gtd | A Cross The Universe: The Final

• Thread starter gtuned
  • 1,634 comments
I've just poured through 11 pages of this thread and I'm a bit lost for words to be honest - there's a lot of drama and atmosphere in your shots which appeals to me, and I really like your attention to detail...truly stunning.

Did anyone else notice the 1971 date stamp on the first 330P4 shot?

If you don't mind, I'm saving as many of your shots as I can for my work PC screensaver.

Your blue GTR is quite similar to mine, accept I've used Alfa Romeo Celeste.

Keep posting man, I could look at your work all day

Last edited:
Wow.. I'm kinda blown away by all the comments, Thanks alot guys. And Carlos, go right ahead dude, I'd be honored.
I was looking through Galleries last night, and i came across MiniMarco's awesome Benz Warhol thing that i could never do. So that led me on to make these Minimalistic/Pixel art Mirrored Wallpapers. Available in full 1920x1080 in the full size. If anyone would like some of a specific car, I'll be happy to make them. So, feedback anyone ?

Cool idea, I like the SLR- instantly recognisable. The GT R doesn't look so clear, I mean you can tell what it is immediately from the tail lights, but the body of it is a bit messy, maybe it could be a little larger in the frame? Otherwise, really good. How did you do this, were they high contrast shots and you p[ixellised the highlights?

Hey Gtuned, I really like the work put into the 'rig-shot' style photographs as well as the extreme close-ups or macro shots as well. Also, the use of purple and orange is spectacular, although to me it seems to lack a little bit of highlight, but that is just nitpicking. Again, great work!

p.s. This is Rattleface Blouses from Jalopnik, lol.

This is glorious 8-bit awesomeness, wallpaper time!

I'm glad you and krako and Rev got something out of my gallery, it's the sum of all i hoped for.

[/single_tear]

Thanks guys, HAI RATTLEFACE :D, And boozybloke, I actually took a normal GT5 Picture and traced over it by hand, then pixelated it. The Skyline was a bit wierd being the first one i did, but the SLR came out better. Here's a couple more that will hopefully get some feedback too, Another GTR, A new style that has no curves, just straight lines, but still reconginzeable. And one i just finished, a hand done Ct230R, Jackson Pollock Style.
GTR #2

Ferrari 330 P4

HKS CT230R Splatter

Unique creation! đź‘Ť
I never imagine someone will create this idea and done it.
Awesome. Just Awesome. :D

Thanks for the comments everyone, glad to see some weird idea, that I did went over so well :lol: Anyways, here's the Preview to the end of my 3 Part series, Basically stolen from Sprites/Minimarco's stuff about the lighting at Eiger is where i did most of my Still shots this time. Also, I plan on making a large poster like this with all 3 later, but for now, I Present the Ford GT40 Mark IV. Preview that is.

In my opinion, for a poster like this, a cleaner feel would be better, with no noise. That's just my personal preference. It is very well done, none-the-less! đź‘Ť

Okay, because i'm really excited about this set, here it is. Part 3 of 3, The Ford GT40 MKIV. Also, who ever can guess what happened around the date on the one picture, or what happened around that date gets a free car worth at maximum of 750K. It has to do with the MKIV so, shouldn't be too hard. I feel really good about this set, I think it came out really good for once. For the stills, i saw how Minimarco and Sprite were using The tunnel at Eiger, and since every other location is getting boring, i tried it out.

I have no words for this kind of level you've reached within GT5 photomode. Everything's just so fabulous, and it all fits; the shape of the car within the compositions, the tones and levels. This set is just so complete! đź‘Ť

Awesome stuff. I like the HKS pic, though it looks maybe a little too messy. The last update is fantastic too, you've got the tones spot on and those compositions are just right

Very nice set. đź‘Ť

This one has a very cinematic feel about it in particular.

Le Mans '67 had an unusual cat and mouse game in it if I recall correctly. Mike Parkes in the 330 P4 was 4 laps down and was hounding Dan Gurney in the GT40 with his lights, until Gurney had enough and stopped on the grass. Parkes stopped behind him, until he realized this wasn't going to work. :lol:

While both of those are right, There's still one thing that happened which i thought was amazing. So if anyone can now guess, It'll be an SLR McLaren as the Prize. What i read about while looking up info had happened during the Practice runs of Lemans. If you can tell me what Gurney did in the MKIV, the SLR will be yours.

"Dan Gurney often complained about the weight of the Mk IV, since the car was 600 pounds heavier than the Ferraris he raced. During practice at Le Mans in 1967, in an effort to preserve the fragile brakes, Gurney developed a strategy (also adopted by co-driver A.J. Foyt) of backing completely off the throttle several hundred yards before the approach to the Mulsanne hairpin and virtually coasting into the braking area. This technique saved the brakes, but the resulting increase in the car's recorded lap times during practice led to speculation within the Ford team that Gurney and Foyt had hopelessly "dialed out" their car"

Whether it was actually because of the weight vs. brakes issue, or whether it was to sand bag and lull Ferrari into a false sense of security is another matter...

And Carlos got it from i think the same wikipedia article i used for the info. I put around that date beacuse i didn't know when they did the practice run. So you got yourself a SLR Mclaren Carlos.

Thanks Gtuned - actually got it from a die-cast model website of all places!

Appreciate the gift by the way, and your skill. I have, true to my word, downloaded much of the content of this thread for a screensaver. Only problem is, I keep stopping work to look at them!

I'm at work at the moment in fact so can't accept any friend request for another 10 hours. If that messes you around too much, feel free to gift the car to someone else.

Thanks again

Nope, no problem, I'll send over the Friend request, then once i see it's accepted and i'll ship over the SLR.
I also can not be held responsible for your lack of work effort :lol:

Back