5th GTPlanet Formula 1 World Championship

• Thread starter DonkeyFuzz
  • 370 comments
Imola qualified 7th finished 5th.

Have nothing to say about that race the only good thing was getting the fastest lap.

European qualified 6th finished 4th.

Not must to say on this one i was racing on my own mostly but on the upside i didn't get a single penalty.

Great job again MARKK winning both race and taking maximum points in all three races you took part in so far.

Imola:
Qualified 4th, finished 6th.
Had a great qualifying run after some pretty dreadful practice sessions. Sometimes I can't get my rhythm right with this track but today it was great. Had a mostly error-free race and had a great battle with my teammate, both of us deciding to run a 2nd to last-lap 2nd pit stop strategy. Unfortunately for PJ he screwed up his pit stop (maybe team orders ;) :D). I ran a steady pace in the race as I was wary of overcooking it so easily around here.

Nurburgring:
Qualified 5th, finished 7th.
Again, a decent qualifying run but I'm always at home at this circuit. Probably my favourite circuit on the game maybe bar Monaco or Suzuka. Kept with the pack for most of the race, made two major mistakes. Once spinning at the final chicane and once screwing up my pit stop at the end, allowing Gyles to jump clear of me at the end. Another solid race for me.

Pretty happy with both performances considering I hadn't practiced all that much before hand.

Qualifying and Race Results from San Marino:

Qualifying:

imolaq.jpg

Race Results:

Fastest Lap: KingMart1n - 1:13.789

1.Markk001
2.DonkeyFuzz
3.F1MadAd
4.Gyles69
5.KingMart1n
6.Ardius
7.PJ-FFL
8.Lofasz - DNF

imolor.jpg

Last edited:
Qualifying and Race Results from Europe:

Qualifying:

nutbyq.jpg

Race Results:

Fastest Lap: Markk001 - 1:23.659

1.Markk001
2.F1MadAd
3.DonkeyFuzz
4.KingMart1n
5.Lofasz
6.Gyles69
7.Ardius
8.PJ-FFL

nurbyr.jpg

Last edited:
Imola

Started 1st, Finished 3rd

Great lap to take pole. Got mugged off the line by quite a few people. Pushed too hard trying to catch up on cold tyres, and spun on the first lap...disaster! Spent the rest of the race making up the lost ground, and was flying round there. Towards the end i had got up into 2nd position, and it looked strong. I found i was able to go 1 lap longer than the others, which would mean i pitted on the last lap if i took it easy for that last lap. Now since the timing beam is at the start of the pit-lane i thought just maybe i could pit (making it 2 stops), but cross the timing beam as i entered, making me the winner. But it wasn't so, and i was classed as finished as i left the pits, meaning i came 3rd. Still pleased with 3rd since i was virtualy last after the spin at the start, really enjoyed the drive back through the field. Good win by MARKY, great lap by KING

Nurburgring

Started 1st, Finished 2nd

Quite a scruffy quali lap so was amazed to have got pole by so much. Got off the line better this time and was feeling good. But then i got a penalty at the final chicane, and again i was virtually last. Got my head down, and made up positions fast and driving with frustration fuelling me. Towards the end i was up fighting with NEV for 2nd, and we hada good scrap for a few laps before he got a penalty at the final chicane. With that i just brought it home 2nd. Again really enjoyed that and chuffed to bits with 2nd after coming through the pack. Good win by MARKY again

So after all that me and NEV are still seperated by 1 point in the championship, as we both got 2nd & 3rd coming away with the same points. Still the good thing is i'm still leading after what could have been a disasterous weekend. Pheww :D

Imola:-

Qualified on the front row along side pole sitter F1MadAd, and off to a great start and into the lead 👍 But that was short lived and a few corners later I was 3rd. Had a few spins / crashes / penalties for good measure and was lucky to finish 4th.

Great win for Mark but the driver of the day was King, with a superb 1:13 fastest lap, incredible stuff there. I had to rub my eyes a few times just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating when I saw the lap pop up on my screen.

Nurburgring:-

Another good qualy put me in 3rd and was with the leaders for a few laps and then the usual story I started to fall back.

Towards the end of the race I was battling with Ardius but we were on different strategies. I put in some great laps towards the end and just about finished ahead of Ardius, nice battle there 👍

Another great win there for Mark, with a fantastic fastest lap :)

Race Reports:

Imola, San Marino:

Unfortunately, I didn't get a qualifying lap in which left me in last place on the grid which wasn't very pleasing but there you go. I got off to a good start and was battling around P3 at the end of lap 1. From there I had a very tense race despite at one point where I was a loner, I was under pressure. I saw Kings immensely fast lap time light up on the screen and thought he could be a threat. When I exited the pits for the 2nd time I saw MadAd was in 1st and when he carried on going round the track I didn't know what to think but he gambeled and pitted on the last lap which moved me up into P2 which gave me the lead in the championship by 1 point for about 20 minutes.

A very tense race because I cannot go too fast there without making a mistake but I held it out. Well done to Mark on his second win with another to follow.

Nurburgring, Europe:

Had a better qualifying but was hoping for a bit more than 4th but nonetheless, I pushed from this position. I got a good start off the grid and was running in 3rd or 2nd. I ended up battling Gyles for about 2 laps which was fun and me and MadAd got into another lock until round 2 of pits, however, unfortunately for me, I spun and got an 8 second penalty. I knew I would not keep my lead in the title fight but I came home a strong 3rd behind my team-mate and Mark, well done for the win and well done to MadAd and King came home behing me.

Good racing tonight, I enjoyed it. So far, MadAd has been on pole every race and every race a different driver has had the fastest lap. Unfortunately, Lofasz didn't finish the first grand prix but in race 2 he came home in a debut 5, not bad.

See you next Friday for round 6 which I believe is Catalunya in Spain.

Good racing and Schumacher for Pole tomorrow.

Last edited:
Imola, Started 6th, Finished 7th

Great race, lots of fun. Made up many positions, because of others making mistakes ,and was up to about 3rd, then I spun and crashed. Dropped back down a couple of places, but was still ahead of Ardius, until I spun, luckily not crashing this time, but it allowed him to get ahead. But I didn't let him go, I was close to him for the remainder of the race, slowly, but surely, pulling in on him, until we pitted on the same lap. Pit went well, until I pressed the lollipop man command to early, and he held me in for an extra 3 seconds, which let Ardius get away.

Nurburgring- Started 8th, Finished 8th

Qualifying didn't go as planned. I could do a 1:26, but I messed up, and only managed 1:27. Got a quick start, but made so,me big mistakes on lap 1, lots of 8 second penalties, about 3. Tahnks to that, I stuck at the back with no hope of success. Just took it home, lapping consistent 1:27's almost every lap. Didn't go as hoped for at all.

Well, from the looks of things, it'll be a close battle between Ardius, Jordy, and I, all through the season.

Great win for Mark but the driver of the day was King, with a superb 1:13 fastest lap, incredible stuff there. I had to rub my eyes a few times just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating when I saw the lap pop up on my screen.

So was i but it was a in lap time. I did say in the week a low 1,14 was possible on a out or in lap. Not really driver of the race either when you hit nearly double figures of penalties in 15 laps.lol

So was i but it was a in lap time. I did say in the week a low 1,14 was possible on a out or in lap. Not really driver of the race either when you hit nearly double figures of penalties in 15 laps.lol

LOL, but still an awesome lap, good going there 👍

Nev I have some higher quality pictures if you need them.

Annoyed to be honest, internet went off like 10 minutes before 11, like seriously?
Still ahead of PJ and Ardius but team mate didn't show again so I don't have any hope for the constructors.
Looks like a good 2 races there. Mark looks like a wrecking train lol.

It was a very good lap King, I've never hit a 1:13 in my life around that track!

Also the photos are little better now of the last two races courteous of Gyles.

Looking forward to Spain as I came 2nd there to Gyles and without Markk, I think it could be a strong race for myself but everybody's quick so anything can happen. I also think it was one of Ginty's good races last season as he came 3rd just behind me with lots of others coming home behind him. A close race I recall!

Here are last seasons results:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3798729&postcount=302

. . . Unfortunately, Lofasz didn't finish the first grand prix but in race 2 he came home in a debut 5, not bad.

Yeah, the first race was a rough one for me. I messed up and spun under braking for the last chicane on lap 5, lost a front wheel, respawned, then continued on my way. The following lap I got kicked off the server for some reason (honest, I would've finished the race in last if I could). I tried reconnecting a few times over the next few minutes w/ no luck.

Second race was definitely better, thanks. I need to get more practice racing online again, w/ its default setup. I'm too used to tuning my car for more grip and shorter gearing.

Anyway, it was fun racing w/ you guys. No slouches in here, that's for sure!👍

I am at a loss here,

Can you guys tell me whether the setup when you play online is the same as when you play on your computer(grand prix weekend - time trial ) ,
I am not bad a player but I have never played online.

Thanks and regards
Alireza

Sorry for missing it again guys. I knew beforehand I would have to miss some, but due to an unforseen events it seems I'm less free than I thought for when the races are scheduled. My most humble apologies for this to all of you, but particularly my teammate.

I would suggest you replace me in the championship if possible in the near future, as I won't be in a postion to contribute as much as I would like or that would be fair to others.

Once again, I can only offer my apologies for any and all of your time wasted.

Sorry for missing it again guys. I knew beforehand I would have to miss some, but due to an unforseen events it seems I'm less free than I thought for when the races are scheduled. My most humble apologies for this to all of you, but particularly my teammate.

I would suggest you replace me in the championship if possible in the near future, as I won't be in a postion to contribute as much as I would like or that would be fair to others.

Once again, I can only offer my apologies for any and all of your time wasted.

Thanks for letting us know FunkMonk, its ashame you can't make it.

So the option now is, move Lofasz to Alfa Romeo alongside Jordy and and move FunkMonk to a team on his own. Are you okay with this guys?

I am at a loss here,

Can you guys tell me whether the setup when you play online is the same as when you play on your computer(grand prix weekend - time trial ) ,
I am not bad a player but I have never played online.

Thanks and regards
Alireza

and if so when you are practising (like in Melbourne in the Rain)
How do you do it if the setups online are different.

No, basically when you go online you have a lobby where all the players join and can chat. The host player can set various race settings and the 11 players can all choose which car they want to drive (determined in a 1st, 2n, 3rd choice system, where each driver is given their 1st choice, if two drivers choose the same car for their first choice, the driver who joined later gets his 2nd choice and so on).
All 11 teams have had their charateristics altered online so that they are all as fast as the top teams (Ferrari and Renault), so if you choose an MF1, you set the same times as someone in a Ferrari.
The only settings on the car you can choose online are the aids, traction control, etc and automatic or manual transmission. All other settings for the cars (camber, toe, gears, aero, etc) are default.
So to make that clear - you cannot alter the settings on your car online.

When the host starts the race, the screen does not go to the menu you get offline with the practice, setup, leave garage options. It goes straight to the grid and starts the race lights countdown. If qualifying is selected, it runs that immediately instead.
When the race/qualifying finishes, you don't go to the garage you go straight back to the lobby, or the race start after qualifying.
Weather cannot be selected as variable in the races (i.e. it doesnt' change during the race, its either always raining or always sunny), you cannot choose your pit strategy (you always get the default one, around about 60% race distance pitting) and you are given the correct tyres automatically (full wets for heavy rain, etc).

Its guessed that the "online car" is the Ferrari or the Renault with a default (i.e. neutral camber, default gearbox, 50% aero) setup.
I generally wouldn't advise trying to practice comparisons offline to online just because we don't know the settings we get online and which car is the base.

The online car has the sound of the Ferrari, but it is faster than the offline Ferrari in a straight line.

. . . So the option now is, move Lofasz to Alfa Romeo alongside Jordy and and move FunkMonk to a team on his own. Are you okay with this guys?

I'm fine with it, if there are no objections.

I guess that would put Alfa Romeo one point behind Arrows in the Constructors?

Yea when i saw you pit so early KING i thought, he must of been on a blistering lap lol Still a cracking lap mate 👍

When i was down the pub that evening i was thinking if i pit early nobody would know where i was so i done it and got loads of penalties so it didn't matter. I would change the fastest lap for the win any day.

I'm fine with it, if there are no objections.

I guess that would put Alfa Romeo one point behind Arrows in the Constructors?

Yep, you would be correct in saying that. Just need confirmation from Jordy and FunkMonk.

Yeah that's fine with me. Hopefully I will be able to attend some, this friday appears probable.

Cool, just waiting for Jordy now but I would guess he would be okay with this.

It would be great to see you turn up for thhe race at Catalunya as we haven't seen you all championship.

Good race today I thought, 7/10. I was glad to see Webber beat Vettel with the whole front wing controversy and I thought Lewis and Jenson did very good jobs to finish where they did, in particular Jenson. It was annoying to see the Mercedes stop didn't work as Schumacher had a bad out-lap but he's still got it, the wires are up there in his head on how to win, he just needs to link them together again.

I'd like to take part but have not participated in any of the other races.

I-C-E-0-Z-Z-Y - PSN

What will be the name of the game?

Sorry for missing the last 2 GPs guys. I had planned on telling you but simply forgot lol.
I probably won't finish the rest of the season because with work and training, I just don't have the time.

I have the BJJ British Championships in September, so should really be focusing on that instead. I would still come in on Fridays, but i'm too damn competitive to settle for anything less than me doing my best =P lol.

Back