Legend of the Streets: Initial D GT5 Touge | Initial D Recreation

• Thread starter TimberW
  • 5,624 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Archive Post:

PRE-SEASON FINAL WEEK!
1st July - 24th July 2011

The Pre-Season it's on it's final week and will end on 24th of July 2011.
The Pre-Season is to help iron out rules and instructions to facilitate a flexible and feasible challenge.​

RULES & REGULATIONS FOR PRE-SEASON/SEASON 1/TIME ATTACK

Rules here changes all the time but will only be finalized before Season 1.
Rules and Regulations won't change once season 1 starts.

Car Selection
One Player can only have one registered car per-season
The car's PP is fixed for the season
Selected car must be a road legal car
No RM / Race / Rally / Concept Cars
Listed Tuner Cars - See List of eligible tuner cars (WIP)

Tuning & Parts Restrictions
500PP MAX
Sports Hard Tyres Only
Ballast use - 5% of total car weight
Power Limiter use - 95% to 100% only
Fully Customizable Transmissions are not allowed
5-Speed/6-Speed Close Ratio Transmission are allowed

Race Settings
Track Settings
Tracks: Custom Maps Only​
Event Settings
Boost: No
Penalty: None
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Mechanical Damage: Heavy
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: On​
Regulation Settings
Performance Points: 500PP
Tyre Restrictions: Sports Hard
SRF = Off
Driving Line = Off
Active Steering = Off
TSC = Optional
ASM = Optional
ABS = Optional​

Battle Rules
  1. First, you must be registered as a Rival. Read the car selection and tuning restrictions above.
  2. Then you can register yourself by Becoming a Rival.
  3. Then, you'll have to open up the Rival List you want to challenge and add him/her on PSN.
  4. Tell the Rival that you're from LotS and ask the Rival nicely for a challenge.
  5. When you see your Rival online, you can send a challenge and compete, alternatively, you can arrange and schedule your battle on this thread.
  6. The course on where you would compete will be decided between you and your Rival.
  7. Choose from 4 types of battle style (See Post #3 under Battle Styles for detailed description).
    • Cat & Mouse - 3 Laps (CM3) [Video Tutorial]
    • Cat & Mouse - Sudden Death (CMSD)
    • Grip Gambler (GG)
    • Grip Gambler + Handicap (GGH)
  8. Once the challenge is complete, you can post the results on this thread. See Dark Red text below for Submission details.
  9. You can only race the same rival and enter the result of between you and your Rival once a week. So if you want a rematch, you'll have to wait a week.
  10. Only the rival who lost can ask for a rematch, and course choice and battle conditions will be decided by the rival who lost.

> BECOME A RIVAL <

> OPEN RIVAL LIST <

> OPEN LEADERBOARD <

> RESULTS SUBMISSION <
Post your results using the format below on this thread.

Date: 24/03/2002
Rival 1: Takumi_Fujiwara
(Your PSN ID)
Rival 2: Kai_Kogashiwa
(Opponent's PSN ID):
Course: Irohazaka
Batte Style: Grip Gambler
Winner: Takumi_Fujiwara
Battle Rating: 5 out of 5
Battle Rating describes your opponent's battle rating,
whether he is clean or dirty, polite or rude.
Basically a person who has a good attitude and respect towards other players.

The Results posted by the first Rival will be assumed to be correct.
So it's the Second Rival's job to make sure the results submitted are correct.

> AWARDS <

LEGEND OF THE STREETS
(Pre-Season)
TOSS.I.MONSTAR-1.jpg

MONSTAR-1

Last edited:
Date:24/7/2011
Rival 1: BADBOY
Rival 2: Fragolas79 (handicap)
Course: Badboys home track. Ebisu
Battle Style: Grip Gamble handicap
Winner: Badboy
Battle Rating:5 out of 5

Great track, great attitude from Badboy, clear winner. I started with a 3 sec handicap, but Badboy catched me halfway and did a clean pass, great driver!! Both didnt knew the course but badboy was a better driver, taking corners carefully and blasted on the way out of them. Thanks, Badboy!!

24/7/2011
Rival 1: GTP_TimberW
Rival 2: Fragolas79
Course: HorsefishPass
Battle Style: Cat&Mouse Suddent Death
Winner: Fragolas79
Rate: 5/5

This was a rematch from my loss 2 weeks ago in Timber´s home course. This was neutral course and I lead first round. MyS2000 465pp behaved good, because I was making a carefull aproach to corners,braking early. the 15pp gap helped too, I think. Timber, as you all know is a great attitude guy. Shame I am in the other side of planet, I would like to buy you a couple of beers :)

One note: I think the starting point of a race as to be clarifyed. I feel, in my battle with Timberw, I started a little sooner and that got me a 0,5 sec advantage or so. My idea is start side by side and the leader throttles 1st. The chaser can almost instantanly trottles too and start on leader´s tail. What do you guys think?

Date:7/23/2011
Rival 1: badboy_etc
Course: Ebisu (may change the name) (home course)
Battle Style: Grip Gamble handicap (by 3 seconds)
Winner: badboy_etc

I thought to myself by giving the 3 second was a good idea because Fragolas79 had a weaker PP.

Fragolas79, practice makes perfect and finding your suspension tune takes time also. It took me a very long time to get where I am, but I didn't give up. Learn suspension spring rates on Hot Version or go to websites that indicate coilover spring rates. This should be a good start and work your way up. :D

Date:7/23/2011
Course: Ebisu (may change the name) (home course)
Battle Style: Grip Gamble handicap (by 3 seconds)

I thought to myself by giving the 3 second was a good idea because Fragolas79 had a weaker PP.

Fragolas79, practice makes perfect and finding your suspension tune takes time also. It took me a very long time to get where I am, but I didn't give up. Learn suspension spring rates on Hot Version or go to websites that indicate coilover spring rates. This should be a good start and work your way up. :D

Yes, I need to tune my suspention and also LSD. My S2000 is tuned for my home course (Akagui Touge, Mt. Aso), and Toscana courses demands some changes in that setup. Also, I know my home course very well and can be faster on it with some oversteer, but same setup and drive style in in unfamiliar tracks turns the car hard to master. Some training and a fine tuned suspention, and I´ll be ready to have fun in 1st Season:tup:

PS: loved to watch you racing with Monstar, very close battle!!:)

Last edited:
Server issues scuppered my chances of battling Fragolas. Bit disappointed about that but still looking forward to the time attacks and official battles

Date: 24/07/2011
Rival 1: CHRYSTALBUDS
Rival 2: badboy_etc
Course: Ebisu (Badboy_etc's course)
Batte Style: 3 lap Cat & Mouse
Winner: CHRYSTALBUDS
Battle Rating: 5 out of 5
Fast clean racer, I knew he was good after reading some of his previous battle reports.
I chose to chase on first lap, it was pretty close, he made a .5 second gap at the start, but after a few turns I caught up and applied the pressure. Just enough to make him screw up and eat dirt :D I passed him and held the lead untill the end. Good battle to end the pre-season.

I will be on on 4:30 if anybody wants to battle I really want to battle before the season starts

Date: 07/24/2011
Rival 2: Nightingale__
Course: Ushimine
Batte Style: 3 lap Cat & Mouse + handicap
Battle Rating: 4 out of 5

Only reason why I gave him a four (4) is because he was intentionally blocking me, not allowing me to pass. I almost crashed into his side once because of it, but other then that he was fast for a car with a lower PP so I was happy he made it interesting. 👍

badboy_etc
Date: 07/24/2011
Rival 2: Nightingale__
Course: Ushimine
Batte Style: 3 lap Cat & Mouse + handicap
Battle Rating: 4 out of 5

Only reason why I gave him a four (4) is because he was intentionally blocking me, not allowing me to pass. I almost crashed into his side once because of it, but other then that he was fast for a car with a lower PP so I was happy he made it interesting. 👍
Like hell I will just let you pass me! That NSX is fast! lol just kidding, good race man. I was under the impression that blocking (without swerving) was a normal thing in touge; guess I'll need to sort that out next time I race. Actually, a lot of things need to be standardized before the next season of LOTS.

Nightingale
Like hell I will just let you pass me! That NSX is fast! lol just kidding, good race man. I was under the impression that blocking (without swerving) was a normal thing in touge; guess I'll need to sort that out next time I race. Actually, a lot of things need to be standardized before the next season of LOTS.

Short answer: blocking is allowed, on straights especially.

BALLAST RESTRICTION EXAMPLE (FOR SEASON 1)

Ballast use for Season 1 is set at 5% of car weight.

For example, the stock MR2 G-Limited '97 weight is 1220kg,
If you do not have any weight reduction mods, the max amount of ballast you can use is:
1220 x 5% = 61kg.

The full weight reduction for the MR2 is 1039kg, so the max ballast you can use is:
1039kg x 5% = 51.95kg ~ 52kg.

So use the default weight (inc mods) of the car x 5% is the max value you can use for the ballast.

So this week is Time Attack week if i got that right. Does that mean that no battles between LoTS members will be going on?

BTW. - what is the best time on the track for Time Attack - Usihime??

Thx

So this week is Time Attack week if i got that right. Does that mean that no battles between LoTS members will be going on?

BTW. - what is the best time on the track for Time Attack - Usihime??

Thx

No there will not be any 'recorded' battle results.

I can vouch for UShimine. Great track and my home course. I'll check out your other tracks in the course maker thread too. I did a 3:31:xxx yesterday.

The best time I think is held by MONSTAR, he said he did something like 3:31 but that's not considered an official time.

What does that mean? Lol

Urmm... It's hard to put a finger on it. To how much extend can you block? If it's Cat and Mouse Sudden Death, I think you can block to your heart's content. But for Grip Gambler... that's another story altogether.

TIME ATTACK & REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

Also still accepting Pre-Season Results!

Last edited:
Ok Blocking in general is like this. F1 style. Lead driver can move once full from 1 side of the track to the other to defend and can move back onto racing line but has to leave enough room for the attacking driver on the outside, if attacking is already there. Defending driver cant move fully across to both sides of the track in an erratic manner.

ILLEGAL BLOCKING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua8-y546M0Q

LEGAL BLOCKING. 1 MOVE. PERFECT BLOCK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvlGQpBGni8

THIS IS A BIT DIFFERENT. IT WAS DURING QUALIFYING. YOU WOULD GET AWAY WITH A PENALTY IN RACE CONDITIONS BUT ONLY IF YOU DID THIS ONCE. IF YOU DID IT EVERY LAP THEN YOU WOULD BE PENALIZED. NOTICE SCHUMACHER WHEN HE COMES BACK ACROSS THE TRACK TO TAKE THE RACING LINE AFTER HE MADE THE BLOCK. HE'S NOT BACK ON THE RACING LINE FOR LONG. ONLY A SPLIT SECOND TO TAKE THE FASTEST LINE THROUGH THE CORNER. IF THE CORNER WASNT FOR ANOTHER 50M THEN IT WOULD BE AN ILLEGAL BLOCK. IF HE CAME BACK ACROSS AND LEFT ROOM FOR ALONSO AND THE NEXT CORNER WAS 50M+ AWAY THEN THAT IS OK.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3j_1DyHNJ8&feature=related

Last edited:
Time Attack room open now. Come see the undefeated legendary Brown Hornet in action! :P lol. jk

Ive made the room in my lounge as i dont want randoms coming in.
Add MONSTAR-1 if you wish to join.

ROOM CLOSED

Last edited:
Time Attack room open now. Come see the undefeated legendary Brown Hornet in action! :P lol. jk

Ive made the room in my lounge as i dont want randoms coming in.
Add MONSTAR-1 if you wish to join.

If you're going to run your "Brown Hornet" for season 1, you can be the first to register your car!

lol, let me check when i get home, or you can check from my shared tracks. I think i've got it online there.

EDIT:
Track Length 7625.7m <- Is this one.

lol, let me check when i get home, or you can check from my shared tracks. I think i've got it online there.

EDIT:
Track Length 7625.7m <- Is this one.

Its not on there. I think you can only have 1 shared track. Nightingale dosnt have it online either

Done. Do you have to ok it before it gets published?

No. I don't have to OK it. Just use the form, and the first sent registration will be accepted, all others after that won't be.

By the way, the map details are:

Toscana (Tarmac)
Ushimine
Track Length: 7625.7m
Straight Length: 910.5m
Elevation Difference: 46.9m
Corners: 61

How come you have it I'm meters?
Mine has it as....
Length 4.74 miles
Straight length 0.57 miles
Elevation difference 154.0 ft