200pt A-spec races

• Thread starter route_66
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Try putting the ballast balance at about at about +20. It should make it less tail happy.
nige

AMG.
Answer:
Midget IID on S2, 130ballast,NOS,TRclutch,RCflywheel,003, 200 points each race. Lineup sorry, didnt record that.

Question:
GV in French champ.
A car capable of 200 points in Grand Valley.
I do not want to hear the A310 again.

That thing needs to be banned. I have a better chance of winning it driving in reverse. At least the tail will be in front which it seems to prefer in the 1st place. I've been trying for a good 4 hours and usually end in 6th place. Oh golly, that really makes me happy :grumpy:
(or I need to figure out how to drive that $%#@ thing, I'm open to suggestions)

GrumbleBear aka AMG.

A used Clio V6 '00, a tuned Avantime or maybe a 205t16 road car - all of which are heavier by quite some distance than your main competition.

nige
Try putting the ballast balance at about at about +20. It should make it less tail happy.
nige

I tried that and have also tried different settings.

Noob (=me) thinking:
If car is tail happy it's because the front is lighter than the rear therefore it will try to overtake itself.
To compensate for that I load cement bags in front of car so "rear" matches "front" in weight making car more neutral.

I would therefore set it to - 25 or even -50.
You're' suggesting to put more weight in the rear? if I understand correctly.
Please enlighten me here....

Edit: thx famine, will give that a try over the weekend.

AMG.

AMG.

Noob (=me) thinking:
If car is tail happy it's because the front is lighter than the rear therefore it will try to overtake itself.
To compensate for that I load cement bags in front of car so "rear" matches "front" in weight making car more neutral.

AMG.

As I understand it, although I may be wrong, putting minus ballast balance makes it easier to turn, which on the A310 you don't want because it turns itself. Putting a + ballast balance, balances it up so the whole car becomes more stable. This is how it feels to me although as I said I may be completely wrong. It seemed to work for me when I tried it. I'm sure somebody will prove me wrong as I'm no expert in these technical matters. With me it's trial and error!!
Nige

AMG.
Answer:
Midget IID on S2, 130ballast,NOS,TRclutch,RCflywheel,003, 200 points each race. Lineup sorry, didnt record that.

The 003, that refering to ASM/ASM/TCS?

Ok so above settings (with NOS at 75-25)

Race 1 - 182pts offered, won
Race 2 -
When offered 184pts, couldn't get close to the Honda Beat, never less then 6 seconds ahead
When offered 200pts, got closer but still couldn't touch the lead Copen at 4 seconds minimum gap.
Race 3 - 194pts offered, won

<_Spike_>
The 003, that refering to ASM/ASM/TCS?

Yes, 003 refers to ASMTCS,
Seems that you're getting better results. 👍
Now it's a matter of finding the right lineup for 200 and re-run until won. It may kill your winning ratio though.

AMG.

It's looking better, I'll have another bash later *is trying to 200pt the NY Endurance in the Elise 190...so far a stunning and exciting race*

AMG.

Noob (=me) thinking:

AMG.

AMG

Got the PM.

OK if you are trying to use ballast to ballance a RR car, then yes you would put the ballast towards the front of the car (slider to the left), just as Porsche did with a number of the '80s 911s, they stuck lead weights in the front bumper!!

However this does cause a slight problem in that the bulk of the cars weight is now at the two extreme ends of the car. This can result in a car that will understeer and then sanp to oversteer as the load transfers.

RR are notouriously difficult to balance like this, and adapting your driving style is unfortunatly a requirement, slow in and fast out is the only real way to approach it.

I know you are going for 200pts races here so mods are limited, but you may find help in this set-up I did quite a while ago for BESTuners.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2063234&postcount=311

Its been quite a while since I drove the car, but if I remember it was quite pleasant. Have a look and see if you can use anything from it.

Hope that helps a bit.

Regards

Scaff

AMG.
I do not want to hear the A310 again.

GrumbleBear aka AMG.

@ Scaff, Thx for your (PM) help. I am retracting the above words.
With your settings this car is fun to drive. 👍
At least the rear wheels are staying where they're supposed to stay. It still breaks out a little and I have yet to win GV with it for 200, but losing the race at this moment brings a big smile to my face.
Now I just have to get used to it more and practice. I feel much more confident in obtaining the remaining 37 points.

AMG.

AMG.
@ Scaff, Thx for your (PM) help. I am retracting the above words.
With your settings this car is fun to drive. 👍
At least the rear wheels are staying where they're supposed to stay. It still breaks out a little and I have yet to win GV with it for 200, but losing the race at this moment brings a big smile to my face.
Now I just have to get used to it more and practice. I feel much more confident in obtaining the remaining 37 points.

AMG.

Glad you like them, I gave the car a go again tonight and it brought a smile to my face as well.

I was about as best I could get with the car, but given the massive rear weight bias I don't think you could do much more.

Regards

Scaff

What car have you used to win the Endurance Race at Super Speedway at 200 A-spec points??

Allso, what is the total A-spec points you can get in GT4??

You gain these in every mission at the mission hall, as there are 34 missions, they are 250X34=8500 A-spec points to gain there . You can re-do them but you will not gain the points.

When racing normally out of the mission hall, you can gain a maximum of 200 points 👍

In totaly, you can get quite much points.

Let's say there are a total of 200 races without the mission in GT4. In each race, you can have a maximum to gain of 200 A-spec points. That means that after doing those 200 races and you maxed them all at 200 points, you'd have 40.000 A-spec points. Them count up the missions as well, 8500, that's in total 48,500 A-spec points.

Now you only have to count all the races in GT4 and do it like this way, do not forget to also include special conditions and manufacturer cups 👍

Hmmm...ok so Lightweight K Cup (still). I boosted Races 1 and 2 points from 182 to 200 and 194 to 200 respectively (put Nitro to 100% power and ballast at 200). Tough though, but I still can't get over this Tsukuba circuit one, I can get offered the magic 200 and similar offerings, but I can never get closer. Any other settings I should know about? Less ballast with the right line up for instance?

100%TrueGTRazer
What car have you used to win the Endurance Race at Super Speedway at 200 A-spec points??

Have a look at post #1, that has several links which may be of use to you.
----------
There are 2 maximum points.
-113100 theoretical
-111813 realistic.
Not all races are capable of yielding 200 points.
Check out https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1596919&postcount=3 for more details

Have a look at the sigs of Route 66, ANK and Slotcarrod.

Edit: @Spike, sorry there cant offer further help other than hang in there and try several lineups. You may need to play a bit dirty. Going for 100.000 will result in learning dirty tactics.

AMG.

Neither Diatsu races can get 200 Points either, sorry if it's been said but who'd want to look through 66 pages of posts?

TVR 350C At Pan Euro and Brittish GT will get 200 Points.

George Morley
Neither Diatsu races can get 200 Points either, sorry if it's been said but who'd want to look through 66 pages of posts?

TVR 350C At Pan Euro and Brittish GT will get 200 Points.

You don't have to, just look at post 1.
And if you're serious enough to max out A spec points, you will unfortunately wade through >1200 posts.

AMG.

100%TrueGTRazer

Sadly enough, I don't think it's possible to do at the Super Speedway Endurance. Maybe 150-180, but I can't imagine 200 A-spec points. There is something weird about this race that requires a car that has requires high HP to circulate the track at a fast speed, but light enough to be gentle on tires. Ballast increases tire wear too much on turns. Low HP and high downforce slows down the car too much on straights. It's a rather annoying conundrum. Partial wall-riding is helpful for increasing points, but not for 200 A-spec points.

I've tried a dozen or so cars against many lineups and still I haven't come close.

Good news.

I've finally after an additional 3 hours of retrying
managed to win GV (French Championship) with the A310.

thx Famine for the car 👍
thx Nige for the support 👍
Special thx to Scaff for the setup 👍 👍 👍

The lineup was nr 6 or 7 or 8, I lost track....
Definitely with this lineup
205 RC '03
205 Turbo '85
Megane 2.0 16V '03
R5 Turbo '80
Clio Sport V6 24V '00

Ran the race on N2/N3 added some weight, NOS and all that stuff necessary to use Scaff's set up.

Now off to the Alpine races to see if with this set up will net me more points.
The A310 is behaving well !
--------------------------
Super Speedway Endurance for 200 pts
I concur with Sirberra, I too have tried a number of cars but the best I could do was Audi R8 + 200 ballast for 107 and MoV 1 lap so far.
Since then haven't been able to improve.

AMG.

I've been working through the Special Conditions Hall. I had finished off 200 point races at all of them except for Chamonix Hard and Grand Canyon Hard.

Anyway, I'd been putting off Chamonix Hard -- based on my results at the Ice Arena Hard, I figured I'd be blocking an opponent and driving a defensive line for 5 long laps.

To my very pleasant surprise, Chamonix Hard (forward) was pretty much a breeze. I took my Mitsubishi CZ-3 Tarmac '01 with stock power/weight + oil change + nitrous + 165 pounds ballast + no downforce. Opponent was in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Rally Car '03. 200 A-Spec points offered, and the challenge is on.

Passed him with my 100-shot nitrous at about the 4-5 second mark and he never got close again (and I never touched the nitrous after that). No wallriding involved -- quite a few wall taps, but I basically just raced it clean. Ended up winning by 6.460 seconds; my fast lap was a 2'22.078. Had an 8 second lead at one point, but got sloppy toward the end of the last lap and gave back a bit of it.

On to Chamonix Reverse, then the Grand Canyon I guess...

AMG.
Edit: @Spike, sorry there cant offer further help other than hang in there and try several lineups. You may need to play a bit dirty. Going for 100.000 will result in learning dirty tactics.

AMG.

Ah no worries then, and that's cool, I've learnt plenty when I was a n00b in GT2 lol

AMG.
Good news.

thx Famine for the car 👍

AMG.

Well done and I'm glad that the set-up helped along the way.

Regards

Scaff

AMG.
Good news.

thx Famine for the car 👍

The lineup was nr 6 or 7 or 8, I lost track....
Definitely with this lineup
205 RC '03
205 Turbo '85
Megane 2.0 16V '03
R5 Turbo '80
Clio Sport V6 24V '00

Ran the race on N2/N3 added some weight, NOS and all that stuff necessary to use Scaff's set up.

Now off to the Alpine races to see if with this set up will net me more points.
The A310 is behaving well !
--------------------------
Super Speedway Endurance for 200 pts
I concur with Sirberra, I too have tried a number of cars but the best I could do was Audi R8 + 200 ballast for 107 and MoV 1 lap so far.
Since then haven't been able to improve.

AMG.

AMG- Well done excellent result. Will have to try it myself for 200. MostI got was 190.
nige

100%TrueGTRazer

Here is what i used for Super Speedway endurance for 200 points.

Used Mazda 787b race car no oil change R1 tyres 79 ballast gear ratio set to 13 200 points against this line up

Peugeot 905 race car
Sauber Mercedes C9 race car
Nissan R89C race car
Audi R8 race car
Nissan R92CP race car

Special Conditions

Hard

George V Paris

HELP!

I cannot seem to find a car to get 200 points on this and win, it's frustrating, compounded even more by the fact I only ever seem to get those nigh untouchable Renault 5 and Peugeot 16 Turbos as opponents (and I've cycled through countless times)

<_Spike_>
Special Conditions

Hard

George V Paris

HELP!

I cannot seem to find a car to get 200 points on this and win, it's frustrating, compounded even more by the fact I only ever seem to get those nigh untouchable Renault 5 and Peugeot 16 Turbos as opponents (and I've cycled through countless times)

I used a GSX-R/4 on Super Soft racing tires. I remember it being a bit of a challenge. Obviously, you want to get the lead early and keep it at all costs.

ANK
Here is what i used for Super Speedway endurance for 200 points.

Used Mazda 787b race car no oil change R1 tyres 79 ballast gear ratio set to 13 200 points against this line up

Peugeot 905 race car
Sauber Mercedes C9 race car
Nissan R89C race car
Audi R8 race car
Nissan R92CP race car

Needless to say, I'm impressed. I didn't think it was possible. Wow.

Not saying I can do it, but I'll have to try for it, anyway. I think I already did an oil change on my carbon black 787B, but I could try with more ballast. Darn. With R1s, I guess it should outlast all the other cars in tire wear.

SirBerra
Needless to say, I'm impressed. I didn't think it was possible. Wow.

Not saying I can do it, but I'll have to try for it, anyway. I think I already did an oil change on my carbon black 787B, but I could try with more ballast. Darn. With R1s, I guess it should outlast all the other cars in tire wear.

Same here......

Oh shoot :nervous:, Ank has thrown down the gauntlet. I tried the 787B but failed miserably. Now I've got a real challenge on my hand to retry this.

Ank, you need to visit this thread more often, (we)/ I need your expertise/advice on occasion.👍

Edit:
I have been able to net 125 points in World Classic Cars with a Honda S500 in 3 races
El Cap I won with the Corvette '54 for 200
Nurb 0 points (I dont know this track well enough)

Question 1:
What could I use to improve my points, what setup did you use and what was the lineup.

Question 2:
I have similar issues with European Classics, help appreciated.

I, and possibly others too, just cant find a proper combo due to poor programming by PD.

[pushing his luck]
and dare I ask :nervous:
Question 3: Both mercedes races......

Your suggestions appreciated and if I can reciprocate I wont hestitate.

Oh, and Scaff's settings he's provided in one of his threads for the A310 are:
Spring 7/5.5
Height 115/120
Bound 2/3
Rebound 4/5
Camber 2/1.3
Toe 0/-1
Stabliser 3/2
brake Ctrl 4/3
Auto gear 9

AMG.

Status