B-Spec Grinder 2.5.2: Automate Remote Races

• Thread starter yonis
  • 4,266 comments
Has the Google Database in that post been updated? I think it would benefit evryone seeking how to do this, if the content of that post is added to the first post of the thread. So it's not buried in the middle.
No it has not been, the file is locked to the original creator.

Has anyone got the same problem? Ever since the latest update, this Widget B-spec doesn't seem to run properly anymore. I was running it sucessfully for days without a problem. But it just seems to get stuck on loading a track very often. It runs maybe two or three races and then the PS3 track loading screen with drivers names running on top is stuck indefinitely. The only thing I can do is to quit game and start it up again. Anyone has a solution?

I have tried with changing settings with threads and seconds but it dodn't get anything better.

Thank you for helping.

Has anyone got the same problem? Ever since the latest update, this Widget B-spec doesn't seem to run properly anymore. I was running it sucessfully for days without a problem.
I had problems like these too but clearing the network-cache (on PS3) was the solution (for me). See topic-start on how to clear the network-cache.

<OT>I didn't do this since the start of Remote Racing and clearing the cache took at least half an hour :grumpy:... my PS3 was still busy when I left my house. When I came back (4 hours later), the cache was cleared :)</OT>

It took a long while for me too, but it seems to work. Ran flawlessly throughout the night. Thank you so much!!!

I'm sure this has been asked and probably answered before,but I cant find any posts about it.I'm having a problem with the widget,where it almost always never uses the drivers of the friend in "always use" and always uses the drivers of the same friends as use randomly.Also I have it set to leave 0 drivers under the always use friend and leave 3 drivers under the randomly used ones.It ends up using all of the drivers under the randomly use and none of the drivers under always use.Wow that was like a tongue twister,sorry if there's any confusion

As written in post above - if they are used by someone else, they cannot be used by you. If that is not the case, try this: Close the widget. Start a normal B-spec race by yourself (not through the widget). Gather up those drivers manually and add some random drivers from your friends. Start a race and let it run it's course. At the end of race start up the server mode. Go to widget and start it up. It should work OK now.

Thanks for the update.
Mine is still not working, but i guess it's not related to the grinder then...
I can use regular remote function, but not the grinder. It worked yesterday.

Had to log in with wrong account, then retry with correct account. It solved the problem.

Tried to restart computer, and delete the widget, but nothing helped. Just wanted to post this if anyone else having this issue

Had some problems with the widget today after the update. It would reserve drivers then stop saying server issues. After closing and restarting the widget and re-authenicating, it now works again.

baly
Hi is the widget really supposed to use around 85+ % of CPU ? as my pc is almost grinding to a halt.
thanks

No... That sounds like Yahoo!-widget (the shell) needs to be forced-closed...
Or just reboot your pc once a day :sly:

Idk why people are so worried about their PSN info, I just run a throw away account with a single bspec driver and Have the friends list on that particular account limited to my main account, a friend and another throw away account with 6 crappy drivers.

No security issues because no credit information is stored on the throw away account and all 6 of my drivers get to race, it's an all around win win, be it switching between accounts is annoyingly slow when leveling everyone up.

something is really wrong.

Somehow It suddenly doesn't race anymore.
It says starting race forever!

And when I check manage drivers I cant see any drivers! I see my own, but I see no friends!
And forcing reauthentication after a couple of times still don't work :S

something is really wrong.

Somehow It suddenly doesn't race anymore.
It says starting race forever!

And when I check manage drivers I cant see any drivers! I see my own, but I see no friends!
And forcing reauthentication after a couple of times still don't work :S
Load your PS3 MANUALY with a remote race. Sounds like the a disconnection mid race happened when this acures the site will block use untill the PS3 re uploads data..
To avoid disconnects use US GT servers and US website..

Load your PS3 MANUALY with a remote race. Sounds like the a disconnection mid race happened when this acures the site will block use untill the PS3 re uploads data..
To avoid disconnects use US GT servers and US website..

thanks gonna try that out.

my widgit says connecting to PS3 but never connects , i dont know why , would be nice if i could use the program and run my drivers on my other name as both names are friends .

southernpride20
my widgit says connecting to PS3 but never connects , i dont know why , would be nice if i could use the program and run my drivers on my other name as both names are friends .

Ps3 has to be in server standby mode.

how do u do that , as im on my other name racing does that matter >? i mean do u need to be on the same name as what u want to widget ? im new to it .

southernpride20
how do u do that , as im on my other name racing does that matter >? i mean do u need to be on the same name as what u want to widget ? im new to it .

Yes you have to be on that account and then go to community, remote race, server standby.

To get to the Yahoo Widget Debug Mode you need to hold shift+control and right click on the Yahoo Widget icon.

The Yahoo Widget Icon looks like a pair of small gears.

On a Mac: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found on the Menu bar at the top of the screen (where the time/date, speaker icon, apple icon and the like are found). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+left click on the Icon.

On a Windows machines: the Yahoo Widget Icon is found in the System Tray in the tool bar (where the time/date and other application and system icons hang out). To get debug mode to appear in the menu list then shift+ctrl+right click on the Icon.

You cannot get to the debug mode by clicking in any way on the Yahoo Widget itself (where the Grinder is).

After you have ctrl+shift+right (or left) clicked on the icon then left click on it and "Debug Mode" should now appear in the menu list. Click on Debug Mode and the Debug window should open up after you stop and restart the Grinder Widget.

For the Remote Race Country Codes for the tracks for your country check out this table: https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...=CKaL11E#gid=0

Put "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in the text entry line at the bottom of the Debug window, where "id" is the ID of the race you want to run. Hit return and the number should appear above in the debug window. I think you only need to do this once as it seems to remember the track setting (unless you delete/reinstall the widget).

Mike

ok so after u type "preferences.preferredRace.value = id;" in just hit reload and close the debug window?

Back