Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great information, thanks once again! Good to know that my skill level stands at around a B-spec Bob...:guilty:

Do you have any plans to do some FF tunes in the near future? I have an EK 97' RM at the moment which I originally thought was tuned pretty well until I tried your FC. It seems to require much earlier braking than your FC and is really unforgiving when braking during the turn (trails into a straight line, unlike the FC). I'm not sure if those are just general traits of an FF car as a friend has told me or if you would be able to tune up something more fun. Any advice would be appreciated!

Hey there, and thank you for testing the FC! Good to hear that you enjoyed of the stability it offers. The car was originally tuned for, believe or not, low level B-spec drivers who could spin even a stock-ish Miata/MX-5.. :irked: This way I could keep them on the track and in the lead without making them panic about having more than under 200bhp under their right foot. Also, the powerlevel, color and overall stock looks are meant to honor certain fictitious anime character who has been nicknamed "White Comet of Akagi". I'm sure that this rings a bell.

And as you noticed, my settings aren't easily upset from small power bumps.

1.) Some cars need it in order to tame down unwanted characteristics such as snap-oversteer and overall twitchyness when weight shifts around. In general it stiffens the car making it slightly more resistant to sudden direction changes, which in other hand makes suspension tuning a lot more accurate and fine-tuning needing business. You'd better try the car first, tweak it a lot, and then, if it doesn't seem to work, buy the chassis stiffening.

2.) Lighter is always faster, but as with the Chassis stiffening, it might require dialing in the suspension to match the new loads front and back.

3.) No, it really doesn't worsen your situation.. If you just can stand the constant whine of straight cut gears.

4.) I'd have to take a look at that. As a first measure to improve the drifting abilities of this particular car, I would go for lower class tires, that usually does the trick.

Thanks for the review, feel free to PM me your request about custom tune and I'll see what I can do.

we need some rally car tuneings on this forum thread specific for it i cant find any rally car tuneings in forums for gt 5

Brakes are too low for me

On which one? Remember, these are old cars with inefficient drum brakes..

Great information, thanks once again! Good to know that my skill level stands at around a B-spec Bob...:guilty:

Do you have any plans to do some FF tunes in the near future? I have an EK 97' RM at the moment which I originally thought was tuned pretty well until I tried your FC. It seems to require much earlier braking than your FC and is really unforgiving when braking during the turn (trails into a straight line, unlike the FC). I'm not sure if those are just general traits of an FF car as a friend has told me or if you would be able to tune up something more fun. Any advice would be appreciated!

I'll tinker around with one soon. PM me the specs of the car and I'll see what I can do to make it handle like a car instead of a Civic. ;) :lol:

nissan skyline isnt working for me when i go into tun of driving line i hit the wall when trying to steer into the turn is that understeer or oversteer it like wheels lock up i cant turn something wrong or i dont know how to drive.

testing on special nightclub track at night one with lot of turns

You're carrying too much speed into corners and brake too late. GT-R is a nose-heavy car, and AWD doesn't exactly help the matters. It needs a driving technique, so sadly I think I have to say that the problem is in your way of driving the car.

even when i brake the car hits the wall,I remeber in gt 3 being able to fly thru corner with light brake while decelerating and it kinda drifted with an skyline of course..
This is my driving style light braking thru turns corners, while car grips but slides thru it kinda like fishtailing but keeping speed.

Im assumeing this tune isnt for that,I wish there was tune for skyline that did this since it one my favorite cars of all time

even when i brake the car hits the wall,I remeber in gt 3 being able to fly thru corner with light brake while decelerating and it kinda drifted with an skyline of course..
This is my driving style light braking thru turns corners, while car grips but slides thru it kinda like fishtailing but keeping speed.

Im assumeing this tune isnt for that,I wish there was tune for skyline that did this since it one my favorite cars of all time

The bolded part is where the problem comes from. GT3 was a game with far too much oversteer in the physics - and it's ten years old. GT3 and Ridge Racer had more in common that GT5 and GT3 do. Cars were easily drifted on medium racing slicks without any serious loss of speed and that alone tells something about it. It can't be done in GT5, at least with AWD cars and it can't be done in real life either unless there are some really grippy tyres on the front axle. Sports softs aren't that for such a tank as the R32.

You're braking too late (this thing weigh a ton and a half, remember) and generally asking the tyres to do more than they can. The combination of a heavy AWD car that has a known tendency to be stable until the end of days and tyres that are still basically hopped up road tyres doesn't allow for throwing it around like a go-kart no matter how good the suspension tuning is. Laws of physics just disagree with you.

To put the performance of the GT-R more in perspective, I have a ~375 bhp FD RX-7 weighing 1168 kg and running on Sports Softs with the stock suspension. I raced it on GVS and was turning stable 2'02 laps with an occasional 2'01 in the mix. The 360 bhp 1500 kg R32 did 2'03 so the car can perform but it has to be driven correctly.

so even with all weight reductions i apply on the skyline it wont corner that good with 600hp oh well this sums up why cars dont drift like i want them to they changed the physics of the game which kinda stinks imho if i can find one car that got good tuneing to do what i want in this game ill be so happy.

going round turn or corner with car hanging out like it fishtailing realign back on straight without hardly letting off throttle.
thanx for info greycap maybe i can find car that will do what i loved to do in gt 3 if not oh well i did not like gt 4 at all i couldnt keep cars on road no matter what i did

GT-R is not a good drifter no matter what you do. It was built for traction in the first place and that's what it has plenty of. You'd have better luck with the FC I built if you're trying to drift. Power isn't necessarily needed for drifting, all you need is a good setup, proper tires for the sport and enough skill to do so.

Thank you for the R32 tune. It took me two or three laps to get a basic feeling how the car handle and adjust my driving with it. It's very nice and I'm looking forward to try your other tunes as well.

so even with all weight reductions i apply on the skyline it wont corner that good with 600hp oh well this sums up why cars dont drift like i want them to they changed the physics of the game which kinda stinks imho if i can find one car that got good tuneing to do what i want in this game ill be so happy.

going round turn or corner with car hanging out like it fishtailing realign back on straight without hardly letting off throttle.
They changed the physics, yes - to a far more realistic direction. GT3 was an arcade racer compared to GT5. Think of it, when was the last time you saw people barely braking into corners in real life and still making it onto the next straight with the car well sideways? It simply doesn't happen as such driving would lead into an immediate meeting with whatever is positioned on the outside of the corner.
thanx for info greycap maybe i can find car that will do what i loved to do in gt 3 if not oh well i did not like gt 4 at all i couldnt keep cars on road no matter what i did
GT4 was largely the same way as GT5 when it comes to the inertia of the car moving forward, that inertia wants to keep the car moving in a straight line despite you turning the wheel. And they both agree with real life in that area. You won't make a corner unless you a) slow down enough to give the tyres a chance of overcoming the inertia, b) have a crazily oversteering car or c) have insane grip in the front. Option a) can (and should) be done, option b) may be possible with a slowish car and option c) is pretty much impossible because the inertia is pretty damn strong and you won't overcome it with any tyres - unless the car is slow and by that time it becomes option b).

By the way, one thing is for certain. The more power you pour into it and the more weight you take away, the worse impressions it gives. I can promise you that the car feels much better with 360 bhp and 1500 kg than it does with 600 bp and 1245 kg.

Thank you for the R32 tune. It took me two or three laps to get a basic feeling how the car handle and adjust my driving with it. It's very nice and I'm looking forward to try your other tunes as well.
You're welcome! It's not the most thorough overhauling out there but I didn't feel like trying to fix anything that wasn't broken.

Last edited:
whats the fc car where can i find the tune i would so love tune for the tvr tuscan speedster 6 that joker could drift good in 3 and gt prolouge

Any chance of a 205 Turbo 16 tune?

Yes. I have one ready and it will be released once Greycap finds a pair. Or, alternatively you could do a good, proper review and ask it as a custom tune.

whats the fc car where can i find the tune i would so love tune for the tvr tuscan speedster 6 that joker could drift good in 3 and gt prolouge

The FC car. It actually says "FC" on the banner in the opening post. Every car we've made can be found there.

For the Tuscan Speed Six, absolutely no idea. We haven't tuned one for sure. One day we might.

And the last but most certainly not the least, use the capital letters, commas and full stops. We're Finnish for God's sake, English isn't our native language. Can you read Finnish with typing errors and no indication of where the sentence begins or stops? I don't think so, so why should we have to read English like that? Take this as friendly advice - I could have reported you for breaking the AUP instead of writing this - and apply a bit more effort before someone actually presses the red button.

How about learning to drive first before you start saying cars can't drift. 💡

All the cars can be really tail happy and wheelspin and do donuts and heli's and cyclones and drift like machines. I've got an 870hp Audi that I can drift even though it's a Top Speed SSR7 runner, hell it even won at Le Sarthe and I was sliding her sideways into corners with no worries. The physics in this game are at a level that hasn't really been reached in console play. You change gears back too quickly, you get compression lock-up's....you hit the brakes too hard, you'll lock up and go plowing into the wall, etc.

Actually, how about going online and telling the people in the many DRIFT rooms that cars don't drift and see their reactions. :lol:

Once again, that's because you didn't adjust your driving style from 3 to 4. That was the biggest change because they physics became realistic, instead of arcadey like in GT3. If you learnt to drive in GT4 (where once again, you could drift in that quite easily!), in GT5 it was a seamless transition for people like myself who didn't (or refused to) play GT5P. I can keep the foot flat all the way around the corner smoking them up but you have to have the entry speed right, not just go in at top speed. Maybe NFS is more your thing if you just want to go around corners at top speed completely sideways because that's unrealistic.

sorry my grammar sux,I never learned it properly..I can try to use commas periods,where I think they go from now on..I flunked english in school,but got straight a in every other subject except reading. Which was b's always got d- in english.
I'm natrually swedish born there,Moved to usa at age of 6.Still know some of my native language but not much!

Is that more readable,That the best I can do.I'm sorry but at least I try,Admitting I have english grammar problem.Please dont make fun of me,I feel so bad.It hardest language to learn to type,easy to speak lol....
My parents wasted so much money on tutors,I went from an low f low d-.To this day,I think i'll never grasp grammar aspect of this difficult language.

Is it cut it not my native tongue or native heritage?

Last edited:
Nice to see you guys alive and kicking. 👍 Good backup is always welcome when it comes to tuning.

Nice to see you guys alive and kicking. 👍 Good backup is always welcome when it comes to tuning.

Of course we're still alive. Someone has to show the kids how it is done. :D

It's fairly simple, really. You buy and tune one of the cars I've made (FC and Camaro only this far), try it out and write a review telling us how it felt, as in improvement over the stock, and what could use some refinement etc.

If you look at the banners on the first page, laptime has been mentioned there.

Hah, I just realised I did what you did on my NSX tune, put the car number in the title, oh well.:D

I'd actually be curious to hear what your Challenger does at GVS with Racing Mediums equipped, I had a low 1'49 in mine.

I have absolutely no idea how you've done a low 1'49 in that car, I couldn't get it below 1'51 no matter what as the understeer was absolutely murderous especially under braking. And I'm far from a bad driver even if I say so myself. Either the supercharger and the rigidity increase make a world of difference (I applied the setup to my NA version), it needs a very specific driving style I don't have, or there's something weird going on.

Anyway, my version with some (read: a lot of) improved ideas for the setup did a high 1'49 which with me driving both versions equals a second (and change) faster than yours. I recommend you to see for yourself. Then we'll at least know if you're two seconds faster than me or if it was the car and me not playing together.

One thing comes to mind though, people are reporting the "Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge" option to affect dry tarmac too. I had mine set to "Real" as has been the case with all the cars this far.

Last edited:
One thing comes to mind though, people are reporting the "Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge" option to affect dry tarmac too. I had mine set to "Real" as has been the case with all the cars this far.

I've been noticing this more and more. The physics online also feels a bit different to practice mode. For some reason I'm finding it hard to set the same times I do in practice mode when I'm online (by myself in own lobby, same track, conditions etc.).

It certainly makes comparing lap times difficult if even things that shouldn't have any effect skew results. I can understand online being different to Practice Mode though, the latter doesn't have fuel consumption or tyres wear but both are on in online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back