Wallbanger's Cafe & Outlaw Motorsports Garage (New Tunes 6/15/12)

I hate the Dome Zero.:mad:

Using the Galant GTO MR '70, if and I stress if I run a perfect race on CSR5 I might beat it using Sports Mediums. Just finished a near perfect race and placed 2nd by 0:.00.070 seconds or half the length of the Dome as I was trying to pass as we crossed the start finish line.:grumpy:
We were something like 40 seconds ahead of third place.:crazy:

Of course better drivers than me could probably win on Sports Hards here but still ticks me off to be that close when pushing so hard and leaving the rest of the field better than half the track behind.

Oh well I'll publish the tune in about twenty-twenty five minutes as its good. Then I'm digging out my own secret Nissan classic Supercar killer and see how it fairs getting cut back to 400PP. You might get to see it posted today as well...

I had a quick go with the '71 Nissan, but I need to try again I think. It was a bit schizophrenic. Oversteer turns into understeer without any warning. That's actually the first time I have been dumped on my head at the last corner of Trial Mountain. It seems a little twitchy too. A bit like my S2K for the roadster battle. Need to be very gentle with steering corrections, especially on straights.
Thanks for giving it a quick run. I took the car offline and retuned it. I tried to address the issues mentioned but not sure I corrected them all, though it does drive much better for me now. I also put it back on share for testing

@XD I too hate that stupid R2D2 looking Dome Zero:yuck:

Thanks for giving it a quick run. I took the car offline and retuned it. I tried to address the issues mentioned but not sure I corrected them all, though it does drive much better for me now. I also put it back on share for testing

No problems mate. I'll see what I can do about giving the update a run tonight.

Ahhhhh...right. After a lovely sleep (first time in two weeks I slept for more than 5 hours), it's time I got working on post my cars..

The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Nissan Bluebird 1800S

Ah, this is the typical naming scheme for tuned cars, isn't it? Lop off whatever is at the end of a car's name and put an 'S' on it to make it seem sporty, right? Nope, because the removal of the two 'S'es is actually beneficial to the car, as I shall explain later on.

But anyways, say hi to an old friend of mine. This Bluebird has been loyally serving me since the early days of the PSN outage. Originally bought for just 6,500 cr to compete in a cheap car challenge, this high mileage and slightly battered friend was given a new lease of life with the announcement of the new seasonals.

To make sure it's up to the job, power has been bumped up a bit, 200-ish kilograms was thrown out (plus around 2kg from knocking the 2 'S'es from its name) so now, it'll keep up with that pesky Dome Zero with ease on tracks like Trial Mountain.

Source and Parts list:
Base Car: Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SSS (910) '79
Buy from: UCD

Paintjob: Active Red from Nismo
Wheels: --
Aerodynamic Kit: --

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
Carbon Hood: --
Chassis reinforcement: Yes

ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Sport
Air Filter: Racing
Exhaust Manifold: Sport
Catalytic Converter: Sport
Exhaust: Sport
Turbo Kit: --

Transmission: F/C (fully customisable)

Clutch: Double Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Adjustable

Suspension: F/C (fully customisable)

Tires: Sport Hard

The Tune
Aerodynamics: --
Ballast: --
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission -
process as follows;
1)Set to default
2)Set gears as follows;
1st=3.280
2nd=2.350
3rd=1.800
4th=1.400
5th=1.100
3)Set Final gear to 3.220
Should display an indicated top speed of 145 mph in upper right corner.

LSD:
Initial: 5
Acceleration: 20
Braking: 5

Suspension
Camber Angle: 0.5/0.0
Toe Angle: -0.20/0.05

Ride Height: -30/-30
Spring Rate: 8.0/9.0
Dampers (Extension): 6/5
Dampers (Compression): 6/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/3
Brakes: 5/6

The car has 403PP, weighs 893Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 169HP and produces 160 ft-lb torque@4300 rpm with a 7100 rpm redline.

Note: Short shifting isn't a bad idea if it understeers out of corners and don't put too high a grade of tyres on it, it'll get boring to drive very quickly.

Oooohhhhh. Brilliant. The 'world's first four cylinder limousine' just got pimped. A friend of mine used to have one of these. We called it the Rolls, because that's usually how it had to be started :lol:.

I'll see if I have one to give it a bit of a thrash.

It's a limousine?! I thought it was an old HK taxi! :lol: and I'll give your car a thras too, as well as fight fire with fire by tuning....*drumroll*.....a Dome Zero!
Just be warned when testing, FRs are not my forte.

It's a limousine?! I thought it was an old HK taxi! :lol: and I'll give your car a thras too, as well as fight fire with fire by tuning....*drumroll*.....a Dome Zero!

Yeah. That's the tagline Nissan (Datsun actually) used to market them here. You know, really comfortable and economical in one car..........cough,bullspit, cough.

Onboy123

THANK YOU

I need to go re-release something...

Yeah. That's the tagline Nissan (Datsun actually) used to market them here. You know, really comfortable and economical in one car..........cough,bullspit, cough.

Oh...well, now it's been turned into a mini 2000GT-R! I'm calling my next version of this the 1800GT-R, following the naming scheme of the 2000GT-R you tuned.

THANK YOU

I need to go re-release something...
YOU'RE WELCOME

I know what it is, the first car I reviewed for you back in the days of "Dragon's workshop" or whatever it was called. It's that Dome Zero with the ruddy huge wing, right?

Nice work with the Bluebird Onboy. That's a lot of fun! Transmission is great, keeping the car in the usable power band easily. Brakes only need a slight tap to slow the car enough to turn. I didn't find much under or oversteer. the only thing is that it's not as quick through corners as I'd like. I thought I'd experiment, and changed nothing but the camber. Front to 1.8 and rear to 1.3, and I found an extra 1.2xx at Trial Mountain with no effort at all.

Nice work with the Bluebird Onboy. That's a lot of fun! Transmission is great, keeping the car in the usable power band easily. Brakes only need a slight tap to slow the car enough to turn. I didn't find much under or oversteer. the only thing is that it's not as quick through corners as I'd like. I thought I'd experiment, and changed nothing but the camber. Front to 1.8 and rear to 1.3, and I found an extra 1.2xx at Trial Mountain with no effort at all.

Thanks for the test, though I still don't get how the brakes work for you yet disappoint me slightly…must be used to the brakes on the LMPs I was reviewing earlier this week. :lol: As for the camber…I'm not too sure myself why I didn't set any more for it…I'll give it a little more to see what that does for it. 👍

💡 It could be because I brake with my left foot, not my right thumb.

Hmm……yea…that could be it. Now, assuming I can get the frickin' TV back, I'll be running your car and tellinig you what it's like.

It's shared if you want it that way.
Thanks. I've tried it now, only one race because bed time is approaching fast, but I have to say that your car is…well, simply put, it makes my car look a bit boring, to be honest. The turn-in is good, very responsive and quick. The handling captures the GTR spirit, utterly fool proof handling but still fun. It sticks to the track very well, gripping enough to let you hunt down every second you can get out of the lap and it will never let you screw up. It is a bit loose for my liking, only a bit, but it's probably because of the DS3 and my leaden thumbs. I think the only thing I'd do is soften the back a bit, it seems to be causing the car to try and snap into oversteer on some banked corners, but bear in mind, I've yet to try this change and only have had 5 laps in the car.

Very cool. Thanks mate. Let me know if the softer rear springs works for you.

Last edited:
The Outlaw Motorsports Garage tunes
Toyota, Celica GT-F "Raspberry Rascal"

Just for fun, here's a not quite maxed Silly-car.
toscanatarmac1.jpg

toscanatarmac8q.jpg

Source and Parts list:
Based on: Toyota Celica 1600GT (TA22) '70
Buy from: UCD
Paintjob: Raspberry Red Pearl
Wheels: Stock
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Window Weight Reduction: Yes
ECU Tuning: Yes
Engine Tuning: Stage 3
Intake Manifold: Yes
Air Filter: Racing Air Filter
Exhaust Manifold: Yes
Catalytic Converter: Yes
Exhaust: Titanium Racing Exhaust
Transmission: Fully Customisable Transmission
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
LSD: Fully Customisable LSD
Suspension: Fully Customisable Kit
Tires: SS

The Tune
Aerodynamics: ~
Ballast: 0kg
Power Limiter: 100%

Transmission - process as follows;
1) Set to default
2) Set max speed to 280 km/h
3)Set gears as follows;
1st=2.450,
2nd=1.631,
3rd=1.211,
4th=0.958,
5th=0.792
4)Set Final gear to 4.641
Should display an indicated top speed of 241 km/h in upper right corner.
LSD Initial 5, Acceleration 22, Braking 10

Suspension
Camber Angle Front 2.2, Rear 1.4
Toe Angle Front 0.03, Rear -0.03
Ride Height Front -15, Rear -15
Spring Rate Front 7.6, Rear 6.3
Dampers (Extension) Front 7, Rear 6
Dampers (Compression) Front 3, Rear 2
Anti-Roll Bars Front 2, Rear 3
Brakes Front 2, Rear 4

The car has 417 PP,weighs 836 Kg with a 60/40 front/rear weight distribution, has 175 BHP@7400rpm and produces 19kgfm torque@5900rpm with a 8400rpm redline.

Notes:
This is built on a car that is not quite broken in (256km), and has not had an oil change. If your's is broken in, or has had it's oil changed, more power to you. :sly:

This car was designed to beat the Dome Zero at Tsukuba with little effort. Taking it to other tracks in the Japanese Classics seasonal will result in a rather overkill-like victory. :mischievous:

Oh, and the F stands for ******g Fast.

Very cool. Thanks mate. Let me know if the softer rear springs works for you.

Hmm…small tests seems to say that the snap oversteer isn't related to the car's stiffness. I'm just going to guess that it's the car itself for now. :D

I may have learnt something this afternoon while fighting that cillycar. Try taking a couple of points off the front toe (towards 0) and let me know if that works for you.

Ok, I've burnt out my time on the PS3 today, so I can't test out the 2000GT-R…but I did put two cars on share for you to be killed in test. One is the Bluebird '1800GT-R' and the other is something that should be familar to ol' Wallbanger.

I love the colour Onboy, but did you had to bolt that picnic table to the back of it? :yuck:

Great job on the handling. It still has that feeling that if you stop paying attention for a second (like when my dog walked in front of the TV) you'll be sideways. Guide it true though and I found speed through some corners that I didn't know was there. 👍

I love the colour Onboy, but did you had to bolt that picnic table to the back of it? :yuck:

Great job on the handling. It still has that feeling that if you stop paying attention for a second (like when my dog walked in front of the TV) you'll be sideways. Guide it true though and I found speed through some corners that I didn't know was there. 👍

Trust me, I'd rather be shot than ruin its lines with that picnic table, but it was a necessity if it was to be at all controllable for more than 3 laps. If you've driven Desperado's "GoldStrike" 110A, you'd know what I'm on about. Glad it worked out for you anyway, it means I've done something right. :lol:

Trust me, I'd rather be shot than ruin its lines with that picnic table, but it was a necessity if it was to be at all controllable for more than 3 laps. If you've driven Desperado's "GoldStrike" 110A, you'd know what I'm on about. Glad it worked out for you anyway, it means I've done something right. :lol:
You never mentioned that "Goldstrike" has tire wear issues before Onboy. I'll have to look at the tune again, but I never had issues using it in the seasonal races...:odd:

You never mentioned that "Goldstrike" has tire wear issues before Onboy. I'll have to look at the tune again, but I never had issues using it in the seasonal races...:odd:

Not tyre wear issues as such, more consistency issues. After 3 laps, it got a bit wild. Sometimes, it was after 3 corners. :lol:

Had a chance to try Tris's two newest entries. You nailed the settings on both of them for me. Fun easy to drive and I could put the cars wherever I needed to on the track. I need to send you my 240z to see if you can work some of that magic on it. :lol: Great job.

ACSR421
Had a chance to try Tris's two newest entries. You nailed the settings on both of them for me. Fun easy to drive and I could put the cars wherever I needed to on the track. I need to send you my 240z to see if you can work some of that magic on it. :lol: Great job.

Thanks mate. Nice to know in getting the hang of this tuning lark.

If only I wasn't caught up in the first controversy in a fitt sponsored event :grumpy:

Thanks mate. Nice to know in getting the hang of this tuning lark.

If only I wasn't caught up in the first controversy in a fitt sponsored event :grumpy:
I think I am as well. After many, many reviews, I can finally put what little I've learnt into practice.

Hmmm?? You are? Which one? The S2k's lap that Detoxifcation did?

Latest Posts

Back