Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably nothing else than that you have engine stages tunings carried out, GT5 (and GT4 did the same) varies the available gear ratios on some cars according to what engine modifications or turbo kits are applied. No idea why.

That's bizarre... Oh well, I have them as far left/right as the settings allow, it's pretty much the same (sort of) :lol: (who am I kidding) :lol:

I might pop up some reviews of other cars soon, I tested quite a few today.

Attila of the Huns

838 bhp, 932 Nm, 1313 kg

This thing was fantastic. Same 650PP Madrid seasonal, and this surpassed my expectations completely.

I had a go at tweaking my SLS before I came across this setup, and it understeered quite badly Bearable on tracks such as the Nurburgring, but if you went to Monte Carlo or Madrid... the less said the better really. Not surprising though, considering how heavy the front end in this car is, and how stupidly long that bonnet goes on for :lol:

I started the 5 laps, and immediately felt the difference. Braking through the first hairpin was stable, and the turn in was bang on, exactly how I wanted it. No throttle through the middle of the hairpin and the SLS just kept gripping. Stamped on the power towards the end of the corner, the back slipped a little bit, but it came through fine. Did I mention it's ferociously fast too?

The slightly longer, shallower bends were... not a problem per se, but certainly not as good as the sharper ones. In the sweeping right hander just before the last hairpin I had trouble keeping the nose from drifting wide without lifting off the throttle, something I had just managed in the ZR1 and Lambo, although I suspect I was going into that corner too fast anyway :lol: It certainly was a reminder that the SLS is not the light racer like the ZR1, rather a comfortable and stylish GT car that just happens to go mind-bendingly fast.

All in all however, a job well done. The rather phenomenal understeer from stock has been mostly eliminated, and the SLS takes corners with poise and precision, as well as retaining that colossal straight line speed.

Thanks for testing the SLS! It's been a while since anyone took that one out. It indeed is fast for a GT car by AMG. Although, it probably would be faster without the Mercedes influence on it. :lol:

Thanks for testing the SLS! It's been a while since anyone took that one out. It indeed is fast for a GT car by AMG. Although, it probably would be faster without the Mercedes influence on it. :lol:

I really want Brabus to get their hands on it. The laughs that would create :lol:

Nissan GT-R SpecV N1'09

629 bhp, 803 Nm, 1405 kg, PP 600

I took this tune out for a spin today. Same benchmark track as before, Madrid.

The first thing that hit me was the precision of how this thing enters a corner, you flick the nose in and it darts there immediately. Best seen on fast shallow corners like the one before the first hairpin on Madrid, and the turn coming out of the first hairpin.

However, turning with any sort of throttle on immediately induces understeer, and I had trouble keeping on the driving line in the long hairpins in the middle section of Madrid, and the last roundabout hairpin. It grips fantastically, it just doesn't turn as well as I felt it could with the power down.

Otherwise, the car was pretty good, it felt light, responsive, the acceleration was on par with racing GT-Rs and NSXs and it was a good all-round car. Just the understeer issue...

It is undoubtedly faster than anything on par with it for PP, I tried the course again in a Jaguar XJ220 with similar PP, and that could not keep up with the GT-R's lap times below (granted I tuned that one myself :lol:).

(NB: It could be my horrible aggressive driving that's leading to the understeer, take it onto Madrid and see in those long long hairpins...)

Average lap on Madrid: 1:21.2xx
Fastest: 1:20.3xx

EDIT: I went to run the GT-R again on Trial Mountain circuit, and it's wonderful there. Only the slightest hint of understeer in the long bends, but there's just so much grip... Plus it has face-ripping acceleration :lol:

Last edited:
Just wait till I release my '12 Black edition. :mischievous: It has already collected nice amount of scalps when racing against folks from the GTP's chatroom.. :lol:

Oh yes it is. But the fact that Leo managed to humiliate the chatroom people in 600PP cars with his 550PP GT-R tells more about those people than the car, because I proceeded to put the GT-R to shame with a 515PP vehicle. :lol:

:grumpy: You just had to go there, didn't you.. Besides, you humiliated the GT-R on Autumn Ring, I humiliated those fellows on GVS. There's a slight difference.

Oh yes it is. But the fact that Leo managed to humiliate the chatroom people in 600PP cars with his 550PP GT-R tells more about those people than the car, because I proceeded to put the GT-R to shame with a 515PP vehicle. :lol:

DLC :(

Oh well xD May I ask one of you to tune a Tommykaira ZZ-II? Fully maxed please, but otherwise just treat it as if it was your car :)

Sure you may, any preference on who does it? You've reviewed cars from both of us so it's your choice.

No real preference on who does it :lol: And no rush with it either, I probably won't have time to go on GT5 for another fortnight or so :)

I'll post a review of the Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR soon :)

Another quick one - namely the Alfa 155 TI DTM '93. After returning from my long absence playing GT5 and seeing that you guys have made one, this ranked fairly high on the list of cars I wanted to try out. Sadly, it took me a while before I could source one and then another while before I again had time to get to it.

But here goes. I tried it in contrast to its Opel Calibra arch nemesis from Greycap (only right), to have a real basis of comparison. As the old DTM seasonals are already gone, there were not many races I tried but did some iterations of the Nordschleiffe and the Cape Ring from A-Spec.

So what is the beast like? For a start, nothing like the Calibra. Sure, it has excellent grip and traction and the puny torque from the 2.5l V6 will never worry the rear wheels in the dry, as long as you keep to the track. In spite of this it is a trickier beast to drive in my opinion. The key to being fast is judging corner entry speeds - overdo them and lifting only makes the situation worse (no trail braking for me yet). The same goes for corner exit - too quick on the throttle and the car simply understeers.

Having said that, it also manages to be much more lively than the Calibra (which suffers much less from the understeer phenomenon in my hands). Very true to the national character of the car, it is pretty much like a too eager terrier pup, something like the first Abarth 500 US commercial, to the Calibra's president of the old Bundesbank demeanor. :)

So it is incredibly darty when making small corrections (maybe different with a wheel), meaning it is definitely fun, in a slightly less controlled way than the brutally efficient Calibra.

I also found it to work much better on the smooth concrete of Cape Ring than the bumpy variety of the Nordschleiffe, where understeer is not a factor but the deviations from the line and occassional off-track excursions are.

In the end it is a car that will be similarly fast to the Calibra in the hands of a committed expert on a good lap and will certainly take you longer to master but will probably neither provide you with the relaxed ride, nor to the 0.1 sec consistent lap times of the Calibra in an endurance race.

Still, with the 4 exhausts individually hanging off the back (in my eyes one of the cooler looking vehicles in GT5) and the very lively handling when not understeering, it is a car one simply cannot bypass. 👍

Last edited:
Hello, mad guys from the cold parts of Europe! I'm here to make a review of one of your cars, so here we go:

Ferrari 458 Challenge Stradale by Leonidae

Alright, so here we are. I was familliar with MFT's work back in GT4 days, but this is the first time that I drive one of their GT5 tunes. The car I choose is the 458 Italia, a car that although being a great supercar from the factory, it didn't impressed me at all. MFT did a lighter, more powerful version, one to scare the hell out of Porsches. How did it go? Pretty damm well. The car is a lot more faster, but it is also far more composed. Braking power is super efficient, ensuring you have the right speed when that corner approaches. On low speed corners, you need to control the throttle a bit to avoid sliding, nothing too dangerous. But if you let the car go, well, so will you. Into a wall. It's almost a race car, with steady cornering, high speed, and equally high accel. A great car overall, I enjoyed the great work behind it. Great job, MFT. You haven't lost your touch.

Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR GT '08

1000+ bhp, 1145+ Nm, 1257 kg, PP 661

History and Top Gear teaches us that Americans aren't very good at building cars that go around corners. And most of the time this is true :lol:
Not so here however.

Running this around the same benchmark track I always use, I was fairly astonished to say the least when approaching the first hard left hand hairpin, there was no struggling from the front end and the nose simply darted in. No throttle, keep turning, plant the power halfway through the corner, and the Viper came out the other side, bang on the racing line, no fuss, no drama. Understeer? Not a whiff of it. Oversteer? If you really really really push. With a touch of handbrake. Actually don't, you'll eat the guardrail :lol:

HOW HAVE YOU DONE THIS?! :lol:

Ok, yes, I'm being unfair to the Americans :lol: but I honestly expected this to be a front end heavy brute which required manhandling, but it just doesn't. This thing munches corners just as well as it munches straights, and that's damn well. Average times around the 1:19 mark or so, which is pretty fast for me with any car with similar PP. Another job impeccably done :)

Oh and I LOVE the exhaust note when it drops below 5500rpm or so, a throaty baritone warble that can be heard from miles away...

Another quick one - namely the final of your current pre R35 contenders - the Mine's Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1. It looks a bit more serious than the others right from the box, with many of the components (aero, fully customizeable suspension, sport softs, LSD...) already fitted, and truth be told, it was only the gearbox, transfer case and turbo that needed adding.

I thought I went for the Tuner championship (A-Spec) but turns out I went only for the individual Suzuka race there (for a start). The first surprise was how slow the car felt. It was hardly any faster on the starting straight than the others and would really feel glacial, if you were not following the speedo. The braking distances also appear very much longer than something from the R35 variety, at least subjectively.

In the curves you still do not lose the impression that the thing reacts slowly even though you are passing the rest of the field left right and centre. What I am trying to say is that the car, at least to me, felt very much slower than it is, when looking at the laptimes.

But this does not make the car bad - not at all. It is definitely effective at obliterating the opposition of a similar PP ratio.

It also has some other useful characteristics. In the dry on tracks like Suzuka, it will not kick its tail out no matter how hard you try. It also has a habit of winning, which is hard to fault. ;)

At Suzuka you do find out some other traits (that are not so apparent at GVS). It is very reulctant to turn under throttle, so it is more of a full gas, full brake device (no surprises Greycap? ;)). The front, in spite of some real downforce does not have the grip that you would wish and the car will understeer somewhat if you do not let the front find the way first, before applying full throttle.

If you brake a bit earlier than you naturally feel necessary, and are very positive and early with turn in (no throttle), it does become faster and faster.

On GVS the car changes subtly and for the better. It is still effective but now you could on occassion get the tail to play a tiny bit. As a matter of effectiveness, though, the car is hard to beat. I managed a time within two seconds of your posted best on my second lap and kept the car there almost naturally thereafter.

It could still do with a bit more front end bite but overall it grips fantastically, goes fast (while appearing to stand practically still) and can practically not be perturbed. 👍 Definitely one for endurance events :)

HOW HAVE YOU DONE THIS?! :lol:
*read in a Homer Simpson voice* maaaaagic...

Nah, just a different way of thinking than what everyone else has. Stiff and low isn't always the way to go even with monsters like this. It's a really great handling car as long as one can forget that it's a Viper and throw all the prejudice into the trash can, admittedly the stereotype of Americans being unable to build cars that actually turn isn't much off but the ACR is one of the few they really got right. The acceleration is second to just about none and while the cornering might seem a bit reluctant it has to be remembered that it's doing 50 km/h more than most others at the end of the straights.
What I am trying to say is that the car, at least to me, felt very much slower than it is, when looking at the laptimes.
That pretty much sums it up. It doesn't feel like much more than an normal road GT-R but the clock says that it's giving supercars a very hard time - even on fast courses like GVS where it can't use its cornering capabilities to full effect. In mid speed cornering there aren't many road cars that can touch it but, again, it feels like you're driving to the grocery store.

That pretty much sums it up. It doesn't feel like much more than an normal road GT-R but the clock says that it's giving supercars a very hard time - even on fast courses like GVS where it can't use its cornering capabilities to full effect. In mid speed cornering there aren't many road cars that can touch it but, again, it feels like you're driving to the grocery store.

A very apt summary from its creator :D I guess if the others actually felt how you do, the car would be seriously underestimated ;)

Out of curiosity, are any of the R33s planned, or do you have an aversion towards them?

Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 PAE '89

424 bhp, 458 Nm, 1315 kg, PP 500
Painted in Sophia White from Mitsubishi

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Advan RG II, finished in Sophia White from Mitsubishi
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Torque Distributing Centre Differential
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost: around 200.000 Cr

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 200
Ballast Position: 50

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 2.461
2nd: 1.766
3rd: 1.400
4th: 1.165
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.862
Final Gear: 4.000

Max speed: 240 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 5 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 15 / 30
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 35 / 65

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): 0 / 0
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 5.5 / 5.0
Dampers (Extension): 9 / 6
Dampers (Compression): 4 / 6
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 1.5 / 1.5
Toe Angle: 0.00 / -0.20

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 7 / 5

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

While the combination of a 4G63 engine and a four wheel drive system is now well known to everyone thanks to propelling nine generations of Lancer Evolutions through a journey that took nearly two decades it actually began life much earlier in the Starion and for the first time became a properly working package in the Galant VR-4, the ancestor of all Evolutions.

The model we have here today carries the extra designation PAE, borrowing the idea from the superlative Evo VI TME but commemorating the late Pentti Airikkala, one of only three men to win a WRC (well, actually Group A but using the new name for clarity) event in a Galant. It takes the engine power, drivetrain effectiveness and weight balance to a completely new level and finally shows what the graceful Galant really was capable of - two decades too late but hey, better late than never. The old lady can certainly put up a fight against all her grandchildren on a level playing field and show that being phased out doesn't always depend on sub-par performance.

Toyota Celica GT-Four JKE'86

353 bhp, 381 Nm, 1310 kg, PP 479
Painted in Super White II from Toyota

Clickable for full size

Parts to fit:
Oil Change
New Wheels, Enkei JS+M, finished in Original colour
Chassis Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customizable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Overall cost:~200k

Weight Adjustment Ballast
Ballast Amount (kg): 186
Ballast Position: 50

Transmission

Note: First, reset the gearbox to the default settings, then set the Max speed, and only then set the gear ratios.

Gear Ratios
1st: 3.150
2nd: 2.100
3rd: 1.550
4th: 1.225
5th: 1.000
6th: 0.850
Final Gear: 4.100

Max speed: 260 km/h

Fully Customizable LSD
Initial Torque: 10 / 10
Acceleration Sensitivity: 10 / 10
Braking Sensitivity: 5 / 5

Front / Rear Torque Distribution: 20 / 80

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment (mm): -20 / -20
Spring Rate (kgf/mm): 8.0 / 4.0
Dampers (Extension): 10 / 8
Dampers (Compression): 2 / 8
Anti-Roll Bars: 7 / 2
Camber Angle (-): 2.3 / 1.0
Toe Angle: -0.50 / -0.50

Brake Balance Controller
Brake Balance: 2 / 8

Driving Options
ASM: Off
TCS: 0
ABS: 1

And here's a Toyota from the very same era. While it's down on power and torque, it makes this deficiency up with dashing good looks of a sleek coupe body, which also was first AWD turbo nutter from Toyota. Peaky 80's turbo tech is still there, but it has been massaged to the extreme, nearly doubling the performance. And just like the Mitsubishi, Toyota has an unsung hero, and he is called Juha Kankkunen. Hence why this vehicle is named JKE - Juha Kankkunen Edition. And make no mistake.. In this car, a Scandinavian Flick can be your best friend without killing you.

Last edited:
hey my Mad Finn tuners! I was just taking part in Budget Car Challenge by Airrider,(been around for about a year) and thought you guys might want to take part. I'm sure you guys have seen the thread before but Im having so much fun doing it I felt obligated to invite you guys!

Edit: Why the heck am I inviting you guys!
you'll come over and paste me to the wall!
VTiRoj does that anyway, but still if your doing my comp. tuning your car the less time you have to tune MY cars!

I'm so shortbus!

Another quick one - namely the Alfa 155 TI DTM '93. After returning from my long absence playing GT5 and seeing that you guys have made one, this ranked fairly high on the list of cars I wanted to try out. Sadly, it took me a while before I could source one and then another while before I again had time to get to it.

But here goes. I tried it in contrast to its Opel Calibra arch nemesis from Greycap (only right), to have a real basis of comparison. As the old DTM seasonals are already gone, there were not many races I tried but did some iterations of the Nordschleiffe and the Cape Ring from A-Spec.

So what is the beast like? For a start, nothing like the Calibra. Sure, it has excellent grip and traction and the puny torque from the 2.5l V6 will never worry the rear wheels in the dry, as long as you keep to the track. In spite of this it is a trickier beast to drive in my opinion. The key to being fast is judging corner entry speeds - overdo them and lifting only makes the situation worse (no trail braking for me yet). The same goes for corner exit - too quick on the throttle and the car simply understeers.

Having said that, it also manages to be much more lively than the Calibra (which suffers much less from the understeer phenomenon in my hands). Very true to the national character of the car, it is pretty much like a too eager terrier pup, something like the first Abarth 500 US commercial, to the Calibra's president of the old Bundesbank demeanor. :)

So it is incredibly darty when making small corrections (maybe different with a wheel), meaning it is definitely fun, in a slightly less controlled way than the brutally efficient Calibra.

I also found it to work much better on the smooth concrete of Cape Ring than the bumpy variety of the Nordschleiffe, where understeer is not a factor but the deviations from the line and occassional off-track excursions are.

In the end it is a car that will be similarly fast to the Calibra in the hands of a committed expert on a good lap and will certainly take you longer to master but will probably neither provide you with the relaxed ride, nor to the 0.1 sec consistent lap times of the Calibra in an endurance race.

Still, with the 4 exhausts individually hanging off the back (in my eyes one of the cooler looking vehicles in GT5) and the very lively handling when not understeering, it is a car one simply cannot bypass. 👍

Probably due the difference of controllers you experience understeer, since as you can see from the screenshots of the car, it is very much oversteery in my hands. Or perhaps it's just aware that I'll hit it with an axe if it doesn't follow my steering input to the letter! :lol:

Hello, mad guys from the cold parts of Europe! I'm here to make a review of one of your cars, so here we go:

Ferrari 458 Challenge Stradale by Leonidae

Alright, so here we are. I was familliar with MFT's work back in GT4 days, but this is the first time that I drive one of their GT5 tunes. The car I choose is the 458 Italia, a car that although being a great supercar from the factory, it didn't impressed me at all. MFT did a lighter, more powerful version, one to scare the hell out of Porsches. How did it go? Pretty damm well. The car is a lot more faster, but it is also far more composed. Braking power is super efficient, ensuring you have the right speed when that corner approaches. On low speed corners, you need to control the throttle a bit to avoid sliding, nothing too dangerous. But if you let the car go, well, so will you. Into a wall. It's almost a race car, with steady cornering, high speed, and equally high accel. A great car overall, I enjoyed the great work behind it. Great job, MFT. You haven't lost your touch.

Lose our touch? Never. ;) Good thing that you chose 458, since if you had chosen Robin instead, I'd be looking for a CF coffin for you.. :lol: Well, since you're our old customer from GT4, you know the rules. 1 Review = 1 Request.

Lose our touch? Never. ;) Good thing that you chose 458, since if you had chosen Robin instead, I'd be looking for a CF coffin for you.. :lol: Well, since you're our old customer from GT4, you know the rules. 1 Review = 1 Request.

Well, the Robin wasn't that deadly. I only died twice in testing it! :dopey: Old customer? He joined earlier this month. :lol:

And I think it's time I reviewed something for you lot again…it's been too long. Ehh…The R34 looks like a good way to kill myself drive, I'll take that then. :D

Well, I'm thankful you didn't need to spend money on a coffin then.:) As for the request, I was thinking on a 'Vette ZR1 (the Premium one) tune. Nothing too over the top, I was looking for a car that can work with sports tires, with improved handling, to keep up with those pesky Ferraris. If you wish, you can add a few hp to the engine, for that extra fizz.

Well, I'm thankful you didn't need to spend money on a coffin then.:) As for the request, I was thinking on a 'Vette ZR1 (the Premium one) tune. Nothing too over the top, I was looking for a car that can work with sports tires, with improved handling, to keep up with those pesky Ferraris. If you wish, you can add a few hp to the engine, for that extra fizz.

Well, there's one little thing: Our way of doing things is that customer tunes the car to his desired specs and then sends it over for us to tweak. So, I shall add you to my PSN list so we can get on with this. ;)

Well, there's one little thing: Our way of doing things is that customer tunes the car to his desired specs and then sends it over for us to tweak. So, I shall add you to my PSN list so we can get on with this. ;)

Very well, I'll get the car and put on a few parts. I'll only add the removables, so that you can see if there is any non-removables that the car might need. How's that?

I just thought that I would drop you a quick line regarding the Toyota Celica GT-Four JKE'86. What an excellent tune, this vehicle is a joy to drive. Truly brilliant, it handles great. Well done. I hope to see more of these Rally Legends tunes in the future. Thanks again.

hello people, sorry for my English translator google .. I wanted to know if I can ask about a certain car and certain circuit, and if that I could say what the best settings for the car to be fast, for example: Subaru Impreza Rally Car in Eigerd Norwand, which is the latest online trial . With this data is sufficient or need to specify more?:confused:
Thanks in advance and I hope I did well, I don't know exactly how the forum works. I hope I can help.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back