Mad FinnTuners Co. - Finished 081213 - The Final Countdown, 4, 3, 2, 1, OUT!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 1,705 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me interested in the pair of these.

I'm a nut for rally style cars, especially these ones. Not sure if I could live with the fart gag sounds their engines make with the exhausts but I might go ahead and review the pair of them for my reviews.

All I need, of course, is to find a pair of them.

Managed to try the first one of the second generation rally legends posted just recently - namely the Mitsubishi Lancer VR-4 PAE. Having actually conversed with the person after whom the car was named and very much looking forward to a real driving course with him (sadly he prematurely died before I managed to collect the necessary change) I of course really had to try it :)

The posted GVS time also looked very promising, basically one of your fastest 500PP tunes. I tried it at Trial Montain, R246 and finally at GVS to get a good overview.

One thing immediately apparent, when comparing it to say the ITR, is that the PAE is certainly not a 'scalpel'. It is also the type of car that is easy to drive but difficult to drive fast.

It will easily let you win the 500PP seasonals but to achieve times comparable to something like the ITR (or let alone the dark blue French wonder) will take skill, dedication and perseverance. Or maybe just much better driving than mine ;)

So how does it drive? It has good levels of grip overall and will accelerate well out of corners. It will never kick its tail out under power, either. At the same time it does not accelerate as vigorously as the Hondas or the Focus (maybe to do with me using the slushbox), but is also not very far off. You can usually get on the gas a tad sooner, too. At the same time it is not as stable under braking and prone to four wheel drifts when you do not necessarily want them. I.e. they can be avoided if you work hard at it but if you just 'drive it like you stole it' you will see red tyres and the world through the side windows rather often. It will primarily do so if you turn in too early or are still on the brakes while doing so (it also has a natural tendency for the tail to start slowly breaking out under braking from high speeds). The top of hill left right combination at TM just before the last sector time measurement being a particularly tricky spot for the car, for instance.

But it is all also a bit track dependent. At TM, where one would expect it to shine it is significantly slower than the Hondas, Focus or the Scirocco; at R246 it is not quite as fast as the Hondas but pretty much matches the Scirocco, while I did not even manage to get it down to the times of the R32 of the tame variety at GVS. Certainly not 2 seconds off your time in this one :( It seems the skinny tyres also do not allow good sweeping corner speeds, with the front progressively washing out - the last corner at GVS being a prime example. Maybe a more hooligan approach helps ;) Still, beating an AI piloted Ford GT at GVS is no mean feat for a slightly breathed upon rally refugee from the late 80s :D

To be honest it actually reminds me most of the Scirocco. If you get everything right, it will certainly reward with good times (and quite a satisfaction - it is not quite that easy to do in my opinion) but if you are looking for something providing reliable times lap after lap in an endurance event this is probably not it. Maybe it is just the fact that I never had that lesson with Pentti...

Last edited:
Following the Galant (and not always in that order), the Celica JKE. Admittedly both weaker of chest and sleeker of line, it exudes a special kind of 80s charm, and the mid sized foglights give it that subdued hint of aggression.

Anyway, being the third (more or less) 481PP car from your stable, I not only compared it to the Galant but also the Axela and R32. The testing grounds were TM, R246 and GVS, with a DS3 (in case that makes a difference).

Even though it is down on power and PP compared to the Galant, I did not universally find it slower, and even though it is equal to the other two, it also performed differently depending on track.

Overall it has a more modern feel, when compared to the Galant, in spite being a couple of years older. It is nothing like the ITR but it is still a bit sharper than the Mitsubishi. The low fraction of the power being put down through the front wheels and the almost balanced weight distribution lead to a car that understeers a bit less, especially when powering out of corners. The tail will still not kick loose when mashing the throttle but it will at least alter the car's line by a degree or two (nothing needing corrective steering, mind), imbuing it with a degree more of fun.

At the same time it has the same tendency as the Galant to lift-off oversteer at times, even if it is - Toyota typically - more subdued. It is considerably easier to make a good job of the top of the hill left right before the last sector time in TM, for instance.

It is also a bit more of a natural at mastering fast corners, with the front appearing to have a bit more grip than the Galant. It will for instance take the last corner at GVS will full speed (could be a result of the speed being just a tad lower, too).

In any case, the car is lively, effective, good fun but still has a bit of learning curve to get the best times out. It will be more than adequate to win all the 500PP seasonals easily and will also keep stronger AI driven opponents behind (Ford GT shame on you). :)

So, to the times - I found it a bit slower than the Axela at TM but solidly faster than the equally PPd R32. At R246 I found it the fastest of the three, more or less at the level of the Scirocco and the Focus. At GVS I managed a time slightly better than even the Galant, with my time not differing greatly from the posted one, while I was significantly slower than Greycap in the Galant. GVS is also a track, where my R32 times are best of the three, also to do with the fact that I have most experience with the car there.

So there it goes - a very effective and fun 80s throwback. Not quite as different to drive from a more modern car as the Galant but still period correct. Overall, in my opinion mission definitely accomplished 👍

Last edited:
Managed to try the first one of the second generation rally legends posted just recently - namely the Mitsubishi Lancer VR-4 PAE. Having actually conversed with the person after whom the car was named [...]
Wow.

For the handling of the car, before release I actually said to Leo something along the lines of "it's one of those cars in which the driver has to make a firm decision about the direction taken or it'll go anywhere but there" and seemingly I wasn't much wrong. The tail breaking loose was an intended feature to get the nose pointing to the right direction so the throttle could be floored earlier, my driving style including a heavy dose of trail braking naturally having influenced the behaviour. This way it can be driven deeper into the corner at higher speed and accelerated out as soon as the braking ends. When entering fast corners without lifting it usually takes a bit of a throw to initiate the turn-in, after that the tail usually brings itself round well enough. It might well be a result of using the DS3 as you can only turn the wheels as much as the game allows but those situations necessitate more.

Following the Galant (and not always in that order), the Celica JKE. Admittedly both weaker of chest and sleeker of line, it exudes a special kind of 80s charm, and the mid sized foglights give it that subdued hint of aggression.

Anyway, being the third (more or less) 481PP car from your stable, I not only compared it to the Galant but also the Axela and R32. The testing grounds were TM, R246 and GVS, with a DS3 (in case that makes a difference).

Even though it is down on power and PP compared to the Galant, I did not universally find it slower, and even though it is equal to the other two, it also performed differently depending on track.

Overall it has a more modern feel, when compared to the Galant, in spite being a couple of years older. It is nothing like the ITR but it is still a bit sharper than the Mitsubishi. The low fraction of the power being put down through the front wheels and the almost balanced weight distribution lead to a car that understeers a bit less, especially when powering out of corners. The tail will still not kick loose when mashing the throttle but it will at least alter the car's line by a degree or two (nothing needing corrective steering, mind), imbuing it with a degree more of fun.

At the same time it has the same tendency as the Galant to lift-off oversteer at times, even if it is - Toyota typically - more subdued. It is considerably easier to make a good job of the top of the hill left right before the last sector time in TM, for instance.

It is also a bit more of a natural at mastering fast corners, with the front appearing to have a bit more grip than the Galant. It will for instance take the last corner at GVS will full speed (could be a result of the speed being just a tad lower, too).

In any case, the car is lively, effective, good fun but still has a bit of learning curve to get the best times out. It will be more than adequate to win all the 500PP seasonals easily and will also keep stronger AI driven opponents behind (Ford GT shame on you). :)

So, to the times - I found it a bit slower than the Axela at TM but solidly faster than the equally PPd R32. At R246 I found it the fastest of the three, more or less at the level of the Scirocco and the Focus. At GVS I managed a time slightly better than even the Galant, with my time not differing greatly from the posted one, while I was significantly slower than Greycap in the Galant. GVS is also a track, where my R32 times are best of the three, also to do with the fact that I have most experience with the car there.

So there it goes - a very effective and fun 80s throwback. Not quite as different to drive from a more modern car as the Galant but still period correct. Overall, in my opinion mission definitely accomplished 👍

So let me get this straight.. In your hands, my less powerful JKE Celica is equally fast/faster as/than higher HP/PP models from us? :odd: In that case, I'd indeed say that mission accomplished. :lol: Thanks for the excellent analysis of the car. Keep up the good work, buddy! 👍

Pagani Zonda CRS'02

852 bhp, 1029 Nm, 1240 kg, PP 633

I finally found one of these today... Albeit not the 7.3 '02 version, but the '00 one, but its close enough right? Right? :lol: (I will do this tune justice once the '02 pops up in the UCD)

Tuned up, the figures looked promising. So I took it out to Madrid again.

Off the line, this thing caught the 11th place Arta NSX within seconds, and proceded to pass another 2 cars before I started turning in for the hairpin. However, this car's turn in is simply astonishing, and I passed another car through the corner. Down towards the shallower hairpins, the car excelled yet again, no hint of understeer at all. I was having a great time, until...

Eat guardrail. A touch of power too soon, and I ended up with a tankslapper that slammed me into the wall. It was then I realised this was no GT-R with tons of grip, this was a lairy machine that demanded you drive it with respect. So, gingerly I admit, I drove it around for the last 3 laps without too much incident, some oversteer issues here and there, but no munching of walls. It was unstable under braking too, brake too hard and your rear slides out one way, forcing you to correct it to take the best line into the corner.

Despite the tail being happy, I managed to clock a 1:19:2xx, which is fast for me on Madrid, that's Corvette RM levels of pace, and considering that lap was nowhere near clean, with the back end sliding everywhere, this thing is undeniably fast.

All in all though, a pretty fantastic tune, this is possibly the best handling car for corner entry I've driven so far. Corner exit however... Let's just say keep that foot away from the accelerator until you're not turning any longer. :lol:

And that, dear friend, is how you drive a real hypercar. With fearful respect.

Ferrari 458 Challenge Stradale'09

689 bhp, 623 Nm, 1232 kg, PP 605
Painted in Blu Abu Dhabi from Ferrari

Clickable for full size

I tried this tune at spa and this thing is mega fun now.it still oversteers but it so controllable and it got no understeer.it got some power and good grip.i love this tune

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a quick review of the Lexus LFA '10 Shinden from memory - been a week since I did the testing but the memories have been etched deeply enough that my memory should hopefully not fail ;)

If you were thinking something along the lines of the NSX, the GT-R or some other fast machinery to emerge from Japan during the last 20 years or so, think again. It is a completely different beast, more to do with a fire spitting monster than a clean or even slightly messy but very effective machine.

From the description I assume it is not solely the DS3 or my driving technique that makes it a car to be driven carefully rather than (alternate) pedal to the metal style.

The acceleration is of the Millenium Falcon type and it makes similar sounds, too. If there is a car to drive with the sound on, this is definitely it. :) The brutal acceleration is best enjoyed in a straight line, with corner exits being at least much more consistently quick, if throttle is applied more gradually (unless you are after consistently hitting a wall or gravel very quickly). This is one aspect that will give the car good lap times, even if you have to drive it much more gingerly in the twistier sections than something like Greycap's Spoon NSX or your GT-R Spec V.

It is certainly very far from novice friendly, with strong punishment being meted out if you ask too much of the fronts too soon, or (sometimes immediately afterwards) of the rears, while the car is still not pointing in the direction of the fronts. One cannot say that the car little front end grip, it is just often not sufficient for the forces the V10 brings to bear, pushing it wide. At the same time, a determined throttle application will produce subsequent oversteer with lightning speed, requiring pretty sharp reflexes to keep it pointing in the right direction, or at least minimizing the effects of the developing tankslapper.

I tried it against the Super GT cars at R246 but quickly gave up in frustration - it is fast enough in the straight line to run with the opponents, and certainly makes up enough time to compensate for the lacking downforce and overall grip in the twisties but I just did not have it in me to produce ten relatively clean laps required for a sensible result. At GVS I felt the car had much more to give, and it will give more, when I have time to practice and to really wring a bit more out of it. For the moment a committed lap is about 3 seconds slower than a cautious one, the committed one having some bodywork vs concrete / steel plank inevitably included.

If you treat it like a pre-computer era bona fide supercar, understand when, how hard and how fast to apply the throttle, much can be extracted out of it. If you try the drive it like you stole it school, there is a world of broken carbonfibre awaiting instead.

It will certainly remain a challenge for a bit and while you may very well give up in frustration, you will unlikely abandon it due to the easy, boring driving nature it does not have ;)

Ok, time for another review:

Fiat 1200 Abarth by Leonidae

Ah, the modern day Fiat 500. I don't really like this car in stock guise, because it isn't as fun as a Mini or a Civic. It's just too weak to be any good. But what happens when MFT get their hands on one? Italo-finn madness, of course! Power has gone up from the pathetic 2 digit number into 200-plus hp, which is a lot. Sure, the exhaust has been left standard, and there is no ECU modification, which shows there is still room for more power, if needed. I like those neat looks, the spoiler and those front and rear lips fit the car well, and gives it that sporty edge over the OG one.

What 'bout driving? Surprisingly good! The car is as lively as it can be, along with the super sharp steering. That combo delivers some fun and games, and great perfomance too. I had a go on TM, and the car delivered the goods. It was super smooth all the way, and the cornering was crisp, with no oversteer whatsoever. That said, some people have shown that the car can go sideways, but that didn't happen with me. Maybe you need to open the taps a whole lot more to get that effect, or maybe I was driving like an F1 driver. Also, the sound when the car changes gears is great, gotta love that whizz sound of the turbo when it shifts up or down. A nice soundtrack to go along with the smiles you're going to get after driving this. This is a real Abarth car, with mad power, swift handling and lovely sound. This is indeed, a supermini.

Slowly going through the Nissan roster, one of the few missing was the Autech Micra 230 RS '07. I was always a fan of the detailing of that generation March / Micra, as it both did not take itself very seriously and was typically Japanese at the same time. Shoehorning more than 230 bhp into one just sounds such a fun idea, too ;)

I have tried it on TM first, as that was the only 500PP seasonal where I felt confident that it would win. After some exploration on the first lap it all fell into place. Sure, you cannot expect it to fly down the straights with quite as much vigour as the 500PP brethren but it loses little in the corners.

I was surprised at how planted the front was and how bravely the Micra resisted understeer, given that it had almost twice the base power. It also carries all the speed it can muster for the whole section before the first tunnel, something not all cars will manage 👍 Same goes for the last chicane, just before getting back to the start finish straight. It really comes through there at speeds one would not think possible. The real shocker overall was the lap time on TM, which was just a whisker over that of the R32. I suppose the light weight and better P/W ratio, combined with the absence of real high speed sections saw to that. It is not to say the Micra is inherently faster, just that a well driven Micra may be a problem for an averagely well driven R32 👍

It is definitely a berserk type of car, where maximum attack pays off, you can brake late, get on the power early and the car does not seem to punish you for it in any way. Full throttle on corner exit will more often tuck the nose in than let it wash wide, making it fairly effective for novice drivers.

As such a very good fun small car :)

A couple of other comments. Could you recheck the gear ratios, as they do not seem achievable in my case - the culprit being the 5th gear, where I can only get it to 0.820. It also does not require to make the first two gears as long as possible (which is almost always the case with your cars), so maybe the top speed or final ratio has a typo. Same goes for weight reduction - to get to your stated weight and PP ratio one needs the 3rd stage, not the first only.

That little shopping trolley was certainly a surprise when it came to cornering speeds, as long as you have your foot on the rightmost pedal. It just didn't want to turn in under braking but actually that might be changed now, it was made at the time of v1.11 and many cars became noticably different at the time of v2.0 so perhaps something has happened.

Being a v1.11 car also made me wonder if it was tuned earlier and the gearing was affected by the change in available ratios in v1.10 but no, I just checked it and everything works as it should. No idea what happened there but you should be able to set the gearbox as shown. The weight reduction problem is clear though, that was a mistake by me and has been corrected.

Ok, time for another review:

Fiat 1200 Abarth by Leonidae

Ah, the modern day Fiat 500. I don't really like this car in stock guise, because it isn't as fun as a Mini or a Civic. It's just too weak to be any good. But what happens when MFT get their hands on one? Italo-finn madness, of course! Power has gone up from the pathetic 2 digit number into 200-plus hp, which is a lot. Sure, the exhaust has been left standard, and there is no ECU modification, which shows there is still room for more power, if needed. I like those neat looks, the spoiler and those front and rear lips fit the car well, and gives it that sporty edge over the OG one.

What 'bout driving? Surprisingly good! The car is as lively as it can be, along with the super sharp steering. That combo delivers some fun and games, and great perfomance too. I had a go on TM, and the car delivered the goods. It was super smooth all the way, and the cornering was crisp, with no oversteer whatsoever. That said, some people have shown that the car can go sideways, but that didn't happen with me. Maybe you need to open the taps a whole lot more to get that effect, or maybe I was driving like an F1 driver. Also, the sound when the car changes gears is great, gotta love that whizz sound of the turbo when it shifts up or down. A nice soundtrack to go along with the smiles you're going to get after driving this. This is a real Abarth car, with mad power, swift handling and lovely sound. This is indeed, a supermini.

That little eggshell indeed is a little basket of fun and giggles. And the sound it makes is just perfect for a little hot hatch!

That little eggshell indeed is a little basket of fun and giggles. And the sound it makes is just perfect for a little hot hatch!

Just like the old 500 days, right?:) Back when you had to drive with the hood up to avoid having a hot engine...

Reasonably well. I just spent almost a week in capital since my brothers niece was getting christened and I just got back.. But I did apply a basic setup on it before that and it seems that it has hope to become a car that can be driven.. With caution. :lol:

Reasonably well. I just spent almost a week in capital since my brothers niece was getting christened and I just got back.. But I did apply a basic setup on it before that and it seems that it has hope to become a car that can be driven.. With caution. :lol:

As long it has better handling than the original product, no problem for me.👍

It's been too long, Leo, haven't reviewed anything for ages, so just to make up for that, a short bit on the…

Celica JKE-

This car maybe 4WD, but it sure as hell doesn't seem like it wants to grip. It seems more hellbent on turning its tyres to smoke and being the rally car it has become. This thing is mental in the corners. When you brake hard, the back loosens up and you can feel the thing rotating just like that. In fact, on many occasions, some opposite lock had to be used to stop this thing from hitting the walls. The inner wall. It has the handling to shame cars with more power and more tech than it. At first, it feels cumbersome and not too responsive, then you lift off the throttle and bang, the nose just darts into the apex. Not so violently that the back breaks its hold of the road, but more than aggressive enough to get the tyres smoking. This is a somewhat addictive and very enjoyable practice, just applying some small degrees of opposite lock before getting back on the power. The sensation of the lift off oversteer seems to give it the character lacking from it before the tune.

It's not all perfect, it does still understeer, but that is more driver error than the car, because when you drive this thing correctly, you feel that nothing can possibly go wrong. I have chucked this thing through the first sections of Trial Mountain like a unskilled lunatic and it felt completely rock solid, it didn't feel like it was going to bite back nor suddenly develop a fetish for chasing its backside. It was completely planted and confident, until I screwed it up. Basically put, this car will now tackle the track with complete confidence, and when you're not chasing laptimes, it serves as an extremely good car to enjoy some low powered racing in.

Excellent! Good to hear that this little turbo nutter has gained your attention. And you even know how to drive it properly, it seems.. :D Keep up the good work!

What do you mean by that statement, Leo?! Are you doubting my epically masterful, godlike and unrivaled technique?! :lol: Actually, that's a complete load of dog dirt, as I shall now prove with some more 4WD turbo-nuttery for you today.

Nismo 800R-

This is an odd car to drive at first. Initially, when you turn in, you can't actually feel the car react, it feels reluctant to turn and a bit floaty up front, like the tyres aren't really there. This is then further enforced when you reach mid corner and find yourself quite a distance away from the apex. You think "What the hell is this?!" and promptly lift off in fear. And it's then, and only then, do you see how to drive this car. You need to see that, though you have got godlike power under the bonnet, it doesn't mean that the limits for those sport soft tyres are effected in any way, so you absolutely cannot be ambitious here. If it's pushing wide, you have to lift off, there is no other way around that. Yes, it hurts lap times, but not as much as it will if you let it spear into the wall it was just about to hit. This isn't a very good first impression.

And it doesn't really improve, if I'm honest. It seems to only rotate enough for cornering at speed if you lift off the throttle and coast through the turn. Reasonable, given the sheer power of the thing. Of course, there are methods to making this thing turn that I might not have explored, but of the basic techniques I know to get a car to rotate, this responds well to…ehh…none of them. Trail braking sort of works, and once you get that right it does drive quite a bit better, but it's definitely a car you need skill to handle, and even more to master.

Simply put, this is a very black/white car, you either get it right and blitz the track with the front tyres just about holding up at the end, or you don't. And you die. So while I can't say that I'm as smitten with this as I am with some of your other, less loony cars, I can say that I give this car and those who can actually drive it without understeering into a wall the utmost respect.

Slightly tweaked ZR1 sent to Niku Driver. I added just a little amount of power, from ~680bhp to 733bhp and broke it in. Now it handles in relatively civilized manner, and if necessary, adjust the final gear ratio for more traction.

After my disappointing first encounter with Leo's Nismo 800R, I went back and had a think. And it was then I realised, sometimes, it wasn't the tune, but everything else. I had tested the casr at Trial Mountain, a place for car with relatively moderate power compared to that of the R34s immense 800hp, I mean, by the time the power became of some use, you had to brake already and return to a place where the power just hurts the handling. In other words, it was the wrong place for this car to really excel. So, with this in mind, I set off with it once more, this time to where it was tuned. Grand Valley Speedway, where I'd hope to change my views of the 800R and do it some justice.

Nismo 800R, Take 2

And instantly, things started to look up. The stiff feeling from the steering has all but disappeared when braking into the first bend, and going hard on the brakes will lead to the back loosening up to help aid the turn-in, but never enough to force the back to slide. At this point, I realise where I've gone wrong with it before. I thought this would be a tail happy pseudo racer, where a mere prod of the throttle will tear the tyres apart.

But in reality, its handling is more like that of its TC brother. Stable, easy to drive fast, and will tell you to back off when you pass the limits of grip by means of understeer. It isn't very MFT like, but probably best for the kind of people who take Skylines up to this level of power.

That's not to say that this is an understeering cow. Ohh no, not by any measure. As long as you stay within its limits, it will have all the grip in the world. Despite the 800hp, this is as docile as a car with 400. This car isn't like anything I've driven before. It's more a racing car in terms of feel. Balanced, surefooted, focused on making the driver's life as easy as possible. This really is a car you can be confident with. What it lacks in oversteer and MFT style, it gains in sheer pace and consistency.

This car represents a different type of MFT to the one I know. The MFT I know of the most is the one where lap times take a back seat and fun is priority. This places performance first, and foremost. And if I look at it from this point of view, I have to say, this ain't half bad at all.

Lap Time: 1:55.388 (Not great, but I'm only 2 seconds down on your time Leo!*)

*Yes, yes, I know that you weren't really trying and all and that I was pretty much going as fast as I dared, but that's as close to your time as I'm ever going to get in a MFT car, I reckon.

You have to remember that the laptimes are set by our Stig.. Not me. ;) And if I recall right, I did mention in the introduction of the car that it would let you know when to back off. When I made the car I was thinking of all the new guys who want power without the actual ability to handle the power this car can deliver. So, I gave it slightly flawed handling characteristic at the limit so that the future racing driver would learn the limits of the tyres, the car and most importantly, himself. Sneaky, but it seems to work even on you ;) :lol:

You have to remember that the laptimes are set by our Stig.. Not me. ;) And if I recall right, I did mention in the introduction of the car that it would let you know when to back off. When I made the car I was thinking of all the new guys who want power without the actual ability to handle the power this car can deliver. So, I gave it slightly flawed handling characteristic at the limit so that the future racing driver would learn the limits of the tyres, the car and most importantly, himself. Sneaky, but it seems to work even on you ;) :lol:

I don't know if I should be pleased with that or disappointed…still, it's an achievement! :D Yes you did, but guess who didn't bother reading. Yup, that's me. :lol: It kind of showed, I guess. It was by far one of the easiest MFT cars I drove so far, until I got to the limits, of course, then things got a bit scruffy and panels got dented. But really, to tune a car to pull that kind of trick off correctly, now I sort of see why Mafs, RJ, Roj and everyone else think so highly of you. Not that there was any doubt to begin with, of course.

Carefully now. My ego already matches Vy Canis Majoris in size, no need to stroke it further.. :embarrassed::lol:

Just drove two of your tunes again:

LOTUS ELAN SP2

I was expecting... on the one hand a lot, since this was a light nippy Lotus, on the other hand for it to be a bit sluggish due to the lack of power.

This didn't disappoint. In the 500pp seasonal at the Nurburgring GP/F circuit, this started by out-accelerating the nearest 2 cars by the first hairpin, then proceeded to overtake another while turning. I certainly did not expect it to fly through the next long left hander like it wasn't there and proceed to glide through the subsequent hairpin. This thing is FANTASTICALLY good! It's so responsive to every touch and when the back end does come loose (fairly easily) it's great fun to just floor the power and slide it through the corner.

This changed my perception on how responsive a car could be and how well it could handle, I ended up OVERTURNING several times, that's how good this Elan is.

Following that, I bought the Nissan 240RS from the OCD, and launched it into the other 500pp seasonal on Tokyo R246.

This did not disappoint either. A wild ride through the first 90* right hander, flying through opponents, and powersliding the chicane after. The rest of the track was much the same story: it may not have been fast but this was the most fun I had had in a while :)

Some understeer issues crept in after the initial sharp turn-in on corners like the long hairpin near the beginning, and the car began to wallow a bit, but I'm sure this can be dialled out with further testing and driving...

Two great fun tunes, best session of GT5 I've had in a long time :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back