600 PP Road Car Shootout @ Indy

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 781 comments
If you guys want to sort it go up to the top where it says 'View' and change to 'List'. Not as colorful but it should be easily sortable if you want to view particular times.

Last edited:
Finished all initial road course tests and posted times here
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5767468#post5767468

Starting speedway testing now.

Hello Mister Xdesperados.

One thing i want you to check please , it can be a small mistake.

Those 2 cars are very close in performance and driving, everybody do very similar time on indyroad, but you have 1"500 diference. I wanted to know from you f it's not a little mistake when you write the times on a note.

Sorry, but i think difficult to have such a gap between them.

Have fun and drive fast... huhuhhhuuuuuu:scared:

madmyk - Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09:
Road Course:1:31.822 Speedway:

dr_slump - nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09:
Road Course:1:30.359 Speedway:

CSLACR
madmyk - Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09:
Road Course: 1:26.915 Speedway: 49.977
Under-steer on exits, over-steer on entry, lsd limits the cars turning ability so I actually found 4 tenths by running wider lines around all the corners, because the lsd couldn't stop me. A good showing in time despite this.
Essentially I originally saw a full second between them, for what it's worth, and madmyk's extra under-steer and over-steer turn-in probably makes it much harder to conquer with a ds3, as with slump's you can just kind of point and shoot.

Essentially I originally saw a full second between them, for what it's worth, and madmyk's extra under-steer and over-steer turn-in probably makes it much harder to conquer with a ds3, as with slump's you can just kind of point and shoot.

Only bigbery and Xdesperado have a such difference between the 2 cars , it will be a very interesting point to know if only them drive DS3.??

Me and you (and you and me :)) are wheel. What about the others. This can be a precious information for a tuner who make cars for DS3 also but with a wheel, like me.

CSLACR
dr_slump 1 26 494
madmyk 1 26 915

zero_speed
1 26 930
1 26 820

praiano
1 27 80
1 27 200

bigberry
1 27 860
1 29 36

Xdesperado
1 30 359
1 31 822

CyKosis1973
1 28 345
1 28 837

It may just be driver constancy then, really not sure, ds3 was more a shot in the dark from me, I can't stand using it enough anymore to really try. :lol:

I had issues with slumps car on entry, a little unstable under heavy braking lol.

Only bigbery and Xdesperado have a such difference between the 2 cars , it will be a very interesting point to know if only them drive DS3.??

Me and you (and you and me :)) are wheel. What about the others. This can be a precious information for a tuner who make cars for DS3 also but with a wheel, like me.

CSLACR
dr_slump 1 26 494
madmyk 1 26 915

zero_speed
1 26 930
1 26 820

praiano
1 27 80
1 27 200

bigberry
1 27 860
1 29 36

Xdesperado
1 30 359
1 31 822

CyKosis1973
1 28 345
1 28 837

Praiano I use a wheel too.

I had issues with slumps car on entry, a little unstable under heavy braking lol.
That's what I mean, it's actually amazing to me how drivers can run similar times and still have a totally different experience with the same car and tune.

It just goes to show there's more than one way around a track. :cheers:

Both cars understeer for me and the way I drive. Docs car is slightly more predictable and manageable plus I seemed to get slightly better top speeds through various sectors due to better prediction of where the car would/should be on the track. Also another contributer to my problems with madmyk's car is that it was not fully broken in. When the power is changing during the course of a run, either up as in this case, or down as in the case of praiano ZZII, it makes it that much harder to make consistent fast laps as the variations in HP cause differences in speed and acceleration at all points on the track. I might find the "perfect" speed and line on lap one but on lap two my speed is off due to the change in HP so that "perfect" line is actually different. The PP and HP on Docs car stayed exactly the same throughout not only the road course testing but the speedway testing (I started the speedway testing with him since I already had the car borrowed) as well. Between the fact that I drive with a ds3 using auto transmission and my less than great driving skills, a more predictable car that I can more or less memorize my points for around a track will generally be quicker for me. That being said nothing precludes a bit of luck entering the equation as well.
Personally I feel ACSR421's car was the best around the road course but I got the one super clean lap with CSLACR's car that is much faster than any of my other times.
Same thing with my own car, between the countless laps tuning it and my testing it finally that time during testing was my only time under :31 previous best during tuning was a 1:31.013.

I'm going to try and get at least one more session on the road course in with all the cars before the deadline, but I can't promise any improvement for anyone's time sorry.:irked:
Wish ole Harvey Wallbanger here was a better and more consistent driver, but I'm doing my best with each of the cars.

That's what I mean, it's actually amazing to me how drivers can run similar times and still have a totally different experience with the same car and tune.

It just goes to show there's more than one way around a track. :cheers:

It was only a issue on turn 2 (right hand sweeper) where on entry I go in wide, hard on brakes, hit apex and go.

I use a DS3 and Automatic. I sometimes use manual but for testing I kept it Auto only , jumping in and out of cars I would forget I have manual on.

On the differences between Dr Slumps R35 and Madmyks laptimes, Dr Slumps was easier to drive and felt faster. Maybe it gave more confidence I cant remember.

Ran my last three (I think?) on the Road Track. Another shocker tonight!! :drool: :crazy: :dopey:

Results updated with VTiRoj, C-Zeta and dr_slump's cars.

Next up the the Superspeedway, then if there's still time left I might re-visit a few cars on the Road Track.

Both cars understeer for me and the way I drive. Docs car is slightly more predictable and manageable plus I seemed to get slightly better top speeds through various sectors due to better prediction of where the car would/should be on the track. Also another contributer to my problems with madmyk's car is that it was not fully broken in. When the power is changing during the course of a run, either up as in this case, or down as in the case of praiano ZZII, it makes it that much harder to make consistent fast laps as the variations in HP cause differences in speed and acceleration at all points on the track. I might find the "perfect" speed and line on lap one but on lap two my speed is off due to the change in HP so that "perfect" line is actually different. The PP and HP on Docs car stayed exactly the same throughout not only the road course testing but the speedway testing (I started the speedway testing with him since I already had the car borrowed) as well. Between the fact that I drive with a ds3 using auto transmission and my less than great driving skills, a more predictable car that I can more or less memorize my points for around a track will generally be quicker for me. That being said nothing precludes a bit of luck entering the equation as well.
Personally I feel ACSR421's car was the best around the road course but I got the one super clean lap with CSLACR's car that is much faster than any of my other times.
Same thing with my own car, between the countless laps tuning it and my testing it finally that time during testing was my only time under :31 previous best during tuning was a 1:31.013.

I'm going to try and get at least one more session on the road course in with all the cars before the deadline, but I can't promise any improvement for anyone's time sorry.:irked:
Wish ole Harvey Wallbanger here was a better and more consistent driver, but I'm doing my best with each of the cars.
What I do with cars not broken in is use power limiter and put them 4HP below maximum, to ensure nobody gets any "advantage" by submitting a car that gains power with every lap.
This is why I recommended everyone break them in before, the only other option is changing the limiter every lap, which will result in no rhythm, and the slowest possible time for their car.

Last times includes

CSLACR_Shootout classification only with testers who have finished their driving session.

CSLACR: oval /road / complete

Zerospeed: oval(need dylan time only ,i use 50" average) /road / complete

praiano: oval /road / complete

bigberry: oval /road / complete

CyKosis: oval /road / complete

Xdesperado: road

smartbomb: road

cccdz.jpg

Testing on hold as I'm having trouble downloading and installing update v1.12

Edit: Got it finally will resume testing after work tomorrow.

Last edited:

I think I can speak for most here when I say your best is all you need. 👍

As you well know from hosting these events and starting up FITT, drivers of every style and skill are encouraged to join and put the cars through their paces. Sure there was a thought that we don't want to exclude folks but from a testing perspective it will also highlight which cars are consistent and easy to drive across that variety. In my mind one of the top achievements for a tuner is to create a tune that is accessible to a wide variety of drivers. Sometimes you're on the mark and sometimes you miss but having missed should discourage neither tuner nor driver. Both will learn and carry that into the next experience.

TLDR, don't feel bad for being what you are. :sly:👍 I'm sure you don't, Harv, but for anyone else thinking they don't measure up or they are too slow, it's no worry at all.

Now, who's soapbox did I steal...? :dunce:

DigitalBaka
Now, who's soapbox did I steal...? :dunce:

I think you may have stolen mine. ;)

In Harveywallbanger's FF Challenge, I entered as a medium level driver that was keen. I managed to learn a lot about my driving, a small amount about tuning and then was the 7th fastest driver in the challenge. (Please don't check how many drivers I was 7th out of.)

So I think and will always advocate that a driver who does his/her best and tries to drive fast using there many varying driving styles, is always welcome in a FITT event.

Dylans1o car updated with oval time in orange. With that being said, my testing is now complete!! I had a lot of fun, learned a bunch in the process too. 18 cars X 25 laps each = 450 laps in total. :)

Dylans1o car updated with oval time in orange. With that being said, my testing is now complete!! I had a lot of fun, learned a bunch in the process too. 18 cars X 25 laps each = 450 laps in total. :)
You crazy man, you crazy.

I'm actually not sure If I'm going to have the time for a second sessions or not now, I have practice and series tonight/tomm so it'll be up to Mon, Tue, and Wed if I can get them all done another set on IRC, I'll definitely be leaving the speedway times go as they are though.

Thanks all. A bunch of fun cars to drive, just wish that it had been on a different track.

Unfortunately due to unexpected time constraints I was only able to give each car 5 laps on each track. I did express this a few days ago, and took CSLACR's advice on running them in the order slowest to fastest of the already posted times (I used Praiano's post). I won't worry if anyone feels that this isn't right, and the times should not be included.

Praiano63 - PSN: Praiano63
TOMMY KAIRA ZZII ’00
Road – 1:29.659
Oval – 49.081

Thanks Praiano. Just a joy to drive. I couldn’t quite believe how controllable it is on the oval, and then to back that up with a rather quick time on the road. Just amazing. A complete package. For a car that goes so fast, I think the best bit about it are the brakes.

XDesperado67 - PSN: XDesperado67
Cadillac Cien Concept '02 "Phantom"
Road – 1:30.559
Oval – 49.255

I think that you should rename this the “Gimp”. My did it need a firm hand to keep it on the right path. Lots of fun though, once the right whips had been found…

C-ZETA - PSN: V16T91
Lamborghini Murcielago LP720-4 TerminalVeloce-ity '11
Road – 1:30.908
Oval – 51.111

A little too twitchy and bouncy for me to push any harder than I did.

Milldrum - PSN: GT-HO-FALCON
Audi Nuvolari Quattro '03 (Passionate Pink)
Road – 1:31.729
Oval – 52.090

There’s a bit too much under steer here for my liking. Coasting through any corners means you end up out the other side of the track. The brakes do not pull up as sharply as I need them to.

GfxJG - PSN: GfxJG
Nissan GT-R SpecV '09
Road – 1:30.603
Oval – 50.971

Meh. I’m with a lot of others on this forum. I don’t find the GT-Rs to be much more than bland. There’s a little under steer in the really tight corners, which I suppose helps in all the others. Other than that, it goes where you point it, when you point it, and you have to really try hard to make something go wrong. That is a beautiful colour though.

krenkme - PSN: krenkme
Chrysler 300C
Road – 1:34.043
Oval – 52.149

Too much torque! Are we sure there isn’t a diesel Peugeot/Audi le Mans engine shoehorned into here? For me as a self-confessed ‘throttle whore’, this car could have been so much faster if it wasn’t so desperate to spin the rears under the slightest application of power.

bigberry - PSN: bigberry
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Road – 1:31.522
Oval – 50.113

Wow. Quick on the oval. This must be my favorite 430 tune tried to date. Very consistent, and hard to get things wrong.

VTiRoj - PSN: RoJJieE
Ferrari 458 Indy
Road – 1:30.969
Oval – 50.589

Nice work. Really easy to get on the power after a slow corner. Very consistent times.

Dylans1o - PSN: Dylan_95_09
Lamborghini Murcielago
Road – 1:30.693
Oval – 50.498

Easy to handle for an AWD raging bull, even verging on being a little too over steery.

CSLACR - PSN: GTP_CSL
Audi R8 4.2 FSI R-Tronic '07
Road – 1:28.879
Oval – 49.358

A little bit of a handful, but quick like a scalded cat! This is the first time I noticed difficulty in getting the weight transfer right, don’t know what that means. Good fun though.

CyKosis1973 - PSN: CyKosis1973
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10
Road – 1:31.503
Oval – 51.175

Now if only I could make the AMG Academy one in Special Events handle like this one. I like it. Smooth and refined, not at all as described!

akmuq - PSN: GTP_akmuq
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren
Road – 1:32.385
Oval – 51.995

Nice and easy does it. Turns when it’s told and power goes to the road, not up in smoke. I just wish it was a little quicker to go with the smooth ride.

ACSR421 - PSN: acsr421
Ford GT '05 "no stripe"
Road – 1:29.237
Oval – 49.691

Oh I like. I like a lot. Doesn’t seem that fast on the move, but the times tell otherwise. It does what it’s told at high speed, with almost no repercussions if pushed a little too hard.

brave bear - PSN: iklatun
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02
Road – 1:32.493
Oval – 51.934

Nice. Very nice. A lovely smooth ride. Turn beautifully and can be quick in or out. A real shame it doesn’t have the top end acceleration of others.

DigitalBaka - PSN: DigitalBaka
Lamborghini Murcielago LP670-4 SuperVeloce '09
Road – 1:30.165
Oval – 50.134

Cool. Very little of the cursed AWD under steer. Quick when you need it to be and very stable.

raVer - PSN: GTP_CSL (hosted)
Aston Martin Vantage '99
Road – 1:34.988
Oval – 53.129

Turn. In. You. ******! Under steer galore here. As one result of this, I needed to slow too much on the corners at the oval. Can’t say much more.

madmyk - PSN: madmyk
Nissan GT-R SpecV (GT Academy Version) '09
Road – 1:29.768
Oval – 51.013

Solid, dependable, and consistent. Unsurprising really since it’s a GT-R. Good and quick. Might have benefited from slightly shorter gearing though.

dr_slump - PSN: the_dr_slump
nissan gt-r specv gt academy version '09
Road – 1:29.982
Oval – 50.288

I had a little trouble pointing this at the line I wanted at the oval. Other than that, fine work. Possible a touch bumpy at high speed.

All in all a fine bunch of tunes, but my prize for the most enjoyable goes to Praiano's ZZII.

Good work Tris. I can and will make the 430 scud a lot better, as soon as the shootouts done im taking it off share. Im a beginner at this so it takes me longer to tune than others. Unlike Praiano he can tune over the phone lol.

Like an idiot I kinda neglected the road course , expect an extra second there . Ill post the tune once done.

I forgot my drivers choice awards...(drum roll please)

Best MR (RWD) tune: ACSR421 reason: 1:25's at the road course, enough said.

Best MR (AWD) tune: CSLACR reason: hands down the FASTEST AWD at the road course.

The contest is about who is the fastest, not driving pleasure, the most "fun", etc. Cause at the end of the day fast laps are what counts, and what wins races. Almost forgot...

The WTF!! award goes to...(drum roll please)

desperado

Reason: Your tune made me say WTF!! more than any other car submitted lol. The Cien is a fantastic platform IMO, and I seriously think that if it wasn't soo damn twitchy it could do 1:26's. I would like to see a dedicated IRC tune to see what it can really do. :)

Last times includes

CSLACR_Shootout classification only with testers who have finished their driving session.

CSLACR: oval /road / complete

Zerospeed: oval /road / complete

praiano: oval /road / complete

bigberry: oval /road / complete

CyKosis: oval /road / complete

Xdesperado: road

smartbomb: road

tris_73 : oval /road / complete

semttulowc.jpg

Hey guys. I haven't been able to come online much over the last couple of days but i read the available reviews so far and i just want to thank everyone for being so nice about my car. I wasn't entirely surprised with the times that she posted but i am overwhelmed with the responses to my tune. I thank you. Bless.

Hey guys. I haven't been able to come online much over the last couple of days but i read the available reviews so far and i just want to thank everyone for being so nice about my car. I wasn't entirely surprised with the times that she posted but i am overwhelmed with the responses to my tune. I thank you. Bless.
Well, it's basically a 585-590 PP car and it's beating 3 others so far, and 15 PP is a lot.

Back