GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 6 : 2011 Rally of Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 626 comments
I find the trick with AWD cars is to break earlier than you think and concentrate on exit speed. A tip for the second corner would be to keep a tight line, doing it this way you get a better run through turn 3 down to turn 4. That may save you a bit of time through the first sector, hope this helps :)

Yes I try to keep a tight line on turn 2 but could never seem to get 3 perfect and was always waiting to put the gas down or I would hit the wall. I will try breaking earlier and see what happens. I liked the swimming pool section of the track best.

I had to check every single corner in the final sector in photomode and even so it wasn't that quick.

Edit: Here's one.

picture.php

Last edited:
I spent yesterday just trying to drift the whole track to find lines that I hadn’t found before, and when I stopped being so ridged and text book I got a certain understanding about the arcs and flow of the turns. I reapplied myself to the new WFO line that had very little tracking time and more like wide open before the turn opend up and started blowing through the turns lit live and happening. The flow of the track finally took place and the turns all came together. I think I’m done after that last dose and giving me my best final by over a tenth but couldn’t better my T1/T2, I now become a sitting duck for any of my D3ers, good luck. :)

sitduk2.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone who can't master the handbrake (I couldn't) - I recommend downshifting to 1st, it REALLY engine brakes and you can use it to your advantage in the same way to get a slightly earlier exit, but watch the rev limiter cos the silly thing only does about 12mph in 1st!

Agree. Last night I discovered how well this thing engine-brakes, and proved to myself via a one-touch dirty lap, that a better lap is out there for me. Hopefully trying again tonight.

Nice splits, you have knocked me off the podium in my first ever WRS event :ouch:

Resident Alien CT is.... Divsion1 Gold........ accept that there will be much more of that being served up.

The only reason i'm as high as i am through the first 5 weeks is that half of the Top D1 Gold and D1 Silver guys are off doing GT Academy EU... when they all return i'll be happy to make Top 15 each week.

Going to submit my time with these splits. This combo is very tough, and will be busy for the rest of the weekend. Good Luck to everyone :cheers:

My one and probably only run. Work has taken over my weekends :(

T1: 26.961
T2: 43.644

Fantastic splits CT :drool:

Nice to see you got some time in your busy personal life to have a run at this weeks WRS. 👍

Phillip.

I had to check every single corner in the final sector in photomode and even so it wasn't that quick.

Yet ANOTHER Rookie question from me.
How do i go to photo mode?
I would like to check my run this way.
I think at the moment i am pushing the limits of being close to dirty.

Cheers All !!!

When watching your replay press start to pause the game and photo mode is in the bottom right of your screen

First you have to exit out of your run and click save best lap/ghost replay. Then, to view it, you have to go into A-spec and click on the replay button. Watch the replay and at any point press start and click on photo mode to move the camera around freely.

T1: 0'27.276
T2: 0'44.748

Starting to figure this baby out. I turned off the wall magnet with the RA menu and that helps a lot.

Last edited:
Hi all
Struggling with this one

T1: 29.005
T2: 47.228

Set 2 days ago not been close since :nervous:
All the best
ninja

Slightly slower T1 but faster T2 and a second at the line. More to come.

New splits, left over a tenth in T1 but had a solid last 2 sectors. I might have a few more tenths overall in me but it is going to take some luck to string it all together.

T1: 27.094
T2: 43.702

STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE SIR! Man! Can't stop chasing it. Taking a break.

EDIT:

On 2nd thought, back to the 🤬'ing drawing board.

azur1small.jpg
azursmall.jpg

Break is over.

Last edited:
To my own surprise, I managed to string some good bits together. Perhaps it helped that I did not really notice the clock during the lap :crazy:

It does not get much better than that if I am to do anything else this weekend :dunce:

T1: 27.168
T2: 44.092

For me this has been the hardest week so far... I can't get on with the car or track...:indiff:

T1: 27.921
T2: 45.830

STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE SIR! Man! Can't stop chasing it. Taking a break.

EDIT:

On 2nd thought, back to the 🤬'ing drawing board.

azur1small.jpg
azursmall.jpg

Break is over.

Phew! I had a couple of runs like that..aren't they frustrating?? I had beaten a PB by over a second earlier this week, and on replay noticed i barely nudged the left wall running a little too wide before the chicane on the run to the finish line.

I couldn't believe it...

Take a long break! ;)

👍 Yeah I really like this track, no time for me to go somewere else with my mind. You have to be very focussed the whole lap or you will crash.
My splits at the time are:

T1: 27.559
T2: 45.399

1+2 1'12.958

Still a view sessions to go.

Back