Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

sems4arsenal - Haha, they're a fantastic car aren't they? I'll be sad to gift mine away... well I would be if I hadn't made myself one to keep as well as the Christmas car. :D
grillface - Hehe, good eye! I dunno about white exhausts... they seem impractical :P
GrandPrix - Thank you! Glad you enjoy my work.
Adavicro - Thanks! Stay posted, I've got some good stuff planned for the new year. :)
JKCreativeworks - Thanks! Mm, the first shot is the best one from that shoot. The second one.. I really like it, but I think perhaps the angle on it was a bit too much. Ah well :)
Speedthrill - Thanks! Realism is what I'm aiming for, these days. Stay posted!
Yui-san - Merry Christmas to you too!
sixtoes - Aah, I see! Yes, my Christmas shoot was about 30mm, I think. Thanks for the insight about HDR - I'll have to experiment a bit and see which works best for me. It's interesting.. we had EV settings in GT4 but HDR never really took off there, but it seems to have quite a following here in GT5 Photomode!
Moglet - Ah, excellent! I'll try and gift it to you later today.
GT5photographer - :P You've got a very unique style and I'm very curious to see what you can do with my little Fiat! I'll get that sent to you ASAP. :)

Hmm, does anybody know if I can gift multiple cars in one day? I've got a funny feeling you can only gift one per day. Only one way to find out I suppose!

Anywho, I hope everybody has had a brilliant Christmas, roll on the new year :D

Great gallery you've got here Rev. The lighting and colours are really nice in all your pics. I hope there will be some new updates soon 👍

725 - Thanks 725! I'll be doing my best to keep it regularly updated into the new year. :)
GT5photographer - No probs! Glad you're enjoying the little Fiat, I love your update of it :)

Speaking of which, I urge everyone to click over to check out GT5photographer's take on my Christmas Fiat 500! He's done a brilliant job, you should all go admire the photos and comment :)

Now on with the update! Having won the 2.0 competition last week, I chose the theme for this week to be Top Gear. Sadly, being the theme-chooser and all that, I'm not allowed to enter, but I couldn't resist taking a proper British sports car out to the Test Track and snapping off a few shots in true Top Gear style. They've all been edited in Photoshop afterwards to give them that Top Gear look, and all are available in full size for wallpapers if you so desire! A cookie to the one who spots the easter eggs. And the rainbow. :D

Comments, feedback, constructive criticisms welcome!

Jaguar XKR @ Top Gear Test Track

And a bonus photo for you all - HDR!

Click for wallpaper size.

It's a good job you can't enter :P I love the motion shots, they are so crisp and clear that they almost look like they're rendered in 3DSM or something similar!

Oh, and while I'm here, did you gift the Lambo? Because I've never received one :(

Moglet - Haha, even if I could enter, none of the shots above (with the possible exception of the second) comply with the 2.0 rules :P
I gifted the Lambo this afternoon, just a few hours ago. Sorry it took so long, this time of year is busy for everybody I think :P Hopefully you've received it by now!

I just received it the moment I read your reply! :lol: It's my fault for not noticing the huge star next to the 'Community' section! Thanks, I'll get onto photographing it right away. 👍

Why did I not comment in your gallery yet, Revolution.? I really like your style - your pictures always look natural and realistic. I like the latest update because of the good sense of motion. :)

Last edited:
Moglet - Ah, excellent! Looking forwards to your update :)
gibki8 - Haha, thanks :) I'll be gifting you your BMW very soon also!
GT5photographer - Hahahha, you spotted him! An e-cookie for you! How did I get him? ..... Photoshop :D
rfcnkt - Thank you, glad you think I nailed it!
Magic Racer - Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like the latest set :D

Nice shots Revolution! It's got that TG feel to it :) And is there a way of getting the Stig Helmet in the game? I thought I saw it in the E3 Trailer... And how'd you get that rainbow in the last shot? I'm sure that wasn't in the game... photoshop?

I checked your shots yesterday and went home to snap a few quick ones for the comp and yea they aren't even close to being this good. These define top gear. Great work!

Nicknamealguem - Thanks! Glad you like it :)
GPR - Thank you! Are you talking about the dappled sort of light shining through the clouds in my bonus shot? I thought it suited quite well :)
Arathorn - That's what I was aiming for! Thanks! :D
Yui-san - Hehe, thanks! I don't think there is a way to get the Stig driver's outfit, as yet anyway. You can also see it in the intro video to the Top Gear Special challenge. Mine's just photoshopped, as is the rainbow. :)
RetroGiant - Thanks RG! It took a fair bit of fiddling in photoshop to nail the TG 'look', a few adjustment layers, gradient overlays etc. The key is a really moody, dark sky. Really sets it off. :)
gibki8 - Haha, I didn't get a chance today but I shall try and gift it tomorrow. :)

Looking really good Rev 👍

The car looks like it's sitting really high though, I think a ride lowering would do it much good :)

Ironically I passed by a hardware store, but the PS3s were sold out :P

Cod_Father - Thanks! I'm unsure as to whether the first or third was my favourite... I like them both very much :)
Bram - Thanks Bram! Hmm, it does look a touch high .. stock ride height. I'll keep that in mind for next update :) And that's a pity! We're all looking forwards to you joining us in GT5 :P

Good stuff. I realy like them all, but the second to last photo from the Corvette ZR1 set made me buy that car in that color. I would used that pic as a wallpaper but I'm just too proud to use other people's stuff and also it won't fit.

Gastor Marza - Thanks for stopping by! I was at a dilemma when choosing the colour for that ZR1, I almost picked orange, but the gunmetal grey looks so good offset against those bright blue brake calipers. Thanks for the comment!
Swiss Legend - Thank you! Glad you like the set.

And now, a small update, my batmobile at Mt. Aso, an all-black Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce.

This is a three-shot HDR, merged in Photomatix and then processed in Photoshop, with some typography added for extra effect. Feedback welcome, all going to plan this car (but not this photo, no HDR allowed!) will be in my entry for the Ferrari vs Lamborghini theme in this week's 2.0 comp! Leave a comment :)

Lamborghini Murciélago SuperVeloce @ Mt. Aso

Click for full size.

The composure, the HDR, the text, the lighting....all great. The background doesn't help the image much though cause of all the low quality trees and grass unfortunately. I really like it a lot though.

RetroGiant - Thanks RG! Yeah, the pixelly grass and odd looking trees aren't brilliant, but there isn't a great deal I can do to fix that. I do love the wind farm though, so I stuck with it. :P
TVR&FF - Thanks TVR!

I see you're getting acquainted with the best Course Maker theme 👍

Damn... I worked on an SV today to submit to the comp as well! Great minds, and all that! I think you'll approve of the colour, though...

Anywho, I like this; I like the subdued look by going black, it hides the fact this is an SV and gives it a (relative) stealth factor. The rims look great too; I use them a lot on smaller cars but didn't expect them to suit the big bull so well! The typography is top-notch as well; it looks natural, like its Lambo's official go-to for their ad work.

👍

Back