GTP's GT5 Public Drift Settings Depot

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 1,028 comments
Anyone have the setup for 89 300ZX TT 2 Seater? It's hard to control this car and spins out easily around corners or a slight turn of the wheel it loses control.

only Q i have to ask is.....why???? dont you have the game...
ps..thanx for setting this up though, cheers.

Who are you talking to?
Edit: Hopefully everything is up to date;)

Last edited:
Nissan Silvia s13 (Universal for all models)
Power: Just under 390hp with an oil change

Parts to buy:
Everything except rigity improvement! For beginners start with a low rev turbo setup but for the advanced use the high rev turbo!

Settings:

Ride height: -10 front and rear
Spring rate: 6.0fr 5.2rr
Damper bound: fr5 rr5
Damper rebound: fr5 rr5
ARB: fr2 rr3
Camber:fr3.0 r0.5
Toe: fr0.0 rr0.2

Diff: all settings to 60

Brake ballance: 2/9

TCS: 0
ASM: 0

Downforce: N/A

Im not going to talk smack but this is hands down the best basic setup you will find even for the most seasoned drifter

Nissan Silvia s13 (Universal for all models)
Power: Just under 390hp with an oil change

Parts to buy:
Everything except rigity improvement! For beginners start with a low rev turbo setup but for the advanced use the high rev turbo!

Settings:

Ride height: -10 front and rear
Spring rate: 6.0fr 5.2rr
Damper bound: fr5 rr5
Damper rebound: fr5 rr5
ARB: fr2 rr3
Camber:fr3.0 r0.5
Toe: fr0.0 rr0.2

Diff: all settings to 60

Brake ballance: 2/9

Downforce: N/A

Im not going to talk smack but this is hands down the best basic setup you will find even for the most seasoned drifter

Thanks for the credit :sly: LOL

Usually its better to run softer ARB on rear than on front. As for the brakes I found out that setting more power up front will make understeer happen faster.
I don't know if its only me but when I'm drifting, if my front tires become all red the steering wheel will become loosy like it has 0 FFB (I'm on G27 I run max FFB on simulation) and its almost impossible to keep drifting (I either spin or straighten).

Setting up more brakes on rear (just one more click) avoid front tires to pre-heat under braking and retard the moment when front tires become red and wheel all loose.

Anyone with a G27 already had that issue? My G27 only has few month (I bought it like in september). Other than at that moment the FFB works perfectly (and it works perfectly on other games)

Usually its better to run softer ARB on rear than on front. As for the brakes I found out that setting more power up front will make understeer happen faster.
I don't know if its only me but when I'm drifting, if my front tires become all red the steering wheel will become loosy like it has 0 FFB (I'm on G27 I run max FFB on simulation) and its almost impossible to keep drifting (I either spin or straighten).

Setting up more brakes on rear (just one more click) avoid front tires to pre-heat under braking and retard the moment when front tires become red and wheel all loose.

Anyone with a G27 already had that issue? My G27 only has few month (I bought it like in september). Other than at that moment the FFB works perfectly (and it works perfectly on other games)

Not that this is the real world, but I created the above setup and posted it, and it's derived from the setup of several S13's and S14's I've owned and drifted int he real world :)

Soft ARB front and stiff rear will create oversteer. Maybe your setup is what is causing you to have the issues you are having, as what you are describing is not a normal handling trait. :)

1961 JAGUAR E-TYPE

330HP/350LB-FT
1100KG (APPROX)

HAS INSTALLED:
ECU
STAGE 1 ENGINE
WEIGHT REDUCTION 1
HIGH FLOW AIR INTAKE
SPORTS EXHAUST
SPORTS CAT. CONV.
5 SPEED TRANS
ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS
HARD TIRES (STOCK)
WINDOW WEIGHT REDUCTION
SINGLE PLATE CLUTCH

RIDE HEIGHT -2/-2

Everything else is stock. its a blast to drive. will get pict soon!! AMAZING ANGLES!!

Not that this is the real world, but I created the above setup and posted it, and it's derived from the setup of several S13's and S14's I've owned and drifted int he real world :)

Soft ARB front and stiff rear will create oversteer. Maybe your setup is what is causing you to have the issues you are having, as what you are describing is not a normal handling trait. :)

IMO its not handling wise, even with stock cars stock setup it does it!
By the way as you said its not real world, it might be a game flaw!

I will try these settings when i get home, thanks for the tips as i said im pretty new to this so i kinda just had a stab in the dark lol

The tires i chose as i read somewhere you should choose the most gripiest front tires possible with the car still being able to slide. I will definelty give the tire setup you suggested a go. once again thanks for the tips

How did you go mate? I'm interested to see if you or anyone else tried my suggestions and, more importantly, if anyone had success with them?

Everyone has a preference for the way they like to initiate the drift, how much throttle they use mid corner and what kind of line they want out of the exit. I'm sure everyone needs to make slight tweaks to the tune's posted here.

Based on my preferences and the general feel of the FD settings i posted earlier I'll be adding my setups for some of the most enjoyable drift cars i've built recently:
The Maserati Gran Turismo S and the seriously good Ferrari California. Both are ridiculously good at holding a line and give you a little room for error. Not to mention looking gorgeous.

I'll try to get them up tonight. Perhaps I'll include the Alfa 1600 too if I get a chance.

The Maserati Gran Turismo S and the seriously good Ferrari California. Both are ridiculously good at holding a line and give you a little room for error. Not to mention looking gorgeous.
I am so looking forward to that!

In the meantime, can anyone help me with setting up my EVO X to go drifting? I already drift a race-prepared S15 and the 350Z SS quite well, it's just 4WD drifts that I can't get my head around at the moment.

I'm guessing more power to the rears, as well as the usual lowering and stiffening? The problem seems to be initiating the drift, as the handbreak is the only way to get the tail wide enough.

Any tips?

I am so looking forward to that!

In the meantime, can anyone help me with setting up my EVO X to go drifting? I already drift a race-prepared S15 and the 350Z SS quite well, it's just 4WD drifts that I can't get my head around at the moment.

I'm guessing more power to the rears, as well as the usual lowering and stiffening? The problem seems to be initiating the drift, as the handbreak is the only way to get the tail wide enough.

Any tips?

Have you tried increasing the 'initial' setting for the LSD?
This will alllow the diff to lock sooner on turn in.

Did I miss anything?*Brushes off the depot *

Not that I want to be an arse, but can you change the one credited to Rydeit to me please? It was my setup that I posted on another thread and was then posted in here by him.

Thanks.

'09 Chevy Corvette ZR-FUN

Tuned for wheel users. A little rough for controllers.

Parts to buy:

Full sports exhaust (headers, catalytic converter, muffler)
Sports ECU
Sports intake filter
Supercharger
Stage 1 weight reduction
comfort medium tires

Settings:

Spring rate: 8.0/6.0
Ride height: 15/0
Shock bound: 3/5
Shock rebound: 3/5
Camber angle: 4/1
Toe angle: .15/.30
Stabilizers: 4/4

Brake balance: 6/9

Characteristics:

Very controllable. Car grips a little on lift-off thanks to added toe.

Last edited:
'09 Chevy Corvette ZR-FUN

Parts to buy:

Full sports exhaust (headers, catalytic converter, muffler)
Sports ECU
Sports intake filter
Supercharger
Stage 1 weight reduction
comfort medium tires

Settings:

Spring rate: 8.0/6.0
Ride height: 15/0
Shock bound: 3/5
Shock rebound: 3/5
Camber angle: 4/1
Toe angle: .15/.30
Stabilizers: 4/4

Brake balance: 6/9

Characteristics:

Very controllable. Car grips a little on lift-off thanks to added toe.

Updated though user specific. Is it Controller or wheel?

Nissan SILEIGHTY '98 setup

Car bought from the used dealer. control pad used.

power: 366BHP
weight: 996kg

What to buy
------------

-stage 3 weight reduction
-window weight reduction
-rear wing (from GT auto tune)
-sports ECU
-stage 2 engine tune (get a stage 3 later on once you get a feel for the car)
-sports intake manifold
-racing airfilter
-sports exhaust manifold
-catalytic converter
-racing exhaust
-midrange turbo
-full custom transmission (because of the sluggishness, reduce the ratio to about 240 top speed)
-twin plate clutch
-semi racing flywheel
-carbon propellar shaft
-Custom LSD
-full custom suspension
-comfort hard tires

suspension settings
--------------------

ride height: -23 front/-23 back

spring rate: 13.0/13.5

dampers extension: 7/7
dampers compression: 7/7

anti-roll: 1/1

camber: 3.0/1.0

toe angle: 0/0

rear wing: 17 (adjust this lower if you like, I like it high so I can take corners a little faster)

TCS:embarrassed:ff
ABS:1
brake: 5/5

LSD Settings
-------------

initial torque:5
accel sensitivity:15
braking sensitivity:5

description
------------

After spending a few hours trying out this car, I'd have to say I wouldn't consider this car to be easy to learn. I found
it has a higher learning curve compared to the FT-86 concept car I usually drift in. Although I do like how it drift's around
corners, it kind of does really fat smokey drifts as it just sits into the corners. I found the car to be very sluggish, and that's with mods, It seems the mods dont actually improve the responsiveness of the engine like it does with the premium cars, only adds horsepower.
Also I found the car isn't as forgiving when you make a mistake. Regardless, once I had it set to my liking it was all fun from there. With a little more finesse then usual and you should be sliding around Tsukuba in no time.

Tsukuba%20Circuit_scaled.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have an RX-7 FC tune they would mind sharing? That would absolutely be most excellent.

'90 RX-7 GT-X (FC)
Power: 361BHP

PARTS:

Weight Stage 1, 2 & (3) Cr.35000
anti roll bars (rigidity improvement)Cr.20000
window weight reduction Cr.3000
Carbon Bonnet Cr.5000
Sport ECU Cr.1000
Engine Stage 1, 2 & (3) Cr.47500
Sport intake Manifold Cr.2500
Racing Air Filter Cr.450
Titanium Race Exhaust Cr.10000
Sport exhaust manifold Cr.3500
Catalytic converter Cr.500
Low RPM Range Turbo kit Cr.4500 (you can use mid range if needed, but I found this the most comfortable)
Fully customizable transmission Cr.20000 (again, Upto you, but I tuned my gears slightly)
Twin plate clutch Cr.2500
Semi racing flywheel Cr.1500
Carbon propellor shaft Cr.4500
Fully customizable LSD Cr.7500
Fully customizable suspension kit Cr.15000
Comfort medium Tires Cr.1400

Settings:

Spring rate: 12.5/13
Ride height: -25/-25
Shock bound: 7/7
Shock rebound: 4/4
Camber angle: 6.1/0.9
Toe angle: 0.2/-0.1
Anti roll bars: 1/1

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 16
LSD Accel: 35
LSD Decel: 14

Brake ballance: 4/6

Downforce: 0/16

Little description of handling characteristics: I tend to use inside car view, but this doesn't make a difference. It's a pretty easy car to use, just got to watch it if you go in to fast, the back rarely, but can, go out too far before being to catch it. Other wise, a brilliant car. Please leave feed back :)

Thanks to all of you whom have posted, now that I have a bit more understanding how to setup my cars, I can stop looking like a jackass on the track! Definatley gonna try the F-150 setup!

Back