GT5 "Spec 2.0" Discussion Thread - Read the First post!

• Thread starter deep_sky
  • 4,794 comments
I agree with you man.

But what I would like is a Racing Modification EDITOR. Liveries only?. Nope. A full RM editor.

That would be really good. Of course is not going to happen... but we are talking here, aren´t we?

Is it a choice between one or the other?

No real need for a RM editor. Just need to sort out the upgrade/parts store and you could race spec any car you like. Like *cough*Fm3*cough*
Combine that with a livery editor, and shazzaam..

Happy to finally hear something...Hopefully this Spec 2 update includes some cars and not more designs of racing helmets and suits..

It's all about priorties.

As far as i am concerned livery is at the bottom of things to be added to GT. It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay beyond a few oohs and aaahs, check out the booty on this car wooo! The ****?

spend the manpower on things that enhance gameplay. That's my motto.

Have you not been paying attention to the past 10 months, look at what has been highlighted as some of the top or most needed 'fixes' or 'wants' for GT5 and then look at what Polyphony have given us through updates instead. Hardly a perfect match is it - so when it comes to peoples 'personal favourites', why even bother when Polyphony aren't even listening to the masses.

Everyone has got their own priorities, the most important of all (unfortunately for us), is Polyphony, and they have proved beyond any dobut they will do what they want, not what the masses want.

Fair enough, a livery editor may not be for you, but to others it may well be. Just look at the diversity of ideas and suggestions, this should tell you that one particular need is not the same for all.

Why do people who detract from a livery editor always roll out the cliché that it's going to just be used to rice up cars by every user?

It's a tool of creative expression; it is what you make it.

Anyone who races in organized events and leagues would kill to have a livery editor. I would rather have a livery editor than 40 unchallenging new generic, grinding A spec events against terrible zombie AI.

Exactly - look at custom cars, especially Hot rods, or Pro Street style cars, even the aircooled V-Dubs scene - how popular have flames / ghost flames, two tone and scallops been over the years??

Personally, I wouldn't want every car to be 'liveried', but there are certainly SOME cars in the game that would be more than suited for a bit of a custom finish - no matter what that was (personnaly I LOVE my scallops - but I know there's not a chance in hell of getting them in GT5, but so what, no big deal).

It may not be the most wanted addition, but to say a livery editor it has no place in GT5 is ridiculous, under the same theory you might as well take all the Pebble Beach concours cars outta here to, I doubt many of them have ever even seen a race track, let alone be spanked around one.

There's such diversity within GT5 users and players it's going to be impossible for Polyphony to please everyone, but they could be doing alot more for the Euro and American markets rather than concentrating on the home front IMO.

Is it a choice between one or the other?

No real need for a RM editor. Just need to sort out the upgrade/parts store and you could race spec any car you like. Like *cough*Fm3*cough*
Combine that with a livery editor, and shazzaam..

You can´t modify a car to full extent in GT Auto. By RM EDITOR I mean (for example) transforming a McLaren F1 into a LeMans class machine.

Just like you cant buy, btw, wich is not a premium. I´ve modified my F1 road car to the point that resembles EXACTLY the McLaren F1 GTR "street version" (for homologation purpouses) but it´s not the racing car.

I know what you are trying to say, but hope you get my point too

I don't think you do know what I'm trying to say :)

By saying 'sort out the upgrade/parts store (GT auto)' I mean put some proper bloody parts in there like Forza does, and you could race modify pretty much anything.

I'm not saying Forza does it perfectly by any means btw.

Someone in another (locked) thread said Kaz has already stated there will be no "new" cars, is there a source for this? I only heard about his original tweet about Spec 2.0 and DLC.

The post in question.

Agreeing with Tyger here; that's some pretty big news if that is actually the case.

Also, while researching to find a source, I came across an interesting article that was posted last August. This quote got my attention the most:

"What's more than ridiculous is that they've managed to cram [karting] into the game, yet the standard car models will not have a cockpit view. Kaz said that they tried to implement the black frame cockpits for all of the standard cars, but realized that they wouldn't be able to finish in time."

So maybe standard car cockpit views may make it into GT5's Spec II patch?

The post in question.

Agreeing with Tyger here; that's some pretty big news if that is actually the case.

Also, while researching to find a source, I came across an interesting article that was posted last August. This quote got my attention the most:

"What's more than ridiculous is that they've managed to cram [karting] into the game, yet the standard car models will not have a cockpit view. Kaz said that they tried to implement the black frame cockpits for all of the standard cars, but realized that they wouldn't be able to finish in time."

Nice find, I would't mind that at all. If you think about some of the duplicate cars have the same interiors as the premiums so maybe he really ran out of time to put it in.

It's all about priorties.

As far as i am concerned livery is at the bottom of things to be added to GT. It adds absolutely nothing to gameplay beyond a few oohs and aaahs, check out the booty on this car wooo! The ****?

spend the manpower on things that enhance gameplay. That's my motto.

And using the livery editor, the enjoyment of creating it provides isn't gameplay?
It's not just the results (which indeed won't make a car go faster or make it better to drive) but the whole process some look forward to, the same as Photo-Mode, it isn't for everyone but for those who use it, it extends the gameplay of the whole game.
And online and Photo-Mode (combined with this forum) ensures you can share the results.
Preaching to the converted no doubt as those with no creative urges whatsoever probably will never understand this element, they only worry about seeing distasteful things made by others.

And using the livery editor, the enjoyment of creating it provides isn't gameplay?
It's not just the results (which indeed won't make a car go faster or make it better to drive) but the whole process some look forward to, the same as Photo-Mode, it isn't for everyone but for those who use it, it extends the gameplay of the whole game.
And online and Photo-Mode (combined with this forum) ensures you can share the results.
Preaching to the converted no doubt as those with no creative urges whatsoever probably will never understand this element, they only worry about seeing distasteful things made by others.

A livery editor would be fun id make a Dukes Charger :)
EDIT: wasnt ment to quote it..

The customization should include users to edit and buy liveries with both external(body kits etc) and internal real parts(seats, belts, gauges etc) on cars from what we see with the race modded cars for PD to give us more flexibility in the future of the GT series instead of buying race modded cars. I'm no way guessing this will be in spec II. Just my opinion for the future of the GT series.

Sier_Pinski
The post in question.

I saw that thread, the guy said someone took a picture of the car and put GT5 in the background, so it's fake, but idk completely ;)

Spec II? Sounds cool.
Don't know what can i expect from this.

Probably old gt(4) tracks and some standard upgraded to premium, because it's free (...right?).
I think they will keep the really-new stuff for the dlc.

The post in question.

I am having no luck finding a link. I remember hearing that he wanted to update standards to premiums but no New cars would come. So if anyone could shed some light on this please do. And if not then hopefully I heard (read wrong).

Last edited:
I am having no luck finding a link. I remember hearing that he wanted to update standards to premiums but no New cars would come. So if anyone could shed some light on this please do. And if not then hopefully I heard (read wrong).

I remember something along the lines of, I don't want DLC but in this day and age that's how things are. So cars probably will come.

That would have been good news.

That's fantastic news for the 5% of GT5 owners who still play the game, and for the other 95% it's too little too late to care. It's a shame PD doesn't understand that games are normally played for weeks or maybe for months, rather than years. You don't get to wait almost a year from release to start releasing DLC and have any meaningful number of people give a crap. GT doesn't exist in a vacuum, after all.

I am pretty sure that more than 5% are still playing GT5.

The post in question.

Oh God please no black frame :crazy: it would be embarrassing.

We're in 2011 people!! We're playing in HD. Keep these home made solutions for yourself.

MAKE COCKPITS THE WAY THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE OR DON'T MAKE THEM AT ALL.

Would all you girls quit your bickering already? Jebus!

This topic should be about news regarding the Spec II and DLC announcements, not wish lists, or "This is what should be in the game. All other ideas are inferior. I am right," posts.

And about the livery editor debate. I have a suggestion. How about scrap the Livery editor name, and call it the Race Mod Editor. Where you can make your own Race Mods to any car, or pick from predetermined Race Mods that are already in the game.

So instead of just Race Modding a car and having everyone's look the same, we could choose to create our own race mod to any car, choosing from different body kits, decals, paint schemes, rims, wings, etc, that actually fit on whatever car we decide to Race Mod. That way nobody would be able to put obscenities or "boobs and butts" on the cars, but we would still have the level of customization people are clamoring for, you know?

I was thinking, it could be like a step by step process to create your own Race Mod on the cars. Like Step One is choose a body kit, including front bumper, side skirt, and rear bumper, kind of like how we can do it now with the premium cars. Then Step Two is rims and tires. Step Three, Paint editor, where we could choose from different paint schemes, such as racing stripes, or two-tone, or what have you, and then apply decals and numbers. Let us only be able to create realistic liveries, you know?

So instead of having the plain old standard livery editor that's in many other racing games out now, Gran Turismo could retain its "Class," if you will, and have something different. The Race Mod Editor.

Now see, you all have gone 'n got me starting to create my own wishlist... :drool::drool::drool:

Oh and about the saving during Endurance races. How many of you naysayers have actually done the 24 hour races straight through without a break at all? Be honest here. Seriously. Wouldn't you rather be able to save and turn off the PS3, rather than pause the game and risk the YLOD, or fire(however unlikely), or the dreaded power outage??

All I'm saying is instead of filling this topic with wishlists and all other nonsense, which there are already tons of thread and topics, why not just keep this topic about actual NEWS, INFO, and FACTS about the Spec II and DLC announcements. Leave your wishlists and other useless nonsense for separate threads, and save many of us from :banghead:...

Last edited:
Would all you girls quit your bickering already? Jebus!

This topic should be about news regarding the Spec II and DLC announcements, not wish lists, or "This is what should be in the game. All other ideas are inferior. I am right," posts.

And about the livery editor debate. I have a suggestion. How about scrap the Livery editor name, and call it the Race Mod Editor. Where you can make your own Race Mods to any car, or pick from predetermined Race Mods that are already in the game.

So instead of just Race Modding a car and having everyone's look the same, we could choose to create our own race mod to any car, choosing from different body kits, decals, paint schemes, rims, wings, etc, that actually fit on whatever car we decide to Race Mod. That way nobody would be able to put obscenities or "boobs and butts" on the cars, but we would still have the level of customization people are clamoring for, you know?

I was thinking, it could be like a step by step process to create your own Race Mod on the cars. Like Step One is choose a body kit, including front bumper, side skirt, and rear bumper, kind of like how we can do it now with the premium cars. Then Step Two is rims and tires. Step Three, Paint editor, where we could choose from different paint schemes, such as racing stripes, or two-tone, or what have you, and then apply decals and numbers. Let us only be able to create realistic liveries, you know?

So instead of having the plain old standard livery editor that's in many other racing games out now, Gran Turismo could retain its "Class," if you will, and have something different. The Race Mod Editor.

Now see, you all have gone 'n got me starting to create my own wishlist... :drool::drool::drool:

Oh and about the saving during Endurance races. How many of you naysayers have actually done the 24 hour races straight through without a break at all? Be honest here. Seriously. Wouldn't you rather be able to save and turn off the PS3, rather than pause the game and risk the YLOD, or fire(however unlikely), or the dreaded power outage??

All I'm saying is instead of filling this topic with wishlists and all other nonsense, which there are already tons of thread and topics, why not just keep this topic about actual NEWS, INFO, and FACTS about the Spec II and DLC announcements. Leave your wishlists and other useless nonsense for separate threads, and save many of us from :banghead:...

I still like the designs. People came up with some amazing pieces with F3. You got race mods and livery.

Put it like this:
You choose if you want race mods, or cosmetic.

When you go into a server, the host can choose one of the following:

Restrict All Designs

No Race Mods

Race Mods Only

Or just simply dont check any of them.

lol. So much dramatization going on in here. And come october, things will only get worse.

I know right? Just watch, when this comes out, its gonna give us good stuff (standard to premium, tracks, etc.) and people will probably still complain about something! :banghead:

Sorry if my last post came off as rude or obnoxious, but after sitting and going through all 41 pages, hoping to maybe find a new piece of actual info or news on this announcement, only to find it has turned into another wishlist nonsense thread, I got a little fed up...

Try this thread for all your wishlists/hopes/I want this in the game posts:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224838

But seriously though, why don't we try to not clutter this topic up with, "This is what I want/expect in the update," posts, and try to leave it to actual info, news, and perhaps some informed speculation on the upcoming update? Maybe try to dig around google or something for more information if there's any out there?

Last edited:
Sorry if my last post came off as rude or obnoxious, but after sitting and going through all 41 pages, hoping to maybe find a new piece of actual info or news on this announcement, only to find it has turned into another wishlist nonsense thread, I got a little fed up...

But seriously though, why don't we try to not clutter this topic up with, "This is what I want/expect in the update," posts, and try to leave it to actual info, news, and perhaps some informed speculation on the upcoming update? Maybe try to dig around google or something for more information if there's any out there?

👍 Sounds like a brilliant idea.

Try this thread for all your wishlists/hopes/I want this in the game posts:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=224838

Thats what I said two pages ago but I guess thats what you get when you have a bunch of kids posting in here. I did a google search and found nothing new yet.

We don't have much to discuss but suggestions and wishes. Besides, you guys are forgetting that there's a little tab at the top of the board called "News." And it seems like everyone forgot about their fave search engines, one of which has become a term for searching the intranets. ;)

As for people complaining after Spec II comes out, when have a few people here ever stopped complaining?

I believe that the Patch will tweak the games mechanics alot. Some new features and improvements of the game itself. Any added cars or cuircuits will be DLC. I don't think the SpecII will include any new cars or curcuits as it did with GT5P.

Let's all just wait and see. We are almost a year further and I am still playing this game almost everyday. I still love is to bits. Any new features or content will be applauded by me.

I believe that the Patch will tweak the games mechanics alot. Some new features and improvements of the game itself. Any added cars or cuircuits will be DLC. I don't think the SpecII will include any new cars or curcuits as it did with GT5P.

Let's all just wait and see. We are almost a year further and I am still playing this game almost everyday. I still love is to bits. Any new features or content will be applauded by me.

You and I both. Even with the A-Spec "light" in GT5, there are plenty of cars to try out for, you know, the joy of it.

Back