RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

StLCards
Thanks Supermelon and Dragonthing, sometimes it pays to look more closely to the specs, my bad.

I used Juliet with some friends the other night online, dusted them in 4 straight races before they politely suggested I change rides, LOL. Great tune.

You would be surprised how ofter this happens to me...I even got kicked from a lobby for beating the host's NSX in my M3 Coupe :D keep on winning :sly:

RKM Motorsport's Viper GTS

ViperGTS.jpg

ViperGTS_Big.jpg

Based on: Dodge Viper GTS '02
Obtained: Brand New Model from Dodge

Drivetrain: FR
Horsepower: 666 BHP (@ 33 miles)
Torque:---- 96 kgfm
Weight:---- 1271 kg
PP:-------- 604

PARTS
GT Auto

Oil Change
Front Aero A
Rear Aero A
Spoiler B

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Fibre Hood
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Supercharger
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Aerodynamics

Downforce: 0/20

Ballast
Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Drivetrain
Differential

Initial: 0/8
Accel:-- 0/21
Braking: 0/5

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -20/-17
Spring Rate: 12.0/9.0
Extension:-- 7/6
Compression: 7/5
Anti-Roll:-- 3/6
Camber:----- 1.8/1.2
Toe:-------- -0.20/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 6/7

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
Yes, that right there is a Viper that goes round corners. With 666 bhp. On road legal rubber.

This apparent loss of sanity is fast and brutal, and surprisingly quick. And before anyone mentions the stock 5-speed, just imagine a NASCAR with a 6-speed and there's your answer. This is a car for surprising people...

Riiiiiice rocket :D not really, I wouldn't have been so conservative if.it was a ricer xD
Conservative? Epic rear wing + carbon fiber hood + ricer-y rims (that only look ricer-y because of hood and rear wing)... makes me think it's a ricer... :)

ImprezaAddict
Conservative? Epic rear wing + carbon fiber hood + ricer-y rims (that only look ricer-y because of hood and rear wing)... makes me think it's a ricer... :)

I could have picked chrome rims, bright paint and the crappy carbon wing too :D and everyone knows ricers don't believe in weight reduction...besides, have you driven the snakey yet? :sly:

VTiRoj
We had some idea after seeing that people on the official PS forums have talked about our tunes (based on a Google search of "RKM Motorsport"). Clearly it's more widespread than we thought though. :lol:

Lion's Den is another key shop based in GTPlanet. I used to be very active on the PlayStation until they changed the forum software. It became processor intensive and now it's just BAD. So GTP is my GT home and I hang out at Tuner's Pit. TP has a lot of former PSU junkies and GTP campers.

The Stealth GTR is bitchy twitchy!!! Learning Spa with it :shock:

Lion's Den is another key shop based in GTPlanet.

Thing is though, that's virtually closed now as they haven't done a new tune since June and many of their tunes were done before you could adjust ratios (and they haven't been updated accordingly). Praiano, MFT and RVR (just!) have effectively taken over them in terms of honours, and JG's tune shop is next after them...

Thing is though, that's virtually closed now as they haven't done a new tune since June and many of their tunes were done before you could adjust ratios (and they haven't been updated accordingly). Praiano, MFT and RVR (just!) have effectively taken over them in terms of honours, and JG's tune shop is next after them...
:lol: Really? Well, I guess he really owes me something then :D
What's the purpose of every car I've setup according RKM having more rear brake bias? Defies my passenger logic.
More rear bias removes understeer when you brake hard into a corner.

RJ is the only one to tackle TC cars? (based on looking for "TC" cars.)
RJ? You mean Roj, right? An 'o' in the name makes all the difference. One's a pleasant, british chap with a mountain of tunes and the other is a not-as-good guy from Detroit or where ever with 4 tunes :lol: *I'm joking RJ, don't kill me!!! :scared:

What's the purpose of every car I've setup according RKM having more rear brake bias? Defies my passenger logic.

Curbing understeer and shorter braking distances, mainly.

GT5's ABS system lets us get away with it and does a better job of avoiding rear brake lock than front.

Edit: Oh and I'll be doing the TCs now that I have the DLC. :D

GT5's ABS system lets us get away with it and does a better job of avoiding rear brake lock than front.

Curbing?? Curing, you mean?

And fack this. I still have no DLC. :(

Curbing?? Curing, you mean?

And fack this. I still have no DLC. :(
Guess that means you don't want to hear that I spent most of my available game time for the last two days trying stay connected long enough to buy and download the complete DLC pack...:ill::lol:

Guess that means you don't want to hear that I spent most of my available game time for the last two days trying stay connected long enough to buy and download the complete DLC pack...:ill::lol:

……that's why I haven't heard a peep from you regarding the Toyota and Mitsubishi…

-.-

Download DLC later when you can afford a proper internet router thing.

Rotary Junkie

OOOOH, you must be that RJ person...

I had dropped the o in Roj because I thunked I saw someone refer to him as RJ. In reality, they were referring to Rotory Junky.

:facepalm:

I was messing with Roj's Prius TC setup. No offense to him or the tune. But, I think I found a candidate for one of my Matte Brown paint chips! It's already Matte Pink so my daughter can enjoy it. Come December, it might become the Prius Turd Car!

Why couldn't PD stuff the Lexus LFA V10 in that thing!

I like Roj's Evo X TC tune, the Emperor thingy. It's quick, but it doesn't feel "fast" for 500hp

Trying to look through RVR's list. Kind of impossible with the GTPlanet Mobile App.

Last edited:
Mini Reviews- Mclaren MP4/12-C 'MP4 LM'

Ermm……how can I put this…it's scary. A 650hp turbocharged feather with still far too little downforce and super quick steering makes this a true brute to drive. It can best be compared to what I'd imagine the Noble M600 would be like, should we ever get it in GT5. To quote Jeremy Clarkson, '1% too much speed going into a corner, you get understeer. 1% too much throttle to correct it, you get oversteer.' You get the idea. You really need to pay attention in this car. It's unforgiving, you get it wrong, you're off the track. There's a hint of understeer when you brake hard and when you corner at high speeds. At low speed corners, the MP4 shows its true characters and becomes a slight bastard to control. It'll lash out at you if you don't pay attention. It's got the attitude of a LMP at low speeds. All power, not enough control. Granted, it's not as mental as an actual LMP, but it isn't far off.

You need to really know what you're doing, it loves killing the tyres and, on occasion, you too. The only issue, aside from the mental powerslides, is the gears. Wheelspin in 1st gear is often accompanied with the sound of the V8 headbutting the redline. The current, standard gearbox, just can't cope with the power, it needs a longer 1st and 2nd gear if it is to be faster off the line. As of now, I need to launch the car in 2nd if I want a quick getaway. :scared:

To sum up, it's very much a car that sticks to what the MP4/12-C's values were, but delivers it in a completely different way. The stock Macca's motto seemed to be 'Lap times first, everything else doesn't matter.' Here though, The priority seemed to be around delivering the thrills a supercar should give, capturing that Lamborghini magic of terrifying the driver, while being blisteringly fast.

Anyway…now I'm done with it…anyone know where the toilet is? I might have crapped myself a bit driving that LM…:grumpy::dopey:

Onboy123
Mini Reviews- Mclaren MP4/12-C 'MP4 LM'

Ermm……how can I put this…it's scary. A 650hp turbocharged feather with still far too little downforce and super quick steering makes this a true brute to drive. It can best be compared to what I'd imagine the Noble M600 would be like, should we ever get it in GT5. To quote Jeremy Clarkson, '1% too much speed going into a corner, you get understeer. 1% too much throttle to correct it, you get oversteer.' You get the idea. You really need to pay attention in this car. It's unforgiving, you get it wrong, you're off the track. There's a hint of understeer when you brake hard and when you corner at high speeds. At low speed corners, the MP4 shows its true characters and becomes a slight bastard to control. It'll lash out at you if you don't pay attention. It's got the attitude of a LMP at low speeds. All power, not enough control. Granted, it's not as mental as an actual LMP, but it isn't far off.

You need to really know what you're doing, it loves killing the tyres and, on occasion, you too. The only issue, aside from the mental powerslides, is the gears. Wheelspin in 1st gear is often accompanied with the sound of the V8 headbutting the redline. The current, standard gearbox, just can't cope with the power, it needs a longer 1st and 2nd gear if it is to be faster off the line. As of now, I need to launch the car in 2nd if I want a quick getaway. :scared:

To sum up, it's very much a car that sticks to what the MP4/12-C's values were, but delivers it in a completely different way. The stock Macca's motto seemed to be 'Lap times first, everything else doesn't matter.' Here though, The priority seemed to be around delivering the thrills a supercar should give, capturing that Lamborghini magic of terrifying the driver, while being blisteringly fast.

Anyway…now I'm done with it…anyone know where the toilet is? I might have crapped myself a bit driving that LM…:grumpy::dopey:

Well that was successful :D I made a car that is somehow both worse than stock, but a hundred times better at the same time :sly: and I don't know what you were worrying about before, this review looks fine! 👍

Maybe if a miracle happens today I shall release this rather stylish coupe I have here...and maybe fix that gearbox too! :dopey:

Quite sure I mean what I said. ;)
Urm……*google's 'Curbing'*……nope. Don't get it. Elaborate for the dimwitted please? :D

And Dragonthing, that review is…pathetic, really. Look at the length of the stuff I write in G.T.R for comparison. But I still had to fight a war with myself just to get the first bit written…:lol:

Rotary Junkie
curb - lessen the intensity of; temper; hold in restraint; hold or keep within limits

Like "Curb your enthusiasm" lighting up forum trolls that tell people "over there ->" when other less experienced forum members ask for help...

Like "Curb your enthusiasm" lighting up forum trolls that tell people "over there ->" when other less experienced forum members ask for help...
Ah, I see you've felt the fire to smack some sense into idiots. 👍 Keep that fire, that feeling. You'll need it soon.

Back