GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I am reading a lot of post, ive seen a lot of useless threads but i dindt find anything about statics starts, i mean, everybody talks about rolling or static starts, but what about the starts in which you have to wait until the green light is on to throttle? These starts in which if you throttle before green light you are penalized, i would like to see these start on GT5, anyone thinks like me?

I am reading a lot of post, ive seen a lot of useless threads but i dindt find anything about statics starts, i mean, everybody talks about rolling or static starts, but what about the starts in which you have to wait until the green light is on to throttle? These starts in which if you throttle before green light you are penalized, i would like to see these start on GT5, anyone thinks like me?

All this stuff is posted here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60043

An endless list of things....

GT5 will be released in Autumn says James Armstrong, CEO of SCE for Spain and Portugal in a recent interview in a local newspaper.

I think that we'll launch the game in autum, before of Christmas, although we have not decided yet. I don't discard that use the motion controller but I doub it. GT5 is a great hope for SONY, a very important game for the company, which generates much income. We would have like to release it before but we think that the priority we must giving it is to be the best as possible. I'm very confident in this game that we'll launch this year and help us to consolidate PS3 as the great console that is.

http://www.canariasaldia.com/noticia.php?noticia_id=173601

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for a translation that doesn't sound so poorly worded.
I somehow don't see some Spanish Sony whatchamacallit nobody, leaking out such big news while everyone else involved has been so tight-lipped.

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for a translation that doesn't sound so poorly worded.
I somehow don't see some Spanish Sony whatchamacallit nobody, leaking out such big news while everyone else involved has been so tight-lipped.

I'm sorry, I'm doing the traduction the best I can, but i'm spaniard and can confirm that the CEO gives autum as date of launch.

I`m Spanish so i`m gonna make the translation of the most important thing in the article

"We think that we`ll release this game in Autumn, before Christmas, but is not decided yet.
GT5 is the biggest Sony`s hope, a very important game for our company(Sony), GT5 generate a lot of money and benefits. We would like to release GT5 before (Autumn) but we think that the priority is make this game with the best quality as possible, I rely a lot of in this game, ww hope to realease it this year and consolidate the PS3 as a big console"

Sorry my english so i think you will understand my translation.

No No No No No No No No Please someone tell me this is a joke and a really bad one are you kidding me before christmas 2010 are you insane :ouch:
this is absolute :censored:and if this is a joke it is really not funny at all:tdown:

I'll just wait till it gets on the bargain bin, maybe around 2012.
I love the game, but all these delays has gotten to me. :(

Maybe there will be Shift 2 and Dirt 3 before GT5's release.

GT5 will be released in Autumn says James Armstrong, CEO of SCE for Spain and Portugal in a recent interview in a local newspaper.

http://www.canariasaldia.com/noticia.php?noticia_id=173601

Thanks for posting this and the translation and also to Subsonic for the second translation. 👍

Google's translation matches them both quite well so assuming the newspaper has reported the interview accurately then we can be pretty certain that this is what the guy said. He is Senior Vice President of Southern Europe for Spain and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Portugal so probably has good links with SCE worldwide therefore it's quite likely that this is true. It's worth remembering that nothing is certain until Sony and PD make an announcement. At least he didn't just say they don't know when they are planning to release it.

On a lighter note I wonder if PD will make their next announcement like this? (warning: explicit language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtGSXMuWMR4&feature=player_embedded

Sorry, I don't know how to embed the video here

Last edited:
And again, and again...waiting, waiting, summer without GT5:dunce:

every year; the same story

2007 Ps3.... GT5 isn't here

1 year later

2008 GT5 prologue...what about GT5??

1 year later

E3 2009 GT5 release date?......no

1 month later

OPM review, GT5 release date?.....no

1 month later

Gamescom, GT5 release date?..........no?

1 month later

TGS, GT5 release date?......................no?

4 month later

Chrismas release................................. ...no?

here is the schedule....i'm fed up

So the same for 2010??

You guys just have to stop and think about marketing for a second. There are mainly two periods of time where games sell well, Spring(first 4 months or so) and Christmas. Now if you can't get the game out during the spring the next most reasonable time is right before Christmas.

If it's true about the fall thing it's a Sony move, not a PD move.

/\ Well spoken Justin. I'm positive Sony wants GT5 to be 'THE Game Release Of The Year' just like COD"MW2 was this year. What was that quote? Oh yea, "It's all about the Benjamin's", all to predictible imo and I believe the article if nothing more than a false positive to what I thought was gonna happen if they delayed it after the March date this year and I updated my webiste to reflect that change too :grumpy:

Jerome

"GT5 is a great hope for SONY, a very important game for the company, which generates much income. We would have like to release it before but we think that the priority we must giving it is to be the best as possible."

Thats sounds about right, and makes more sense to KY's claim last year that they could release the game whenever they wanted. They are just choosing not to. It would make more sense as to why we have seen so very little of a "completed game" (so we don't expect the title tomorrow perhaps?). Sony is still in the position where if they hold the release they believe it will mean more $$$ in the long run. Such is the frustration of being on the business end of things...

How does that make sense to anyone? If the game is released now, it will sell more copies by the time christmas comes around as opposed to releasing for christmas. It won't sell less, its GRAN TURISMO for god's sake! Are they thinking people will buy a PS3 at christmas and GT5 at the same time? How will a different release change that?

It all has to do with Sony, people like me constantly forget that this is by a country mile the biggest franchise Sony has. When it releases they just don't want it to sell, they want it to push a whole lot of hardware as well.

Motion tracking alone will get some people to get a PS camera and I'm 99% now that somehow PD will add wand functionality to the game......still not sure how, perhaps the menus or something. Still though this IS GT, it will sell any time of the year. I don't watch WRC and Nascar much at all but won't the cars in GT5 be old by now?

It all has to do with Sony, people like me constantly forget that this is by a country mile the biggest franchise Sony has. When it releases they just don't want it to sell, they want it to push a whole lot of hardware as well.

Motion tracking alone will get some people to get a PS camera and I'm 99% now that somehow PD will add wand functionality to the game......still not sure how, perhaps the menus or something. Still though this IS GT, it will sell any time of the year. I don't watch WRC and Nascar much at all but won't the cars in GT5 be old by now?

Not as old as we will be :/

But yes, some of the cars will be dated, making the late 2009, early 2010 release date very desirable.

Nothing you said about the wand or head tracking will be that heavily impacted by gt5.

I personally think that releasing GT5 around Late Fall/Winter is a big mistake. The competition is going to be huge this holiday. With the motion controllers, Treyarch's COD, GeoWIII, Halo Reach, just to name a few. I know GT5 is a sales beast but going up against titles like COD, GeoW and Halo all at the same time is rather folly (this is what happened to Uncharted 1 and 2). If it was released in the summer GT5 would be virtually unopposed marketing wise. People who want the game are going to buy it and people on the fence will pick it up during the holidays as long it is part of SCE's marketing campaign. Also GT5 is a game that has very long legs and will easily consistently sell even months after its release. MGS4 did this and it turned out to be a huge seller.

Back