allowed him past, and a few laps later he was knocking on my team-mates door. They became locked in battle, and i was keeping up the pace in 3rd. By the end of the race i was in the groove and decided to push for FL after seeing i was only a tenth off KING's time, set a 1:32.143 on penultimate lap so was well happy with that, sorry KING lol. In the end NEV came home 2nd making it a 2-3 for Heskeths lol. Gw 001, gd 2nd NEV. Just 1 point in the lead now apparently, things hotting up nicely :D

Qualifying Results:

Race Results:

Fastest Lap:
1:32.143 - F1MadAd

1. Markk001
2. Nev-Nev-22
3. F1MadAd
4. KingMart1n
5. Jordy7777
6. PJ-FFL
7. Gyles69

Race Report:

Qualified 2nd, Finished 2nd

Got off to a good start after qualifying 2 tenths behind my team mate. I was battling for the 1st lap to try and get the lead because visibility was very poor. Coming down the mian straight I got F1MadAd and we came through into turn 1 and I came out on top. Mark started to catch up on me and MadAd and I saw those two battling it out behind me about 8 tenths behind. I made a mistake and got a 3-second penalty and that left MadAd and Mark through but at the end of sector 1 he made a mistake and I was up into 2nd. In the first round of pits I got another 3-second penalty and was behind both MadAd and Mark but MadAd went wide where he did before and that let me through. About 5 laps after this, we got very fast before the chicane at the beginning of sector 3 and we both had the perfect line through there but we both got greedy and ran wide onto the grass but I escaped ahead of my team mate.

For therest of the race I was just trying to keep a cool head and not make any mistakes which I didn't which leaves my 2nd in the standings by 1 point.

Good racing last night everyone,Mark for the win and for my team mate as we make a Hesketh 2-3. Unfortunately for Gyles he had a connection error and started when were about 7 or 8 laps into the race.

I never got a chance to set a good lap in qualifying. Only on the last lap, I got something good going, but time ran out. At the start I got up pretty high in position, but a huge penalty from cutting a corner, not much, just a little bit, put me all the way back in 6th, and a few more mistakes, 2 tire punctures, and my stupid stepdad turning off the TV ,sealed my place all the way back. But then out of nowhere, Gyles pops up, and I realised that this was a battle for race position, so I stuck with him for the mast few laps of the race in an epic battle for 6th. He got away, but then he made a mistake and I got by.

So, San Marino and Nurburgring next week? I know how you are all unbelievably fast at Imola, so i'm expecting to have another bad race, but I know Nurburgring like the back of my hand, and i'm goodish there too, so watch out.

Race Previews:

San Marino:

I am looking forward to this race as I do every race but I'm looking forward to this one in particular after last season. Myself and MadAd both claimed P2 but MadAd was definately faster but those were the days of automatic gearbox's but now with manual, I seem to be alot faster than I was with auto so I'm hoping to gain on MadAd but lets not write off anyone else! Keeping consistent here is har through the chicanes as its very tempting to just take to much kerb and recieve a penalty.

Even when Gyles used the steering wheel, consistency seemed to be a problem but at Imola last season I dont think there was foot wrong so perhaps some big points for Brawn with Kakundoo also very quick.

This week we will also see Mark fill in for Ginty for both Grand Prix but he has never raced us at Imola, but could he pull out win number two alongside very competitive team mate KingMartin.

Its a tough one to call and I think consistency is key for this track more than others because many of the chicanes are very high speed.

The fastest lap last season was 1:14.642 which was achieved by F1MadAd
In the 3rd GTP Championship the fastest lap was 1:14.603
The average of these two times is 1:14.623

Bare in mind that these time were most likely achieved when entering the pit lane!

I would say the pace time of te front runners will be high 1:15's

Europe:

Last season we saw some very competitve racing here with Gyles and Mark battling it out for P1 so Mark is familiar with racing with us a this particualr circuit and knows the sorts of times we can do. Myself and MadAd were locked in a duel for nearly the entire race but he pipped me to P3 I think it was with Gyles coming through ahead of Mark in P1. Kakundoo unfortunately didn't make this race with us so it will be interesting to find out his pace and I've seen King on F1 CE quite alot so a win is definately possible.

Compared to Imola, the Nurburgring is a track to be more consistent around except for that final chicane which can do anything.

Who knows whats going to happen, with a single point seprating me and MadAd whilst Gyles is in 3rd with some very strong competition behind him.

Here are the fastest laps from season 4 and 3:

1:23.452
1:24.6

Average is 1:24.026

However, coming out the pit lane rewards time and these times were set with steering wheels, from this I think the front pace will be mid-high 1:25's, low 1:26's

I got a text from Ginty and he said that he will be back on friday for the race so unless his flight is late mark will not be here. As for me on f1ce i am not practicing i am in a room i don't practice but i am off work this week so i could have. I am hoping for a good result at imola it is one of my favourite track but as you mention nev it's all about getting no penalties.I think on a out lap or in lap i could hit a low 1,14 at imola and i think i hit a 1,24,0xx on a out lap at the european track before must of been a fluke though as i hate that track.

Okay, so Ginty will most likely be back, thats good I guess, King, just let me know if Mark is going to fill in for him.

Hopefully Ardius will show up and I know Lofasz will make an appearance tomorrow.

I've got all day of work tomorrow as well, so I'm going to do some practicing then.

Okay, so Ginty will most likely be back, thats good I guess, King, just let me know if Mark is going to fill in for him.

I've got all day of work tomorrow as well, so I'm going to do some practicing then.

I will do nev and i should be around tomorrow i might join you for a hour.

Anyone know if FunkMonk will be on tomorrow?

He said via PSN he would most likely be able to but there is a small possibility he won't be able to make it.

NOTICE about the Nurburgring:

The lap glitch can happen here but you can never tell if it's going to happen or not.

With this, if anyone comes across the lap glitch then where ever they finish within other cars example between 3rd and 4th, they will be awarded joint 4th place with whoever came in in 4th place.

Last edited:
NOTICE about the Nurburgring:

The lap glitch can happen here but you can never tell if it's going to happen or not.

With this, if anyone comes across the lap glitch then where ever they finish within other cars example between 3rd and 4th, they will be awarded joint 4th place with whoever came in in 4th place.

That ain't right nev you can't share 4th place the others all would move down one position.

I don't think we need to share positions, as long as everyone is aware of where they are we should be able to work out the actual finishing order. If you're racing side by side with someone like fishfash or whoever you aren't exactly going to believe they are a lap down are you?

I don't think anyone will complain about being demoted because of this. After all, its an unfair glitch out of our control.

Yea i got kicked out. There's no need to share points if there's a lap glitch, we can work out where everyone finished, and most of the time it's only the front row that go a lap down anyway. It would be unfair to share points out when we can just work out the correct positions

Back