B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
When I put a friends drivers under "Always Use", and the rest under "Randomly", it only uses the bobs in the Always list. How do I make it so that they are always used, and the other gaps in the race are filled with others friends?

Thecla246
This is great but how do I change up the drivers being used? Most of the time the same drivers of my old friends are being used when I went to use some of my new friends drivers. Help?

Right click while it is running then manage drivers.

Yonis, would you please make a button to enable dbug window for mac and windows?

This info should also be on the first page of this thread in the original post. The country codes for tracks too in the first post. So everything stays there and is easy to find. Because I can't find the way to get the debug on my mac and windows.

Thanks! This will help a lot money wise, after what PD did with the 1.07 update.

EDIT:

Remote Race Country Codes:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc...NkMEdweGZUelc0VWc&hl=en&authkey=CKaL11E#gid=0

Put "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in the debug window, where id is the ID of the race you want to run.

but how do you get the debug window on mac and windows? This needs to be all put in the original post and a button added in the widget like yonis said there would be.

To get to the Yahoo Widget Debug Mode you need to hold shift+control and right click on the Yahoo Widget icon.

The Yahoo Widget Icon looks like a pair of small gears.

On a Mac: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found on the Menu bar at the top of the screen (where the time/date, speaker icon, apple icon and the like are found). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+left click on the Icon.

On a Windows machines: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found in the System Tray in the tool bar (where the time/date and other application and system icons hang out). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+right click on the Icon.

You cannot get to the debug mode by clicking in any way on the Yahoo Widget itself (where the Grinder is).

After you have ctrl+shift+right (or left) clicked on the icon then left click on it and "Debug Mode" should now appear in the menu list. Click on Debug Mode and the Debug window should open up after you stop and restart the Grinder Widget.

For the Remote Race Country Codes for the tracks for your country check out this table: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CKaL11E#gid=0

Put "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in the text entry line at the bottom of the Debug window, where "id" is the ID of the race you want to run. Hit return and the number should appear above in the debug window. I think you only need to do this once as it seems to remember the track setting (unless you delete/reinstall the widget).

Mike

Last edited:
To get to the Yahoo Widget Debug Mode you need to hold shift+control and right click on the Yahoo Widget icon.

The Yahoo Widget Icon looks like a pair of small gears.

On a Mac: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found on the Menu bar at the top of the screen (where the time/date, speaker icon, apple icon and the like are found).

On a Windows machines: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found in the System Tray in the tool bar (where the time/date and other application and system icons hang out).

You cannot get to the debug mode by clicking in any way on the Yahoo Widget itself (where the Grinder is).

After you have ctrl+shift+right clicked on the icon then left click on it and "Debug Mode" should now appear in the menu list. Click on Debug Mode and the Debug window should open up.

For the Remote Race Country Codes for the tracks for your country check out this table: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CKaL11E#gid=0

Put "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in the text entry line at the bottom of the Debug window, where "id" is the ID of the race you want to run. Hit return and the number should appear above in the debug window. I think you only need to do this once as it seems to remember the track setting (unless you delete/reinstall the widget).

Mike

Thanks.
You don't right click on the mac. Right click does nothing. You shift control left click the yahoo menu top of screen. It puts debug there in the list. But no debug window opens anywhere ever even if debug is checked.

@ Yonis.

Hi Yonis

And thanks for your powerfull Grinder !

May I suggest you some features for a next version :
- the possibility to move friend (in Friends list) by a right-click : Move to "Always, Reciprocate, Never..."
- not show Friends who don't shared any driver
- a better view, more options, statistics (+ or - count) , about Reciprocate.

AMIcalement.

To make things simple, when the widget uses 4 threads, it means that it starts 4 entities of the same piece of software to try to reserve 4 friends' drivers in parallel, so potentially, it makes populating the grid 4 times faster.

Sometimes, though, it's too fast for the servers and the widget doesn't find enough drivers available.

(AlFrance, sympa de voir quelques Français dans les environs...)

Last edited:
Guess it's time for a status update!

Widget:
I'm not going to spend much more energy on it. My efforts are now concentrated on the browser extension. I've gotten lots of translations for the UI, so I'm going to make some quick layout changes, put in the translations, and release an update. I will continue to support it if it breaks.

Browser Extension:
Going well. You can track my progress on GitHub. It's not going to be ready soon as there's a lot of work to be done, but I've gotten a good start on it, and I'm feeling pretty good about it so far.

Right now I'm looking at what needs to be done to get it working in Firefox. I'm used to Chrome and Safari's model where you have a main HTML page that drives the extension in the background, but Firefox's model uses XUL, which is a bit different.

Guess it's time for a status update!

Widget:
I'm not going to spend much more energy on it. {snip} I'm going to make some quick layout changes, put in the translations, and release an update. I will continue to support it if it breaks.

I've used the Widget for more than 3 months now and made a donation after 2.0 was released. The Widget has worked flawlessly. 👍

I'm glad to hear that the widget will be updated one last time and supported if it breaks (or more likely GT5 servers make a change). I run Widget from work (IE only) and from an old PC at home. I personally won't be able to take advantage of the non-IE browser extension.

tadlock
I've used the Widget for more than 3 months now and made a donation after 2.0 was released. The Widget has worked flawlessly. 👍

I'm glad to hear that the widget will be updated one last time and supported if it breaks (or more likely GT5 servers make a change). I run Widget from work (IE only) and from an old PC at home. I personally won't be able to take advantage of the non-IE browser extension.

Same here for the foreseeable future. Might move to a Mac desktop in the future.

I actually think the extension would be cool for me. I have a mac mini sitting by my tv for media center and it would be perfect. doesn't use a lot of power, is quiet, and not the fastest thing but could still run my Boxee while serving up Bob with races.

PSN: gearloos

Gotta ask about most efficient settings for the widget. I have about a dozen friends on there and want to maximize their use. I've tried putting them in different places (always use, random), and "leave1". Yet my grinder routinely has half full fields. It ran over 30 races since yesterday, and about 75% of them had 8 or less cars in them. One had 5!

Gearloos and Jon__M are two of my best grinders, and it's just not running them and others enough, regardless of where I put them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gotta ask about most efficient settings for the widget. I have about a dozen friends on there and want to maximize their use. I've tried putting them in different places (always use, random), and "leave1". Yet my grinder routinely has half full fields. It ran over 30 races since yesterday, and about 75% of them had 8 or less cars in them. One had 5!

Gearloos and Jon__M are two of my best grinders, and it's just not running them and others enough, regardless of where I put them.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

I seem to have the most consistently full fields with 2 threads and 15 sec delay.

Try decreasing your number of threads and increasing delay. This should result in more full fields.

tadlock
I seem to have the most consistently full fields with 2 threads and 15 sec delay.

Try decreasing your number of threads and increasing delay. This should result in more full fields.

Will try that, thanks!

Back