600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
Smarta$$ answer: The link is fine, but you can't adjust the LSD settings on the file since the last update. ;)

Actual answer: I'm not sure what is wrong. It works for me, but I already had access. I am using Firefox 6.0. I also have IE 6 and it opens there but gives this message: "Your browser does not support all features of Google Docs. If you are having problems, try Google Chrome."

I added the full link to my post in case that helps. Anyone else having issues?

Still not working, when I click on both of your links it says, "We are sorry the spreadsheet at this URL could not be found."

Wow, looks like you enjoyed the fat arsed Merc as well. Top speedage Sir...

{Cy}

Thanks! Car runs surprisingly well for its weight.

I have Google Chrome, it lists everything fine, but when viewing nothing can be sorted properly.
I'd help if I could, but I don't know squat about these things.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...KGdHRPOU5oRGpqZzR2SDZmR2Izbkw4R3c&output=html
I think this link is still working, but again, nothing can be sorted as far as I can tell.

CSL's link works, but when I click on the sort tabs it does not work for me too.

Still not working, when I click on both of your links it says, "We are sorry the spreadsheet at this URL could not be found."

CSL's link works, but when I click on the sort tabs it does not work for me too.

Sorry my friend, I don't know what to say. I'm kinda technical as far as spreadsheets go, but not so much on IT support. Are you on a home computer or a phone? What kind? do you have a gmail address?

Sorting won't work on the html version (CSLACR's link).

Wanna meet at a bar tomorrow and I'll take a look? You are in San Jose, yeah?

Sorry my friend, I don't know what to say. I'm kinda technical as far as spreadsheets go, but not so much on IT support. Are you on a home computer or a phone? What kind? do you have a gmail address?

Sorting won't work on the html version (CSLACR's link).

Wanna meet at a bar tomorrow and I'll take a look? You are in San Jose, yeah?
Apparently the PS3 browser doesn't like the format your using for the updated sheet. It will display the HTML one. I am on my phone now and it works fine lol.

29wol4y.png

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure what is on the PS3 really counts as a browser. It probably can't handle a lot of sites created this century. Well, I'm glad that part is solved. :)

google%252520docs.gif

If anyone is having trouble, you can get to the filters by clicking the down arrow in the Tester or Tuner boxes. To see just your name, click Clear and then check your name. Click Select All to see all names again. You can sort by Tester or Tuner. Click on the Results tab to see the current standings. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm not sure what is on the PS3 really counts as a browser. It probably can't handle a lot of sites created this century. Well, I'm glad that part is solved. :)

I am well aware of its limits lol, I guess its so far gone that it can't give me a proper error message lol.

Results!

Indy600Results.jpg

Driving is now done! I don't think I will have time for a second run or all of them but I knew that from the start and did "extended runs" for everyone. The speedway laps are a mess really. I am no good at oval or tri-ovals or goofy rectangle ovals. The times there are really an indication more of which cars handled the best. The more "twitchy" cars fell back some due to me sliding some and scrubbing speed or having to slow to cope with understeer and such.

For once, my Driver's Choice car is actually the fastest: CSL's R8. The handling was superb and I had a lot of fun driving it around the courses. A very close second was Brave Bear's Spirit R. I had never even considered the RX-7 when I was trying to choose a car because I didn't think it could be competitive with the supercars. But I was proven wrong as it performed much better than I thought it could, at least on the road course.

Well done to everyone, great cars again. Looking forward to what you guys are going to bring to the next shootout. :sly:👍

Last edited:
131.081 CyKosis1973 SLS AMG '10
CyKosis1973's SLS is my consolation prize for no one entering a Vette :dopey: The "European Corvette" handled very very nicely and easily beat my own tuned Z06, so there.

Thank you kindly, glad you enjoyed it. I looked at the Corvettes, but assumed that there would be others competing. Pleased I stuck with the SLS in the end. Maybe I shoulda compromised, stripped some weight, lost some power and maybe added a bit of down force. But I'm a stubborn arse :mischievous:

{Cy}

Sorry guys, I have been hit with some unexpected commitments this weekend, and a whole week of sixteen hour working days next week:yuck:. I think I will have time to fit in one short run on each track per car though.

What I will do to allow for the 'learning the track' thing is do a sort of barrier draw, and randomly pick a car out of a hat to get the testing order.

If any of you have an issue with that, let me know and I will pull out of testing for this event.

Sorry guys, I have been hit with some unexpected commitments this weekend, and a whole week of sixteen hour working days next week:yuck:. I think I will have time to fit in one short run on each track per car though.

What I will do to allow for the 'learning the track' thing is do a sort of barrier draw, and randomly pick a car out of a hat to get the testing order.

If any of you have an issue with that, let me know and I will pull out of testing for this event.
I would say if anything, probably slowest to fastest, it (learning curve) should just make the gaps larger to more easily distinguish which is fastest. 👍
Whereas running fastest to slowest or randomly could get more random results.

I know Zero has both runs done at the road course, might be a good list to use the trick on.

These are just my two cents, obviously two runs is best, but there's no rule requiring it for this type of reason, it's a lot of time. So anything you can muster is good in my book.

CLSACR
krenkme - Chrysler 300C:
Road Course: 1:29.826 Speedway: 51.390
Under-steer at the Oval, under-steer and wheelspin at the road course. Overall the car did quite well considering it's unavoidable traction issues, it seems a tune with no holds barred going for traction, while it would feel better more neutral, it might burn the tires to ashes with the ability to turn any more. Improvement for second session?

Thanks for the great times. Just wish I could get all that power to the road, but after the shoot-out I'll keep messing with it. Thanks again

Zero_speed
krenkme/Chrysler 300C: 1:30.971 final: 1:30.386
Glad you could find some extra time on your second run. Great time as well. Thanks

bigberry
17. Krenkme Chrysler 300C Oval- 52.588 Road- 1.33.173 Total= 2.25.761

Hope you at least had fun driving the four door torque monster. Good times. Thank you very much

praiano
Tuner // car : Krenkme // Chrysler 300 C ‘05

Test drive result // total points= 72 pts

Max speed on startng line: 288 km/h = 179 mph =8 pts

Low speed corner:
Entry: 7 Middle: 7 Out: 5
Comments: Low grip , big oversteer under acceleation, let it turn first.

Medium speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 5
Comments: good entry,follow the driving line if right speed entry, big oversteer under acceleration.

High speed corner:
Entry: 8 Middle: 8 Out: 8
Comments: good overall grip and drivingline at high speed.
This is a big car but need more grip to be fun. That’s what I don’t understand in GT5, for a same class of cars why some have grip and others don’t ???? Money ??

Great wright up! As you've noticed this car has a lot of trouble getting the tires to grip, but I think it's due to all the torque. Great times on road and oval! Thank you so much!

smrtb0mb
Krenkme's 300C - Whooooo! What a rush!! This car is packing way more power than it can handle, and it's incredibly fun. I was expecting a nightmare, but it really wasn't too bad, even if it sounded like it was going to explode at any minute. Surprisingly, had no trouble keeping it floored exiting on to the oval.

Glad you had some fun driving it (I do as well). Like I stated before, the torque is just to much for this car, but I'll see if there's anything more I cad do with it after the shoot-out. Great times thou. Thanks a lot.

Thank you all so far, and keep up the great work 👍

I would say if anything, probably slowest to fastest, it (learning curve) should just make the gaps larger to more easily distinguish which is fastest. 👍
Whereas running fastest to slowest or randomly could get more random results.

I know Zero has both runs done at the road course, might be a good list to use the trick on.

These are just my two cents, obviously two runs is best, but there's no rule requiring it for this type of reason, it's a lot of time. So anything you can muster is good in my book.

My 2 cents on this is based on creating the score sheet and all the math involved -> A tester should submit times for all tuners and for both tracks. Otherwise, the averages do not work out fairly to determine the final rankings. As long as the tester submits complete results, the organizer can suggest the number of runs and such required - as CSLACR has already done here.

Hopefully I should be able to start second runs tonight, not sure if I'll do 2 on the speedway or not, there's pretty much the same time left for every car, and it's a real pain going round and round at true top speeds there.
Nice work zero, kicking all our tails getting them done.

Times and a few words for each car. Sorry I couldn't devote more time. I've run each car once around both tracks. Ideally I'd like to have done second runs. Undoubtedly I could improve on all of the times below.

Please don't be disheartened by my Oval times, I'm poor around this track. I know it's only 4 sodding corners, but I struggle to smack that apex every time. Plus the dreaded, rage inducing "Next Lap Invalidated"..!!

Other than that, thanks everyone, it's been a blast.

======================
Praiano63
TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00
Road Course - 1:28.635
Superspeedway - 0:50.660

A great car to drive. One of the earlier cars I drove and I didn't think it would be touched. I was wrong, but that doesn't diminish how rapid this car is. Bravo Sir, you place 3rd on my Driver's Choice list.

======================
XDesperado67
Cadillac Cien Concept '02 "Phantom"
Road Course - 1:30.785
Superspeedway - 0:50.668

I hate this car. I hate the way it looks. I hate the way it drives and most of all I hate the way it's so casual about the epic speeds it's capable of. Well done Dee.

======================
C-ZETA
Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4 TerminalVeloce-ity '11
Road Course - 1:29.446
Superspeedway - 0:52.188

TURN THE TC OFF..!! 0.25 sec quicker without it on. Unleash the inner beast, a Lambo isn't a Lambo unless it's sliding and squirming around underneath you.

======================
Milldrum
Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 (Passionate Pink)
Road Course - 1:29.738
Superspeedway - 0:53.017

Plenty of beans, but not entirely tamed. Heavy acceleration sees you heading for the outside edge of the track. Reluctant to turn in of occasion too. Good effort with a beast of a car.

======================
GfxJG
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Road Course - 1:29.076
Superspeedway - 0:52.700

Good solid car. Ultimately undone by the two Academy version. Sorry JG.

======================
krenkme
Chrysler 300C
Road Course - 1:32.433
Superspeedway - 0:53.032

This car actually drives alright, just struggles to keep up with this crowd. I love the sound of this thing and it's absurd. Tip o'the hat to you Sir, well done.

======================
bigberry
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Road Course - 1:30.212
Superspeedway - 0:50.901

Road Course time could well have been a second faster with a slacker diff. I just couldn't get on the power soon enough and this meant I was prone to spinning the outside rear in low speed corners. Great at high speed, carves in lovely and hangs on all the way through. Times reflect that too.

======================
VTiRoj
Ferrari 458 Indy
Road Course - 1:29.942
Superspeedway - 0:51.331

Brilliant car, just lacks outright speed. Whilst not quite as sever as bigberry's car, diff could also do with being lowered for the Road Course. Just couldn't get on beans quite quick enough.

======================
Dylans1o
Lamborghini Murcielago
Road Course - 1:29.384
Superspeedway - 0:51.533

Slightly blighted be 4WD power understeer. Also couldn't get on it as soon as I'd like.

======================
CSLACR
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07
Road Course - 1:28.386
Superspeedway - 0:49.561

I do believe this car was made just for me. Even posting the time I did around the Oval, it could have gone faster with just the smallest increase to top end. Sublime around the Road Course. My Driver's Choice, congrats CSL, this is a brilliant car.

======================
akmuq
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Road Course - 1:31.275
Superspeedway - 0:53.949

Again, good solid car. Like my SLS, probably outclassed by this crew. Bit too much weight, not quite enough beans. Reluctant to turn in occasionally.

======================
acsr421
Ford GT '05 "no stripe"
Road Course - 1:28.165
Superspeedway - 0:51.100

Quite probably the best car here. Comes 2nd on my Driver's Choice, just because I love the R8 so much. Goes about business in a remarkably calm fashion. Fastest overall around the Road Course. The diff and brakes are absolutely spot on for me. A delight to see some American Muscle on the podium, maybe even deserving of the top spot.

======================
brave bear
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Road Course - 1:30.466
Superspeedway - 0:53.529

TC was set to 5 when I borrowed the car, so I turned that right off. Not sure if BBear meant for the TC to be set to 5, but it was 0.35 slower around the Road Course with it turned on. A respectable time for a car that I thought would be outclassed here. I did take a look at it before I settled on the SLS, but thought no. If there was a tad more grunt on offer then it would have posted a more respectable time at the Oval, even taking into account my shonky driving. Well done Sir.

======================
DigitalBaka
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Road Course - 1:28.767
Superspeedway - 0:51.365

Technically, the best Lambo here. Laptimes reflect that. Marvellous car.

======================
raVer
Aston Martin Vantage '99
Road Course - 1:34.241
Superspeedway - 0:54.646

I'll have a pint of whatever it was you were drinking when you thought this was a good idea..!! Properly awful car to drive, but a hoot at the same time. Takes first place for the longest wheel spins.

======================
madmyk
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
Road Course - 1:28.837
Superspeedway - 0:51.579

Great effort, slightly faster the Doc Slump's at the Oval, but had to work harder on the Road Course.

======================
the_dr_slump
nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09
Road Course - 1:28.345
Superspeedway - 0:51.761

======================
CyKosis1973
Road Course - 1:29.598
Superspeedway - 0:52.785

Best goddamn car here, and y'all know it :mischievous:

======================

Grip, grip and more grip. Great car, very easy to drive. Can get on the beans really early, love it. Lack of top end hurts speedway times, but rapes the Road Track. My pick of the R35s.

{Cy}

Last edited:
Hopefully I should be able to start second runs tonight, not sure if I'll do 2 on the speedway or not, there's pretty much the same time left for every car, and it's a real pain going round and round at true top speeds there.

That's it , let's drive ,i will do another run too with some cars i feel i can do better. Not mine, i can't take nothing more from the ZZII.
Nothing better than drive those cars to forget all the pompous ass of this planet !!! 👍:) thanks madame for the PM english lessons. ;)

Thanks! Not being able to work leaves me with plenty of free time. I am giving everyone only 5 clean laps at the oval. Keep in mind that everyone got 20 clean laps at the road course, not counting restarts. I am just glad that my testing job is almost done lol.

That's it , let's drive ,i will do another run too with some cars i feel i can do better. Not mine, i can't take nothing more from the ZZII.
Nothing better than drive those cars to forget all the pompous ass of this planet !!! 👍:) thanks madame for the PM english lessons. ;)
:lol: Glad I could be of assistance.

Thanks! Not being able to work leaves me with plenty of free time. I am giving everyone only 5 clean laps at the oval. Keep in mind that everyone got 20 clean laps at the road course, not counting restarts. I am just glad that my testing job is almost done lol.
Yep, it's a surprising amount of labor to drive so many cars, especially the ones you don't agree with as much, always running into that "one screw up" that costs to much time, trying to get it again. :banghead:

But it's great practice... I think. :lol:

brave bear - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02:
Road Course: 1:28.858 Speedway: 51.266
Good car, good tune, maybe a bit much rear downforce, but a seriously quick little car for having PP jacked 20 on rear downforce alone. A very good drive overall, just doesn't have the pebbles. "Out gunned but not out tuned"so to speak.

Thanks for the review. downforce was put to max for the purposes of the shootout but otherwise it is an any track tune as i did not tune a car specifically for the shootout. otherwise it is a brilliant car in my opinion and your comments have convinced me that maybe i might have what it takes to be a good tuner. unfortunately the ps3 gods forsake me and i am without my ps3. c'est la vie and what not but thank you once again for the comments and congrats to all of the tuners out there

ps. oh yeah thanks praiano... and i think the car has a lot more to offer with a specialized setting as well.

Last edited:
Here the provisory results ,totals times ,sum of road and oval of the testers that have finished their time (all laps times for at least one track)
CSLACR = road + oval
Zero speed = road
Praiano = road + oval
Bigberry = road + oval

Sorry but i don't understand the new excel file, i take the last from euro shootout and adapted it . If anybody want i can send it by mail, or somebody (Bill myke gates) :) have to teach how to publish on google.

Have a good day everybody.

indyresultsprov.jpg

EDIT: Tis is the link, don't know if it work for everybody.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjYj7nEWY7zVdDREdkVaZ1VRMGRwQ0RMbHFUNlU4RUE#gid=0

Last edited:
Here the provisory results ,totals times ,sum of road and oval of the testers that have finished their time (all laps times for at least one track)
CSLACR = road + oval
Zero speed = road
Praiano = road + oval
Bigberry = road + oval

Sorry but i don't understand the new excel file, i take the last from euro shootout and adapted it . If anybody want i can send it by mail, or somebody (Bill myke gates) :) have to teach how to publish on google.

Have a good day everybody.

I tried to make the score sheet as easy as possible, though I realize using the filters was not as intuitive as I was hoping. I don't have you set up to do the data entry though, Praiano. If CSLACR agrees I can give you access to edit the sheet.

Check my post here for how to use the filters. If you are going to enter times, first sort by Tester, or filter by just the Tester name (Clear, then check Tester name). If you want to see your times as a Tuner, you can filter on your name in the Tuner column.

I tried to make the score sheet as easy as possible, though I realize using the filters was not as intuitive as I was hoping. I don't have you set up to do the data entry though, Praiano. If CSLACR agrees I can give you access to edit the sheet.

Check my post here for how to use the filters. If you are going to enter times, first sort by Tester, or filter by just the Tester name (Clear, then check Tester name). If you want to see your times as a Tuner, you can filter on your name in the Tuner column.

Hi Myke, impossible to use the filters because they don't appear at all.

Madame,need to link first page Smartbomb & CyKosis results...

Thanks have a good day.

I am not sure why the filters are not appearing. If you are viewing Google Docs in Google Chrome then everything should work. I will send a note to Google.

I will work on a better view for people to see results. Might take a day or two as work is busy lately.

For my driver choice if we need 3 cars for a podium i'll choose by the total points they perform during the test.

Number 1:

Tuner // car : acsr 421 // Ford GT No stripe ‘05

Test drive result // total points= 94 pts

Number2:

Tuner // car : GfxJG // Nissan GT-R SpecV ‘09

Test drive result // total points= 93 pts

Number 3: we have 4 cars with 92 points so i'm going to select one by my preference in term of "car i prefer to drive" not depending of the tune. Because all the tuners in this case make a very good job.

And my choice will go to the "VTiRoj // Ferrari 458 italia"

Tuner // car : Brave bear // mazda rx-7 spirit r type a (fd) '02

Test drive result // total points= 92 pts

Tuner // car : DigitalBaka // Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09

Congratulations to everybody.

Just wish you had hated my "Phantom" enough to get top time on the speedway with it!:D:lol:
Good job man and thanks for driving.👍👍

My pleasure, a proper "Clarkson" car, pooooooooooooooooooweeeeer..!! It was a hoot :mischievous: I didn't get many into the 0:50s and it took a little while before I could get your's there. Not sure I could have gotten round there as quick as I did with the R8 though :indiff:

{Cy}

My pleasure, a proper "Clarkson" car, pooooooooooooooooooweeeeer..!! It was a hoot :mischievous: I didn't get many into the 0:50s and it took a little while before I could get your's there. Not sure I could have gotten round there as quick as I did with the R8 though :indiff:

{Cy}
Might just be because I've driven it so much now but haven't found any of the others especially close on the speedway myself. Oh well still an outstanding job with a less than user friendly car, especially on the road course.:D

The only contenders to the Phantom IMO are CSLs R8, Praianos ZZII and my Scud .

Yours was the only one I got in the 48s (I think ,goes to check) so you had it easily .

I wish I tuned mine for the road course , thinking now it would have been good on the oval regardless. I tuned mainly on the oval.

Back