Nato's Photo Gallery - update 16/11 RL Grass Karting shots

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 1,007 comments
Soloracer3
Great work, the close ups are spectacular! Love them all, and especially the way you've put all the individual shots together
thumbsup.gif
A great idea amazingly executed
Thanks, I'm glad you liked them. I did this back on my Enzo set but this time I planned it out better which made putting it together much easier this time.
SVX
Fantastic. Very fantastic. Great attention to detail.
Thank you SVX. One thing I found out while doing this set is that the P4 is quite glitchy up close, some shots were hard to get 'cause bits of the car would suddenly disappear!
nanabu
nice shots mate , i wish i had 20mil :P
Again, thanks. I know what you mean, took my awhile to get my 20mil 'cause I kept on spending it before I got there.
Sutuki
Really nice shots, I never really liked the car, but it looks good for sure!
Hey if you like the shots of a car you don't like then I must have done something right. :D Actually I kinda agree with you I'm not totally sold on it myself.
NTX
You have built quite a gallery buddy! The Yellow Hat Supra, the Celica rally car, the amzaing Ruf Btr at the Ring...you name it
smile.gif
Great effort you have putted here! Speaking of this last update, the P4 is not a car that I enjoy, but the camera work is on the TOP
smile.gif
You catched nice details of the car, yes you did!!
Keep the good work, here and in the competitions, you are doing very, very well
smile.gif
Wow, thanks NTX, and thanks and thanks again ;)
FishyJuice
Fantastic execution. I can't even image the time this must've taken. Love 'em, Nato. :drool:
Thank you FJ, as I said above I planned this one out properly so it didn't take anywhere near as long as last time - but there's still a fair amount of effort required so I'm glad you all appreciated it. :)

A quick little set featuring the Spyker C8 Laviolette '01
I was looking for a challenge with a standard car and remembered sometime ago in the Galleries someone requesting a set of the Spyker. I can't remember whose gallery it was in but I think they commented on how difficult the car was to work with so when this thing showed up in my UCD I grabbed it and took a few shots - only a few 'cause imo this car is one FUGLY beast and handled like a pig!
Anyway the photos...

I am still looking for a challenge so if you know of a really badly rendered standard that will require some work & skill to spruce up let me know and I'll see what I can do with it. :)

Haha, that was my gallery :D

Solid composition in each of them, the car may be ugly but I think it might be kind of cool as a premium :dopey:

Hommell Berlinette is pretty awful if I remember correctly. Even in GT4 it was sub-par :lol:

Very nice. Did you do any clean up work to it? As for a challenge, how bad is the standard Blitz Skyline?

@ceiling_fan
Ahh so that's where it was, I think you probably got better photos than me. ;) It would definately be alot better as a premium as it is badly let down by it's standard rendering. I'll check out the Hommell I'm not sure if I have one yet though.

@SVX
Thanks, I did alot of clean up work to these - the biggest problem though is the harsh and very flat reflections (something common to most standards). They tend to take the shape away from the car so with these I created layers with selections of different body panels which I filled with appropriate greyscale gradients. Then I set the layers to soft light and this helped tone back the reflections a little and give some shading and shape back to the car. Blitz Skyline you say - I'll check that out too. :)

I would love to see you take photos of some group b rally cars such as the quattro, delta stratos and rs200(i think that's it's name). Lovely spyker shots by the way.

The Spyker isn't ugly, I like it's mad fish-like looks. You did well with it 👍 :drool: Your shots are getting very good :)

Looks nice. Good compositions as c_f said. And, I dare you to take some pics of the Nomad Diablo JGTC. ;)👍

Looking good the C8! Standards can give us quite of headaches, still the callenge is there, making them look "prettier". You managed to pull great reflections btw, adds more realism to the photo 👍
Ohh, and you want a quite bad rendered standard car, try the Citroen Xantia, and you will see what I´m talking.

:cheers:

Thanks everyone for your kind comments and car suggestions. :)

@NTX - Citroen Xantia - don't have one yet but will snap one up when I see it.

@FishyJuice - Nomad Diablo JGTC - challenge accepted tho once again I don't have it - If you've got one could you set to online so I can borrow it.

@Arsenal1992 - Group B rally cars - have some of these so I will do a set for you.

@ceiling_fan - I have a Hommell Berlinette RS '99 and will have a set up in next couple of days...in the meantime here's a close up to show how pixelated the beast is.

Last edited:
BerlinetteHeader.jpg

This car did require a lot of cleaning up as certain parts of the car were very badly rendered, that said this car was an absolute blast to drive. The most fun I've had with my pants on in ages. :) This car naturally breaks into a drift at the mere sniff of a corner and is effortless to control in the drift. I can see myself driving this again and again. :)

Last edited:
Lookin good, avoiding the jaggies well. The second to last shot looks best, great work, :drool: 👍. Good to see you taking challenges. ;)

Great work on that standard. #4, #5, #7 and #8 are the best.
And I myself do not have the JGTC Diablo, but if I find one, I'll share it. :)

Without a doubt the best shots of this car on the entire internet :D Great action shots!

Glad to see I've introduced you to another fun car ;) If I get a chance today I'll set the Nomad Diablo to share.

Fantastic Nato. Really liking the forth one. Looks really good with the lights on. 👍

Skython11
Lookin good, avoiding the jaggies well. The second to last shot looks best, great work, :drool: 👍. Good to see you taking challenges. ;)
Thanks Skython, that was the only corner I didn't take sideways. ;)
ashes619
You are doing well with the standards. 👍
Thank you Ashes, I've come to really like standards.
FishyJuice
Great work on that standard. #4, #5, #7 and #8 are the best.
And I myself do not have the JGTC Diablo, but if I find one, I'll share it. :)
Thanks again FJ, I have now done a photo shoot with the Diablo thanks to ceiling_fan. Still editing but will hopefully have set up soon.
ceiling_fan
Without a doubt the best shots of this car on the entire internet :D Great action shots!

Glad to see I've introduced you to another fun car ;) If I get a chance today I'll set the Nomad Diablo to share.
Wow, thanks c_f that's some compliment. :bowdown: Thanks for introducing me to my Berlinette, it had been sitting in my garage for some time and I'd never taken it for a drive and thanks for sharing the Nomad Diablo. 👍
Primus Ortus
Like everyone said Nato - great job!
Cheers! :)
SVX
Fantastic Nato. Really liking the forth one. Looks really good with the lights on. 👍
Thank you SVX, that's one of my favourites too. :)
NascarManiaco99
You inspirated me to drive mine Hommel Berlinette! Nice set!
I hope you have as much fun I did with it. :)

Nomad Diablo Preview

@arsenal1992 - Group B Rally is still coming...

Mmm jaggies :ouch:But you've done brilliantly with that little hommel 👍 I really like those panorama shots. And I can't wait to see your diablo work 👍

Last edited:
Hey thanks everyone, I truly appreciate your comments. :)

The Nomad set is coming... I'm doing alot of editing to the car - some major fix up work required, but that's exactly what I was looking for as a challenge - thanks FishyJuice. :)
In the meantime I will post a few Viper shots from my CCCL shoot last week.
:cheers:

CCCL Entry - didn't make poll :(

Last edited:
Nice shots 👍 not sure about the colour scheme on the car though. The two wheel shot is my favorite 👍

Back