Clockwork Photography - 17/4 - Volkswagen Nardo Concept '01

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 81 comments
Eeeeyup, that's all paint.net. The light speed one consisted of a lot of C4D fractals, and the AJ one used Alpha Mask quite a bit. I use a couple plugins, and I'll be happy to write up some tutorials or send you my copy of paint.net when my computer gets back up and running

Dayum! :lol: Too bad I have no idea what C4D fractals are. About the tutorials/Sending of Paint.NET I don't mind go for the one easier for you. (When you get your computer back)

I've decided to enter the Photomode Competition this week. I chose the Esprit for it.

The picture I chose:
7062203733_4e2f6d2559.jpg

The Rejects:
6916122692_8efc86292c.jpg

6916123734_533ac8c03f.jpg

7062204765_dce9af16e4.jpg

6916124620_c8448c8ecd.jpg

I followed Gtuned's advice in this set I edited every picture in Paint.NET so if it isn't up to par with my other sets blame him. :lol: (Actually don't blame him that would be silly :P) Anyway..... The Ford GT40 Race Car is a very iconic vehicle among automotive fans. It won LeMans 4 times. After the negotiations of Ford buying Ferrari failed they decided to produce a car to rival the Ferrari 330 P4. The GT40 Race Car was a very popular.
Please leave comments & criticism.
(Click for full size.)

I didn't know they added a Premium GT40 to GT5! Or is it just that your photography skills are that good? Either way, fantastic job, as always. :sly:👍

:drool:

Awesome picture

I was surprised with the quality of that picture because of the poor detail of the GT40. Most of the pictures did come out well though.

The Second Picture is just soooo good :drool:

Thank you, I think the small amount of noise really does alot for that picture.

Edit: which preview looks better (same image, different image host)
Flickr: (300MB Bandwidth a month)
6919522036_e40ed5f3a6_z.jpg

Imgur: (Unlimited Bandwidth)
RLidq.jpg

Last edited:
The FT-86 II Concept is a very amazing looking car in my opinion. I prefer it over both the GT-86 and the original FT-86 it's just to bad that there is no G Sport edition. :( These pictures are combined styles of modern and more classic in photography (no Black & white/ Sepia though). I hope you enjoy these photos. Please leave your comments & criticism below.
(Click for full size)

Number 9 is my fail attempt at a Panorama style. :lol:

Xperimental #1
Xperimental #2

The one under the Grand Valley Bridge is beautiful, as is the wheel shot.
The Panorama isn't bad angle wise, but it's blurry...

The one under the Grand Valley Bridge is beautiful, as is the wheel shot.
The Panorama isn't bad angle wise, but it's blurry...

For the Grand Valley Speedway shot you can thank HDR for that and for the Wheel shot i've decided to do something different because being honest wheel shots are very common so I added a small bit of glow to give a bit of a unique style.

Yes i'll read up a couple of Panorama tutorials and i'll hopefully do a better job at my second time. :D

Last edited:
Yes i'll read up a couple of Panorama tutorials and i'll hopefully do a better job at my second time. :D

Actually I don't think that will be happening... I've tried for hours to get a nice panorama picture but it keeps coming out all broken up and I can't get the pictures to line up correctly. :(

Actually I don't think that will be happening... I've tried for hours to get a nice panorama picture but it keeps coming out all broken up and I can't get the pictures to line up correctly. :(

I liked experiment 1.

Who knew that purple looked so good on a 200,000 dollar supercar. I love this car it drives very well but is also a stunner to look at (but it isn't as sexy as the 458 Italia). I also realise that taking pictures at SSR 7 is not an easy task due to the icky yellow tint on the track. I did like the snow though even if it is a glitch. (Also no HDR in these pictures this time.)
Please leave comments and criticism below
(Click on picture for 1080p)

(A better attempt at Panorama. Click on it for 6594x1080)

(I used Imgur instead of Flickr for the previews this time.)

Last edited:
This is a very unique car as unlike any other car before it. The car had two engines (2 3.0 Litre V6's) which turned into a W12 6.0 Litre engine. Even though the Nardo was not brought into production the engine was used in later cars such as the Veyron (2 V8's) and the Continental GT. I think for a standard car it looks kind of good and the styling is unique for a Volkswagen design.
Please leave comments and criticism below.
(Click for full size.)

Last edited:
just curious,how did you get those interior shots. sorry for the noob question.

Gtuned put up a tutorial on how do it on Photomode but I can't seem to find it anywhere and I don't even know if it works anymore since I no longer have GT5. Maybe he might be able to direct you to the thread.

SVX
Wow, first two are fantastic. :drool:👍

Thanks SVX, I think I have one more set to update the gallery with somewhere on my computer... after that i'll probably start a Photomode Gallery on FMPlanet in a couple of weeks.

Back