RKM Motorsport - Tuned Tuners - May '13

OK let me begin this by stating Im an idiot. Instead of using the settings sheet I chose to instead, purchase GT Citroen Race cars... lesson learned.

OK so how did Dragon's tune hold up (or out)?
Well this depends on how we want to look at it.

For setup I used 1 BoB (lvl 31 in Blue), 1 default/stock fresh off the showroom floor GT, 1 of my own tunes (more of fumbling but we'll get to that), Dragonthing's tune and the Seasonal Event Tokyo R246. And no input on my behalf at all, just start race and leave room til I hear the end music come on.

So we have a 615PP vs a 640PP vs a 643PP.

Hot laps were:
615 (stock) = 1:44.310
640 (Dragon) = 1:41.779
643 (mine) = 1:41.097

My setup is nothing like Dragonthing's in pretty much every way except 1: downforce. My "tune" is basically the 5/30/10 LSD with -10/-10 on the susp, 230MPH gearbox and 7/7 brake. That is it. And it works somehow.

And the ONLY reason I beat her tunes time is because of this and it is something I alluded to in my introductory post... there is something way off in her tune, the sloppy saloppe will not stay off the walls. Every corner its BANG *sparks*. I do not know why, nor can I even guess why. I started using her tune when she first put it up and thought there was no way in hell the one I had could compare. Then the walls came down (literally). I first assumed it was due to maybe the lvl of BoB, it is not. Got same results on lvl 10s, lvl 20s and now lvl 31. The car is just not gripping, even under lower speeds, in corners. Not even sharp ones at that.

So as a B-spec racer looking for a choice run with this car, you would have to pass. Against comparable vehicles you will finish 3rd or worse. With the sliding occurring too frequently there is little to no room for user input to control BoB on his journey around whichever track you may be assaulting. Which breaks my heart because the car is a lovely piece to watch, and even use, under A-Spec.

Now I'll put on fire retardant suit just in case. Thank you for reading and hope I didnt offend, twas not my intent. I truly thank you for the work invested and the opportunity to use it.

Last edited:
Bob. That's why.

If a car isn't absolutely rock stable at WOT in every gear, Bob will have issues on exit, but then strange ones too, like understeering off in a car that has a tendency to oversteer. I too am not sure what the problem is exactly, but I've noticed it as well with my lowly Swift... With it set up how I like to drive it, my B-Spec drivers have a tendency to take corners faster than they can and go off under the right circumstances. Slight tweak to stabilize it a bit and suddenly they manage to stay on track.

I'd suggest bumping up the rear spring rate and seeing how it goes from there.

DOH! I just realized I didnt state that the sloppy steering does NOT occur in either the stock edition nor my "tune". Thing grips like peanut butter in both instances.

I also forgot to mention the results of the Seasonal:

615 (stock) = 3rd to Zonda and BMW McLaren
640 (Dragon) = same as above
643 (mine) = 2nd to BMW McLaren

I'll try hers again with a stiffer rear spring to see if that helps. She does have it on lowest while beefing up front. Let everyone know how it goes momentarily.

RESULTS:
Upped the rear springs to 8 and then 10.
8 still slippery but not as much, still 3rd place finish.
10 even less slippage, still hits sometimes but came in 2nd to a default GT Race Car by 5.067 seconds?!?

Its not really slamming in to the walls as much as it seems to slide into them like a NASCAR racer losing his line and grazing the wall. Clearly enough to make the car not respond like it should.

Last edited:
RKM Motorsport’s Tomica Leaf

TomicaLeaf.jpg

TomicaLeaf_Big.jpg

Based on: Nissan Leaf G ‘11
Obtained: DLC

Drivetrain: FF
Horsepower: 108 BHP (@ 35.3 miles)
Torque:---- 28 kgfm
Weight:---- 1231 kg
PP:-------- 349

PARTS
GT Auto

Rays Volk Racing GTS Wheels
Type A Front Aero
Type A Rear Aero

Tuning Shop
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

SETUP

Body/Chassis
Ballast

Amount:-- 0
Position: 0

Engine
Power Limiter

Power Level: 100.0%

Suspension
Suspension

Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 7.5/2.4
Extension:-- 7/8
Compression: 5/6
Anti-Roll:-- 2/3
Camber:----- 2.0/1.5
Toe:-------- 0.00/0.00

Brakes
Brake Balance Controller

Brake Balance: 5/6

Intended Driving Options
Transmission: Manual (MT)
ABS: 1
Everything else: OFF

Tuner Comments:
The newest arrival to the eco-friendly branch of RKM is the Nissan Leaf. Unlike the i-MiEV and Tesla Roadster, the Leaf actually handles better than its gas-guzzling counterparts. This Leaf handles like it’s on rails and as a result, gives the hatchbacks a run for their money around the tighter tracks. However a top speed limited to 93mph prevents the Leaf from taking the crown on faster tracks, which is a shame.

Fun fact: The Nissan Leaf is also the newest arrival to my Tomica collection, hence the colour and the name.

Last edited:
DOH! I just realized I didnt state that the sloppy steering does NOT occur in either the stock edition nor my "tune". Thing grips like peanut butter in both instances.

I'll try hers again with a stiffer rear spring to see if that helps. She does have it on lowest while beefing up front. Let everyone know how it goes momentarily.

RESULTS:
10 even less slippage, still hits sometimes but came in 2nd to a default GT Race Car by 5.067 seconds?!?

Its not really slamming in to the walls as much as it seems to slide into them like a NASCAR racer losing his line and grazing the wall. Clearly enough to make the car not respond like it should.

Hm, I honestly have no idea but it sounds almost exactly like Bob thinks the tune is faster than it is, much like he did with my Swift.

RESULTS:

Wait, so you weren't able to win the 650PP Seasonal using a 640PP GTbyCitroen Race Car, but I was able to beat it using a 514PP S2000 Touring Car?

The comments in this review are what I experienced and may or may not be true for you.

The Battle of the Whining Babies… Cars!… I Mean Whining Cars!

This Roj’s new Nissan Lead tune out I have to come up with an electric car that could go up against it in a fair comparison so the Tesla was out… it would do 7 laps around Fuji Speedway before the Leaf got finished with one. So who could go up against the Leaf? Then I remembered my favorite show on TV TopGear they pitted a Leaf vs. an I-mev in last season so I thought I would do the same but in a more non-logical sense. (if you saw the episode they were doing very nonTopGear stuff and being sensible…)

But where to race this guys… I feel any big track gives to much advantage to the leaf because it has way more power. So I tried Tsukuba because for normal a car that is a pretty small course with a few tight turns did a few laps on the course, even that course was too big for these cars. So I had to rethink… what kind of course would be good for electric vehicles that can’t hit 80 mph in less time it took the Chinese to build The Great Wall of China? Then it hit me! A Kart track its small, lots of turns that give normal cars the hardest time because they are so tight. So I pushed them over to Space Kart 1 (didn’t want to drive them would use up the battery) and set off and this is what I found.

The Leaf- It has the power that is wanted it has as much just about 10 horse power shy of a ford fiesta which is just enough for daily driving, it’s safe quiet (driven one in real life… and the quietness it super weird) it’s a good car to get you to point A to point B. With Roj’s tune the power didn’t increase but the weight dropped which is always a good thing and suspension done up, so I set off. The lead had good turn in on this track only a bit on under steer coming into the first turn and I count that on me not being too familiar with the track itself. I was able to hit the apexes on every other corner without a problem could power through the last turn and keep the line just fine, the back end was loose but in a good way because it helped bring the car through the corners.

The I-mev- This car is a bit of an odd ball… not the best looking car in the world and by no means the fastest…. And those windows… let everyone see what jackass bought the I-mev. This car like the Leaf got its weight lowered and suspension tweaked BUT!!! it also got a LSD. This car was great; I felt it handled much better than the Leaf, a little bit more livelier you could say came through the corners like a happy puppy. The thing this car lacks is power… it lost to the leaf on both Tsukuba and Space Kart 1 because of its lack of power, on the straights big on short the Leaf pulls away because it does (let’s face it) have 40 less horse power then the Leaf. I would say the I-mev is the better handling car overall and put on a track that had no straights what so ever it would probably beat the Leaf, not by much but it would beat it. But give these cars a straight and the leaf pulls away without a problem.

On a side note… I think kart tracks are where these types of cars belong for racing. People can come and watch inside and not be afraid of getting carbon monoxide poisoning, its quiet so you can listen to the woman talk your ear off… (wait… that’s not a good thing) and they would be short, 30 minute long races. These cars as daily drivers (if you live in a big city) are great but if you like cars and want a fun car that you are proud to own and that if you rev it hard enough… you think your girls clothes might come off… then these two cars are not for you.

Last edited:
Aahh, I didn't read the post properly. My bad.

no probs. As I mentioned during my intro post Im a primarily B-Spec racer now. So Im slowly going over the tunes in relation to that end.

Most of the RKM tunes work well but this one particular tune is "off" for me. And so I have been meaning to discover why. Why out of all the others, this one is being a PITA. It's clearly a mix between BoB and some other entity. I suspect RJ has it dead on with his post of BoB thinking the car is faster than it really is. I mean a 205MPH max default version beats the tuned version as well as my own bumbling "tune" at 230MPH. And maybe this helps: Dragon's tune never hits 200+MPH on a straightaway but the default and mine do?? LSD issue perhaps?

And I am only going back to this over and over NOT to be overly critical of what Dragonthing did, as she never made it a B-Spec tune. I am thinking they at PD changed something in the code. Prime example: a default Chaparral 2J blows everything out of the water, and a tuned one requires a much higher B-Spec level and fine tune to win against it.

*EDIT: her Python down tuned wins more. Love that tune.

Hey people, hello all! :D I'm new, so I can look very strange to you guys but like you I love GT5 and I'm trying to get one good time score but I'm in trouble. Let me explain... I really, really want to get 6'55 at Nurburgring Nordschleife but it's sounding impossible to me. I can't pass the limit of 500PP (this is the limit that my friends like to race), so I thinked about buying one Impreza STi Hatch '07 (premium). It's with 315bhp-500PP (tuned max, racing soft tyres, aerodinamics from gt auto) and limited to 62% (I think, I can't remember exactly). I love it, the impreza do corners like one diabolic car but it's horrible at straights, I don't know if it's a problem with the transmission (It's stock, I just increased 1 click at the top speed to the right, 10km/h). I'm doing 7"07 with this car, I know that I can do around 7"04 or 7"05 with a lot of practice but I'd love to have a 6"55 car or one easier way to get 7 minutes at Nurburgring! So, I thinked about the Lotus Evora, Honda S2000 or the NSX... I know that I can be asking too much, but someone have an idea in what car of the game with 500PP is the fastest? The Sidewinder NSX can effort this need, should I change anything?

I'd say your best bet would be either an NSX or Evora.

Our 500PP tunes were made for use with sports hard tires, so you'll probably experience some mild understeer on race softs.

I'd say your best bet would be either an NSX or Evora.

Our 500PP tunes were made for use with sports hard tires, so you'll probably experience some mild understeer on race softs.

Thx for the fast reply! I'm going to give it a try at the Sidewinder and Evora with sport and race tyres :D If they understeers too much, what should I change? Just one more thing, I promiss: Sidewinder NSX is equipped with only stage I reduction weight, can I install lvl 3?

Last edited:
Thx for the fast reply! I'm going to give it a try at the Sidewinder and Evora with sport and race tyres :D If they understeers too much, what should I change? Just one more thing, I promiss: Sidewinder NSX is equipped with only stage I reduction weight, can I install lvl 3?

Soften the rear springs or stiffen the rear anti-roll bar to get rid of understeer.

As for weight reduction, I wouldn't suggest it. We built the cars to be as fast as possible at 500PP, less weight would mean less power.

Edit: @Onboy: Mine too.

Soften the rear springs or stiffen the rear anti-roll bar to get rid of understeer.

As for weight reduction, I wouldn't suggest it. We built the cars to be as fast as possible at 500PP, less weight would mean less power.

Edit: @Onboy: Mine too.

Oh, now I understand :] I was going to install lvl 3 because for me it was like less weight = faster LOL! I really appreciate your works guys, congrats !

On a side note… I think kart tracks are where these types of cars belong for racing. People can come and watch inside and not be afraid of getting carbon monoxide poisoning, its quiet so you can listen to the woman talk your ear off… (wait… that’s not a good thing) and they would be short, 30 minute long races. These cars as daily drivers (if you live in a big city) are great but if you like cars and want a fun car that you are proud to own and that if you rev it hard enough… you think your girls clothes might come off… then these two cars are not for you.
Thanks for the dual-review! The i-MiEV has an advantage with the LSD for sure, the Leaf for some reason doesn't get one. Probably because it's FF. The Leaf feels more stable because the wheelbase is longer than the i-MiEV's, which has the wheelbase of a shopping trolley. :lol: But that gives the i-MiEV more agility, especially as it's actually an MR, which works better on Kart Space, but probably not so much on say, Autumn Ring.

I do like the EV Kart Space idea though, a potential shootout right there. :lol:
Will an Aventador be in the works soon?:dopey:
Why would it be in the works if I've already finished it? I mean yes, of course, it will take some time though. :dopey:
i might have a tune for both of you coming up to take on that smug Roj :sly: :)

Smugface. :sly:

Leaf is great at the 'ring. Especially in Ferrari's Rosso Corsa and the rims with the red outline. 10/10! All hail Leaf!

roj i applied your evo IX tune to a 98 3000gt vr4 with 9.0front and 6.0 rear springs LSD set 5 10 5 front 6 16 12 rear lvl3weight reduction @500pp sports hard to very good results, for a 1300kg car @ about 370hp it carves corners with an oversteer posture.

Leaf is great at the 'ring. Especially in Ferrari's Rosso Corsa and the rims with the red outline. 10/10! All hail Leaf!
All hail! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: Leaf.
roj i applied your evo IX tune to a 98 3000gt vr4 with 9.0front and 6.0 rear springs LSD set 5 10 5 front 6 16 12 rear lvl3weight reduction @500pp sports hard to very good results, for a 1300kg car @ about 370hp it carves corners with an oversteer posture.

An odd combination but good to hear it works. There's actually a 3000GT tune in the archives, it's out of date but it may work for 3000GT's with less power.

An odd combination but good to hear it works. There's actually a 3000GT tune in the archives, it's out of date but it may work for 3000GT's with less power.

the yellow penatrator does not work for my purposes, tires last a lap and it developes an under

Back