Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
All of the updates we've had have been free and although there hasn't been any DLC, at least we didn't get DLC within the first month, proving that they could have just added the content to the original launch disc. It's inexcusable to have DLC as soon and as often as Turn 10 releases it. They make you pay for what could have easily have been on the disc. I'm not trying to a biased fanboy because it's the truth.

Some communication is better than none at all.

Not knowing what the hell is going is part of the fun, it would be boring if we were in the loop all the time.

Seriously I wonder if PD will ever start directly communicating with the fans other than Kaz's erratic tweeting.

I wish they were more like T10 in that aspect.

Japanese companies have never been good at this and probably will never be.

Anyone played FF11? -.-

Turn 10 puts out a lot of content, but I hardly think they 'listen' to their fans.

They make all the right noises (despite Microsoft and their generally abysmal marketing) and certainly give the impression of listening to "the fans", simply by catering for the "right people" more and more as the series progressed. That is, catering for the biggest audience, like most games, really.

It is so sad that a company of this size with an online community this dedicated has no line of communication with the fans/consumers/players except for one eccentric guy tweeting while he takes a dump about elusive game content that can't be properly translated.

You'd think they'd hire a guy to answer a few questions, give a few updates, something. But apparently all the rage in the racing video game developer community is to just not say anything and let the fans get frustrated. Such a waste.

It is so sad that a company of this size with an online community this dedicated has no line of communication with the fans/consumers/players except for one eccentric guy tweeting while he takes a dump about elusive game content that can't be properly translated.

You'd think they'd hire a guy to answer a few questions, give a few updates, something. But apparently all the rage in the racing video game developer community is to just not say anything and let the fans get frustrated. Such a waste.

It is a very small company, they have around 150 employees, mostly highly technical staff.

This online community is very dedicated, I agree, as well as are others GT-related online communities. However, public relations and communication with potential players is not in the realm of developer (Polyphony Digital) but publisher (Sony Computer Entertainment). For that, SCE have dedicated GT community managers on every western territory. They channels of communication are official PlayStation forums and official PlayStation Blogs.

"One eccentric guy tweeting" is happen to be a game producer who shares some of his personal thoughts related to various fields of his life with his friends and followers. He is private entity and he can do whatever he wants. Maybe if you'd take your time and learn proper Japanese that content wouldn't be so "elusive" for you and you would even get a chance to start a conversation with him if he - privately - finds your questions interesting.

As for updates and such, Polyphony Digital is responsible for taking care of official Gran Turismo web-pages which boosts enormous amounts of info and content, including everything regarding all updates, upcoming news (maintenances, updates, series related news, genre related news, automotive news, etc.). Those pages are available on more than 12 languages, they are updated simultaneously worldwide and they offer beautiful insight in world of GT series - including real-time leaderboards for Time Trial Events, Drift Trial Events and descriptions for all Bonus content.

But I guess some people are never satisfied. Stay frustrated mate, it is really your personal problem IMO.

@Amar

What you've said is for the most part true, but let's do a quick comparison. I don't really like to bring out that other game, but seeing as how it's the closest console racer competitor it's inevitable. First let's take a look at the gran-turismo.com website. (this is off the US version of the site)

Gran-Turismo:

- Home: Contains a nice slider at the top that switches between the new suits and helmets that came with 1.10 and GT Boutique where you can buy real-life GT branded apparel. The Spotlight and Featured Stories sections contain 1 piece information about Gran Turismo 5. Everything else is about the GT Academy and Kaz's personal achievement at the Nurburgring 24hr.

- Products: Self explanatory really...just contains the list of all the GT games.

- News: Sadly no relevant GT5 information here either. Just news on the GT Academy winners, more GT apparel, and the closing of the GT5:P servers. Also sprinkled in is some GT:TV content

- I'll skip over Gallery, GT:TV and GT Academy because they seem to be outdated and rather pointless

- Forums: I've done some perusal over the forums and it seems the only person that you could say was "affiliated" with SCE/PD is MastrGT, but there's no official word if he has direct communication with SCE or PD. There's no sign of PD employees or SCE employees responding to any threads or posts

- GT Blog: Honestly this blog has one update in October 2009 when GT:PSP came out.

So that about sums up the GT website. My GT5 home is really just GT Life on the web so it doesn't offer much news or information about upcoming events, DLC, updates, that sort of thing.

Now let's take a look at Forza's website:

- Main Page: Contains some rather interesting stuff like Week in Review, Top Gear Tuesday, and car reveals from the upcoming Forza 4 game.

- News: Pretty much a blog that's just the archive of what's on the main page.

- Media: Cool little videos and pictures that seem update oftenly. NOT GT-TV that has little to do with GT5

- Community: The meat of the website really. On every forum you can always spot a Community Manager posting, replying to threads, answering questions, etc. Community involvement from T10 is very apparent

Just by looking at these websites it's immediately noticeable that T10 communicates with the fans while PD doesn't, and that makes me extremely sad. I've loved the GT series since before I was old enough to drive, and I'll always love it, but it makes me really sad that a company that doesn't have the history, and arguably a smaller fan base, is more engaged in its community.

To me at least it seems like PD either doesn't care about what their fans thing, or they just don't care enough to even find out. And honestly hiring 10 more employees to become Community Managers wouldn't hurt.

The fact of the matter is PD is a Japanese Game Company, and is still doing things the old japanese way. Like someone said earlier, if you've played the FF series, the RE series, or any other Japanese game from a respected company you'd know their customer interaction is horrible. This has to change. I've read dozens of articles from game devs, journalists, and fans that all complain about how Japanese game companies are stuck in the past and need to get themselves up to date.

I just hope PD will at some point realize this and act on it.

Good insightful post there tecknical.

PD did give some members of this site a quick interview once too.

I'm always a little amused at people who dont understand why the Japanese members of a Japanese company dont hang out on an English language website for a chat.

@DaveS1138

tecknical wasn't necessarily talking about PD staff hanging out on GT planet, more that they take an interest in their own GT website. I totally agree, the website should be an official portal to the fans.

@DaveS1138

tecknical wasn't necessarily talking about PD staff hanging out on GT planet, more that they take an interest in their own GT website. I totally agree, the website should be an official portal to the fans.

Maybe we ought to direct our frustrations at Sony? Who knows what might happen. (Hopefully not a lawsuit... no silly ideas!)

However, public relations and communication with potential players is not in the realm of developer (Polyphony Digital) but publisher (Sony Computer Entertainment). For that, SCE have dedicated GT community managers on every western territory. They channels of communication are official PlayStation forums and official PlayStation Blogs.

I will have to disagree with that. Kojima productions had their own community manager. As does IW. These people are on the dev staff and both have done a great job communicating with the community and have played an integral part of their respective titles success. I do not see why PD can't and does not have this type of employee.

Kas, send this in Twitter. Some one can translate?

"お、どのクルマ? 教えて。RT @cedia_cs2a: @Kaz_Yamauchi プレミアムカーの一部でタコメーターがレッドゾーン手前でストップしてしまう現象を発見しました"

Kas, send this in Twitter. Some one can translate?

"お、どのクルマ? 教えて。RT @cedia_cs2a: @Kaz_Yamauchi プレミアムカーの一部でタコメーターがレッドゾーン手前でストップしてしまう現象を発見しました"

According to Google Translate it says

You, what car? Do. RT @ cedia_cs2a: @ found a phenomenon that stops at the tachometer red zone in front of some of the premium car Kaz_Yamauchi "

It is google so it probably won't be 100% correct lol

Pretty much straightforward:

Kaz_Yamauchi: お、どのクルマ? 教えて。RT @cedia_cs2a: @Kaz_Yamauchi プレミアムカーの一部でタコメーターがレッドゾーン手前でストップしてしまう現象を発見しました 

Kaz_Yamauchi: Oh, which cars? Tell me. RT @cedia_cs2a: @Kaz_Yamauchi I found out a phenomenon in which on some Premium cars the tachometer stops before the red zone.

Last edited:
What is that supposed to mean, I'm still confused. The gears shift before hitting the red zone? is that what Kaz is trying to say. All of the GT5 cars I have driven, never seen that problem.

I guess he means that in the cockpit view (that I personally never use) of certain premium cars the tachometer displays rpm information incorrectly, perhaps only under certain conditions.

EDIT: I've updated the translation to be more literal. Thinking more about it, it's the same terminology used in bug reports/changelogs.

Last edited:
I guess he means that in the cockpit view (that I personally never use) of certain premium cars the tachometer displays rpm information incorrectly.

Oh okay. I never use cockpit view either. To be honest, its not a big deal but the more fixes, the better 👍

I guess he means that in the cockpit view (that I personally never use) of certain premium cars the tachometer displays rpm information incorrectly, perhaps only under certain conditions.

EDIT: I've updated the translation to be more literal. Thinking more about it, it's the same terminology used in bug reports/changelogs.

I have noticed it on cars that have had upgrades done to the engine where it changes the amount rpm the engine can rev to.

I noticed it too in some stock cars. The engine can rev higher, but tachometer stops on some 'limiter'. I haven't driven all premium cars, and I don't remember all where I've seen it, but for sure it is BMW M5 and Alfa 8C. Oh, and in 8C speedometer is also wrong. Can someone write it on his twitter?

Can somebody send him this
ULAZt.jpg

and tell him to fix it?

high downforce levels push the tyres through the surface causing some awfully strong and weird ffb effects making this car and others (F12007 and X1) useless to drive with a wheel.

tecknical, nice post. Pretty much my thoughts. :dopey:👍

At least they don't rip us off every 3 month with some overpriced chakalaka "DLC Packs", like Electronic Arts (Burnout Paradise), Activision (Modern Warfare 2), etc. :yuck:

And I am sure some undercover PD employees hanging around here. :)

high downforce levels push the tyres through the surface causing some awfully strong and weird ffb effects making this car and others (F12007 and X1) useless to drive with a wheel.

Oh well, then [sarcasm] drive with a DS3 & enjoy the ride [/sarcasm]. :lol:👍

Or reduce your FFB mate. Anyways, the F'07 & F'10 are the most useless cars in the game, they can only be used in a specific race. Important lvl 0.

They should better fix the pervert Enzo understeer. I am sure Ferrari wouldn't be pleased about GT5's representation of their "best horse". :sly:
Or the bad headlights in cockpit view, or all the game freezes/hangs after v1.10, fully G25/27 support,...

PS: can anyone create an PSN account with the name "FixYourGame_PD!" & glitch to #1 on the current Suzuka time trail?

Would be awesome. Maybe then they finally going to realize that their seasonals are glitched to hell. :D

They should better fix the pervert Enzo understeer. I am sure Ferrari wouldn't be pleased about GT5's representation of their "best horse". :sly:

Holy cow, this car is almost 10 years old. What do you expect? Just look at the real TGTT power lap list and look how bad other cars (Zonda C12S) from that time performed!
Even the LP670-4 set the same time as the Enzo.

And its great in this game! Not PDs problem if you are to lazy to tune it.

I tuned it and now I can beat any lap time I set with the 458 using the Enzo (same PP levels or almost identical power/weight).

Latest Posts

Back