GTP_WRS Leaderboard Discussion and Feedback

• Thread starter steven
  • 1,073 comments
Lefty was just trying to bump the thread, as EDK said. Not sure the harsh response was warranted - but this is clearly a misunderstanding so let's not get hung up about it!

You can post bug reports on this link btw gents: http://wrs.gtplanet.net/bugs/

I am guessing/assuming that it's probably better to log issues via that than get them lost inside this thread?

I am guessing/assuming that it's probably better to log issues via that than get them lost inside this thread?

I think either is fine. Joost is really good about checking this thread, he just happens to be away until Saturday.

We can fix some issues without him, but any that are specific issues with the code, or how it's dealing with a particular situation, are his to fix.

I apologise if I sounded harsh against Lefty about his remark to Joost and his not solving the leaderboard issue immediately.

Sorry for any misunderstanding and I don’t know about a thread bump, if any thing it would be called a post bump if that can really happen and that wasn’t my intention. I was just wanting to make this issue known to the powers to be for ever ones sake and not just my issues. I also know that the glue that holds the forum together is provided by love of sport/game and volunteerism. If it took 1 day or 1 year to fix the issue doesn’t matter to me only that it be recognized.

I apologise if I sounded harsh against Lefty about his remark to Joost and his not solving the leaderboard issue immediately.

It's no big deal Steven I know what stress is all about and apology accepted, it's all good man :)

As i'm just back from enjoying a nice (offline) holiday, response times may have disapointed some, but rest assured, the noted points will be looked at.

But as stated in this thread before, the results are still in beta (and quite some work has to be done to get the results on the board in sync) so there may be some wrong results on the board. For the official results you should look at the threads on the forums until mentioned otherwise.

I finally had some time to properly fix the flag system on the board.

The board now features the gray as well as red flags. These are visible in the results of the weeks and in the user pages.

I've manually checked all weeks on the leaderboard with the forums and have corrected the leaderboard where needed.

All weeks should now have correct results, so Plato, Lefty, CSLACR and others, your results should now ok!

Let me know if I missed something.

:cheers:

Joost

/edit:

I've also enhanced the green flag logic on the leaderboard as some green flags were not automatically recognized from the results thread.

(You can check the leaderboard for the list of replays that need to be checked and directly download them from the leaderboard.)

Last edited:
Thanks for sorting that issue Joost, I can now gloat at my very first week in the WRS with my overall podium :sly:

Thanks again for taking the time to sort it 👍

Thanks Joost! That was fast. Hopefully I'll post some new splits tonight (if I can best those times) and we'll verify my controller gets updated.

Just posted some new splits and the leader board now recognizes the T500 from my sig... Confirmed fix! Thanks.

Thanks Guys! :cheers:

I've added the T500 to the recognized wheels, so it should be fixed now.

Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked through this thread but didn't see anything concerning the Fanatec wheels.

The leader board shows n/a for controller type under my tag. I have GT2 in my signature, maybe it should be PWGT2 or something else to be recognized. Not a big deal at all, just happened to notice
it.

Ignore above, I think I figured out how to trick the leader board. I'll put G25 in my sig. then change back after it recognizes it.

Last edited:
Hate to request more work for Joost, but the leaderboard Results section for Week 21 Mini Me isn't recognizing MadMax86's 4 checked replays in the Week 21 Unoffical Results thread.

This function is so useful, just want to see it made as smart as possible! 👍

Maybe because it's in a QUOTE? Also w-g-e's lap isn't showing up as submitted, maybe because EDK submitted it for him.

Thanks for the report mate, it's not being recognized because WRSFetchbot ignores all quoted content to ignore parsing errors (otherwise it would update your splits when you quoted somebody else).

I don't think this is something I can easily fix, as it would introduce all sorts of other problems. I've updated MaxMax's post (removed the quote). It should be parsed ok now.

/edit: I manually put Fetchbot to work and the flags have been parsed :) (it would have done it automatically, but I didn't want to wait :D)

I remember a few weeks ago Joost fixed my lack of entry of a country in my wrs submission for me, and it showed the correct flag, but now it seems to have somehow reverted back to UK.
?

Something odd going on with just the one split this week.

It's grabbed my time from the first post, and the sort order is not right either.

EDK
Something odd going on with just the one split this week.

It's grabbed my time from the first post, and the sort order is not right either.

There was a bug where the total time would not be calculated if the week had only 1 split, causing the ordering to be lost. This has been fixed.

And i've modified the bot to always ignore the first post when checking for splits.

Strange, I reuploaded the green flag as it was deleted from imageshack, so the url has changed. But I have modified fetchy to recognize the new url, something must not be 100% correct.

I'll take a look when i'm home, thanks :)

Back