B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
With me it's probably just because I'm on with a lot of friends racing my bob's. Bob is so busy I usually have to wait a lot of times to even collect the winnings. sometimes I just give up. I usually only have 1 or 2 Bobs able to race. So if you have only a few friends it may be just that you can only get 1 or 2 drivers that are available from each and you don't have enough to fill your field. Try adding more friends. I have a lot and use the default settings on the widget and every single race I do is a full field of 16.
Might be wrong, but just my 2c...

PSN: gearloos

Last edited:
Ok trying to setup the widget but unable to download it , the link on the first page is no longer working , can anyone help me with this please

EDIT

Silly me i had to right click download as , i got it now , gonna try to set it up

EDIT

Ok . having issues setting it up , i cant remember my password and the psn site seems to be down so im unable to get it at this moment , oh well good things come to those who wait

Last edited:
Not sure if this is something, but I keep getting "There is nobody to race" messages even though I can see that the drivers are available.

EDIT: I can run the race from within GT5, but I also noticed that there is a maintenance period message up - would that give this result?

EDIT: These messages are coming from the GT website itself and not from the widget.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is something, but I keep getting "There is nobody to race" messages even though I can see that the drivers are available.

That's an issue with gran-turismo.com, I had the same yesterday.
Switched to US and it's working again.

Ok finally installed everything properly but im getting that server issues , any advice anyone ?

EDIT : Got it working guys so anyone who wants me to help em out add me

PSN : skengdigi

Last edited:
Making the widget keep retrying to connect should be the.focus. not some stupid.browser extension.
Sometimes people do other stuff for a while with ps3 so it'd be nice not have to manually re do things on the widget. It needs to keep trying for as long as it takes.be it a.few hrs or.days.

Hey guys. I just got the widget but it hasn't worked for me yet because the server is down for maintenance I guess, but once it's back up I'd love to get some gt5 friends and help any one out with this. Please add me. Psn is blackhawk1994. Thanks guys!

You must 'Force Reauthentication'
It'll make the widget log in on PSN again and update your friend list.

This does not seem to solve all for me:

1) The person raced my drivers again after I accepted the friends request so he has been online. (did not try to run the friend remotelyfrom PC, did it from the PS3)
2) Even uninstalled the yahoo widgets and reinstalled it to try to refresh the list, sometimes this seems to help.
3) Even more weird, I run from different PCs days and nights, the friends list between the 2 are different, only on the very recent friends.

Is there a way to delete the friends stored, to assure the widget has to look?

P.S.: I must test again to assure my points are 100% proven, but it worries me, certainly since some ran my racers and I had trouble returning the favour.

Vince_Fiero, when the maintenance issue is gone, log off the gran-turismo website, then delete the cookies and log on again. It may help.

Thanks.
You don't right click on the mac. Right click does nothing. You shift control left click the yahoo menu top of screen. It puts debug there in the list. But no debug window opens anywhere ever even if debug is checked.

Doh! I have corrected my original post to reflect this and also added the bit about stopping and restarting the Widget.

Thanks for the corrections.

Mike 8-{>

Before anyone posts about the widget saying server maintenance or whatever.
Please try to login yourself to www.gran-turismo.com, if it's down there, the widget is down as well.

Actually the widget is not reporting it, only the GT website.

The other aspect though, this happens about every second race. The widget will start with both friends, then one will get dropped for every other race.

Mikerobe
Doh! I have corrected my original post to reflect this and also added the bit about stopping and restarting the Widget.

Thanks for the corrections.

Mike 8-{>

Also thank you for helping me.

I wish this info was in yonis first post with his download link.

Actually the widget is not reporting it, only the GT website.

Thank yonis for storing cookies. Switched remote off yesterday to have a go at the seasonals and decided to give my PS3 a night rest (had been on for days on end). Just switched my PS3 back on to do my trade, went into server standby mode, and started the widget. Remote races are going again even though the servers are still under maintenance. Nice! :)

The other aspect though, this happens about every second race. The widget will start with both friends, then one will get dropped for every other race.

Happens to quite a few people. Try changing the concurrent threads and driver reservation delay settings, if you haven't already done so, this seems to help some people.

A solution that works for me:
Everyone in the random section
Enough friends to have enough available drivers for 2 full grids
4 threads
25 sec delay

What would cause the widget to not choose drivers that I have in the always use section. ???? If anyone can help me out , id appreciate it , too many pages in the past that ive missed for me to look thru.

What would cause the widget to not choose drivers that I have in the always use section. ???? If anyone can help me out , id appreciate it , too many pages in the past that ive missed for me to look thru.

@ SkengD

Because they are busy.

But also the gran-turismo servers might be too slow to select the drivers, even if nobody is using them.

Linked to threads and delay, playing with this can help, just like the advise below

A solution that works for me:
Everyone in the random section
Enough friends to have enough available drivers for 2 full grids
4 threads
25 sec delay

Back