Revolution Studios :: Extracurricular

Yes this is much better! :) They really capture the mood of a rainy race. Every pic has something that makes it special. Also, good job for deleting the caused by spray pixels! 👍

Nah, I wouldn't call that "flattering". I'm telling the truth XD

Anyhow, I love those Super GT shots! It looks unbelievably real (Especially the first 2!) Good work!👍
And by the way Rev, could you take a look at some of my new shots if you have time? I would appreciate it if you could ;)

Last edited:
GPR - Thanks GPR! The brake like blur was a bit of an experiment... It is a cool effect, if a bit unrealistic. I like it though, glad you do too. :)
grrlpurple - Thanks for the comment! Glad you like them.
sejtur - Haha, thanks Sej! Hehehe, my smudge brush got quite the workout... that pixelly spray is a real pain. The worst shot was the first one, all the rear diffuser had giant pixels all over it. :(
Yui-san - Aww, hehe thanks :P I'll stop by and have a look!

The Castrol Supra focussed shots are so lovely. Really captures the essence of racing right there! 👍

I just bought a Super GT car myself for the A-spec Super GT event. Might try and give it a photoshoot run 👍

I know this is off topic, but rather than posting in the poll thread itself, I just wanted to express my astonishment that you voted for my shot in this week's PMC.

What I like most about your work is that the photos make the most of showcasing the car. Your use of scenery, composition, lighting, and effects always work to enhance the photo without detracting from the focus—the car.

It's what I always try to do, so perhaps we share that taste. Anyway, thanks again, and I really enjoyed your thread!

I really like what you did with the last few supra shots. The focus makes the last few crowd shots intimate, like a friendly face in a crowd. Im gonna have to try some shots in the rain too!

I loved the relatively subdued colors, adds to the rainy race atmosphere. Great job on the lighting, composition and depixelization (:P) too.

Bram - Thanks Bram! I was driving the Supra - for me it's one of the 'classic' GT cars, love it :)
roninhyde - Hi! Don't be astonished - your entry was eye catching and from a unique perspective! Keep up the great work, glad you like my gallery!
MiniMarco - Weather tracks can give a wonderful atmosphere and feel to your photos - but be ready with your smudge brush to clean up the horrible horrible pixelly spray!
sems4arsenal - Thank you sems :)
ceiling_fan - Thanks! I do love the atmosphere Suzuka has in the wet.
Pointguard - Thank you!
GT5photographer - Cheers :) Glad you like it! Something new coming up now!

New update! The tunnel at Eiger is fantastic for photos. The Evo is painted Opal Black Pearl, or something to that effect. I *believe* it's the colour on the GT-R Spec V.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X @ Eiger Tunnel

Click for full size.

First Thought: Are those real pictures?

Second Thought: I **** in my Pants!

Damn great Pictures Revolution! Hands Down the best from the game.

GT Set is super. My fav's are the Takata NSX and the Castrol Supra Single rear shot, with the Supra winning it i think.
As for the Lancer i can't pic a fav. there all GREAT!!
(plz visit if you have the time)

MiniMarco - Weather tracks can give a wonderful atmosphere and feel to your photos - but be ready with your smudge brush to clean up the horrible horrible pixelly spray!

So I tried it out but was surprised by the experience, and got something different out of it with the FT86. Feel free to check my modest gallery out:)

And those tunnel-rific shots. It's very inspiring, I think that's the best thing a photo can do. To emote and inspire, It's done both. and... I'm gonna go and enter a tunnel now... repeatedly, brb.

TVR&FF - Thanks TVR, glad you like it!
gibki8 - Cheers gibki, I do like the first shot too, hopefully I made the right choice on which one to enter into the 2.0 comp!
EXALT1K - Thank you! I've taken a step back from the HDR shots I was doing a few weeks ago to go back to more mature tones and a touch more realism for this set. Glad you like them!
RcWr - Thank you :)
EmptySoul - Haha, thanks! I was pleased with this set :)
SVX - Thanks! Try the Eiger tunnel sometime, it produces some amazing shots, great lighting!
Ghertel - Thanks :) The metallic green on that Takata NSX is lovely, I wonder if there's a similar paint chip out there somewhere... I've stopped by your gallery btw!
MiniMarco - Wew, thanks! If my photos can do that for people then I'm content. :)

Holy awesomeness, I don't know how I missed this update Rev. Very nice love all of them, the cold colouring is fantastic and the glossy black looks really rich and almost evil. Compos all round are great too. plus I dig the sig application on these too.

You get a big 👍 👍

Last edited:
That paint is gorgeous! Great choice of location for good reflections too, they are crystal clear and pin sharp with nice angles thrown in too. They reflect the style of the car's bodywork somewhat!

GPR - Cheers GPR! That Opal Black is a wonderful colour, it did come up nicely on that Evo, even if I do say so myself! Glad you enjoyed the set!
Pointguard - Thank you!
Ceiling_fan - Thanks! Wew, that old game is a step back in time :P
EmptySoul - Ultra glossy paint + a dark tunnel with bright windows, plus a curves tweak and an unsharp mask makes the reflections pop. :)
Nicknamealguem - Thanks Nick :) I thought these were a bit special so I did something different with the sig, glad *somebody* picked it!
Moglet - Thanks Mog :) That's what I was going for, I love that tunnel so :)

Now, to my next update! But first, a couple of shoutouts - to MiniMarco, whose SLR experiment update inspired me to revisit Eiger and park the car, then smooth out the reflections and go for the full on studio look, and to scuudz who kindly gifted me the car featured in this update, a brilliant red Ferrari Enzo. This is something a bit different to what I've done so far, much much much more Photoshop heavy but what I think is a pretty darn cool result.

The resulting image is a composite of 4 images, hand-stitched together for greater-than-full HD resolution, then heavily adjusted in photoshop to make the reflections shine and then transplanted into a dark, studio-like environment. Included below is the original resolution, 3000 pixel across image for wallpaper purposes, for those who are so inclined. :)

And for those interested the original shot (although not the 4-photo composite) can be viewed here.

Ferrari Enzo - Studio

Click for Full HD

Click for Ultra HD (3000 x 1875) Wallpaper

Oh my. I love the simple yet effective concept of shooting in shadows to create a studio-like shot. I absolutely love it. It is so full of mood, and the rim lighting highlights every bit of curves this car has.

I think you may have started a trend for us photoshoppers here, Revolution. Well, for me at least.

Back