Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

You don't have one?!

Nope just an HTC Thunder cell phone. Just got 4G coverage so PSN isn't hating my mobile hotlink connection quite so bad. Who knows it might even let me in an online lobby now!:D:crazy:

The Outlaw Motorsports Tunes

Seat Ibiza Cupra '04
This is the rough tune I used when evaluating the Ibiza Cupra as part of my "Dirty Dozen" finalists for entry into the FF Summer Shootout. I will at some point in the future revisit this car to refine the tune, if for no other reason than the fact that this is one of the best looking hatchbacks in the world, and a bit of an oddball in GT5 coming as it does from Spain.

What to buy
Start with the engine rebuild and chassis tightning from GT Auto.
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Range Turbo Kit
Fully Customizable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Adjustable LSD
Fully Customizable Suspension Kit

[BThe Tune[/B]
Adjust top speed on transmission to match intended track.(for GVS I set it a 162mph. Tracks with longer tracks will need a higher top speed set.)
LSD Initial 10, Acceleration 25, Braking 5
Suspension Settings
Camber Front 2.0, Rear 1.5
Toe Angle Front -0.20, Rear 0.00
Ride Height Adjustment Front -25, Rear -5
Spring Rate Front 8.7, Rear 9.3
All Dampers 4
Anti-Roll Bars Front 2 Rear 2
Brakes Front 7, Rear 8

The car has 505 PP, makes 353 HP and 269 ft-lb torque@6900 rpm with a 7900 rpm redline. The car weighs 1002kg and has a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution.

For the FF shootout testing I used the power limiter set to 97.0 to reach 500 PP and test drove the car on Street Soft tires at Grand Valley Speedway.

Last edited:
I think it's time Harvey did something more……productive than smashing walls :) Tune the Cuore, make it even more bonkers than it is now! :D And give it a wing, just cuz it'll then look like a rally car without the shiny stickers :drool: Oh, put it on sport softs, just for that proper sense of mentality :)

I think it's time Harvey did something more……productive than smashing walls :) Tune the Cuore, make it even more bonkers than it is now! :D And give it a wing, just cuz it'll then look like a rally car without the shiny stickers :drool: Oh, put it on sport softs, just for that proper sense of mentality :)

The Cuore TR-XX is tuned already. I might need to make a couple minor adjustments to the spring rates for SS tires not sure. As for a wing...frankly it gets stuck with the same generic wing choices as 99% of the other cars and with its shape they all look pretty ridiculous, not to mention they slow it down and have an adverse effect on handling while increasing PP pointlessly. SS tires...yes can do:tup: wing:tdown: Naw.
I'll probably send you your Ghia in about 45 minutes to an hour. Want you to compare the 3 turbos and tell me which works best for cruising.

Hey Onboy does the 5 speed close ratio make noise like the fully customizable transmission?

Other than selecting a transmission I think I have the German Lizard ready.:D

It does, but it's slightly dimmer, not as intrusive.

Well your call then the 5speed makes it a cheaper car tune, but the car will hit the rev limit and bounce on longer straights. FC transmission no rev limit as top speed is easily adjusted to prevent it but more expensive build and slightly more gear whine.

Well, since there's no cockpit view (thank you PD -.-), you aren't sat next to the whining thing so the gearbox whine can't be heard too much if you use the chase cam. I say go with the FC transmission.

Well, since there's no cockpit view (thank you PD -.-), you aren't sat next to the whining thing so the gearbox whine can't be heard too much if you use the chase cam. I say go with the FC transmission.
Okay so its low rpm turbo, sport muffler, and FC transmission. I'll post the final tune either tonight before work or tomorrow morning after I get home. There's a couple minor suspension adjustments you'll need to make.

Done here is it.

This chrome paint haha , it hurt myself when i slamed the walls , like real. :)

Gearbox Trimph Spitfire.

Monaco

Transmission how to process:
1- Select .reset to default
2- Select final gear at 3630 (stock)
3- Select top speed at 220 kmh = 136,7 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2866
2: 1943
3: 1506
4: 1204
5: 0995

Nurburgring just moove final gear

Transmission how to process:
1- Select final gear at 2900
2- Set 5 gear ratio at:
5: 0940

Enjoy

Spitfire feedback:

- It is mental to drive. Feels as loose as a Yellowbird, if only slightly tamer.

- Handles quite well, you need to drive it like those old F1 cars to get the most from it though. I.e quick, sharp, direct reactions.

- Gearbox could do with even more acceleration. Good as it is, 2nd and 3rd take a while to pick up. Might need to shorten them and then play with final gear to achieve high top speed.

Oi, Desperado, how's the french confections coming along? (stupid name, but it just came to my mind) I have something real nice for old wallbanger to tweak this time, both are Japanese classics. One has a rotary engine. The other, made by the same people who makes V-TEC engines. I'll deliver them soon.

Spitfire feedback:

- It is mental to drive. Feels as loose as a Yellowbird, if only slightly tamer.

- Handles quite well, you need to drive it like those old F1 cars to get the most from it though. I.e quick, sharp, direct reactions.

- Gearbox could do with even more acceleration. Good as it is, 2nd and 3rd take a while to pick up. Might need to shorten them and then play with final gear to achieve high top speed.
Thanks for the quick review on Quicksilver, will post the tune in a couple of hours when I'm home from work(got another 45 miles to drive yet:P) Praiano set the gears up for Monaco, he also provided the proper adjustment for top speed on a track like Nürburgring. So that will all be included in the tune write up with appropriate credit given of course. Was surprised that even though the car is a FR layout its actually slightly tail heavy (48/52 weight distribution if I remember correctly) which contributes to its tail happy ways. Got a couple more things to try to calm it down a bit more. I was/am quite happy with the way it turns in so crisply and holds its line as long as you don't let the tail get away from you.

Oi, Desperado, how's the french confections coming along? (stupid name, but it just came to my mind) I have something real nice for old wallbanger to tweak this time, both are Japanese classics. One has a rotary engine. The other, made by the same people who makes V-TEC engines. I'll deliver them soon.
Woah didn't realize you were looking for immediate tunes of the French connection...will have to get on that...plus assassin wants to play with BMWs...going to be very busy I see!:D
Did you want anything specific with the French connection or just whatever I felt like with them?

Well need to get back on the road. Get back with you later.👍👍

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was just asking if you were tuning them or not. But it would be nice to see lonely old kermit there being joined by some relatives :)

And the first of the duo has been sent. Ran in, it should be producing enough power to rival the spitfire. World war II has recommenced. Sort of. :D

And any plans on doing a 'kermit unlimited'? No limits, full power, understeer/oversteer/wheelspin city :dopey:

Edit: More feedback on the Spitfire:
The brakes, rear biased, causes the car to whip its arse out far too often. Need to learn to slow down by downshifting as opposed to hard braking.
Wing needs more angle. Higher downforce= more stable
Needs that bit more grip.

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsport tunes.

Isuzu Piazza XX '81
I used this car to just edge out the Ferrari California in the Supercar Eifel race. Passed him on the next to last turn and hung on for the close win.

Parts and modifications made to base vehicle:
Weight reduction; stage 3, window weight reduction, chassis reinforcement
Engine; stage 3, ECU tuning
Intake System; Sports intake manifold, Racing air filter
Exhaust; Sports exhaust manifold, Catalytic converter:Sports, Titanium Racing exhaust
Turbo Kits; High rpm range turbo kit (stage 3)
Transmission; Fully customizable transmission
Drivetrain; Clutch twin plate, flywheel semi-racing, adjustable LSD, Carbon drive shaft
Suspension; Fully customizable kit
Tires; Racing Soft

Set transmission final gear to 5.500, adjust top speed to 155 mph.
Set LSD initial 15, acceleration 35, braking 25
Suspension settings as follows:
Camber angle front 4.0 rear 2.0
Toe angle front -0.20 rear 0.00
Ride height adjustment front -30 rear -20
Spring rate front 14.5 rear 14.0
Dampers (extension) front 8 rear 8
Dampers (compression) front 8 rear 8
Anti roll bars front 6 rear 6
Brakes front 8 rear 9

As tuned complete with engine rebuild the car has 478 PP, 328 HP, and 250 ft/lb torque@6900 rpm. Redline is 7900 rpm and there is very little drop off in bhp and torque between peak power and Redline making this a good car for use with an automatic transmission (the way I drive is with an automatic).
The car exhibited heavy understeer when I first started with it. I have gotten it more or less neutral in handling, but it is still a car that definatly has to be "driven" around corners. One odd quirk in its handling is that its almost impossible to break the rear end free, indeed the car is more likely to roll over than go into a skid or slide.
If you are looking for an offbeat car to challenge your abilities this is a good place to start. If your looking for something a bit easier to drive then watch for my next tune!

As always drive hard and have fun:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
You forgot to remove the original one :) and did you get the duo yet? :D
Cell Phone remember? Takes me a couple minutes to bounce around doing house cleaning.:P

Got the wanker, was actually thinking of doing up a 10b instead of a 10a.

Haven't checked for your other one yet as I just woke up.

Going to post up the tunes for Quicksilver and the German lizard. Need a better name for the German lizard though...oh and I painted the shared one matte black like yours as I think it makes them a nice release set. One insane terror and one relaxed cruiser.

Cell Phone remember? Takes me a couple minutes to bounce around doing house cleaning.:P

Got the wanker, was actually thinking of doing up a 10b instead of a 10a.

Haven't checked for your other one yet as I just woke up.

Going to post up the tunes for Quicksilver and the German lizard. Need a better name for the German lizard though...oh and I painted the shared one matte black like yours as I think it makes them a nice release set. One insane terror and one relaxed cruiser.

LOLOLOLOL!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, did you mean to say that?!! LOL!!! Mods look away, please, hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean though, wankel right? :lol: :D :P :)

LOLOLOLOL!!! HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, did you mean to say that?!! LOL!!! Mods look away, please, hahahahhahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean though, wankel right? :lol: :D :P :)

Yep meant to say it:lol: and yeah I know the term can be used as derogatory...

Uhm why the Jazz? I mean doing classic sports cars.from late 60s early 70s and then an '01 jazz?:confused::crazy:

A Japanese classic, not a classic car. Ok, I think I should rephrase, a Japanese icon is closer to the mark.
And do not switch to the stock gearbox, it's a CVT thing or something, and it's only got 2 gears, and you can only drive auto…

A Japanese classic, not a classic car. Ok, I think I should rephrase, a Japanese icon is closer to the mark.
And do not switch to the stock gearbox, it's a CVT thing or something, and it's only got 2 gears, and you can only drive auto…

What? You think the gearing might be a tad bit off for actual driving with only two speeds?:crazy:

No problem. Well other than a lack of time to do everything.:D
I'll probably make the jazz another cruiser like the Ghia...don't think its really suited for heavy performance tuning.

It doesn't MOVE!!!! I drove it, and it was like driving a crippled Prius! It was nothing………nothing………building up slightly……………still nothing………shift up……stall. It stretches to 214mph!!! I'm surprised it can move!
And can I try your Daihatsu Copen? I want to crack the 8:00:000 mark on the Nurburgring myself, and provide feedback :D

Last edited:
It doesn't MOVE!!!! I drove it, and it was like driving a crippled Prius! It was nothing………nothing………building up slightly……………still nothing………shift up……stall. It stretches to 214mph!!! I'm surprised it can move!
And can I try your Daihatsu Copen? I want to crack the 8:00:000 mark on the Nurburgring myself, and provide feedback :D
HeHe yeah that's what I suspected about the jazz.

I actually haven't had a chance to revisit my Copen tune in a while...something about a FF shootout, and then needing a break from the FF insanity. I mean I love making FFs get up and go so their competitive but...

Anyways going to get the tune for Quicksilver posted now and maybe the Ghia's tune as well before work. Still need a name for the Ghia its just to nice a ride not to have a name.

Oh and any chance you have a Chrome chip I can trade you for? Have one more spit I want to do up and give to praiano for his help.

I don't, but I'll ask around, or I can give him mine, although I'd rather stab myself than see it go……
And if you're looking for a name, I'd look up a alternate name for lizard…GTR got Godzilla, WRX got the Rex, so………I don't know? Iguana? Gecko? Chameleon?

I don't, but I'll ask around, or I can give him mine, although I'd rather stab myself than see it go……
And if you're looking for a name, I'd look up a alternate name for lizard…GTR got Godzilla, WRX got the Rex, so………I don't know? Iguana? Gecko? Chameleon?

Well the whole lizard thing was a bad play on words from me. Have to ask praiano for proper spelling but I was going off Ghilla or however its spelled that sounds a lot like Ghia when you say it. And as a cruiser the Ghia isn't really a large, fast and vicious monster like the lizard in question. Oh well I'm sure that sooner or later I'll think of something.

Oh by the way think I have someone lined up to do some photos for the tunes.:)
Also don't worry about giving Praiano your Quicksilver I already told him I would send him one that's not chromed yet.
Glad to see you like the car though.👍👍 the Chrome was originally supposed to be a joke because of you wanting the matte black Ghia but when I saw it...wow and I don't usually like chromed cars.:crazy:

Last edited:
If I were you, I'd paint it British racing green or matte grey. Everything's better with matte :D

Funny guy:lol: I actually painted the original one in a British racing green before I saw the way yours looked Chrome. It looked okay but wasn't anything special. I actually need to find at least one more Spit in the UCD so I can have one to use and one shared. As soon as I send this one to praiano I'll just have the one on share.

Back