Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds every bit like you've bought a supercharger for yours and the power figures match it, could that perhaps be the reason? Careful examination of the parts list reveals that the car is meant to be normally aspirated. Not "all parts". ;)

thanks , I didn't notice the supercharger on lists part . 👍
maybe my guess was wrong when I read your review
Well, it didn't quite live up to the expectations. The engine is finally what it should have been for the last five years but the rest of the car doesn't quite live up to the expectations being probably better modelled as a muscle car than the Cuda ever was and those creatures were never made for going around corners quickly. Having said that, I tried my best. With a full racing part catalogue thrown in it still understeers on corner entry, oversteers on exit and feels a barge all round - but still manages fairly reasonable lap times. It takes some very careful driving to give full performance and certainly isn't a car for a novice but it gives the feeling of an overpowered old school RWD very well.

even with B-spec with lvl 20 he can't control it well .

I bought a premium one from dodge dealership
full name : CHALLENGER R/T '70 with 425 BHP
and bought all parts and it gave 700 BHP ,then I bought the Racing modification one

I think it's a good idea to do the Race Modification first, that way you aren't wasting Cr. on things that the RM adds to your car. It does specifically say that any parts you currently have on will be replaced when RM'ing the car.

I think it's a good idea to do the Race Modification first, that way you aren't wasting Cr. on things that the RM adds to your car. It does specifically say that any parts you currently have on will be replaced when RM'ing the car.

I agree , but challenger was one of my first choices , I think I bought it in lvl 5 or above don't remember . In that time I was upgrading my original one slowly cause I didn't have that much Cr.

I agree , but challenger was one of my first choices , I think I bought it in lvl 5 or above don't remember . In that time I was upgrading my original one slowly cause I didn't have that much Cr.

Mmm. I had the same problem with my 'Vette. I bought it for the sole purpose for a seasonal event, so I upgraded it a bit, and when I was done I decided to do a few other races with it and upgraded it some more. Then I realized you could RM it. :ouch:

Too bad only a few cars can actually do it. But there should be some kinds of heads-up telling you that it can.

The challenger tunes was good . it starts with understeer and ends with oversteer maybe it's because of the stupid Aero designed and chassis . I used the supercharged and gain more 7 BHP . one of my favorites cars .

I'm still confused of the meaning
Understeer ( not steering enough and going outside the corner )
Oversteer ( steering a lot and going inside the corner )
is that true ?

Last edited:
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR GT '08

1000+ bhp, 1145+ Nm, 1257 kg, PP 661
Painted in Viper Black from Dodge

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: a lot less than a stock Murcielago

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.994
2nd: 1.962
3rd: 1.475
4th: 1.200
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.810
Final Gear: 3.310

Max speed: 410 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 10 / 10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 7.5 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 8 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 3 / 5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 5
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: -0.20 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

As it stands, the Viper ACR is one of the first cars out of the US to really put a wrench in the works for supercar manufacturers around the world. With me being the resident Mopar guy of MFT I decided to see how much better it can be made and the results surprised even me.

The heart of a Viper is of course its ridiculously large V10 with enough displacement to humble delivery trucks. While far from a wheezy powerplant even as stock it went through a complete overhaul and received some help in breathing in the form of a blower so large that I probably don't want to know where it was found. Anyway, the result is a nice round figure of a thousand horses and torque to match. Should move quickly enough. Trying to deliver all that grunt is a straight cut racing gearbox salvaged from a GT class racer, as well as a differential from the same source. The suspension received fully adjustable parts and was set up as a cross between street drivability and track handling. When it came to the tyre choice there was a noticable need for something better than what it had originally and it's now running on borderline illegal street slicks but hey, better get wheeled to the police station than to the hospital!

Last edited:
Ford GT-SHO'06

~868 bhp, ~1000 Nm, 1203 kg, PP 660
Painted in Speed Yellow Racing Stripes from Ford

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS LM
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: A lot, fo SHO.

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 40

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.257
2nd: 2.079
3rd: 1.499
4th: 1.173
5th: 0.964
6th: 0.821
Final Gear: 3.360

Max speed: 460 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30
Acceleration Sensitivity: 40
Braking Sensitivity: 10

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -10 / -10
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 10.0 / 11.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 10
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 5 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.20 / -0.40

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 4 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Before the automotive depression hit, Ford was toying around with an idea of a swansong version of their current supercar, the Ford GT. Adding yet another legendary badge to already epic GT, Ford planned to create a monster called GT-SHO, and this time round SHO would truly stand for Super High Output. One concept car was built and tested thoroughly. It looked a lot like a standard GT, but little canards in the front and big GT-style wing in the back gave it away. Developing approximately 870bhp and over 1000Nm of torque, this monster had to be treated with respect. Unlike the standard Ford GT, which is quite mellow, this one will bite when prodded.

Last edited:
It's a good review, and I believe that while you changed the setup, it was after you had driven the actual tune. I might go back to this and couple other ones as they're our early tunes, where we didn't have the full picture of how GT5's physics engine works. Now I know that with stiffer, more aggressive setup the car probably could do better than what it did. Yes, the brakes are soft too, as I prefer to brake in straight like and then deal with the corner by shifting weight with throttle which is something Greycap just can't fathom. This kind of driving style works for me, and I'm usually within couple seconds of Greycap's times when driving the same car. I think I shall take a 5-lap sprint at the Tsukuba myself and see if I can replicate these issues you fount.. on sports softs, naturally. Best Motoring etc never accepts cars with full blown racing tyres. ;)

So, go ahead and PM me your request.

While battling my PS3s reluctance to go online yesterday, I squeezed in some time trying out your Yo VTEC '98 Integra DC2. The slight difference was that I took mine in a 1999 flavour, as I have not come across a '98 yet, however it seemed to be spot on in terms of weight, power, etc. so I guess my comments still count tangentially (it was also a different colour, and using a DS3 and AT quite possibly did not make me go faster) ;)

As usually, I started out on GVS, in the lvl 18 Japanese Championship. In short, the car is simply too fast for a fair competition, yet trying out previous entries in this P/W category I felt it would be a bit too slow to take on the Super Amuses in the lvl 15 Tuner Challenge, at least not in a way that amusement would be mine.

The acceleration is certainly good and feels a bit more lively than in the C30 and ST220 (with your tunes), although it could just as well have to do with the Integra being a slightly less stable and more flighty machine overall, giving the impression of extra oomph, without it being backed up by numbers (will get to that in a moment).

As with all your cars, the Integra remains very stable under braking, be it from high or low speeds (in corners just as well). If you are still on the brakes, while yanking the steering wheel all the way to turn in, it will continue plowing on but releasing the brakes usually suffices to return to the desired line.

In common with other light cars, kerbs can upset it on occassion and have the car skip sideways, if driven over at speed. Luckily, it takes the kerbs in the 'swiming pool section' at the start of the second sector of the lap with aplomb, so this has little overall impact on the lap time.

The only corner that presented me with some difficulty throughout was the last one. That is, there seems to be a hint of high speed understeer, which is difficult to correct, once it occurs - lifting or taping the brakes does nothing, nor does flooring it further (assuming you have that option still available). As long as you enter the corner at exactly the right speed, the car is fine, alternatively, you can unsettle the back by driving over the outside kerbs on corner entry, allowing you to take the last corner in a slight drift. Not saying it is not manageable, just that I found it hard nailing it time after time.

There is a bit of power understeer, when applying full throttle out of corners but again it seems more mobile than the Ford / Volvo pair and you can get the rear to step out on occassion, when it is helpful. I managed a better time with the Honda as well - a best of 2.04.1xx, which is over a second faster (if I recall correctly) than my times with the other pair.

Did two more tracks after this, Fuji and Suzuka. Fuji is not a track I find extremely comfortable just yet, and I have no idea how my times compare. I found the car a bit of a handful in the third sector, more to do with my overeagerness in terms of speed than the car, I suppose ;) In spite of this, winning proved very easy.

Suzuka is a track, where the car works well even in my hands :) As long as you do not overdo it with corner entry speeds in the first sector, you can simply drive away from the opposition. Dunlop needs a bit of care, as the car understeers a bit when full throttle is applied and this needs to be corrected more or less before corner entry, if you want to carry good speed through, and as with all FF cars, the second Degner allows a turn in only after the braking has been finished. The surprise was that the car understeered enough in 200R to require a slight lift - something one can counteract once you know about it but costing some time, if you have other cars around you (and cannot take any line you like).

Overall still one of the most fun turbocharged FF cars I have driven, and fairly fast. And take Greycap's comment, about the suspension having rough edges due to this being a development mule with a pinch of salt - it seems to have more polish than most FF cars (and certainly much more than stock). 👍

Last edited:
Mazda MX-5 ClubSport'07

Today's review is brought to you by the letter S.

A note upfront: I did not use the exact Miata specified in this thread. I knew being an MFT car it would be Satisfactory, so I wanted to try it out on something different, see if it works across the board on MX-5s. So I grabbed myself an older model (I cant tell you exactly which out of the hundred it is, but I've raced it against Leo, so he's seen it).

The first thing that struck me was how Smooth this car was to drive. Through corners it held its line without a fuss. I tried to be gentler than my normal Clarkson-inspired antics. The car behaved itself and would glide around Tsukuba, easily granting me a victory at the 4 hour Roadster race.

Now, if you push it too far it will still remain Smooth. It will Smoothly run off the track and park you up a tree. There is no sudden jerky-ness or donuts to be had, just a Smooth, understeery ride to your doom.

One thing that surprised me is how Stable this car is. Whether at top speed going down the main straight, or hard braking into the first corner, I never felt that the car was getting away from me. Unlike many cars when you are going at max speed, you don't have to grasp the wheel in a death-grip to keep it on the straight and narrow. I understand that you aren't really going that fast, but still. My point stands.

Another Sweet bullet-point for this car is that when loaned to Bob and the gang, They managed to do their own 4 hour Roadster enduro with only one pit-stop. One. And that came around the 2:15 mark. And honestly he had enough fuel left for maybe another 10-15 mins. Simply phenomenal.

Simplicity is another of this car's strong suits. It's a MX-5: you know what you're getting here. I don't consider this a fancy car by any means, and it doesn't need to be. As long as it sticks with the winning formula of "fast, lightweight, fun convertible" it has a place in my garage any day.

Satisfactory, Smooth, Stable, Sweet, Simple.. All these things add up to one Sensational machine.

It's a good review, and I believe that while you changed the setup, it was after you had driven the actual tune. I might go back to this and couple other ones as they're our early tunes, where we didn't have the full picture of how GT5's physics engine works. Now I know that with stiffer, more aggressive setup the car probably could do better than what it did. Yes, the brakes are soft too, as I prefer to brake in straight like and then deal with the corner by shifting weight with throttle which is something Greycap just can't fathom. This kind of driving style works for me, and I'm usually within couple seconds of Greycap's times when driving the same car. I think I shall take a 5-lap sprint at the Tsukuba myself and see if I can replicate these issues you fount.. on sports softs, naturally. Best Motoring etc never accepts cars with full blown racing tyres. ;)

So, go ahead and PM me your request.

Sounds like you drive like Jensen Button, my style is more Lewis Hamilton... ;)

Whenever I see someone's tuned a car with softer brake settings, I simply assume they're the sort who prefer to brake in a straight line, so that bit was totally understandable. I'd be interested to hear feedback from your own test results, and I'll do updates on my thread as I try out new things with the MX-5.

Sounds like you drive like Jensen Button, my style is more Lewis Hamilton... ;)

Whenever I see someone's tuned a car with softer brake settings, I simply assume they're the sort who prefer to brake in a straight line, so that bit was totally understandable. I'd be interested to hear feedback from your own test results, and I'll do updates on my thread as I try out new things with the MX-5.

Well, I was able to clock in steady 59.xxx second laps on S3's. I don't know what kind of controller you use, but our setups are made with G25/G27, and drivers with DS3 have had problems with them.

Well, I was able to clock in steady 59.xxx second laps on S3's. I don't know what kind of controller you use, but our setups are made with G25/G27, and drivers with DS3 have had problems with them.

I use the DS3, and plan on getting the wheel soon. I'm an unusual case, though, as I can use the DS3 and perform very nearly as well as people who use the G25/G27/Driving Force GT. The proof of this lies in my GT Academy times, which were all set with a DS3.

I'll be sure to come back to this tune and do an update once I get my wheel...

I used your Peugeot 205 tune last night and I've got to say, its quite possibly the best tune I've got off GT Planet.

I used it online and as there was a BHP limit of 355, I had to use the Mid Range Turbo instead, although it only gave me 334BHP. Got a 1st & two 2nd's though, my best nights racing yet. I was able to get it to around 350BHP by leaving the High RPM Turbo on and taking all the other parts off that I could take off but this actually made it slower than the 334BHP car!

It is an absolute dream to drive and was easily as quick as everything I was up against despite giving away 20BHP (apart the IROC Concept that someone brought, despite being told concepts weren't allowed!! That thing was a lot quicker) It was a tiny, tiny bit slower on the straights but through the corners it was unbelievably quick. Just as an example, someone brought along a Camaro IROC and at Trial Mountain Reverse, was the fastest by quite a margin in the free run. The best I could do in the first sector was to be 0.3 seconds slower, by the second sector though (three corners and one straight), I was 1.4 seconds quicker, a gain of 1.1 seconds in one sector!!! I held the same gap through the third sector but kept losing it all in the final sector. I just couldn't go quick enough on the less twisty sections but in the middle 2 sections it was incredible.

The IROC just had that litte bit too much and won 2 races and the only reason I got my win was because he put someone into the wall and very sportingly gave the postion up, unfortunately though, as I was close to him, I also gained a postion from it!

I'm not a good driver at all and I'm constantly pushing too hard into corners and spinning it, every time I race online I end up spinning my car 2 or 3 times a night, I didn't spin the 205 once though, is it even possible to spin it?! I cannot believe how good it is in the corners, you can just hammer it into the bends, create loads of tyre smoke and it will still hold on and bring you out of the corner facing in the right direction.

Absolutely incredible car, thats the first time since I got GT5 that I've taken to the track and thoroughly enjoyed the car I've used. This is now my favourite car in the game!

Oh yes, it is possible to spin it. Good to hear that you had a good time with the little Pug. Feel free to PM me about your request for a tune.

No, no aero. It's on the verge of having too much rear end stability already - what it would really benefit from is front end downforce but as there's none to be had, making the rear end more planted would only increase understeer.

what kind of settings do you (finns) use on your g27 wheels...i own one but do not use it because i find the force feedback too strong when driving straight lines in race cars and the small dead zone in the middle annoying...any fixes or suggestions? i have it connected/mounted to a racing playseat but the game seems to offer no obvious abilities to change anything...

I have force feedback on full, the rest are off if I recall right.

I have a G25 with force feedback on 6, steering mode on Simulation (not that it should make any difference with the 900 degree wheels), power assist off. About the strength, I always drive with my left hand only as Leonidae can testify having seen it, and I'm as far from a muscle man as one can be...

Well, as it is my birthday, I'm sort of keeping a pause from customer work, but a base setup is done. It seems that Delta is just as stubborn deal as it was in GT4, meaning that there's not much one can do. I will try to improve it tomorrow, just to see if I manage to replace the understeery tendencies with neutrality on sports tires.. Unless you plan to drive it on racing softs which have enough grip to overcome the natural habits of the car.

Happy Birthday!! :D

Yeh I'll be using racing softs so hopefully that'll make it a tad easier for you!

Indeed it does. I dislike using racing tires because they easily hide a botched up suspension.

Happy birthday Leo, afterwards 👍 Hope you celebrated as it should be :)
Was having a few laps with your guys' 2 new US monsters and what should I say? I didn't expect the Viper to seem more handy for me than the GT. Though both of them are fast, somehow I found the Viper bit more appealing to my right foot.

But nevertheless, you being uncautious for a moment both of them look deep into your eyes and tell: "Silence, I kill you!"

1:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go

GavBlade
How's the Delta coming along? No rush for it, just wondering how you're doing with it.

Gav, would you be willing to share that Delta setup once Leo is done with it? I love my Deltas too, and have always been disappointed with how dead they feel in the GT series.

No, no aero. It's on the verge of having too much rear end stability already - what it would really benefit from is front end downforce but as there's none to be had, making the rear end more planted would only increase understeer.

Got it! BTW, any ideas for Tuning a Toyota Altezza Touring Car? I just got one, did an engine overhaul and slapped a stage 3 turbo and so far 400bhp. It's a really good lookin' car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back