Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
True, if B-spec weren't a separate mode and was basically integrated like it was in GT4 the need for a save function wouldn't be as huge as it is now.
If Kaz truly intended that we're supposed to play these 24 hour races with friends he needs to acknowledge not everyone playing GT5 is in the same situation he ideally pictures.
Being a petrolhead playing driving games doesn't automatically mean your friends are too, if it were somehow available to do it together online with your PSN-buddies or through meeting likeminded individuals on a forum like this it would be more realistic for the majority (although again not for everyone).

What's more crazy is if the game sold 20 million copies and you wanted to complete the race as he "envisioned" it, do all 20 million people go to each others house and play the race because only the person who had the console would be earning credits. Or does he expect to use the 24 hr races to show people that don't have it what they are missing? And expect you to invite a bunch of people over that are not gamers and just friends to actually play with you?

I know what I said is crazy sounding but who on earth would think that the masses would do that since everything is online now and nobody hardly plays split screen co-op, and only one person would be earning credits.

Inferno251
Or better still, in September/early October (before FM4 is released) :).

Is there a substantial rumour to this announcement because if I were a betting man I'd say they won't be at any game conference TBH.

They never really made a big splash before the actual game come out, at least in the UK. Why change now.

Using a conference to announce DLC is a bit elitist isn't it.

Anyway I hope I am proven wrong and you all get what you hope for. I would just err on the side of caution and don't get your hopes up.

Edit just to say.

I have got the right end of the stick here have I ?
You are expecting DLC or a new game announcement.

I think I've lost track lol.

Is there a substantial rumour to this announcement because if I were a betting man I'd say they won't be at any game conference TBH.

They never really made a big splash before the actual game come out, at least in the UK. Why change now.

Using a conference to announce DLC is a bit elitist isn't it.

Anyway I hope I am proven wrong and you all get what you hope for. I would just err on the side of caution and don't get your hopes up.

Edit just to say.

I have got the right end of the stick here have I ?
You are expecting DLC or a new game announcement.

I think I've lost track lol.

I suspect we're talking about a new, "big" (?) update, then possibly DLC. Not sure about this new "project" if that was indeed a valid rumour, if there is such a thing.

Anything else might well be us simply getting our hopes up a bit too much.

Kaz
... First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. ...

To be honest, i just don't care when will they release DLC, i am more interested in bugs solving, and feature update (24h race endurance save, only stock cars in online etc.) They can add DLC before F4 or after, i will still be playing gt5 along with F4 all the way until gt6 is released :-)

Kaz, per SHIRAKAWA Akira ...
First [there will be] bug fixes, then feature updates and DLC will probably follow. ...
I can see GT6 basically being a content disk/ PSN download of everything missing ie: premium cars, tracks, replay controls...etc. :lol: if I'm right.

We will have to wait and see (obviously).

I suspect we're talking about a new, "big" (?) update, then possibly DLC. Not sure about this new "project" if that was indeed a valid rumour, if there is such a thing.

Anything else might well be us simply getting our hopes up a bit too much.

Unless ive missed something I dont remember Kaz saying there was to be a "big" update at all. No wonder people get there hopes up when exagerations like this are flying around.

Unless ive missed something I dont remember Kaz saying there was to be a "big" update at all. No wonder people get there hopes up when exagerations like this are flying around.
New features seem pretty big to me bucko! lol just kidding but I think you might be misunderstanding something. If not, then to me new features is what'll make the next update "big". Also, he put quotes around BIG, kind of meaning that it's just speculative.

No big announcement, no secret project. It's all based on "we want more" and Kaz has said there will be more Probably.

Safe bet? Tell Kaz we will see him when GT6 comes out probably.

New features seem pretty big to me bucko! lol just kidding but I think you might be misunderstanding something. If not, then to me new features is what'll make the next update "big". Also, he put quotes around BIG, kind of meaning that it's just speculative.

And the question mark. I merely meant bigger than we've had so far, considering it'd have to be pretty "big" only to address the functionality issues in the game alone. The biggest patch so far introduced the suits and helmets...

Probably.

I think it's either probably after the next update (which could be at any given time and is a rather obvious statement if the update is the first next thing) or probably DLC at all.
If it's the latter and it isn't sure there will be any DLC, I'd suggest Kaz just doesn't mention it at all in the future.

The "probably" was to be read as in "according to our timetable", not as in "maybe".

I thought you said that already. BTW - Thanks for translating!:)

It's not a "probably" as in "maybe", but more like as in "according to our timetable". If for example next patch will introduce new bugs, I guess they will fix them first.

Yep, on page 131.

That's right, GTPlanet, post first, ask questions and read later.:indiff:

I look forward to see if PD will actually add in race saves to GT5 at some point. My initial assumption that this isn't possible needs to be proven wrong.

Honestly, I don't see how this can't be possible. Sure, it'll take a fair bit of programming, but there have been a decent few racing games with this feature already installed, the main one for me being GTR 2. Informed people will be quick to point out that this is a PC game on an entirely different system, yet it has a similar number of attributes (Weather, Tire Wear etc) to save, if not more, and you can save at any point or time during a race and load up without problems. And this was done in 2006.

In my mind, it's not whether it can be done, but rather how long it'll take to get it done, although I could easily be wrong. Either way I'm patient and can wait, as long as PD get it done right 👍

In race saves are welcomed, and I am glad we are actually getting them (eventually). Yesterday, I did the four hour Roadster endurance. It was fun, but, I can't sit in front of a TV that long ever again. Saving mid-race during the 24 hour races will keep me coming back to play. I have much respect for the drivers who do that kind of racing in real life.

I wonder what the other "features" Kaz mentioned are? I'm hoping one of them is something that every racing game has but GT5 is without; A livery editor. I can pipe dream can't I?

-Cheezman-, Kaz is one of those racers that has compLeted endurance races in real life, I hope you know. It's a good reason why people should give him credit because he knows what he's doing, plus he's been creating the GT series for 19 years now. So how can the naysayers try to argue the asinine decision of firing him or even getting another person to help manage HIS team while working on the most difficult system to program games for. If PD makes a game for the PSV though, it'll be the easiest task they've ever undertaken considering the PSV is easy to program for and especially, port PS3 games to it.

Biffy, I believe it really is an issue with the PS3. It's already been stated by many, many developers that the PS3 is the most difficult system they have ever worked on. With each developer, as time goes on, they learn more which means the better they can harness the PS3's potential. Kaz has been doing this for 19 years, but only 7 years I assume he's been working on the PS3 (well, that includes the time it took to create Tourist Trophy with GT4's game engine, both are the only games capable of 1080i on last gen's consoleS), GT PSP (GT5 Prologue physics engine ported to it), and obviously, Prologue. In your mind Biffy, you're right (last 2 sentences in your post). You're not wrong, otherwise, Kaz would have already said it isn't possible. Like Youtube video uploads - possible, but completely wasteful, time-wise and manpower-wise.

Last edited:
-Cheezman-, Kaz is one of those racers that has compLeted endurance races in real life, I hope you know. It's a good reason why people should give him credit because he knows what he's doing, plus he's been creating the GT series for 19 years now.

Truth. That's one of the reasons I'll stick with GT5 over every other "sim" out there. Kaz has been there.👍

That's random talk not worth translating about an earthquake just happened on the North American plate that Yamauchi felt. The earthquake wasn't nothing particular. I'm watching for potential GT5 info, but there is none yet.

Seriously I wonder if PD will ever start directly communicating with the fans other than Kaz's erratic tweeting.

I wish they were more like T10 in that aspect.

tecknical
Seriously I wonder if PD will ever start directly communicating with the fans other than Kaz's erratic tweeting.

I wish they were more like T10 in that aspect.

It does kinda give us the surprise factor though. I remember the first time I fired up GT5 when the Seasonal Events came out and I had no idea they were coming, it was pretty neat 👍.

It does kinda give us the surprise factor though. I remember the first time I fired up GT5 when the Seasonal Events came out and I had no idea they were coming, it was pretty neat 👍.

I do like the Seasonals being kind of a surprise but I wish that there was an official way to communicate with the devs. There's bugs and glitches in the game that still aren't patched and there's certain features that probably all of GTP would like to get info on so....

but that's a bit OT

tecknical
I do like the Seasonals being kind of a surprise but I wish that there was an official way to communicate with the devs. There's bugs and glitches in the game that still aren't patched and there's certain features that probably all of GTP would like to get info on so....

but that's a bit OT

Yeah. All Kaz would have to do is get an account up here and leave some feedback in the Feedback section of the forum.

CAMjhr
Yeah. All Kaz would have to do is get an account up here and leave some feedback in the Feedback section of the forum.

Or... Tweet more regularly and more specifically than he does. I think it's pushing it to say the lack of communication is good because of the surprises, it's possible to provide information without giving too much away.

In a world where F1 teams tweet their way through races I don't think it's asking much to have one member of PD's studio tweet dates and details... Of course, I know this will never happen, but it's not exactly rare for a company or studio to be quiet on specifics these days.

Well, I don't think it matters if they tweet or not, seeing as probably most of his followers on Twitter (English-speaking ones, of course) would probably be associated with this site.

Back