Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is actually the first tune I feel comfortable driving and improving my times without altering my driving style. Only small changes, but noticeable and certainly an improvement. The turn in, balance, and exit is all perfect during corners. Too often I've tried tunes that that are very popular yet I find myself having to rotate the wheel to almost full lock to get it to turn like how I want it (maybe these are tuned for controllers?). I also love the fact that power and weight is very close to stock as that's how I like to drive my cars.

Thanks for being the first to provide an opinion! At the same time you've proven the tune to have done exactly what it was meant to do, to be a "better stock model". Small changes can do a lot, not necessarily to the lap times - the difference between the posted suspension setup and full stock suspension is less than three seconds on GVS - but to the handling and feeling. And no, being popular doesn't make something good. Rap "music" is insanely popular but it doesn't make it good in my opinion. Many things are even considered to be cutting edge because there's a strong enough following for them despite the quality actually being pretty average.

You're keen to try out more, we're keen to make more, this sounds like a good start! 👍

Just popping my head in to say I'm looking forward to a certain arse-engined model's tune, the car is sitting in my garage all ready to go :D

The boys are back in town. I'm loving it and with new tunes just starting, maybe this time i will be able to give them all proper reviews; should have a couple up tomorrow.

Just tried the FC tune on a mildly tuned FD Type R Premium. Was on a sub 8 minute lap around the 'Ring when I goofed and clipped the grass coming out of the last corner before the long straight and spun out. :D Honestly it handles great. Might need a couple very small tweaks, but it works for me. :)

Just popping my head in to say I'm looking forward to a certain arse-engined model's tune, the car is sitting in my garage all ready to go :D

Well, if you say pretty please ( and review either one of the tunes we've released this far ), I might give in and PM you the setup. It is not finished, but monstrous it is, and will require a LOT of attention and care while driving.

RJ, attention will be earned by a hard work as usual. we're still gathering speed into our flywheels and spooling our turbos. Once they're running at desired RPM, you'd better watch out.. :mischievous:

R1600Turbo As I said, it is rather mild tune so it's bound to work in most cases. And I don't think that you classify as a newbie, so the setup might be bit too mild for you. :lol:

Just tried your R32 tune, and I enjoyed it alot. i was very impressed by the car, and especially with the way it took high relatively high speed corners (for example cape ring's spiral and sweeping right hander), I'm pretty amazed an AWD 1500kg car can have that sort of grip, especially with no aero modifications.

I'll definitely by driving this car again, thanks alot!

Just tried your R32 tune, and I enjoyed it alot. i was very impressed by the car, and especially with the way it took high relatively high speed corners (for example cape ring's spiral and sweeping right hander), I'm pretty amazed an AWD 1500kg car can have that sort of grip, especially with no aero modifications.

I'll definitely by driving this car again, thanks alot!

You are talking right words. I had a blast in the level 18 Japanese Championship. The car obeyed my commands very neatly. Very balanced machine.
A litte review coming in the near future..

R1600Turbo As I said, it is rather mild tune so it's bound to work in most cases. And I don't think that you classify as a newbie, so the setup might be bit too mild for you. :lol:

It was a tad bumpy, but that might have been from the extra weight of the car. I'll drive it some more later today and get back to you.

I'm new here but I saw your tunings on GT4 and I was mindblown.

Good thing you're on GT5 as well!

I do have an advice, what about adding total car cost (car purchase cost + parts cost) that would help.

Keep up the good work.

I'm new here but I saw your tunings on GT4 and I was mindblown.

Good thing you're on GT5 as well!

I do have an advice, what about adding total car cost (car purchase cost + parts cost) that would help.

Keep up the good work.

I guess that can be done. I'll talk about it with Greycap.

No curb hopping here. :) The Nurb isn't exactly smooth.

it is smooth compared to the backstraight of Le Sarthe..

Depends on your speed of travel really. Just giving you compliments on your tune man, no need do draw it out. ;)

PF
I haven't spoken to Mafs in a while but he's got the game and will be working on it. However, I get the impression that he's a bit of a perfectionist and might spend a few more weeks to get a good stable before opening.

I've got the good stable, I'm just being a perfectionist at the moment and deciding whether to leave some little foibles in some of the cars to give them their own unique "factory" character, one of them being 13 seconds quicker around the Uindibare compared to reconditioned stock (ie. rebuilt engine, chassis and oil change). Plus, there's a couple of cars I'm saving for to be the Piece-De-Resistance of the GME launch (damn things cost too much!! :lol: ) so I'm not coming out until I have another million or so in the bank to get them all bought up and tuned out.

I've also got some rice burner tunes (basic things, like intake/exhaust/ECU only) that I did for the GT Rally Beginner & Intermediate that didn't really need the full tune that we normally give them...it was easy enough to beat those stages with the basic engine mods alone. I dunno which way to go with those cars, whether to turn them into all out animals with suspension tuning or just leave them as they are. All of it rides on just having the money to do the tunes but nonetheless, I'll be coming out with a bang soon enough. :cool:

Woo, MFT are back. Any ideas for something that can win the Classic Car race series, in the Expert series? I have the Countach, and the Buick Special, I can't get either to win though.

Good to see you guys around. 👍

Aaaaaaand that was quick. There are several tunes floating around specifically for the ZR-1 RM and at least one for the Z06 RM, the latter I'm told works rather well on the ZR-1 as well.

I've searched like crazy for a Z06 tune and have not found it yet. Any direction on finding the thread? Thanks.

MFT Nissan Skyline GT-R V-SpecII Nür '94​

Power is not everything as we can see when we look at those two first MFT tunes. I think we all could think twice before we throw the biggest "turbonatorsandeverythings" under the bonnets of our beloved steel cows. Could something else be done to the car instead of adding gigantic power ups? Anyway, I throw few impressions to you from my adventures with the first Skyline GT-R from MFT.

The test session started at one of my favourite circuits under strict surveillance of the famous Japanese Macaque ;) (No, not mr. Gan San :scared: ). I improved the stock one's lap time a good six seconds. Pleased, very much indeed, I was.
As mr. Greycap mentioned already, the vehicle still has most of it's old character left. The old safe understeer still exists if you slam the gas down too early with aggressive steering input but it is avoidable quite easily with a determined weigth transfering in the front by only releasing the gas pedal pressure. This basic technique will guide you through majority of the corners.

Confidence especially in high speed cornering has grown to a whole new level with this car. The car won't bite you if you like to be more brave and pitiless with letting off the gas pedal but finesse in deceleration will lead you into those moments.

Apply brakes only in straight line with "light touch" when you approach corner. Late panic braking in high speed corners will surely eat your front rubbers and off the line (or worse, off track) you go. Remember, the car still weighs 1500 kilograms.

Briefly, the logic in driving this car is very clear so I would recommend it to newcomers or everybody who wants to challenge himself/ herself in relaxed high speed moments.

With the GT-R I participated in Japanese Championship. I never pushed it to the limit in first lap but nevertheless the opponents were no match to the car so my testing started always in second lap. Here, I highlight few fantastic cornering moments of each track of the event:

Tsukuba Circuit (10 laps):
- the corners before and after the big Dunlop tyre, "Dip your right rear tyre in grass and prepare to confront Gan San!"
- the last corner

Fuji F (5 laps):
- first corner
- the slow section starting from Dunlop until main straight, "Oh my! Tell me about gripping!"

Grand Valley Speedway (5 laps):
- the section between first and second hairpin, "There is no tomorrow!"

Autodromo Nazionale Monza (5 laps):
- Variante Ascari, "Let's talk about bliss!"

Suzuka Circuit (5 laps)
- at the first corner the rear tires won't let you down, ever
- the whole track! It just feels too safe to reach the limit. "Go closer! Reach it! Go for 2:17!"

Performance +++
Handling ++++
Appearance ++++
Receptive ++++

Overall 15/20

Thank you MFT!

finbaek

Last edited:
Oh yes, that's most definitely what I call a review. Big thanks for writing it!

And it seems the conclusion is the very same one as in the previous review - the car still feels like a stock vehicle but is improved on every front. Fortunately that's exactly what I was trying to do, extract the true potential of the chassis without transforming it into something else than a road going R32.

Safety is something that probably can't be entirely removed from the R32, at least not without some extreme tricks, but I'm not sure if it's a bad thing. Naturally it would be nce to get it to turn a bit better but now it's highly predictable and that's a bonus for a car that is made to be run near its limits for extended periods of time. At the end of the day ten average laps isn't nearly as bad as nine blindingly fast laps and one spectacular crash...

We might just have to resurrect one previously used pair name in a few days. Stay tuned.

Today, two new cars will emerge from the fog of the history. While turning itself isn't their forte, turn of speed definitely is.

Hello there,

Let me start off by saying one simple thing. Wow. The FC tune you provided simply blew my mind. I have never had so much fun and satisfaction actually trying hard to race in an FR car (most of my FR cars are tuned for drifting, whether or not I like it). I have always had immense oversteering issues with FR cars no matter how hard I tried to tune them, following tuning guides and such. I truly thank you for such an astonishing tune, you have my utmost respect and I look forward to trying more of your future tunes.

On a side note, I have added a sports muffler just to boost the HP up a tiny bit to meet the general standards of my friends. I was worried at first that the power increase may completely change the handling but was pleasantly surprised that it still worked just as well. I chose this over stage 2 engine upgrade as this was reversible if I did end up finding it negative. I dare not touch any turbochargers though, as i'm most positive through previous experience that the turbo lag would most definitely mess up the handling and do not have any plans to do so anytime soon.

Finally, I do have a few questions in regards to other upgrades in which hopefully you might be able to help with:

1) Is adding a Chassis Reinforcement a good idea? I always seem to add it thinking that it would always be more beneficial than not.

2) Would adding stage 2 and 3 weight reduction also be a bad idea? Again, my consensus was always the lighter the better, please do let me know if that is incorrect.

3) Would switching to the fully customizable transmission seriously affect me in the corners? I understand that I would be going from 5 to 6 gears and would have to adjust.

4) As I do enjoy drifting frequently, and that you mentioned the tune would drift decently (which it does), do you have any suggestions for changes to make the car more focused on drifting for when I do decide to drift around?

Sorry for the wall of text and questions. Once again, great job and keep the awesome tunes coming!

Hello there,

Let me start off by saying one simple thing. Wow. The FC tune you provided simply blew my mind. I have never had so much fun and satisfaction actually trying hard to race in an FR car (most of my FR cars are tuned for drifting, whether or not I like it). I have always had immense oversteering issues with FR cars no matter how hard I tried to tune them, following tuning guides and such. I truly thank you for such an astonishing tune, you have my utmost respect and I look forward to trying more of your future tunes.

On a side note, I have added a sports muffler just to boost the HP up a tiny bit to meet the general standards of my friends. I was worried at first that the power increase may completely change the handling but was pleasantly surprised that it still worked just as well. I chose this over stage 2 engine upgrade as this was reversible if I did end up finding it negative. I dare not touch any turbochargers though, as i'm most positive through previous experience that the turbo lag would most definitely mess up the handling and do not have any plans to do so anytime soon.

Hey there, and thank you for testing the FC! Good to hear that you enjoyed of the stability it offers. The car was originally tuned for, believe or not, low level B-spec drivers who could spin even a stock-ish Miata/MX-5.. :irked: This way I could keep them on the track and in the lead without making them panic about having more than under 200bhp under their right foot. Also, the powerlevel, color and overall stock looks are meant to honor certain fictitious anime character who has been nicknamed "White Comet of Akagi". I'm sure that this rings a bell.

And as you noticed, my settings aren't easily upset from small power bumps.

Finally, I do have a few questions in regards to other upgrades in which hopefully you might be able to help with:

1) Is adding a Chassis Reinforcement a good idea? I always seem to add it thinking that it would always be more beneficial than not.

2) Would adding stage 2 and 3 weight reduction also be a bad idea? Again, my consensus was always the lighter the better, please do let me know if that is incorrect.

3) Would switching to the fully customizable transmission seriously affect me in the corners? I understand that I would be going from 5 to 6 gears and would have to adjust.

4) As I do enjoy drifting frequently, and that you mentioned the tune would drift decently (which it does), do you have any suggestions for changes to make the car more focused on drifting for when I do decide to drift around?

Sorry for the wall of text and questions. Once again, great job and keep the awesome tunes coming!

1.) Some cars need it in order to tame down unwanted characteristics such as snap-oversteer and overall twitchyness when weight shifts around. In general it stiffens the car making it slightly more resistant to sudden direction changes, which in other hand makes suspension tuning a lot more accurate and fine-tuning needing business. You'd better try the car first, tweak it a lot, and then, if it doesn't seem to work, buy the chassis stiffening.

2.) Lighter is always faster, but as with the Chassis stiffening, it might require dialing in the suspension to match the new loads front and back.

3.) No, it really doesn't worsen your situation.. If you just can stand the constant whine of straight cut gears.

4.) I'd have to take a look at that. As a first measure to improve the drifting abilities of this particular car, I would go for lower class tires, that usually does the trick.

Thanks for the review, feel free to PM me your request about custom tune and I'll see what I can do.

Dodge Challenger Hemi T-A #18 '70

665+ bhp, 90+ kgfm, 1260 kg
Painted in Bright Red from Dodge

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Rays Volk Racing RE30, finished in Black Mica from Toyota
Racing Modification
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

Overall price approximately 325.000 Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 20 / 50

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.609
2nd: 1.670
3rd: 1.174
4th: 0.875
5th: 0.691
Final Gear: 3.540

Top speed: 320 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 35
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 9.0
Dampers (Extension): 6 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.10

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

In a way this is what I've wanted for years, a Chrysler Corporation E-body with a Hemi engine in it. The Cuda in GT4 was severely hampered by its engine characteristics and I was pretty much jumping around the room with glee when I realized the Challenger has a 426. But...

Well, it didn't quite live up to the expectations. The engine is finally what it should have been for the last five years but the rest of the car doesn't quite live up to the expectations being probably better modelled as a muscle car than the Cuda ever was and those creatures were never made for going around corners quickly. Having said that, I tried my best. With a full racing part catalogue thrown in it still understeers on corner entry, oversteers on exit and feels a barge all round - but still manages fairly reasonable lap times. It takes some very careful driving to give full performance and certainly isn't a car for a novice but it gives the feeling of an overpowered old school RWD very well.

Disclaimer: I have a feeling this setup isn't done with yet but it's released as-is as of now.

EDIT 191210 - Setup revision v1.0 carried out.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 #83'69

565 bhp, 76 kgfm, 1085 kg
Painted in Hugger Orange from Chevrolet

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, original RM wheels
Racing Modification
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Racing Hard Tyres

Cost: Approx. ~370 000Cr.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 20 / 50

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.869
2nd: 1.816
3rd: 1.268
4th: 0.940
5th: 0.739
Final Gear: 3.890

Top speed: 340 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 25
Braking Sensitivity: 25

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -15 / 15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.5 / 8.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 5
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.40 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 0 / 0

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 0

Yup, She's back and faster than ever. She's lighter than before, has more power and new skirts and spoilers to keep her glued on the road. Despite of all these impressive improvements and good looks, you have to remember that she's a true oldschool ponycar, hence, she might not be as nimble as her modern counterparts. You also need to remember, that if you treat her like a lady, she will always get you up to pole position.

P.S. She's a screamer. ;)

Last edited:
Alright! I don't need any corners anymore. Just that "orange thingy" and horizon will be enough for me. :P
Good work guys!

You're welcome. Have fun with it, and don't forget to share the experience. 💡

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back