Reviews From The Red Valley: #7 Team Shmo Mini COOPER S '05

Dylans,

Thanks for the tunes, the alfa tune is fabulous. It goes very well for they type of car. To test it, I had a race with bog standard subaru impreza and I won. The handling is jaw dropping, it handles like a train.

Oh and the last thing is, it looks amazing because it is a ALFA, and ALFA'S are sexy.

Overall verdict 9/10

The only thing I would like is more power, but thats the most you can get out of it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tune but this is a review spot for me Zach and Roj to review cars, what you should do is post reviews for my tunes in the RVR Tuning thread!

I'm happy that you like the tune though!
👍

I'm glad you enjoyed the tune but this is a review spot for me Zach and Roj to review cars, what you should do is post reviews for my tunes in the RVR Tuning thread!

I'm happy that you like the tune though!
👍

oh sorry I thought you could post your own reviews as well, my bad.

BMW M5 '08 - Reviewed by Dylans1o

KuURH.jpg

bDT7x.jpg

This car is painted Red Mica Crystal Shine with chrome aftermarket wheels!

But... before that lets look at the specs!!!

Displacement - 4999cc
Max. Power - 512BHP/8000RPM
Max. Torque - 54 kgfm/ 6000RPM
Drivetrain - FR
Length - 4855mm
Width - 1846mm
Height - 1469mm
Weight - 1855Kg
Performance Points - 517

So this car is stock except an oil change and a few miles (24.6 miles) which means its on Sports hard! So with that said lets get reviewing!

Visuals
Well this is my opinion.. but here we go! The car looks modern and stylish with a high sense of im rich coming from it! Although if you drove this thing you would get those looks off people thats like: ohh theres that rich guy from down the street.. god I hate him! But all in all the car is stylish and the interior is something to droll over! Tech and leather are a great combo! With that being said if you keep it unlocked overnight dont expect it to be there in the morning!

Acceleration/Top Speed
Despite the weight of 1855 Kg the M5 does very good in this catagory! I headed off to Route 7 to get some results! 0-60mph in this thing took me aprx. 4.2 seconds which is blisteringly fast for a luxury car! 0-100mph took me 9.6 seconds which is nearly impossible to believe due to its weight! The top speed of the car is an amazing 196mph but it will take its time getting there! Overall these results are definitely ones to be proud about BMW!

Handling
This is where the M5 drops the ball! Unfortunately the 512 BHP is too much for the FR drivetrain to handle and the car turns into a drift monster! This car is in dire need of better tyres! The 1855Kg also means it takes a long time to brake which means handling wise this car is a disaster indeed!!! You can tell that this car was not made at all for the race track and is better off being driven slow!

Verdict

Visuals - 8/10
The car looks pretty nice but you wont get any friends for driving one! Its also a stealing magnet!

Acceleration/Top Speed - 10/10
Great acceleration and even better Top Speed!

Handling - 5.5/10
Bad cornering and the brakes are even worse! In need of modification!

Overall - 7.6/10
The M5 is a car with great potential but really needs a tune! I would recommend... somewhat!

Tuning Tips!
If your on a low budget get sports soft tires and a new suspension set! The M5 will be improved greatly after you make these settings and these would be the ones that I would recommend you do!

But if you dont have any budget try RVR's, RKM's tunes or one of the many other tunes

Heres a few pictures of the handling test

NwmQb.jpg

7ONiB.jpg

D7FdY.jpg

About the M5, I'd keep it all-stock when it comes to visuals. I love its stock rims.

And oh, everything's okay about this thread though, but I got this idea that's all along with me... "Reviews from the Red Valley", does that sound good enough? :lol: Disregard if you wish, anyway this isn't my thread, it's yours. :D

About the M5, I'd keep it all-stock when it comes to visuals. I love its stock rims.

And oh, everything's okay about this thread though, but I got this idea that's all along with me... "Reviews from the Red Valley", does that sound good enough? :lol: Disregard if you wish, anyway this isn't my thread, it's yours. :D

It was like that befor3 my review
and for the name we'll see and all three of us will decide!

Thanks for noticing cowboy, will change that now.

Take a virtual cookie for your epic observation skills! :D
IbwAc.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of doing the SLR too? The premium one would be the better one, since it's easier to get.

Thinking of doing the SLR too? The premium one would be the better one, since it's easier to get.

Ohhh Great idea but what im currently planning is doing reviews of newer tuner companies go get them some publicity maybe Roj or Zach will be able to handle this review!

nRlor.png

YNdGH.jpg

This is the SLR McLaren, built in a partnership between famed F1 success McLaren and of course Mercedes-Benz. This car was different from any other Benz on the road, as it utilized a body composed of entirely carbon-fiber, dropping the weight down to an incredible 1768Kg.

Specs:
Displacement: 5439cc
HP: 598
Torque: 558ft-lb
Drivetrain: FR
Length: 4656mm
Width: 1908mm
Height: 1261mm
Weight: 1768Kg

Now for the actual review, which will be broken down into 5 categories: Looks, Top speed, Handling, Lasting Appeal, and Final Comments.

Looks: 10/10 This car looks beautiful on the outside and on the inside. The detail on the wheels are incredible. The red interior also acted as a "sore thumb" to the shiny silver paint, but in a good way.
Top Speed: 8/10 The 600+HP was promising as far as top speed goes, but we stopped dead in our tracks at 205MPH. We expected more.
Handling: 6/10 Plenty of understeer to go around, and the tiny retractable spoiler did little to nothing to keep this car on the track. Overall, going around corners smoothly was not what Mercedes/McLaren had in mind while making this car.
Lasting Appeal: 7.5/10 This car is sure to impress your friends, but not your bank account. If you're looking to buy an SLR McLaren, expect $600,000+ to drain from your account.
Final Comments: In conclusion, the SLR McLaren is an average car. Looks aren't always everything when it comes to choosing a car. If you're tight on funds, definitely look past this car.

FINAL RATING: 6.5/10

8yY0N.png

V9AzOl.jpg

tuvI4l.jpg

Pictured In Blu Daytona Metallizato with aftermarket wheels!

Just before we get into the full review here are the tune specs (BHP is slightly different than tune suggest!)

Displacement: 1598 cc
Max. Power: 312BHP/6800rpm
Max. Torque: 40kgfm/4900rpm
Drivetrain: FF
Length: 3655 mm
Width: 1690 mm
Height: 1455 mm
Weight: 1004kg
Performance Points: 492

This Mini is at 0 miles with an oil change and all modifications that Team Shmo's tune suggests! All tunes have been turned off except ABS which is at 1!

Well with that out of the way lets give this tune a review!

Visuals:
The Mini Cooper S '05 is a car that many people would know if they saw it on the streets! It is a casual car that blends in with the rest!
Although this is a modified version of the car so many people who would give it a performance upgrade would give it a visual upgrade too! Well slight modifications suit the car quite well and in my opinion would not ruin the looks of the car in anyway! The design is due an upgrade soon though!

Performance:
We shipped the Mini Cooper S '05 Team Shmo Edition to France to get some result for this category at Circuit De La Sarthe (No Chicanes). We set the car up and on our 0 to 60mph run it got there in aprx. 4.7 seconds. On our second test which was 0 to 100mph the Team Shmo Mini did this in 8.2 Seconds! The Mini Cooper S '05 Team Shmo Edition will red line a 160mph which is quite amazing for a Mini although is quite odd for it having a 6 Gear Trasmission!

Handling:
In this Mini Cooper S '05 Team Shmo Edition the handling had been immensely improved over the ordinary Cooper S! The car feels more flexible and easier to turn! This means that Team Shmo must have greatly tuned the Suspension and the LSD! The understeer will still lurk around at higher speeds but for the most part has been banished from the car! The cars brakes have gotten an overhaul and the car feels like it could take part in a form of racing!

The Verdict:

Visuals: 8.5/10
Small and funky but can become a monster with too much modifications!

Performance: 8/10
The car is fast for a Mini but there are faster cars in its class!

Handling 9/10
The best thing about this car is the handling! Although some understeer is still among the car most has been banished.... the brakes are good too!

Overall: 8.6/10
Amazing Tune with much improved handling although Team Shmo did tune tune the transmission to top out to early!

Link To Tune:
Here is a link to Team Shmo's great Mini Cooper Tune.... Just click this:

Click This

Last edited:
Hmmm, interesting. I got that SLR from a trade and kept it just for looks, but yeah it turns like the moon. The camera positions on the hood cam and chase cam are awkward too, I hope PD would patch it sometime.

So that means the SLR is just like the 8C - not really that practical but it's a good example of art being applied on cars.

And oh, you need to lay off the exclamation marks a bit Dylans1o. Sometimes it would be confusing if you are just simply saying or if you are emphasizing something.

Hope you take this as constructive criticism.

And oh, you need to lay off the exclamation marks a bit Dylans1o. Sometimes it would be confusing if you are just simply saying or if you are emphasizing something.

Hope you take this as constructive criticism.

Ok!!!!!!! but I like to express myself using "!" and on a random note dosent that blue look elegant? :P

EDIT: What do you think of the various colours uMadson..?

Ok!!!!!!! but I like to express myself using "!" and on a random note dosent that blue look elegant? :P

EDIT: What do you think of the various colours uMadson..?

Yeah but a good writer uses the right punctuation mark at the right situation. Just saying.

Well they look good but I wouldn't advise using the really bright ones such as yellow. Eye-straining colors are eye-straining.

Yeah but a good writer uses the right punctuation mark at the right situation. Just saying.

Well they look good but I wouldn't advise using the really bright ones such as yellow. Eye-straining colors are eye-straining.

True yellow was a stretch so i'll probably use gold from now on to replace yellow. ;)

wow thanks Dylans for reviewing one of my cars, glad you enjoyed it. Just so everyone knows, raise the transmission if your going to huge tracks. I didn't really plan on anyone to be racing a 300hp car at Sarthe no chicane lol. Time to add a disclaimer to my page.

P.S. I got a new doge challenger rm tune coming soon that is going to blow your mind

wow thanks Dylans for reviewing one of my cars, glad you enjoyed it. Just so everyone knows, raise the transmission if your going to huge tracks. I didn't really plan on anyone to be racing a 300hp car at Sarthe no chicane lol. Time to add a disclaimer to my page.

P.S. I got a new doge challenger rm tune coming soon that is going to blow your mind

Cant wait to see! Your welcome... its good to review newer tuners cars to get them some popularity! :D

After you've done that, I've got an idea that'll get ya. Drive each other's entry in the FF shootout and review that :D

Hey as far as my request would be rkm Enzo GT I my eyes this is a real beast but let's see what you think. I am sure that you will agree with me this is one awesome machine.

Hmm……here's an interesting one for you three:
Ferrari 458 vs Mclaren MP4-12C vs Lamborghini Gallardo/Ford GT

Back