Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
PONTIAC GTO 5.7 COUPE ‘04 // 597 pp // ONLINE OK

125 kg rear ballast and a new weight balance of 55%/45% was the solution to make this car have a decent driving line with no understeer. Drive it ,you will not feel the extra weight. It's very fast, sharp and safe.

mazdaracewaylagunaseca1.jpg
mazdaracewaylagunaseca2q.jpg

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
Ballast = 125 kg position +50
ECU
Engine 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Catalytic converter sport
Titanium racing exhaust
Supercharger
Custom transmission
Clutch twin plate
Flywheel semi-racing
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

Transmission how to process:
1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3460
3- Select top speed at 370 km/h = 230 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 2790
2: 2008
3: 1514
4: 1186
5: 0960
6: 0803

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 349 km/h = 217 mph

Tracks: All around / adapt with final gear to each track

power 815 hp
weight 1500 kg
perf. PointS: 597 pp

Downforce 00/00

LSD Rear 09/24/08

Ride Height -05/-20

Spring Rate 12.0/9.5
Extension 9/8
Compression 9/9
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.4/1.6
Toe -0.04/+0.12

Brake Balance 7/5

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I wonder if that will be the same for the Holden Monaro. They are the same car basically. I'll try it and see. Thanks Sir. :)

I wonder if that will be the same for the Holden Monaro. They are the same car basically. I'll try it and see. Thanks Sir. :)

You're welcome. Yes ,if you test the settings on the Holden it must work, but i don't have it to check myself. I'm very interested to know about it, the GTO with ballast is another car, now i enjoy a lot to drive it... Not this much before..👍 Thanks.

praiano63
PONTIAC GTO 5.7 COUPE ‘04 // 597 pp // ONLINE OK

125 kg rear ballast and a new weight balance of 55%/45% was the solution to make this car have a decent driving line with no understeer. Drive it ,you will not feel the extra weight. It's very fast, sharp and safe.

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
ECU
Engine 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Titanium racing exhaust
Supercharger
Custom transmission
Clutch twin plate
Flywheel semi-racing
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3460
3- Select top speed at 370 km/h = 230 mph
1: 2790
2: 2008
3: 1514
4: 1186
5: 0960
6: 0803

It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 349 km/h = 217 mph

power 815 hp
weight 1500 kg
perf. PointS: 597 pp

Downforce 00/00

LSD Rear 09/24/08

Ride Height -05/-20

Spring Rate 12.0/9.5
Extension 9/8
Compression 9/9
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 2.4/1.6
Toe -0.04/+0.12

Brake Balance 7/5

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

Lol you won of a Chaparral 2J with that tune??OMG!If you really won of a Chaparral 2J,this is the most changing tune ever made!I have a Pontiac GTO,and it is very worse than a Chaparral 2J

Lol you won of a Chaparral 2J with that tune??OMG!If you really won of a Chaparral 2J,this is the most changing tune ever made!I have a Pontiac GTO,and it is very worse than a Chaparral 2J

The tune is very diferent now than without ballast, test it you'll see. Chaparral 2J have only fans under the car, my gto have air conditioner inside. Smart idea Pontiac people, Poor pilot of the chapparal tuna can under the Laguna sun :guilty: ...:):)

Rjcobra
Is there another way i can send it to you?

Man, i think i'm staying crazy. Of course i have the "DODGE SRT4 '03" but Neon Neon ???!!! Now i realize !! I tune this car for the ring master challenge on the ring. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5630996#post5630996
But it's an Offline tune very sharp ,made only for this contest. Let me check if i can do an Online Offline more allround. I send your car back after this..

Man, i think i'm staying crazy. Of course i have the "DODGE SRT4 '03" but Neon Neon ???!!! Now i realize !! I tune this car for the ring master challenge on the ring. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5630996#post5630996
But it's an Offline tune very sharp ,made only for this contest. Let me check if i can do an Online Offline more allround. I send your car back after this..

Whoops, sorry, Neon is the name of the base model. SRT4 is what I meant. Thanks

Whoops, sorry, Neon is the name of the base model. SRT4 is what I meant. Thanks

Done. Let me take some pictures and i send your car back. You will have a great surprise, on Indy road, i shave 3 seconds, and online, it's even better . The front grip is huge and the rear is planted. Really a half big surprise, just used this car for the last shootout, now it confirm all the goods things i felt about it.

DODGE SRT4 ’03 yellow is faster.. // 591 pp // ONLINE OK

Now the poor Tuna can chapparal become a good client. New matador named dodge SRT4 , the only thing that remember you're driving a FF is the wheels spinning with such power. But the rest is grip, line ,balance.... Awsome good car Chapparal killer. Welcome to the club.

mazdaracewaylagunaseca3.jpg
mazdaracewaylagunaseca4.jpg
mazdaracewaylagunaseca5.jpg

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
Aerodownforce kit
ECU
Engine 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Titanium racing exhaust
Turbo 3
Custom transmission
Clutch twin plate
Flywheel semi-racing
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 4.529
3- Select top speed at 370 km/h =230 mph
1: 2.081
2: 1.498
3: 1.130
4: 0.884
5: 0.718
6: 0.599
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 349 km/h=217 mph

power 608 hp
weight 1124 kg
perf. Points: 591 pp

Downforce 00/20

LSD Front 08/20/10

Ride Height -05/-15

Spring Rate 11.3/8.0
Extension 5/7
Compression 5/8
Anti-roll bars 2/3
Camber 1.8/0.8
Toe 0.00/+0.09

Brake Balance 6/7

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

Last edited:
Hello my friend. Thank for putting the Mini on share. It is a funny tune but sure turns great. It makes the Mini seasonal more interesting for sure.

Please stop by my garage some time and check out my new tunes. I think you will like the 300SL I did with dr_slump's help. :)

Hello my friend. Thank for putting the Mini on share. It is a funny tune but sure turns great. It makes the Mini seasonal more interesting for sure.

Please stop by my garage some time and check out my new tunes. I think you will like the 300SL I did with dr_slump's help. :)

Yes my friend, i know your place with Krenkme and Jack. But you need to link yours tunes on first page... No 300 SL. I saw it now on last page, seems fun, will give a try tomorrow. Have a good night.

WOW!! I'm a believer! I used your tune on my Furai & nailed Daytona in Like the Wind!! :D After struggling for days...

I'd like thank the previous tuner for helping me win at Indy! (After I got the 750K to straighten the frame!! :rolleyes: ) Sorry, I've no idea who he is. But your tune's SO much better for me in the Daytona infield!👍 Much more forgiving.

I've made copies of a bunch of your other tunes, I'm about to give the Minolta I won to Bob, (With your tune, of course) so he can do his thing!! 👍

Muchas gracias, amigo!! (Sorry, I don't know any Portuguese. Spanish is the best I can do... :) )

Last edited:
WOW!! I'm a believer! I used your tune on my Furai & nailed Daytona in Like the Wind!! :D After struggling for days...

I'd like thank the previous tuner for helping me win at Indy! (After I got the 750K to straighten the frame!! :rolleyes: ) Sorry, I've no idea who he is. But your tune's SO much better for me in the Daytona infield!👍 Much more forgiving.

I've made copies of a bunch of your other tunes, I'm about to give the Minolta I won to Bob, so he can do his thing!! 👍

Muchas gracias, amigo!! (Sorry, I don't know any Portuguese. Spanish is the best I can do... :) )

Thanks, the Mazda Furai is a beast for shure. Talking about Le mans cars the Minolta is very good, Try also the bentley very fast and easy, The toyota GTOne is very fast too.... Enjoy the tunes.

High End Performance G37 ?? Seems like a car you would have tuned. Been wanting one but never bothered to buy it. do you know if its worth it or not??

High End Performance G37 ?? Seems like a car you would have tuned. Been wanting one but never bothered to buy it. do you know if its worth it or not??

Just finishing fine tune of "Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) ’73" and i go G37 .. totally forget this car.... It's a very good one, will be a great pleasure.

Just finishing fine tune of "Nissan SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) ’73" and i go G37 .. totally forget this car.... It's a very good one, will be a great pleasure.

The G37 does seem like a good car. Thinking of changing my muscle car at the moment. I love the srt8 and it handles just as I like with your tune. I reduced the downforce because of the pp and raised the back end a bit. still a good car.. I was thiking of the Mustang Trans-camber. Doesnt hit 600 pp but I think its a really good car. Should be good on the long straights. I dont suppose you can make it turn for me can you?

NISSAN SKYLINE 2000GT-R (KPGC110) '73 // 450pp // ONLINE OK

tsukubacircuit1z.jpg

tsukubacircuitsg.jpg

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT
Old car,need engine overhaul and chassis refit at the shop
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
ECU
Engine 3
Sport intake manifold
Sport exhaust manifold
Titanium racing exhaust
Custom transmission
Clutch twin plate
Flywheel semi-racing
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 4.444
3- Select top speed at 290 km/h = 180 mph
1: 2.519
2: 1.843
3: 1.400
4: 1.099
5: 0.893
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 268 km/h= 167 mph

power 269 hp
weight 974 kg
perf. Points: 450 pp

Downforce 00/00

LSD Rear 05/05/05

Ride Height -10/00

Spring Rate 10.5/7.8
Extension 9/4
Compression 8/5
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 0.5/2.0
Toe 0.00/+0.18

Brake Balance 5/7

tires Sport Soft Tires

Enjoy.

Last edited:
HIGH END PERFORMANCE G37 // 618 pp // ONLINE OK

Picture GTTurtle.

Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
Engine 3
Titanium racing exhaust
Turbo 3
Custom transmission
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3.692
3- Select top speed at 380 km/h = 236 mph
1: 2.806
2: 2.016
3: 1.514
4: 1.182
5: 0.954
6: 0.796
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 358 km/h= 222 mph

power 660 hp
weight 1266 kg
perf. Points: 618 pp

Downforce 20/50

LSD Rear 08/24/05

Ride Height -15/-20

Spring Rate 13.4/11.1
Extension 9/6
Compression 8/7
Anti-roll bars 1/2
Camber 1.8/1.8
Toe -0.04/+0.18

Brake Balance 7/4

tires RACING TIRES

thetopgeartesttracki.jpg
thetopgeartesttrack1.jpg

Enjoy.

Last edited:
NISSAN GT-R CONCEPT (TOKYO MOTOR SHOW 2001) // 600PP // ONLINE OK

suzukacircuitj.jpg

Parts needed for the tune:
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
No chassis reinforcement
ECU
Racing air filter
Sport intake manifold
Titaium racing exhaust
Turbo stage 3
Custom transmission
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit
Downforce 00/00

Characteristics:
power: 678 hp
weight: 1269 kg
perf. Points: 600 pp

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 3.545
3- Select top speed at 390 km/h = 242 mph
1: 3.573
2: 2.521
3: 1.888
4: 1.499
5: 1.220
6: 1.020
7: 0.876
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 372 km/h= 231 mph

LSD Front 10/32/05
LSD Rear 10/35/12

Torque ditr. 35/65

Suspensions settings:

Ride Height 00/-20

Spring Rate 09.7/10.4
Extension 9/7
Compression 8/8
Anti-roll bars 1/2

Camber 2.4/1.6
Toe 0.00/+0.12

Brake Balance 7/3

Tires: RACING TIRES

Enjoy.

Heyas praiano thanx for posting the GTO 5.7 set up. the ballast was a big help with the understeer problem. It's a shame. I really think polyphony got it wrong with that car, because I drove one in real life for three years, and it handled at least as well as my x wife's 2003 M3. That was before I installed coil-overs and sway bars. I messed with the online version for hours on end with little to no success. Your tune was a marked improvement for sure. Also in RL that car had an awesome exhaust note. It did not sound like a vacuum cleaner. Oh well I guess I just have let go and move on. Thanx again for the great tunes.

Heyas praiano thanx for posting the GTO 5.7 set up. the ballast was a big help with the understeer problem. It's a shame. I really think polyphony got it wrong with that car, because I drove one in real life for three years, and it handled at least as well as my x wife's 2003 M3. That was before I installed coil-overs and sway bars. I messed with the online version for hours on end with little to no success. Your tune was a marked improvement for sure. Also in RL that car had an awesome exhaust note. It did not sound like a vacuum cleaner. Oh well I guess I just have let go and move on. Thanx again for the great tunes.

You're welcome. Yes , with a weight repartition 60/40 ,it's very difficult to tune a car without some insane settings. When the settings are too extreme ,and the result still not as expected ,i use ballast .Generally it enough to begin again ,working on a good base.
Enjoy the tunes, and have a good day.

Hi Praiano! I've seen new tune of Pontiac GTO, this is very powerful, I'll try it, it reminds me the Holden Commodore. Which is better? the GTO looks faster.

Un saludo!

atika
Hi Praiano! I've seen new tune of Pontiac GTO, this is very powerful, I'll try it, it reminds me the Holden Commodore. Which is better? the GTO looks faster.

Un saludo!

In real life the Holden Commodore is the 4 door version of the Monaro. The Monaro is the Australian version of the Pontiac GTO. The Pontiac had a higher spec engine.(Different top half of engine.) The Pontiac was the better car.

For $50k US you could buy a Monaro in Australia, where they are made. In the US they were $30k US. I do not know why. :(

In real life the Holden Commodore is the 4 door version of the Monaro. The Monaro is the Australian version of the Pontiac GTO. The Pontiac had a higher spec engine.(Different top half of engine.) The Pontiac was the better car.

For $50k US you could buy a Monaro in Australia, where they are made. In the US they were $30k US. I do not know why. :(

Hi Milldrum! It's more expensive in Australia! Curious!!!

Hey, Praiano. Do you think you could cook up a tune for the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08? I understand you're busy, but I can't find a tune for it anywhere.

Thanks for this. Much better. It will probably compete better at a slightly lower pp

DODGE SRT4 ’03 yellow is faster.. // 591 pp // ONLINE OK

Now the poor Tuna can chapparal become a good client. New matador named dodge SRT4 , the only thing that remember you're driving a FF is the wheels spinning with such power. But the rest is grip, line ,balance.... Awsome good car Chapparal killer. Welcome to the club.

mazdaracewaylagunaseca3.jpg
mazdaracewaylagunaseca4.jpg
mazdaracewaylagunaseca5.jpg

NO CHASSIS REINFORCEMENT
Weight reduction 3
Window weight reduction
Aerodownforce kit
ECU
Engine 3
Sport intake manifold
Racing air filter
Sport exhaust manifold
Titanium racing exhaust
Turbo 3
Custom transmission
Clutch twin plate
Flywheel semi-racing
LSD
Custom Suspension Kit

1- Select default
2- Select final gear at 4.529
3- Select top speed at 370 km/h =230 mph
1: 2.081
2: 1.498
3: 1.130
4: 0.884
5: 0.718
6: 0.599
It 'll give a top speed (above on the right) of 349 km/h=217 mph

power 608 hp
weight 1124 kg
perf. Points: 591 pp

Downforce 00/20

LSD Rear 08/20/10

Ride Height -05/-15

Spring Rate 11.3/8.0
Extension 5/7
Compression 5/8
Anti-roll bars 2/3
Camber 1.8/0.8
Toe 0.00/+0.09

Brake Balance 6/7

tires R3/R3

Enjoy.

Un saludo!

Hi, i'm looking at both cars now. Engine +- same cc, length and width +- same, but the weight repartition of the Holden is already 55/45. The pontiac need 125 kg ballast to reach this proportion.
So the Holden is 151 kg lighter for same 55/45%, less power fully tuned but +- same pp. Normally the holden have to drive better because it's lighter with same base ..... But not at all . It have less grip ,settings of the pontiac don't work on it.....
Result of the test, the pontiac is a much more better car. So more better that i'll not publish the tune of the holden. I don't like this car....:yuck:

Hey, Praiano. Do you think you could cook up a tune for the Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08? I understand you're busy, but I can't find a tune for it anywhere.

I can check the car but not now, i have some before it and i want to review some older tune too. More job in real life ,so no prevision. But i'll do it, it's a very good car. There is 5 tunes of this car, did you try alls?? Have a good night
https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/home

Back