gtd | A Cross The Universe: The Final

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 1,634 comments
That is a really nice set Gtuned. Love the colour process used and love the angles. Great set.

Very unique colors balance. Looks really great, like an old school photos or something. I like the last pic the most. :)

Love FT 3 and 11. on the 3rd like the light on the wheel and 11th think is the best of the set... everything's perfect, co;ors, exposure, contrast and speed, like it!
P.S. Ferrari 330 is awesome... like real shot!

Thanks guys, i thought i went (and currently still) going overboard with the effects as i just Figured out how to do them in Paint.net, as with PS i think it's just easy filters or whatever.Here's a Mini-set as the Pro's do, Just a little update between my P4 which still hates me, She hates to have a good picture it seems. And my Upcoming Lancer set. So here's "Streamlined Brick" my 69 Camaro RM. I may do a full set if people like these. Also included my Comp Fails Entries

2.0 Entry - Team Lancer

PMC Entry - Mercedes Benz SLR Mclaren

First and last camaro shots are nice, I think the sky is a little too blown out in the last for my liking but the first is very good and colurs on both are great.

Also quite like the slr shot at the end.

Lovely shots, Gtuned! The "Streamlined Brick" shots have lots of great angles. The SLR shot at the end is sharp, too.

The sky in the second and third shots is phenomenal, looks wonderful! It's a pity it's a bit blown out in the fourth though. I really like the SLR shot too, that car is underappreciated! Nice work :)

Black Camaro looks great! So brutal and powerful! Also like the bright white lines crossing each other on the dark asphalt... perfect work! well... as always!

P.S. P4 is difficult... very difficult...I've been trying to make a set for it for 2 weeks, it's worthless... :(

I'm really liking the post-processing on the Camaro shots. It's a killer combination and works great.

Thanks for the comments guys. I was playing about with over and under exposing, I kinda liked the blow out effect, but I'm surprised everyone liked the others, i thought they were nice but not that good.
But here's my entry for the Photoshop comp (which i don't even have PS xD)
4 Hours later i end up with this.

Me in the GTR and my friend Blingy in the S13. And the facial expressions are really what happens in a game with us. He's always yelling "GOML UP CUZ" and i'm swearing at him to shut up.

I know i won't get many votes, the eyes had to be hand drawn ( the windsheiled and eyebrows) the clone stamping was the hardest, Paint.net doesn't have a soft or feathering or AA what so ever it seems. But i tried.

Well I guess that didn't work to well. Espically after seeing everyone else's entries.. Damn 4 Hours wasted.

Those '69 Camaro photos are perfection. The colour tones are delicious :drool: I like the idea behind your Photoshop contest entry too, but I think that the GTR is a bit of a difficult car to make look good with that theme. The mouth can't be seen, for starters, and it says a lot about the 'facial expression' of the car.

I don't even care about the Shop entry anymore. It Doesn't stand a chance so why bother to fix it...
Anyways. Here's the 2nd Part of 3 with the Ferrari P4.

I like the silhouette/sunset (sunrise? :lol: ) shot. It looks like something out of the film "Le Mans." Ass shot is great too, and for some weird reason I really like the upside down one. First shot looks like a photo taken from the Targa Florio in a way - deliciously vintage.

👍

Last edited:
I like shot 4, of the wheel. Shot six is interesting peeking behind the chairs, the colour isloation works well in it. And also the last shot is quite nice too.

Pretty good update.

Well, nice to see it wasn't as bad as i thought it was. That car is a pain to shoot.
Here's another set of another Skyline GTR I bought. Ever since I got close to one of these a couple years back in WV, I've been obsessed with them. Such amazing, beautiful cars inside and out. This one's a GT-R V-Spec, in Midnight Purple III. I also included 2 Faux Infrared shots, something I'm pretty sure no one else has done before. They're not perfect. But i'm trying. And i had to figure it out on my own so they'll get better... hopefully.

oh my god Im blown away....srsly, I can't think of a GTR picture i like more. and the whole set is great. might be your magnum opus.

Back