Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodge Challenger Hemi T-A #18 '70

665+ bhp, 90+ kgfm, 1260 kg
Painted in Bright Red from Dodge

Clickable for full size

EDIT 191210 - Setup revision v1.0 carried out.

Thanks, your setup helped me win the seasonal race, minus all the upgrades for hp obviously. Oh yeah DON'T change your oil if you buy this car for the seasonal race or else you'll pass the hp limit. I made that mistake when I bought the rx-7 and now I can't race it cause instead of 204hp I have 207hp thanks to an oil change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear, that's something I didn't imagine it being used to but if it works it works! 👍 However there's one thing I'd be very grafetul of if you could do.
If you want to quote the setup post, please keep it down to the essentials. Partly because quoting an entire post doesn't do too much good for the readability of the thread but mainly because the setup may be changed and we don't want people making a review based on the setup they found in the quote when browsing the thread as it may differ quite greatly from the improved version.
The Challenger was changed pretty drastically on December 19th and while I believe you used the new version it may be changed again and someone may find your post - and use the setup in it which is highly likely inferior to what reads in the actual setup post at the time. Any chances? :)

I have absolutely no idea how you've done a low 1'49 in that car, I couldn't get it below 1'51 no matter what as the understeer was absolutely murderous especially under braking. And I'm far from a bad driver even if I say so myself. Either the supercharger and the rigidity increase make a world of difference (I applied the setup to my NA version), it needs a very specific driving style I don't have, or there's something weird going on.

Anyway, my version with some (read: a lot of) improved ideas for the setup did a high 1'49 which with me driving both versions equals a second (and change) faster than yours. I recommend you to see for yourself. Then we'll at least know if you're two seconds faster than me or if it was the car and me not playing together.

One thing comes to mind though, people are reporting the "Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge" option to affect dry tarmac too. I had mine set to "Real" as has been the case with all the cars this far.

I'd have to buy another RM Challenger to test yours, and I too always use the "Real" setting for the off track setting. I tried rigidity increase on the RWD time trial at Rome in the Seasonal Events after a quite some time putting in a hot lap without it, so I was close to the limit, and it made barely any difference if any, I couldn't notice it improving speed, but the car may have been more controlled and predictable. You've got to remember, despite my sticky pedals I've had 3 years hardcore practice on GT5:Prologue. The other thing too is, I use the cement section at turns 7 and 8 in my own testing, a good spot for testing the car over a sudden bump, I don't know if you use that. It's not a time trial so it's not hurting anyone.

i need tune for this car Jaguar E-TYPE Coupe '61 tired smoke constantly even with light braking the thing handles like piece of crap with 383 hp i aint touched suspension i no clue what to make it handle better

I was using your challenger setup for the seasonal event race and won by 20 seconds :) AWESOME tune even with original power and weight!

progaor06 - It's a sports car from the sixties. My mountain bike probably has better suspension and grippier tyres. In other words, it won't be a cornering god no matter what you do to it... but while waiting for something better try this GT4 setup I made for it. I've found GT4 setups to work surprisingly well with small adjustments. Toe angles should be a tenth of the old values, -1 becomes -0.10 etc.

Frozen - The car is showing an interesting side of itself, that has to be said. And 20 seconds is a lot. And that's another GT4 setup adapted for GT5... perhaps GT4 physics modelling wasn't half as bad as we've thought? Very good to hear that the suspension works even with such differences, I must have done something right with it even though it definitely didn't feel like that at the time!

Been talking with Leo and I finally got around to checking the new place out. Very impressive guys. I expect to have the game (finally) tomorrow, so I'll be able to get back in the swing of things again.

BTW, remind me why you guys aren't automatically *stickied* by now.

We don't need to be stickied. Those who know us, will look for our place even without such methods. :sly:

Honda S2000 Spec A '06

350+ bhp, 300+ Nm, 1060 kg
Painted in New Indy Yellow Pearl from Honda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M, finished in original colour
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type B
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall price: In the vicinity of 226.000 Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.667
2nd: 2.531
3rd: 1.875
4th: 1.455
5th: 1.181
6th: 1.004
Final Gear: 4.100

Top speed: 270 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 50
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.0 / 4.0
Dampers (Extension): 2 / 7
Dampers (Compression): 5 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 3
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.10 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 4

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they say. And I like Amuse S2000s a lot but can't have them in full quality (S2000 GT1 is another story, I'll return to it some day) so why not try to imitate one. So the Spec A for Amuse was born.

Lightened to the bare bones and sporting a bodykit that would make many sports car manufacturers green with envy it looks the part. The image is further enforced by a rear wing that actually does more than just looks racy and dark coloured alloys that give it a more businesslike appearance, differentiating it from all those run of the mill S2000s out there. But the modifications certainly aren't limited to the exterior. The engine has gone through an extensive rebuild with blueprinted N1 spec parts all round and after some extra Northern magic the output is well above the "official" Honda N1 racer, the Spoon S2000. Something like a hundred horses above, to be exact. No turbocharging though... NA is the way to go with a sensibly powered S2000. Behind the engine is a straight cut racing gearbox (apologies for the whine but I prefer whine to flying parts of cracked gears) and the rear end houses a clutch pack differential to make the most of the rear wheel grip. Naturally the suspension is of fully adjustable type too and good to go as such if you're into time attack runs or short sprint races. For endurance races I recommend one more click of front stabilizer and 0.30 of rear toe to keep it better in check over the longer distances.

Last edited:
Mazda MX-5 ClubSport'07

352 bhp, 344 Nm, 931 kg
Painted in True Red from Mazda

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei RC-T4, finished in White
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Cost: Approx 217500Cr

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 10

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 45
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -5 / 5
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 6.0 / 6.0
Dampers (Extension): 4 / 2
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.40 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 0 / 3

Driving Options

It started off as lazy sketching on a notebook of a Mazda racing engineers. It kept going on, Ideas were played on and slowly, the car took its shape. But Mazda's engineers hadn't dealt with high strung turbo fours before, and they had issues to get the suspension dialed in. And this is where our team stepped in. After several days of tinkering and fine tuning, the car was ready for it's trial run at legendary 4 hours of Tsukuba endurance race, meant for these famous Mazda roadsters. And during those four hours, Mazda's engineers, as well as other racing teams, were stunned by the sheer dominance of the monster MX-5 that the Finns had dialed in. The tire wear was nominal, the performance brilliant and the drivers were loving the easy handling of the powerful car. This is the Mazda MX-5 ClubSport'07, and here are the keys. Have fun!

Last edited:
Hello, Nordic Tuning Gods!

I'm starting the transition from GT4 and curious about the ABS setting on your Camaro. It's the only car where you've used 0 (instead of 1). Is there something unique about this car that made you decide ABS wasn't necessary? Oh, I've just realised that the brakes are 0 / 0, perhaps you deliberately made the brakes suck so the Camaro was more realistic?

Hello, Nordic Tuning Gods!

I'm starting the transition from GT4 and curious about the ABS setting on your Camaro. It's the only car where you've used 0 (instead of 1). Is there something unique about this car that made you decide ABS wasn't necessary? Oh, I've just realised that the brakes are 0 / 0, perhaps you deliberately made the brakes suck so the Camaro was more realistic?

That was era of drumbrakes and electronics consisted of radio, AC and lights etc, no other gadgets like TCS or ABS were available back then. Besides, I've noticed that older cars can make do without ABS, and the ones that don't, require some adapting from the driver. It's always easier to learn things the hard way.. At least I like to think so! :D

Love the S2000 did a 7:47.335 really clean and controllable lap on the ring first time. That engine is so revable can't wait to see what you do with the Amuse xD

I'm sorry, but we're going to need more accurate feedback than that if you wish to have a tuning request for us.

Car Of Tomorrow '10

892 bhp, 773 Nm, 1565 kg

caroftomorrowfront_th.jpg
caroftomorrowrear_th.jpg

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Racing Soft Tyres

Overall cost: 36.250Cr to 536.250Cr depending on if the car is bought or won

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 50 / 60

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Top speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.100
2nd: 1.600
3rd: 1.250
4th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.300

Top speed: 380 km/h

Transmission - pre v1.06

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.502
2nd: 1.653
3rd: 1.215
4th: 0.948
Final Gear: 3.500

Top speed: 370 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 20

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 15 / 15
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.5 / 10.0
Dampers (Extension): 5 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.0
Toe Angle: 0.00 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 7

Driving Options

Some people think grinding is repetitive and boring. Some decide to challenge themselves while doing it. I'm in the later camp... when I found out that a Car Of Tomorrow a.k.a. modern NASCAR car can win the American Championship race at Indianapolis straight off the showroom floor I set my sights to making it better. Bit by bit, one change at a time the car went faster and faster around the legendary oval, the lap times dropping from around 46 seconds to around 45 seconds and then 44 seconds. Those who say oval driving is boring have the wrong mindset - there isn't time to be bored when trying to nail the perfect line through the corners in order to minimize speed loss.

This setup isn't meant for any specific NASCAR car, hence the name and the blacked out profiles, but for any "normal" example you can buy or win - no idea how it'll do on the Gamestop special versions. Probably just as well but nothing is promised. I've tested it on two Impalas, #14 and #24 and to my great surprise the suspension adjustment ranges differ between the two cars so values suitable for both were used. I also have the #99 Fusion that happily took the same setup and performed the exact same so I'm confident it works on any Impala and Fusion, the Camry hasn't been tried but I see no reasons why there would be problems with it. Power figures are for a fully broken in engine.

In good hands it does high 0'43,xxx laps on Indianapolis Motor Speedway - the fastest seen to date is 0'43,892 - and finishes the five lap race below 3'47. I don't recommend taking it to Daytona as speed is more important than handling there but it seems to like road courses too, I won the Nürburgring bonus race in #14 with it without too much sweating.

EDIT 240211 - Now also with fully customizable gear ratios. Old ratios retained for comparison.

Last edited:
Perfect timing on the release, I was starting to look for a way to make some extra cash on the side while having fun, and it looks like I just found a interesting way to do so :D

Expect a review sometime in the week, work decided to point the gun at me, but I'll withstand 👍

Kurei - Looking forward to seeing the results! You're certainly a man to make it perform.

Elstro - I don't know, it was Leonidae's car after all. But if he makes it I'll accompany it with a Sunset Orange Karmann Ghia...

flyingpigs - That was the point. ;)

I have a Jimmie Johnson NASCAR and it still wins the Indy race perfectly well in <4 mins (all I've done is put Racing Softs, maxed the downforce and turned off the aids). But the mileage on it is turning far too high for my liking.

So I went out and golded the Jeff Gordon NASCAR School (the Intermediate tests cost me a bit of my sanity :nervous:) and I now have a perfectly clean AJ Allmendinger NASCAR which I'll be using your setup on! (And most likely giving to one of my mates like I've done with all your other setups, apart from the new MX-5)

Also Camry's can't do the American Championship because as Toyota's they suffer from braking problems are Japanese and aren't eligible for the event. If I had gotten a Camry I probably would have lost a bit more of my sanity! (Also, what happened to the Chargers? Afraid I haven't been keeping up with NASCAR for that long :indiff: )

Disclaimer: DS3 user with following settings:
TC at 1, ABS at 2 and SRF ON.

Short of being able to name the 150(?) odd turns, I memorized the 'ring (no big thanks to the IA and S licenses in GT4) before trying the 6:40-6:45 lap times suggested by others here.

My #88 Impala was at 850hp having run it in well for almost 900km.
I could have sworn it had a mind of it's own and would just NOT turn, rather plough straight into whatever Armco was nearest to any turn. The speed was indeed there but it felt vague and disconnected at most times

After innumerable tries with various tunes, finally bit the MFT bait with the Car of Tomorrow setup. I'm hooked

A few observations:

&#8226; Car "feels" about 200kg light at the front end. No clue how this effect was achieved, many thanks for the magic woven here.
&#8226; Took 2 5-7 second spills near the sand box at around 55 seconds into a lap. Also failed to draft any AI on both back straight runs. Still managed 6:44 and 6:45 respectively. I never knew I was this good :).
&#8226; I felt that commiting to corners at higher than average speeds was easier than being a bit too cautious about the entry and exit speeds.*
&#8226; There still is that ever so slight wallowiness (<-- did not check if this is an actual word, just trying to describe how it feels) but amazingly, it almost turns on a dime now. Contradictory? Tell me about it..
&#8226; Even though individual gear modification is not possible at the moment, the car never felt too eager or too lazy. Just about spot on.

Please excuse any naivety you may sense in this post. It is after all, my 1st review.

Can't postpone the overdue visit to the McLaren dealer anymore. Thanks!

Last edited:
👍 Love your settings for the S2000, Camaro Z28 '69, and car for tomorrow (mod note: huh?). Try @ Rome, Indy, High Speed Ring, Madrid, Trial Mountain, Deep Forest. Every car can be driven smooth. Thanks guys, good tuning.

PS: Can you add more cars, please? (I've) Become (an} addict for your tuning. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did an experiment and decided to take your S2000 setup and used it for my 835kg, 253bhp AE86 Sprinter Trueno '83 - the car handles like an absolute dream (it's on racing softs, has improved rigidity and is sueprcharged) and I won the Japanese Cup at Fuji with it.

The only omission I made was the aero parts, but that was purely for cosmetics. Personally I felt it handled very well without them. In time I will do an S2000 but this setup is absolutely perfect for the AE86 too :)

I did save the replay if reviewing requires lap times, etc.

Ford GT LM Spec II
810 bhp, 1000 Nm, 1130 kg

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Supercharger
Racing Soft Tyres

You can win this car from A-spec Dream Car Championship.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 50 / 70

Transmission

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.719
2nd: 2.374
3rd: 1.679
4th: 1.250
5th: 0.980
6th: 0.808
Final Gear: 3.360

Top speed: 400 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 15

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -20 / -20
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 12.5 / 15.0
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 4 / 6
Camber Angle (-): 2.0 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.15 / -0.30

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 0 / 0

Driving Options
TCS: 1

While money making by grinding is dull and boring as is, why wouldn't you do it with style and grace of the Fords finest? The sleek lines of the Ford GT are real eye candy if boxy NASCARs aren't your thing, and this beast works best for the American Championship races. It's steady on the straights and planted in corners, and on INDY you really don't need to touch the brakes. Just keep it on sixth gear, cruise at 180mph+ and money is yours. With this Ford GT LM Spec II, you will always be First On Race Day. ;)

Ah Jeez, now I'm never going to get any sleep :scared:, lol

It may be longer for the NASCAR review, I'm really stretched for time, and I've already noticed I put way more effort into this than before (I'm literally typing a novel's-worth of thoughts). Trust me though, it's feedback you'll soon by thriving on :sly:

thanks boys!

before, my #14 NASCAR drove like a piece of ****, with both horrid corner-exit oversteer and understeer

now, however, i'll go as far as saying it drives like a dream! allowed me to complete the bonus race :)

cheers again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back