RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

I'm going to release another example soon on the SP1 to prove it is effective.

I'm not really a tuner. I'm more of a tester and person who can make less powerful cars more powerful and have a better gearbox.

Linkueigman
This is a little thing to anyone who wants to have a car more powerful then a tune describes. This was tested on the F430 Stradista. When I try to get my cars ready for tuning, I notice that I sometimes overpower and make the car's tune worthless. Well, not anymore! I have used my math skills and I have found a way to make the transmission the same, or even more powerful.

Correct tune:
Transmission
Set Final 1, then Max Speed, then Final 2 + individual ratios.
1st:-- 4.139
2nd:-- 3.037
3rd:-- 2.367
4th:-- 1.931
5th:-- 1.603
6th:-- 1.390
Final: 4.300/2.500
Max Speed: 124 MPH
Top Speed overall: 222.

But, What I did was take the numbers down so I know how far off the gears were. I got these numbers.
1: 1.395
2: 0.844 - 0.002
3: 0.533 - 0.026
4: 0.350 - 0.046
5: 0.230 - 0.017
6: 0.362 - 0.212

In that, the first number is the difference off from top and bottom. The second number is how far away it is from the bottom. You will see what I mean after I put the fully powered one out.

Overpowered tune:
Transmission
1st:-- 4.253
2nd:-- 3.117
3rd:-- 2.426
4th:-- 1.976
5th:-- 1.641
6th:-- 1.422
Top Speed overall: 222.

How is this possible? I will explain that now!
The overpowered tune is alot more powerful and stronger then the RKM tune, but it still has the same Top Speed. It is simple of how to do this. 1st gear's area is 4.225-5.648. The original difference was 1.395. so 5.648-1.395 and you get 4.253, same as the over powered settings. Another is 6th gear. the distance is 1.202-1.572. In this, the equation goes like this; 1.572 - (0.362 - 0.212) = 1.422. These gears are the same place and structure as the original tune. Another step you can take with this is the more advanced tune, or the "RKM Overpowered." All you do is take how far off it is from the bottom and bring it out that far. Here is what I got from that.

RKM Overpowered:
Transmission
1st:-- 4.225
2nd:-- 3.100
3rd:-- 2.415
4th:-- 1.971
5th:-- 1.636
6th:-- 1.414
Top Speed overall: 224.

With the correct sight adjustment for the ratios and not the picture, it would look like this. All you do it take the equation from before like in gear 6 and it would look like this after swapping the top gear for the bottom of the gear; 1.202 - (0.362 - 0.212) = x+0.362. You will need algebra to solve this. All you do is subtract 0.362 from both sides. It will look like this.

1.202 - (0.362 - 0.212) = x+0.362
-0.362 -0.362

In the end, you get this;

1.202 - (-0.212) = X. With the 0.362 gone, it becomes this; 1.202 + 0.212 = X. With that, you can determine how many spaces you need to move. For this, you need to move 1.414, which is the same number as the 6th gear in the RKM Overpowered. With this, people won't need to fear if they overpower their cars for more power. So, lets go over it one more time to put it all together at the bottom to make it easier for people.

I hope this will help those who want to keep the same tune and not get frustrated over not wanting to have their car not have enough power.
This took me 4 hours to go over and I made sure all of my equation were correct. To everyone who this helps. Your Welcome. There is no need to thank me for anything since I normally was going to make this for myself.

That's very interesting, wish I was home to analyze results. If you can, try with my Sileighty Tune. I achieved what I believe are optimum gears. I'd like to see how your math applies to them and if there are any potential benefits that are not placebo.

That's very interesting, wish I was home to analyze results. If you can, try with my Sileighty Tune. I achieved what I believe are optimum gears. I'd like to see how your math applies to them and if there are any potential benefits that are not placebo.

That matters. Is it fully tuned or not fully tuned?

Interesting, but sounds a bit confusing. Will try that on my girl's 380RS once I have got everything in order.

A bit?! It's making my head hurt, still, if the gains are that I can get down the straights quicker, then I guess it's ok…

And If PSN is back for us by tomorrow, let's do the race then.

A bit?! It's making my head hurt, still, if the gains are that I can get down the straights quicker, then I guess it's ok…

And If PSN is back for us by tomorrow, let's do the race then.

I just don't understand what he means by the difference between the top gear ratio and the bottom gear ratio.

PSN is still down for us, unfortunately. Checked it via Steam.

I'll explain this. Lets say a gear has a difference being 1.138 to 1.397. the 1.138 is the bottom and 1.378 is the top. The difference between them will end up being the top minus the bottom.

A.K.A: 1.397 (top) - 1.179 (bottom) = 0.259 (difference).

No. It is alot harder then that. That is the difference in teh current ratio. after you tune it up, it will be bigger. I'll use the F430 here. For the original, you need to subtract teh difference, like 1st gear's difference is 1.395. Then you would take the difference from where the gear is for the original tune they said and have the bottom be subtracted from that. Since they are both 1.395, it is irrelevant.
Then, once it is "Overpowered", you move that many spaces down from to top to keep the same distance it would be with the subtraction of the difference between the bottom and original gear, but it is 0.000, making it unchangeable. For the "RKM Overpowered", you need to take the difference from the original gear to the bottom's difference and use it to place the gear. Since it is 0.000 since they were the same before, the placement of "RKM Overpowered" is the bottom ratio. Does that help you understand it? I know it is confusing at first but you will slowly get it.

Hmm…yes and no…but I guess it would help if my 13 year old brain would co-operate, shame is, at mid-night, it's quite hard…I'll give it a go tomorrow anyways, see if I can kill two birds with one stone, a review + testing a new gearbox…I hope I have enough money, especially after buying a passionate pink LFA and another 380RS.

Okay man. I am going to stop answering question for a bit about the gear box tuning because I need to finish another one. It is hard doing 100 things at once xD

Holy math batman! :lol: Even though I can't get my head round the maths, I can understand what you have done and how to do it. Definately a big help to everyone, so thanks a lot! :cheers: Now if you'll excuse me, I need to cool my brain down from reading all those numbers. :ill:

In other news, I will be releasing a couple of cars tonight. They're both Honda Civic's and they both started their lives in the race report section. ;)

Well, the tuning up is for people that tune a car to be weak to be better then before. An example is the F430 from RKM. It's engine is at stage 1, not stage 3.

Also, if anyone wants to send me the LFA GT as said by RKM, I would appreciate it since mine is already fully tuned. I will return in the day I get it after getting the information from the transmission since their version is untuned. I would greatly appreciate it.

Linkueigman
Well, the tuning up is for people that tune a car to be weak to be better then before. An example is the F430 from RKM. It's engine is at stage 1, not stage 3.

Gotcha so when they turn up the power they get the same spacing for the gears.

Correct, unless they want to keep the gearing the same with less power or do the retune with more power. Alot of RKM cars are like that.

Linkueigman
Correct, unless they want to keep the gearing the same with less power or do the retune with more power. Alot of RKM cars are like that.

Got yah. Quick question. Since the power is turned up is a new Top Speed calculated, or is this going to achieve the same TS on the Track maybe hit the limiter.?

Linkueigman
You have to recalculate the top speed since you have given it a higher difference between the ratios.

Cool. New power, same spacing, new TS.

Great way to turn up the heat. I see why it's inapplicable to fully tuned cars.

Has it been compared to stretching the TS to equal speed with the FD instead of the individual gears?

Yes. It has been used with the correct spacing from the longest stretch that was at before the overpowering, so it's gears are more stretched.

RKM Motorsport’s Yukamobile

Yukamobile.jpg

Yukamobile_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic Type R ‘08
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 320 BHP (@ 362.9 miles)
Torque:---- 28 kgfm
Weight:---- 1051 kg
PP:-------- 481

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RPF1 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero
Type A Extension Aero
Type A Wing

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rigidity Improvement
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/5

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.489
2nd:-- 1.739
3rd:-- 1.346
4th:-- 1.081
5th:-- 0.892
6th:-- 0.753
Final: 5.175
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 8/0
Accel:-- 45/0
Braking: 10/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 9.9/4.7
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 3/5
Camber:----- 2.4/2.0
Toe:-------- –0.15/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the Yukamobile. Driven by the main protagonist of Ready, Steady, Go!, a GT5 story by myself, VTiRoj. If you want a background on the car, read the story, but in short, our very own RKM cameos in the story to give this car a tune up of a lifetime.

Looking under the Hollywood looks, it is essentially a non-turbo version of our Civic Type R Turbo. So that means it’s part show, part go. It doesn’t have the straight-line punch of the Turbo, but around corners, the lower power gives the Yukamobile an advantage over the Turbo in road holding and tyre preservation.

So whilst it may be a re-release, the Yukamobile does provide an adjusted gearbox for those who want to run the Civic Type R Turbo without a turbocharger and a downforce setting for anyone who’d like a little more grip. Think of it like having options to choose from when buying a new car.

21st Aug 2011 - New LSD Accel settings.
5th Sep 2011 - New transmission settings.
30th Dec 2012 - Revised settings for 2.09.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s RKM Ricer

RKMRicer.jpg

RKMRicer_Big.jpg

Based on: Honda Civic Type R (EK) ‘97
Obtained: Brand new model at Honda or win the B-Spec FF Cup

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 271 BHP (@ 98.8 miles)
Torque:---- 23 kgfm
Weight:---- 1045 kg
PP:-------- 451

PARTS
GT Auto

Enkei RP05 Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type B Wing

Tuning Shop
Carbon Bonnet
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Semi-Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Comfort Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/5

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Transmission
Transmission

(Set Max Speed, then each individual ratio.)
1st:-- 2.671
2nd:-- 1.866
3rd:-- 1.394
4th:-- 1.092
5th:-- 0.897
6th:-- 0.776
Final: 4.850
Max Speed: 180 MPH

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 15/0
Accel:-- 35/0
Braking: 5/0

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-20
Spring Rate: 7.0/2.5
Extension:-- 5/3
Compression: 3/2
Anti-Roll:-- 1/2
Camber:----- 2.5/3.0
Toe:-------- –0.20/0.05

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
This is the RKM Ricer, built to star in driftking18594’s Hashiriya story as a member of the opposing team’s car of choice. Whilst its cameo was brief, we can delightfully tell you that the car isn’t just a load of Hollywood magic. It’s really a functional car.

With any car built for a character and not a racer, the tuning approach was different than normal. Instead of using the most efficient method of power, a huge laggy turbo was used. Instead of reducing weight to it’s minimum, it was only reduced by 5kg. Already you’re disgusted with this car, however, this RKM Ricer makes up for it’s ricey nature with a pleasant surprise. The handling. This is one ricer that you don’t want to get cocky against around a track.

Last edited:
Team Rice go. :D Sorry to steal your line. :boggled: Too bad my Golf is now back to its normal state and I don't have a spare Maziora Seyfert paint chip :(

Also the secret to Yuka's :tup:ness has been revealed. I'm trying it tomorrow.

I saw the RKM Ricer and I just put my hands on my head and cried. The overpowered form will be WAY overpowered! I'm gonna rage quit before I even try it.

Team Rice go. :D Sorry to steal your line. :boggled: Too bad my Golf is now back to its normal state and I don't have a spare Maziora Seyfert paint chip :(

Also the secret to Yuka's :tup:ness has been revealed. I'm trying it tomorrow.
Yay Team Rice! :D I cant believe our characters ended up dead the next chapter. :(

It was never a secret to begin with. All the pieces to the puzzle were scattered around this thread but no one found them all. :lol:
I saw the RKM Ricer and I just put my hands on my head and cried. The overpowered form will be WAY overpowered! I'm gonna rage quit before I even try it.
I expect many people will be crying into their hands after seeing it. :lol:

Back