Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
What you've said is for the most part true, but let's do a quick comparison. I don't really like to bring out that other game, but seeing as how it's the closest console racer competitor it's inevitable. First let's take a look at the gran-turismo.com website. (this is off the US version of the site)

Good post.

I'm always a little amused at people who dont understand why the Japanese members of a Japanese company dont hang out on an English language website for a chat.

He could give more information if he wanted to. Take for instance IL-2 BOP, the developer is Russian and their forums are in English. The CEO of Gaijin is Russian but yet he feels the need to let the community know all kinds of stuff and always answered questions about said game, and he continues to post and answer questions on their forum. I don't know how passionate he is about flight games or if he is as passionate about flight games as Kaz is about driving games but most of Gaijins game are about flight.

Now I know his games are not as big as Gran Turismo and having a larger project would, could definitley mean less time to communicate but if he took all his tweets and compiled them and actually laid out a plan in a list of what he is working on that we will get, it would be a lot better.

If Kaz took more time to do this and talk to the community there would be a lot less confusion and a lot happier user base. Gran Turismo hides behind a smoke screen.

Last edited:
It's Kaz Birthday, hopefully he will anounces an update as part of the comemorations.. LOL

Seriously now, someone has asked for a rainbow when it stops raining in the game, and Kaz LIKED the idea! LOL+

alright, so, after a lengthy discussion about anime, Kaz tweeted this:

特に問題を感じていません。RT @totooria_1jz_rs: @Kaz_Yamauchi 昼も書きましたが、山内さんはYoutubeなどの動画サイトにGT5の動画が投稿されることについてはどう思いますか?山内さん個人の意見が聞きたいです。

which google translates as:

Not feel the problems. RT @ totooria_1jz_rs: @ day and wrote a Kaz_Yamauchi, Mr. Yamauchi about GT5 videos that are posted on Youtube and other video sites do you think? Mr. Yamauchi like to hear the opinions of individuals.

In short, a user asked Yamauchi what is his opinion about GT5 videos posted on youtube and similar video sites, and he answered that he feels there isn't any problem in particular with them. It is exactly as it turns out from Google Translate.

This is my translation:

Kaz_Yamauchi: 8月末になりそうです。まずは前回のアップデートで起きた不具合の修正。こじんまりとしたアップデートですみません。RT @kazgt07: @Kaz_Yamauchi 今月のアップデートはいつ頃になりそうでしょうか?

Kaz_Yamauchi: most probably at the end of August. First there will be fixes for bugs occurred with the previous update. Sorry if this one will turn out to be a lean update. RT @kazgt07: @Kaz_Yamauchi when will this month's update most probably come up?

Last edited:
Just make acquired paint chips have unlimited usage, put time/weather options for offline and I'll be happy. That's all I ask, Kaz!

Oh, and the ability to manually be able to turn on/off lights + dashboard, not just headlights would be nice.

Just make acquired paint chips have unlimited usage, put time/weather options for offline and I'll be happy. That's all I ask, Kaz!

Oh, and the ability to manually be able to turn on/off lights + dashboard, not just headlights would be nice.

The first two would be fantastic.👍

Ok it saved me from another disappointment. So bug fixing for the end of Agust? Ok Kaz thanks for letting me know. And thanks to Akira, the most useful translator ever! You should ask money to Jordan for that. :sly:

Last edited:
Lets stay realistic, GT5 is at the end, we´ll got to wait till GT6 and switch to FM4 till GT6...

Anyway, GT5 is still fantastic and mindblowing but there is no hope for leaderboards and DLC anymore...

Yamauchi said in the past weeks that first there would be bug fixes, then a patch introducing new features ("feature update") and DLC.

Yamauchi said in the past weeks that first there would be bug fixes, then a patch introducing new features ("feature update") and DLC.

I think he said that DLC would 'probably follow' the fixes and update.
That's not even a firm commitment, let alone an official announcement.
Dlc would be great though, maybe they're timing something big, to take some of the spotlight
off Forza 4 on release.

Last edited:
I look forward to those bug fixes. Somehow I just think they'll still miss some of them and hopefully not introduce new ones.

Late August? Lets see it's the 9th well almost a month away and then maybe just maybe a late Christmas gift in Feb.

I'm just glad we have all those glitchers out there giving Kaz something to do vs actually giving us more content. Hurry someone check and see if you can get out of another track and earn lots of money the easy way, and then come back and make a thread about it go go go.

I'm also glad he is dedicated to fixing the game, it's just sad that he is still fixing this game that was so ready to be released at any time.

Last edited:
Late August? Lets see it's the 9th well almost a month away and then maybe just maybe a late Christmas gift in Feb.

I'm just glad we have all those glitchers out there giving Kaz something to do vs actually giving us more content. Hurry someone check and see if you can get out of another track and earn lots of money the easy way, and then come back and make a thread about it go go go.

Agree with you. Cheaters and glitchers are really annoying these times because they really will make us wait a lot more for new content. Instead of these patches...

Last edited:
Agree with you. Cheaters and glitchers are really annoying these times because they really will make us wait a lot more for new content. Instead of these patches...

There are several bugs which need to be fixed that has nothing to do with cheaters exposing holes. I don't think all the time trial glitching makes a huge difference when it comes to waiting for these patches. Cheating is bad but it's like fighting dandelions on a lawn. PD planted the first seed so blame them for not getting it right to begin with.

PD planted the first seed so blame them for not getting it right to begin with.

I like the analogy 👍.

But you are right I think mostly everybody does blame PD. If they would have made a complete game then glitches would be minimal and content would be greater.

Just think, if DLC comes two months after this lean update then it will be a year we have been waiting for it.

Sorry I forgot we got helmets and suits.:crazy:

Last edited:
Somebody tell Kaz (politely in his own language) to fix the music in online lobbies. I want to hear the menu music I have selected, not little kids chanting about how their god made them lovely today.

Back