GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 6 : 2011 Rally of Monaco

• Thread starter EDK
  • 626 comments
Anyways, I wish I could be as 'slow' as you. You are comfortably ahead of me on the leaderboard:sly:

I wasn't in the grand valley one, I think you were miles ahead 👍 Anyway, maybe you have a ripper T3, guess we'll all know soon when results are posted. Dunno how the top guys were getting into the mid 43's, that's completely insane! Looking forward to those replays, for me WRS is all about learning to improve my style and chasing those ghosts will help.

I just want to say sorry for posting splits and not submitting. I did plan on submitting but was caught up in the damn real world :grumpy: Sorry chaps.

I'll do my best to submit when I post splits now.

I just want to say sorry for posting splits and not submitting. I did plan on submitting but was caught up in the damn real world :grumpy: Sorry chaps.

I'll do my best to submit when I post splits now.

No worries. I hope the real world shows kindness on you soon.

Can we now openly discuss final times?

_SHig

Let's keep the suspense until it's (un)official.

We could guess where the winning time will be though. I think it will be a 1'34.878 by JoshMuggo (unless Holland snuck one in without adding it to the board)

Let's keep the suspense until it's (un)official.

We could guess where the winning time will be though. I think it will be a 1'34.878 by JoshMuggo (unless Holland snuck one in without adding it to the board)

hahaha thats funny!

Why didn't you submit, when you were posting your splits? Multiple submissions are allowed nowadays. ;) Better Luck next time, I guess. 👍

He's not the only one who spaced it off...... lol, Little and I got busy and threw that week away and didn't submit either... oh well, were just in it for the challenge and to see how we compare. Good luck to everyone this week as I go to get my NASCAR game now and contemplate how I am going to split my time between the WRS and my new toy.... lol

I don't mean to be rude, but I'd love everyone to submit their times, when they actually give a combo a try and posts splits. I think it's a bit unfair to only post "good" times to improve your chances for a podium or for a promotion. The turnout every week would probably be a bit bigger. 👍

I don't mean to be rude, but I'd love everyone to submit their times, when they actually give a combo a try and posts splits. I think it's a bit unfair to only post "good" times to improve your chances for a podium or for a promotion. The turnout every week would probably be a bit bigger. 👍

I agree with you, everyone who has posted splits should really be submitting their time. I want to take part in as many weeks as I can. I don't like Eiger but that won't stop me posting a time this week, no matter how good or rubbish it may be.:)

Whether or not you submit a final time is really an individual decision. There are some weeks when I know I'm capable of a particular time, but I just struggle to achieve it, typically due to not having time for additional runs.

That happened to me in week 4. You'll find me on the board, but I never made it back to the combo, and I didn't submit. Considering my splits put me in D3/D4 territory, I think I made the right decision.

Most of us who have run WRS for a number of years are accustomed to submitting once we are happy with our final time. I expect that I'll continue to operate that way.

I agree with you, everyone who has posted splits should really be submitting their time. I want to take part in as many weeks as I can. I don't like Eiger but that won't stop me posting a time this week, no matter how good or rubbish it may be.:)

I hate Eiger so much it's not funny. I will start week 7 tonight so we will see how my splits compare to normal. Really not looking forward to it.

I didn't like Eiger before this week.... but its kinda growing on me. I think its the challenge of trying to keep up with you guys that makes it fun...

I agree with Horst also, but I think all that would do is keep people from posting their splits.

Soooooo....while we wait for the results....

Was anyone crazy enough to use the cramped cockpit view on the Citroen?
Bumper cam for me, when trying to set good times.

No just the dials on the screen for me, I bow down to those who are consistent using the cockpit view, especially around a track like Monaco :bowdown:

Gravitron

I've used it every week so far. :)

Although sometimes when I watch my replay I feel like there are places that I could have gotten back on the gas a little bit sooner, and wonder if the cockpit is slowing me down.

I flicked the view to cockpit a few times, but it just felt like I was trying to drive while looking through a mail slot. The screen was cut in thirds - a third roof, a third track and a third dashboard. Changing the viewing angle only improved it slightly.

I like to admire my replays in cockpit view but that is it. I played all of Prologue with it though, no clue how though. Bumper cam FTW.

Edit: Apollo,
As I said I used to use cockpit but I realized during License tests that I was just much faster in bumper. I can judge apexes better and get on the gas a lot sooner. I would give it a try.

Last edited:
I always use the cockpit cam for the first few laps, and then switch to the bumper cam after I get a feel for the car.

The cockpit cams in GT5 are pretty awful so I steer clear. Would have been better if they'd just changed the standard driver cam (often erroneously called bumper) to draw the hood and I'd be happy.

Back