Official Playstation Store Thread

• Eye Toy Games:
    • Aqua Vita
    • Operation: Creature Feature
    • Trials of Topoq

• Can you even buy the PS3 Eye yet or are these for the Eye Toy for PS2? Or are they the same thing? If it is a new camera, where is it, how much is it, and why can I only find it with EOJ (10/23)?

EyeCreate Editing Tool
    What's this?

I had not heard of Toy Home before, but this is what Sony describes it as:

Gaming Age has several screen shots of the game. It looks like it could be a lot of fun.
    Not watched the video looked at the screens yet, but didn't Micro Machines make a similar game years ago?

Hello, would one of you be so kind as to make me a Japanese PSN account? Ive tried many times with all the tutorials i can find with know luck, and I dont speak Japanese.

Thanks

Hello, would one of you be so kind as to make me a Japanese PSN account?
And what good would that do you? Any account we create would be good only for us.. it's not like we can zip up the settings and send them to you, you know. It has to be set up on YOUR machine, or not at all.

I also doubt that the tutorials are universally misleading or inaccurate. There are dozens of people on this very forum who have done it. I doubt it's that hard. The only reason I haven't done it myself is because I have no reason to.

actually when you create an account you would just select use an existing account....
Correct. This is how you can get back all your User Accounts if you ever replace your PS3.

I suppose you can use this method to also play your PSN games on someone else's PS3, although it would not be very convenient as you would have to download the games all over again. I also suspect you have to remove that account from your PS3 before activating it on another PS3... That would likely mean you would have to also have to re-download all those games over again. At least that's how I suspect it is handled, otherwise people would be able to steal games by downloading copies to their own PS3's from their friends' PS3 accounts.

As for the weekly updates, only Europe (and the associated stores) have been updated, but two videos were just added to the Hong Kong store, one of which can claim to be the first music video made available on the PS Store... although unless you're a fan of the HK music scene, you won't likely pay it any attention... and personally I found it to be an extremely dull song and video... but it is beautifully captured in 1080p. 👍

The music video is for the single "You are Leaving" by the beautiful singer/actor Elanne Kong, who's latest role was in the action thriller summer hit Invisible Target.

The second video is a "Making of" video for the music video.

Now as you can see...

• No Music Videos???
What is up with that? Sony controls one of the largest libraries of music videos, and they offer movie trailers for download, so bring on the music videos Sony!
...I've been wanting to have HD quality music videos for the PS3 for some time now, but I suspect this is just a rare exception (and it probably didn't hurt any that the PS3 and PSP have product placements in that video).

After all, as I mentioned way back then, not only is it likely that Sony wants to promote music videos through their SingStar franchise, but I bet music publishers are not keen on the idea of offering HD quality music videos as free downloads when they are trying to sell SD quality music videos already.

So for now I must go without music videos on the PS3. :indiff:

07/10/11 UK PS Store Update
(other than pricing, applies to all European, Middle Eastern, Indian, South Pacific, and Australian regions)

• Game Add-ons
    • £3 (€4) Ninja Gaiden Sigma - "Speed Master" (07/09/27 NA Update $3)

• Game Demos
    • Tiger Woods 08 (07/08/30 NA Update)
    • The Simpsons Game (07/10/04 NA Update)

• Game Trailers
    • Pixel Junk Racers (07/09/06 NA Update)
    • Fallout 3 - Teaser Trailer
    • LAIR - "World in Chaos" (07/09/06 NA Update)
    • LAIR - "Mastering the Beast" (07/09/13 NA Update)
    • LAIR - "When Dragons Attack" (07/09/20 NA Update "Going for the Kill" 720p)

• Movie Trailers
    • Men of Honor - Blu-ray
    • Planet of the Apes (2001) - Blu-ray

• Wallpaper
    • Folklore - "Booktease" (07/09/13 NA Update "")
    • LAIR - "Good Dragon" (07/09/20 NA Update "")
    • LAIR - "Bad Dragon" (07/09/20 NA Update "2")
    • Pixel Junk Racers - "Box" (07/09/13 NA Update "2")
    • Pixel Junk Racers - "Neon" (07/09/13 NA Update "")

Check out RCF: ToD right now.

It will make your jaw drop. Nothing on any other platform is as technically impressive right now.
1.6 GB demo as well. :eek:

Speaking of which, here is the official Update for North America:

07/10/11 North American PS Store Update

• Games
    • $10 Everyday Shooter

• Game Demos
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    • Conan
    • NHL 2K8

• Game Trailers
    • Folklore - Launch Trailer
    • Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - BTS 2
    • Fallout 3 - Teaser Trailer

• Movie Trailers
    • Walk Hard - Theatrical
    • The Assiniation of Jesse James - Theatrical
    • Spiderwick Chronicles - Theatrical

• Wallpaper
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD - 3
    • Ratchet & Clank Future: ToD - 4
    • Everyday Shooter

I really want to know more about everyday shooter before I buy it but it looks pretty good. Obviously can't wait to download the TOD demo along with the Fallout3 trailer

After all, as I mentioned way back then, not only is it likely that Sony wants to promote music videos through their SingStar franchise, but I bet music publishers are not keen on the idea of offering HD quality music videos as free downloads when they are trying to sell SD quality music videos already.

So for now I must go without music videos on the PS3. :indiff:
Yet, you would think that the way many of use seem to download anything free just to see what it is (I know I have) it would be a great way to get a new name out. Release one video from their first album before they even get an MTV (wait, do they play music videos anymore?) play. I mean, I see music videos in the "promoted videos" on You Tube.

This could be used well, if done properly.

So, has anyone played the Ski game from last week yet? Is it any good?

And then I would also like to know about Everyday Shooter, because the trailer we got a while back did not impress me.

And does anyone else think an added tab for wallpapers/images in the PS Store would be helpful? It's easy enough to find when they are updated, but even then they are three or four pages into the Featured items.

Yet, you would think that the way many of use seem to download anything free just to see what it is (I know I have) it would be a great way to get a new name out. Release one video from their first album before they even get an MTV (wait, do they play music videos anymore?) play. I mean, I see music videos in the "promoted videos" on You Tube.
Good point, but of course YouTube has lousy video and audio quality, making it a good source for get an idea, but not as an actual satisfying HD high fidelity experience.

MTV Networks now has a dedicated HD channel for music videos, concerts, and award shows shown on their MTV, VH1 and CMT channels. It is called MHD. After you see and hear this videos and concerts in HD you'll never want to see and hear them in SD again... that and as you said MTV, VH1, and CMT rarely show videos anymore, and when they do they are often edited down for time.

The problem though is even though you can record MHD in HD on an HD DVR, you have no control over picking individual videos, and they eat up a lot of space on the DVR. Because they are copy-protected, you can only make copies in SD off the DVR.

Still, I agree that for many, it would be a nice marketing tool, but I suspect considering all the problems the music industry is facing due to the huge rise in piracy, this may be why we are not seeing any main stream HD music videos on PSN.

So, has anyone played the Ski game from last week yet? Is it any good?
Yes, and a no-brainer pick for anyone who enjoyed Alpine Racer when it was in the arcades, or likes to ski, or likes skiing games, or doesn't mind buying a game for the cost of just one gallon of gas (premium US $3... not EU gallon prices! ;)). Heck, I would have been willing to pay twice that amount, it's very fun. 👍

And then I would also like to know about Everyday Shooter, because the trailer we got a while back did not impress me.
It didn't impress me either, and especially for $10. Seemed like Asteroids on LSD to me... or like a remake of Asteroids by Salvador Dalí. :D

And does anyone else think an added tab for wallpapers/images in the PS Store would be helpful? It's easy enough to find when they are updated, but even then they are three or four pages into the Featured items.
Actually if wallpaper has been added, they always bump up the Wallpaper folder to go along with the latest content.

However, it would be nice if the NA store did like the Hong Kong store, and that is to place category folders on the first page of View All. There they have a folder for all the Wallpapers. But at least our store has folders that sort all the content alphabetically for the View All menu, which is quite convenient... and at least we have a View All option, which I believe is still missing from the European stores.

The problem though is even though you can record MHD in HD on an HD DVR, you have no control over picking individual videos, and they eat up a lot of space on the DVR. Because they are copy-protected, you can only make copies in SD off the DVR.
That is until the HD DVR comes out for the PS3. Unless they prevent you from copying those somehow.

Still, I agree that for many, it would be a nice marketing tool, but I suspect considering all the problems the music industry is facing due to the huge rise in piracy, this may be why we are not seeing any main stream HD music videos on PSN.
Honestly, I understand why not free, but Sony could at least sell their own artist's music and videos. Maybe even have a firmware update to allow us to stream a song sample (30 seconds) from the store so we can check out new stuff before we buy it. Heck, I'll take a firmware upgrade just to allow me to stream from the browser without saving to my hard drive.

I keep imagining all this functionality that could be possible. Maybe I dream too much? I just know the PS3 could do so much more and I think it would help justify the price of the system more to people who are reluctant to buy.

Yes, and a no-brainer pick for anyone who enjoyed Alpine Racer when it was in the arcades, or likes to ski, or likes skiing games, or doesn't mind buying a game for the cost of just one gallon of gas (premium US $3... not EU gallon prices! ;)). Heck, I would have been willing to pay twice that amount, it's very fun. 👍
Wow, so I can buy an Alpine Racer kind of game for the cost of one play in the arcade? Sweet! I think if I ever had the opportunity to ski I would like it.

It didn't impress me either, and especially for $10. Seemed like Asteroids on LSD to me... or like a remake of Asteroids by Salvador Dalí. :D
Is it just me or are these analog stick games getting to be pushed out like mini games on the Wii? Honestly, after SSHD none of these have caught my attention.

Actually if wallpaper has been added, they always bump up the Wallpaper folder to go along with the latest content.
Yeah, but it's always at the end of the new stuff, so like four pages in. It hasn't been an issue yet, because like I said I take all the free stuff just to check it out, but I could imagine that if I just wanted to check out the wallpapers I would rather not have to click three or four things to bring it up. I guess I have been spoiled by online stores where all the categories are listed along the top or side, so if I am specifically looking for a certain kind of item I am one click away from that main page.

Of course, if the PS Store were like an online store I would have new things popping up almost daily.

Maybe that is why they haven't tried selling movies and/or music yet. The US store updates on Thursday, but different things come out on different days, like DVD Tuesdays, so that by the time a movie made it on to the PS Store it would already have been out two days.

And now that I think about it we really don't know what kind of no-compete clauses Sony may have with retailers. I'm sure Wal*Mart (or whoever) wouldn't take kindly to us getting an HD movie online direct from Sony when they are trying to sell the same product on Blu-Ray. If we don't have to leave the house then that means we aren't going into Wal*Mart to buy a movie on Tuesday and remembering we need milk and eggs while we are there.

In the case of games, like Warhawk, we got more for buying it on a disc. Granted, the bonus material is horrid, but the stores get a limited edition, or whatever they want to call it, while the online download version is "just" the game. Considering Warhawk initially sold in a bundle retailers had an edge to try and sell us, which worked for me.

I could be completely wrong here, but I could see this kind of thing being brought up in management levels.

I like Every Day Shooter. I've been following the game when i first saw it last year before Sony jumped on it. Its not the same chaos like Super Star Dust or Blast Factor Advanced Research. I played it for a while and every level has a unique chain system so I can't wait to unlock them all. The original game was done by just one person, he even did ll the music. The fact that it started out as an independent game makes it more interesting to see one person's dreams become reality.

I was too sleepy to enjoy Ratchet, I'll try again today. But I've been playing RainbowSix Vegas for PS3 and that game is awesome.

Yeah, but it's always at the end of the new stuff, so like four pages in.
How can that be? Not only is the Featured Items menu limited to 3 pages with ten items/folders per page (where new content is listed in chronological order), but I have never seen an update that took all three pages to fill. For instance this last update, the Wallpaper folder is the 11th item (first item on the 2nd page).

Maybe the store has a different layout if you have the PS3 set to output in 480p?

Can you take a picture of your screen with the store on it, I'm curious why you are seeing something that is apparently very different than what I am seeing.

How can that be? Not only is the Featured Items menu limited to 3 pages with ten items/folders per page (where new content is listed in chronological order), but I have never seen an update that took all three pages to fill. For instance this last update, the Wallpaper folder is the 11th item (first item on the 2nd page).

Maybe the store has a different layout if you have the PS3 set to output in 480p?
That may be it. I have an SDTV, as you can see in my PS3 Setup Thread pic. I get four items per page.

Nevermind then, moot point. This might also explain why occasionally I will hit back (L1) and it goes back two pages.

Can you take a picture of your screen with the store on it, I'm curious why you are seeing something that is apparently very different than what I am seeing.
If I remember after I get home tonight.

That may be it. I have an SDTV, as you can see in my PS3 setup Thread pic. I get four items per page.

Nevermind then, moot point. Thsi might also explain why occasionally I will hit back (L1) and it goes back two pages.

If I remember after I get home tonight.
No need... I just switched my PS3 to 480p... oh my! No wonder you don't like it!!!!

For me it is only showing three items per page instead of ten, so it has ten pages to have to navigate through, and it is also missing the entire right border of the store which not only lists "What's New", but also has quick links to each of the "Top 10 Downloads". makes me wonder what else might be missing.

The other thing it reminded me of is.... how bad 480p looks by comparison! :ouch:

Trust me... start looking for a great deal on a 720p display. You can get brand new ones with HDMI for under $500, and even 1080p ones for under $400 if you don't mind a monitor smaller than 27". You could probably score a killer deal on a used 720p display as well with so many people upgrading to 1080p to take advantage of the low prices right now.

Seriously, while the PS3 in SD still looks a lot better than the PS2, the PS3 in 720p and 1080p widescreen is a huge jump in PQ... and you'll finally get to see and navigate through the PS Store as it is meant to be seen! :)

Trust me... start looking for a great deal on a 720p display. You can get brand new ones with HDMI for under $500, and even 1080p ones for under $400 if you don't mind a monitor smaller than 27".
Did you see my TV? It might be SD but I have grown quite accustomed to it being very large.

Plus, I have other budgetary concerns at the moment.

Everyday Shooter's great. If you like shooters, it's a no-brainer download.

I thought Go! Sports Ski was pretty weak. It feels like a SIXAXIS demo that might've been on the floor at a conference before the PS3 launch. It is only 2.99, so it might be worth it. Even at that price I'd rather doing something else with my time, like playing Everyday Shooter or Puzzle Fighter for 7 bucks more, or clipping my toenails. :)

Has anyone played the Conan demo? Is it just me or did that game have no appealing qualities whatsoever!! Seriously, the cut scenes looked absolutely ghastly... the textures were... uhhh... i don't even know how to describe them... and the sound clips didn't match up with the animation... everything was wrong... and the gameplay itself was nothing spectacular... you can cut peoples arms off... so what... nothing new or special... personally, i'd stick with God of War 2 if you're looking for this type of game...

I really enjoyed the RCF:ToD demo though! I had never played one of the Ratchet and Clank games before and i was moderately surprised with how good it looked... It was also fun to play (complete antithesis of conan)!

Jericho demo was awesome... graphically delicious.... i loved the lighting and textures of the part of the demo that required you to use your flashlight... awesome....

• PlayStation Eye Games:
    • Aqua Vita
    • Operation: Creature Feature
    • Trials of Topoq
Can you even buy the PS3 Eye yet or are these for the Eye Toy for PS2? Or are they the same thing? If it is a new camera, where is it, how much is it, and why can I only find it with EOJ (10/23)?
The PlayStation Eye is coming out on 10/23 for $40 or $70 with Eye of Judgment.

• EyeCreate Editing Tool
What's this?
You can find the answer to this in the following thread:

I can also vouch for the whole sd vs. hd store thing. I just got a sharp 720p tv, and the store looks so much more professional, and well sorted than it does in sd. The ratchet and clank demo is amazing. Its like a cool run around and beat everything up game, a third person shooter, and just plain fun. The visuals are amazing as well. Must have I think.

Back