The Words of the Winds are Now all Clear

• Thread starter amar212
  • 3,560 comments
I'm often an optimist, but 170 cars with damage+ interior would be LMAO. However, GT5: Prologue already has 74 done, so it almost makes zero sense that they only finished 100 more since then.

Finished translation:

August 18, GamesCom, held in Cologne, Germany: Gran Turismo 5 has been announced! Here is the latest information on the game design:

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

■ Courses
60 courses confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed

■ physical simulation of vehicles
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles [possibly rollover]
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model

■ Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved user interface
Continuous Play for videos

■ Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, + more information at TGS

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

■ User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of Cockpit Camera interface (confirmed in full 3-D. The camera can be fully manipulated and you can opt to have your head tracked by the PSEye)

Merged - great job.

(I'd guess your POV changes in accordance with how the PSEye tracks your head).

nice idea but wouldnt that mean that the only way to look around in your cab is pointing your head away from the tv?

iam sure it would be a great effect if i could see out of my ear. :crazy:

I don't know if I'm the only one but....I really don't care how many cars have interior view. I just want the game. I always drive on the roof so the interior would just be a bonus. I figure the game will be good no matter what so whatever happens, happens. But thats just my opinion. I also haven't seen a thread get so many post this fast.

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (Use songs from your PS3 hard-drive)
Dolby Digital 5.1 and 7.1

Now I won't have to break out the MP3 player when I pop in Gran Turismo.

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 kinds of standard model (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) [Read: Cars we have seen in GT4 before ]

I am still not convinced of this statements accuracy.

nice idea but wouldnt that mean that the only way to look around in your cab is pointing your head away from the tv?

iam sure it would be a great effect if i could see out of my ear. :crazy:

its most probably going to be used for turning, like when you enter a turn and try to look around it the current cockpit view remains fixed which is frustrating, but with head tracking it should mean as you try to look round the bend, the camera should adjust accordingly,

well thats my expectation from it

'Super GT race car and a fight, the car recorded over 1,000 total units. The model is also compatible with premium representation of the interior damage'

Now we have to wait which cars have a representation of interior damage.

Okay, if every car in the game (except some concepts of course) will have a cockpit, i will cry happy tears.

The other stuff is so amazing, YT replays alone are completely amazing.
But i need to know that cockpit stuff (sorry, i know i might be a bit annoying, but i just dont want to miss these awesome interiors we got in Prlogue).

EDIT: WAIT, 'Super GT race car and a fight, the car recorded over 1,000 total units. The model is also compatible with premium representation of the interior damage'

Could this mean "The Super GT Race car is made out of 1.000 parts"?

If 830 is correct and most GT4 cars will be carried over, we're looking at around 100-150 new cars (200 maaaaybe?)....that shocks me too.

Or is it the other way around?
That would make no sense, how can there be more courses than layouts?

Hopefully Black Chambers post is accurate, I got the impression the 20 was to do with photomode locations but that was from dodgy translatons. What I want to understand most is if allt he cars will have cockpit views or not in GT5, I don't want some cars to have it but most not.

Real info zomg! Perked up the day no doubt.

I'm a little confused by this head tracking thing. :) If you turn your head to change view, won't you no longer be looking at the monitor to see the changed view? :)

■ User interface design for Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same concept. アイコンはカラーに変更・フェイストラッキングによりコクピットカメラの移動が可能に(内装を立体的に確認可能) The icons can be moved to change the face tracking by color KOKUPITTOKAMERA (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished)

If I understand this right it is actually saying that you can move the icons around on the menu. However It does mention a Kokupittokamera so 3D head tracking is on the cards. It may be how the Japanses language works but why mention Camera head tracking in the User interface section?

Back