Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
News about my untimely demise have been greatly exaggerated. I was on vacation, even left my axe home.

Anyway, about the review: Thank you! It definitely is pleasant to read and everything seems to correspond with mine and The MFT Stig's opinions about the car.

Well of course! Unless your plans was to chop the customs people to bits with it……btw, where did you go? Had fun?

And, believe it or not, I've already started on a different one for one of yours…

Well of course! Unless your plans was to chop the customs people to bits with it……btw, where did you go? Had fun?

And, believe it or not, I've already started on a different one for one of yours…

Oh yes, tons of fun and a lot of eye candy.. Porsche GT3RS etc.. ;)

A question about Evora's color, is it photoshopped or it really has those stripes from the Riverside Gold Metallic (Chevrolet) ? Thanks.
I forgot to reply to this one. Photoshopped yes, the original idea was to have a black car with golden stripes for a proper John Player Special style but it soon became apparent that no matter how hard our graphics department works, turning black into gold is about a dozenty times harder than vice versa so that's what was finally done.

Next pair? Oh yes.. Old legends are making a return to the limelight. Two versions of same car, entirely different approach.

Next pair? Oh yes.. Old legends are making a return to the limelight. Two versions of same car, entirely different approach.

2 versions of the same c…IS IT THE ALFA ROMEO GIULIA THINGY AND THE 1600 GTA??!?!??! <--- ultra car nerd + car noob

Damn. Is it a Mini Marcos and a Mini Copper?
Unfortunately we don't have a Mini Copper in our inventory, several well maintained examples of Mini Silver, Mini Gold and Mini Platinum are available though. Mini Palladium is temporarily out of stock but more are expected to arrive in a few weeks.

Unfortunately we don't have a Mini Copper in our inventory, several well maintained examples of Mini Silver, Mini Gold and Mini Platinum are available though. Mini Palladium is temporarily out of stock but more are expected to arrive in a few weeks.

Oh ****……hahaha very funny greycap…you know what I meant. Mini Cooper :lol:

To your typing, more attention you should pay. Help you it can, and keeps the mods out of your business, yes. [/Yoda]

Mine's Skyline GT-R V-spec N1 '06

660+ bhp, 650+ Nm, 1340 kg, PP 611
Painted in Pearl Black from Mine's

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Prodrive GC-010G, finished in Pearl Black from Mine's
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: prepare for 300.000 Cr and buy a lot of ice cream with the change

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 20 / 35

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.761
2nd: 1.878
3rd: 1.450
4th: 1.185
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.832
Final Gear: 3.650

Max speed: 340 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 3 / 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 18 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 8 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 25 / 75

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 11.0
Dampers (Extension): 9 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 7
Anti-Roll Bars: 3 / 4
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 3 / 7

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Nothing is good enough to not enable improvements, not even the mighty Mine's GT-R. Can it be made to accelerate better, to turn better, to have better gear ratios, to be even more of the ultimate handling machine among GT-R's?

Well, you'd be a bloody fool to answer "no". Admittedly the changes aren't nowhere near as huge as those that transformed the factory stock R34 GT-R into the Mine's GT-R in the first place but they can be felt. Narrower gear spacing keeps the engine better in the powerband, a powerband even more ferocious than before thanks to a larger turbocharger. To make sure it stays on the road after putting the newly found power to good use the last remains of the stock suspension were unceremonially dumped and nearly every adjustable part was fine tuned for better road holding, especially focusing on front end grip. As a result the old brick-like R34 has reached yet another level of cornering performance that puts it back among the very best road legal tuner cars... if it ever lost its place there that is.

Looks nice. 👍 But why you have installed the LSD for a Skyline? Not that I'm questioning your tune in any way, but I remember that you guys never did it in GT4 garage. Is the ATTESTA-ETS (not spelled right, I know) somehow different in GT5?

Last edited:

With this being my first review like this I apologise if it's no good, but here I go anyway.

The Countach 25th anniversary, named so because of Lamborghini's 25th year of producing mind numbingly fast and beautiful cars. Even the Countach is beautiful in it's own unique boxy way. And with a 5.2L V12 it's quite fast too.
But is it any good?
I wouldn't know, because what I did was install all the needed parts to make it better. First I gave it a spin without setting the gearbox, LSD or the suspension.
The track I chose for this test is Grand Valley Speedway.

Before the tune
I set off from the pits to the first corner where I applied a lot of braking. I don't want to destroy the thing just yet. Lined up myself so that I could see myself powering down the straight bit, but I already noticed a bit of understeer. In fact there was a lot of it and I barely dodged the wall. And that's what it's like. It understeers like a pig, and if you manage to shift the weight right and apply the power right you do get some oversteer out of it. But it's not very fun.
It's incredibly fast, but it is a bit of a boat. Attempt to go around a corner a bit faster than the car wants you to and you'll be screeching on the tarmac desperately pressing the brakes in an attempt to stop it. And you will.
In a wall probably.

After the tune
With that being said it was now time to apply the settings. A quick couple of minutes changing some numbers and I was ready to go. Again I set off to the first corner, applied braking and when I saw the straight I gave it some power. This corner is all you need to experience to see the changes made. Instead of the understeer you now get oversteer. It's the kind of oversteer that you can easily control too. However, the oversteer didn't completely overpower the understeer. It's there for most of the corners, but for the high speed ones, you will find a fair bit of understeer. Luckily it's been reduced quite a bit looking at the untuned version. All this makes it very fun. But also very fast if you know what you're doing and don't let the back end slip in every corner.
This means I shouldn't try and do a fast lap. But I did it anyway.

After a warm up lap I found myself going down the main straight at about 270km/h. I kept to the right, to give me enough road for the faint corner to the left and applied full braking. I let the car coast to the middle of the road and turned it, so I was properly alligned for the takeoff. Just before the next high speed corner I let off the gas, which I left alone until the next corner. When I was aligned to take the fast right-left hander I gave it full power again all the way until the hairpin. As I approached the end of the corner I shifted into second and, careful not to spin the tires, gave it full power. At the double left hander I went as close to the inside as possible and let the car coast for a bit before applying the brakes just enough to shift the weight, then gave it enough power to turn the car into the right position for the double right hander, which I took at a moderate speed.
Sacrificing the second part of the double right hander I was at about the middle of the track, so I could take the final corner before the tunnel, which I did gently, again, trying not to spin the tires. Slipped down into second for the corner before the tunnel and controlled the gas pedal as to not let the back end slip. Same story in both the tunnels.
Exiting the second tunnel I went to the right and while braking shifted into first for the duration of the next corner and for a split second gave it full power before braking again for the right hand corner after it. Now it was time for the very last corner for which I went into third gear, turned right and gave it full power through the corner. I reached 205km/h before the end of the apex. Without the tune if I went anywhere near 170 I would be meeting the wall.

At the end I finished the lap with a 1:59.249. There's a couple of seconds in there, but I only gave it about 10 laps.

So as for the tune? It works very well, transforming the car from a bit of a boat into a very fun supercar. But don't go too fast or it'll punish you.

Pictures are clickable for full size.

Mine's Skyline GT-R V-spec N1 '06

660+ bhp, 650+ Nm, 1340 kg, PP 611

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 3 / 5
Acceleration Sensitivity: 18 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 8 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 25 / 75

Looks nice. 👍 But why you have installed the LSD for a Skyline? Not that I'm questioning your tune in any way, but I remember that you guys never did it in GT4 garage. Is the ATTEA-SEA (not spelled right, I know) somehow different in GT5?

:yuck: :crazy: :scared: :grumpy: :odd: :eek: :mad: Greycap?! For using such LSD devices in a vehicle containing the ATTESTA-ETS PRO torque distribution system as standard, I hereby sentence you to 168 hours non-stop of R32 GTS-T convert to R34 OEM parts only with locked differentials front and rear, as well as SR20DET engine mod with Toyota Corolla ESC/ASM stability control... :sly: :D (I'll review this brick when I have the chance...)

Last edited:
If you two actually took a look at the Mine's GT-R in its stock form it'd take you around ten seconds to see that it has a fully customizable LSD fitted from the factory. ;) If you after that equipped it with a VCD (using the old GT4 term) you'd be able to see that the stock torque distribution is 20/80 - and it's mainly good for creating smoke at full throttle corner exits. Perhaps needed with the understeery default setup but 25/75 gets the car out of corners noticably faster while still providing a healthy amount of oversteer thanks to the improved suspension.

If you two actually took a look at the Mine's GT-R in its stock form it'd take you around ten seconds to see that it has a fully customizable LSD fitted from the factory. ;) If you after that equipped it with a VCD (using the old GT4 term) you'd be able to see that the stock torque distribution is 20/80 - and it's mainly good for creating smoke at full throttle corner exits. Perhaps needed with the understeery default setup but 25/75 gets the car out of corners noticably faster while still providing a healthy amount of oversteer thanks to the improved suspension.

Well, my fault for not checking. That's a lot of wasted smilies! (Well, that's what you get for being awake at 12:30am in GMT +10.) Anyways, I will review this car and see whether it is better later.

NisMo 800R'02

797 bhp, 776 Nm, 1405 kg, PP 618
Painted in Black Pearl from Nissan

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, BBS LM
Front Splitter & Skirts Type B
Front Extensions Type A
Rear Wing Type A
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: ~250k Cr.

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 141
Ballast Position: 50

Aerodynamics
Downforce: 0 / 28

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.469
2nd: 2.385
3rd: 1.775
4th: 1.420
5th: 1.175
6th: 1.000
Final Gear: 3.545

Max speed: 320 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 30 / 60
Acceleration Sensitivity: 30 / 15
Braking Sensitivity: 10 / 10

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 30 / 70

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 9.0 / 7.5
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 4
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 2
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 7
Camber Angle (-): 2.5 / 2.3
Toe Angle: -0.30 / 0.00

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 6 / 7

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

Now, look here, and wipe that drool off your chin. Yes, it's powerful special vehicle from Nissan's racing arm NisMo, but before you imagine it as a handful to drive, try it out. While it produces nearly 800bhp and revs to 9500rpm, it is surprisingly docile to drive, mainly due the tweaked differentials. This car is telling you when you're an utter tool and demand too much from the tyres, and you'll know it when this car gives you a warning about such foolish behavior. Treat it with respect and you can utilize all the power it has, try to push it too hard and you will be punished in a most frustrating manner. Yes, it's not as lackadaisical as the Mines version is, but it is a good stepping stone towards more powerful cars.

Last edited:
I'd say that's the Premium normal R34. Since it has new wheels and everything...

Yeah I guessed it was Premium lol, but R34 is a decent guess yeah, let's just wait for the Finns to answer :P

As some of the long time visitors probably have noticed, in the later stages of GT4 we introduced YouTube videos of the banner time laps in the setup posts. Ever since seeing how the Replay Theatre of GT5 handles fastest lap replays I've been trying to come up with a proper way to show the lap so that the final time can be seen but haven't succeeded. I don't think I ever will, so YouTube is out of question.

However, GT5 gives us an entirely different approach as it offers the option of exporting and importing replay files. It also has the added benefit of being able to watch the lap with all the usual replay controls at your disposal. The downside is that it takes a bit of effort with the file management.

If I made a replay database, with replays as a list with the cars' names in the links, and a really back to basics "replay importing for dummies" tutorial, would there be interest for such an extra service?

I 'third' that, great idea, and it'll help driving noobs like me to learn from the masters of GVS :bowdown:

Achtung! Incoming high-revving naturally aspirated racing classics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back