Boozyblokes Place Update 3-8-11 Old wet car 2.0 competition entry and reject

• Thread starter boozybloke
  • 205 comments
80Y 2C2 - thanks for the feedback, and for finding the picture first you win..... a half eaten packet of cheese and onion crisps. I'll email them to you as soon as I work out how to upload them through my USB port. ;)

Zerox - Thank you so much, not many people have mentioned the pop art stuff, I'm glad you like it. I'll be be doing a little update with a couple of other works soon in that style.

Sems - Thank you once again my friend. The presentations are, to be completely honest, a real pain in the bum to set up right, but it's totally worth it when someone says they like them :)

Respect Your Elders #1
Here is the first of what will hopefully be a number of small updates, inspired by (or more like shameless rip-off) of someone elses 'Know your roots' concept (I can't remember who it was! Please claim your credit and I will alter the post accordingly)

Anyway, the idea is to show the original, or an older model and it's modern equivalent racing together, with the older car showing the young whipper-snapper a clean pair of heels. This is a composite shot, hopefully you can't tell just by looking.

Let me know what you think

Love it ,Is that a Composite or just one Picture but anyway The buildings behind the Cars as well make the picture more Daring sort of like the Old Mini is still Running strong against it's New compatriot .

I think it was Kyle or Rev who did the Know your roots Update .
Can't wait for Part 2

Pretty good, I like the feel of the shot. Not sure I like the typography on the presentation image though. But thats just my opinion.

Sems - Thank you mate, yep it's a composite. I've noticed since I posted it that if you look closely enough you can see the joining line down the middle :yuck:

GPR - Thanks. I know what you mean about the type- I always struggle to find a good typestyle to go with pictures, I'm not 100% happy with it either really.

Yardism - Thank you very much. I'm still practicing and developing my photoshop skills so the editing will at times look less subtle than it could do, though I do tend to prefer the bolder style of image anyway, but I'm glad you like some of the work. Hopefully I will be able to reach a balance where there's a little bit of something for everybody.

Respect Your Elders #2
Here's the second of my old Vs new themed set, this time with a Japanese flavour. I've tried to make this shot aged to suit the older model, with the 'surprise' inclusion of the modern equivalent. Again it is a composite, which I think has come out a little better than the previous, although the preview banner sucks, I'm just not good at them it seems :yuck:

See what you all think, and let me know?

Nice One Boozy if it a Composite (I think it is)then it is better Executed than the Previous one .The Horrible Tree and Spectators Ruin it somewhat But it isn't your fault.
Keep it up mate 👍

Thanks Sems, yeah I was happier with how this one went together than the last one. The tree though? I kinda liked that (and it helped me line up the two pictures in the composite) Agree on the spectators though, I guess I could have cropped them out but I think it might have ruined the balance of the picture

Than you Mafz. And as per your request ;)

Ford GT
I was going to post the next Respect your Elders picture, but the more I look at it the less happy I am with it, so instead I'll move on to the next planned photoset and come back to the Respect set later on.

This is, obviously, some shots of the Ford GT, and is a real mix of techniques. There's a couple of panoramas, an HDR and some simple edited shots. I hope you like them

Edit: it's not obvious, but there is a panorama of the corkscrew as well, click on the very top or bottom of the panel to view it

Please feel free to leave comments. Thanks for looking in :)

Last edited:
Wows Pretty Great Update Mate .Nice Muscle Car You got there let me guess it's Performance isn't Stock either :sly:

Thanks for the comments everyone, I'll answer individually below. Can I just ask; did everyone catch the panorama at the corkscrew? (click on the very top and bottom of the panel to see it)

Mafz, RikkiGT-R & Lilman73 - Thanks. The shot is a composite of two images, one focussed on the road to get the blurred effect, the other focussed on the car. I then blend the pictures in Photoshop to get the effect.

Grand Prix - thank you. That shot is actually HDR as well, though I tried to make the effect as subtle as possible so it might be hard to tell.

TVR&FF - thanks. I presume you mean the darker picture coming through turn 3? I wasn't sure if I had made that one too dark initially, but now I think it works quite well.

Sems - Ha ha, thank you. You're right, though not by much- Stage 1 engine tune, transmission upgrade and drivetrain mods, plus the aero parts. It's a quick car as stock anyway.

Thanks Zerox.

Todays update is just a little one- a couple of drifting shots of the Nissan Silvia Spec R Aero.

Last edited:
Shot 1 is quite good. I like the extra wide format with the smoke trailing across almost the whole shot.

Sems & GPR - thanks for the comments guys, glad you liked the shots.

Here is the final (for now) of my Respect Your Elders theme. These ones are not composite images- now that you can save the replay from a split screen race it makes it much easier to take pictures of two cars together. This means more time to make more pictures :)

This was the match up I initially invisioned when I thought of the theme, so hopefully you all like it

Very interesting! Like the final variant! The only thing I may add from myself - I personally would do another script... smth the same as HEMI logo on modern challenger. But that's me!

Absolutley Brilliant the best Respect your elders .Wow mate very Well done and the Pictures themselves are remarkable

GT by Citroen
Off the back of the Old Vs New photocomp, here is a set that hopefully will be better received than my actual entry to the competition...

All the fullsize pictures are larger framed than the previews, so click, look, enjoy :)

Back