Camber 3.5/2.5
Toe -0.10/0.10
LSD 10/9/7
Brake 5/7
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87
295hp, 890kg, 490PP
One of my favorite cars in GT4 and GT5 because my first SCCA race car was a 1986 Honda Civic Si. Just wish I could paint this car obnoxious green like all of my race cars.

Installed Parts
Enging Tuning Stage 3
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Suspension fully customizable
Racing Hard Tires

Online Tune
RH -10/-15
Springs 6.5/12.0
Dampers ext 3/9
Dampers comp 2/7
ARB 2/6
Camber 2.5/2.0
Toe -0.20/0.00
LSD 10/20/10
Downforce 12/20
Brake 5/7
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Hey MCH, if you have the chance, will you try to get a cure to this:
Pescarolo Hybride C60 judd Car '05

I tried to give it some grip but ended with some strange voodoo tuning, and i'm still not happy, with corner exit expecially

TNX

Hey MCH, if you have the chance, will you try to get a cure to this:
Pescarolo Hybride C60 judd Car '05

I tried to give it some grip but ended with some strange voodoo tuning, and i'm still not happy, with corner exit expecially

TNX

Sure. I'll try to make time this weekend. I loved that car in GT4. Have tuned and driven it a little in GT5.

Powerdrome - for you.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
1047hp, 900kg, 731PP

Began tuning on Racing Hard to find the bad habits in this car, then switched to Racing Soft for fine tuning. Maxed out this tune and added the high RPM turbo, so if getting lots of wheel spin (both tires) off corners use one higher gear than the gear indicator is flashing or add TCS 1.

Great front/rear balance from this car. Able to get away with lower LSD accel and decel numbers than on other LMP cars. The car bottoms out like crazy and even maxing out ride height doesn’t stop it. I raised spring rates to compensate. This car also liked camber, for some reason. Might be able to even get away with a little more?

Thank you for requesting this tune. I have now reconnected with one of my favorite cars from GT4. I really like this car.

Try out the tune then let me know of any issues with the tune matching your driving style. I can make recommendations for fine tuning.

Enjoy.

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH 0/-20
Springs 14.5/16.5
Dampers ext 7/9
Dampers comp 6/8
ARB 5/5
Camber 3.0/3.0
Toe -0.15/0.20
LSD 25/17/5
Downforce 60/85
Brake 5/5
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Powerdrome - for you.

Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
1047hp, 900kg, 731PP

Began tuning on Racing Hard to find the bad habits in this car, then switched to Racing Soft for fine tuning. Maxed out this tune and added the high RPM turbo, so if getting lots of wheel spin (both tires) off corners use one higher gear than the gear indicator is flashing or add TCS 1.

Great front/rear balance from this car. Able to get away with lower LSD accel and decel numbers than on other LMP cars. The car bottoms out like crazy and even maxing out ride height doesn’t stop it. I raised spring rates to compensate. This car also liked camber, for some reason. Might be able to even get away with a little more?

Thank you for requesting this tune. I have now reconnected with one of my favorite cars from GT4. I really like this car.

Try out the tune then let me know of any issues with the tune matching your driving style. I can make recommendations for fine tuning.

Enjoy.

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
High RPM Turbo
Fully customizable trans
LSD
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH 0/-20
Springs 14.5/16.5
Dampers ext 7/9
Dampers comp 6/8
ARB 5/5
Camber 3.0/3.0
Toe -0.15/0.20
LSD 25/17/5
Downforce 60/85
Brake 5/5
Balast 0
Power Level 100%

Hey MCH, thanks and I can say that it matches pretty much my driving style.
I tested the tune on Suzuka and Nurburgring 24h.

On Suzuka the setting is quite different from my last:
as i needed more ability to turn (less understeer) in order to be fast in the s- section.
But honestly on this track and this car I have to be very carefull on the gas.

On Nurb I wanted a more safe setup, thus softening the rear spring and dampers (2/5)
because I wanted to finally complete the last race remaining in my carrier: 24h Nurb.

I want to do it on racing hard, and no aid (ABS:1). I started yesterday with 1h,30m race, where i end lapping 7',40 the first 2 laps and 8',10" the third; where I have to stop and change tyres.

Still it is a very nervous (powerful car of course) and very easy to spin.

Keep your good work!

Still it is a very nervous (powerful car of course) and very easy to spin.

Keep your good work!

You can calm it down a little with a little higher LSD initial torque and one lower rear swaybar.

If you are using a DS3 controller, don't be affraid to run TCS1 on these powerful cars for those endurance races. It's not a crime to use TCS1 sometimes.

You can calm it down a little with a little higher LSD initial torque and one lower rear swaybar.

If you are using a DS3 controller, don't be affraid to run TCS1 on these powerful cars for those endurance races. It's not a crime to use TCS1 sometimes.

Nice suggestions, MCH! Thanks.

No I'm on a G27, and racing vs AI is boring unless you get some handicap, but you surely know it...
As soon as I end the Nurb24h, let me know if I can share some of my tunes with you.

Bye

Anytime. Happy to help you adjust your tunes. Send the tune and how it behaves in the four corner segments I have mentioned. What does it do well and what are its bad habits.

1.turn-in
2.mid corner
3.exit
4.???

The second difference is the steering itself. Each has a flaw. With the DS3, the lock to lock throw is short. I have added controller extenders that really help be smooth, but it feels like the game has programmed shorter car wheel movement with the DS3? With the G27, the force feedback has a programming error in the return to center for the wheel. Why is there FFB when mid corner trying to return the wheel to center. The force was on the outside wheels, why when I turn back does the wheel switch the FFB to the other side? My real race car would still have force on the outside tires as am unwinding the wheel from mid corner off. The G27 works correctly (more like real world) in iRacing so I think it's PDs programming. What this changes in tuning is that I have to jerk the wheel back to center on corner exit as the game is trying to keep me from moving the wheel back to center. An agressive LSD tune that is set up to be more open mid corner will be fantastic on a DS3 and will break the car loose on the G27. It's all about having to have really quick hands on exit or adjusting the Initial Torque higher (and sometimes Accel) to make the LSD lock earlier and avoid spinning tires on exit.

I wish the G27 was more adjustable in GT5. I'm thinking of adding resisters on a switch to the FFB motors. When I play GT5 the FFB can be really light and when I play iRacing it can be normal.

!!UPUP!!

This is a very clever and precise analysis, look what i was saying some months ago... the same about the G27 center-zone;
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4966810#post4966810

It feels weird, but i think it kinds simulates how IRL we have to anticipate to unwind of the wheel when, in corner exit, you start to give throttle, like a countersteer in advance...
... poor drivers are still cornering...
... good drivers have the wheel to center and flat on the gas

1. Under braking - straight and tru, loose, any red tires?
2. Turn-in down to apex.
3. Mid corner, does it hug the apex or drift out or get loose?
4. From throttle application through exit or track out. Loose, push?

As for the G27, as I exit a corner in my real world race car, if I'm turning right and beginning to unwind the wheel as I'm laying down throttle, the wheel is still pushing back left against my hands in decreasing force all the way through unwind to straight. In GT5, it's not programmed this way. As soon as you start to unwind the wheel, the FFB changes sides. It's the only thing I don't like about the G27 and GT5.

As for the G27, as I exit a corner in my real world race car, if I'm turning right and beginning to unwind the wheel as I'm laying down throttle, the wheel is still pushing back left against my hands in decreasing force all the way through unwind to straight. In GT5, it's not programmed this way. As soon as you start to unwind the wheel, the FFB changes sides. It's the only thing I don't like about the G27 and GT5.

this happens if the rear is losing grip, like when you are oversteering, so you fell the FFB countersteering...

but when you are exiting a corner in slight understeer, it seems to me, that the G27 is working ok until it arrives at the center, and there arrive the problem

expecially with spec 2.0 I feel a better sensation with the G27

Last edited:
That’s it. I can improve a car with my standard 10, 25, 15 setting and can fine tune a car in 15 min, two laps at a time. Getting the LSD right will make the other suspension adjustments all work as the game says they should work. Below are my suspension setting starting points by vehicle type. There is really no need for me to explain fine tuning of the suspension because 20 or so other tuners have done a great job explaining how these should work. I hope this was helpful.

FF Cars
Initial Torque 8
Acceleration 15
Braking 12
Ride Height: front -10, rear -10
Springs: front 8, rear 12
Damper extend: front 4, rear 6 (relative to the spring rate)
Damper compress: front 2, rear 5 (relative to the spring rate)
Anti-roll Bars: front 3, rear 5
Camber: front 2.5, rear 2.0
Toe: front -0.25, rear -0.25

FR Cars
Initial Torque 10
Acceleration 25
Braking 15
Springs: front 12.5, rear 10
Damper extend: front 7, rear 5 (relative to the spring rate)
Damper compress: front 5, rear 4 (relative to the spring rate)
Anti-roll Bars: front 5, rear 3
Toe: front -0.25, rear +0.20

MR Cars
Initial Torque 10
Acceleration 25
Braking 15
Springs: front 12.5, rear 12
Damper extend: front 7, rear 6 (relative to the spring rate)
Damper compress: front 5, rear 5 (relative to the spring rate)
Anti-roll Bars: front 5, rear 4

4wd Cars
Electronic sensing center diff 30 front and 70 rear
Initial Torque 10 both front and rear
Acceleration 25 both front and rear
Braking 15 both front and rear
Springs: front 12.5, rear 12.5
Damper extend: front 7, rear 6 (relative to the spring rate)
Damper compress: front 5, rear 5 (relative to the spring rate)
Anti-roll Bars: front 5, rear 4

Hi MCH, i noticed that in that post quoted, the starting setups, expecially for LSD of all type of train, and spring bias F/R for the MR
are different from the settings in this OP.
Which one do you suggest to follow better? Did you fine tuned it or are they meant for different purposes?

Thanks

Hi MCH, i noticed that in that post quoted, the starting setups, expecially for LSD of all type of train, and spring bias F/R for the MR
are different from the settings in this OP.
Which one do you suggest to follow better? Did you fine tuned it or are they meant for different purposes?

Thanks

Is the above from my old thread that I started in January? The games physics engine has changed a bit over that time as well as my experience with the number of tunes. The basic tunes that I have posted here is where I start with a car now.

I just bought the f1 2010 and am having a blast wrestling it around the track. It is really sensitive to tuning setups and was wondering if you had any experience with it.

I don't own the F1 yet. Having too much fun with other cars so far. I would guess highish LSD settings like what I have done on my FGT tune.

I don't own the F1 yet. Having too much fun with other cars so far. I would guess highish LSD settings like what I have done on my FGT tune.
:P yet. Yea thats what i thought but this thing is a blast and tuning it probably is just as fun. You can really feel every tiny adjustment you make. its 10million i should have used a long time ago. Hope you get your hands on one soon to see what you can do with it.

Love your thread. How you been working on any of the DLC Touring Cars?

Bought the DLC, but have only driven one car. I am entered in the Flying Miata Championship Series here on GTP and we're using the Miata TC. But tuning is prohibited in that series, so haven't worked on any of the other DLC cars yet. Probably get to those in December.

Hey Motor City Hami:

Thank you for your good and hard work - I'm a little late to the party, but for me, your simplified basic setups (LSD and suspension settings) have done exactly what you had originally set out to do - takes me about a minute to apply your settings then I'm off to the track!👍 Good stuff:)

I have a stupid question though: I prefer to leave the drive train (except for LSD) stock or close to it. Also, I tend to stay away from weight reduction - some sort of stock purism fetish, I guess??

Question is, in cases where, in your posted tunes, where you have appplied say a stage III weight reduction, should I take your corresponding spring rates and modify them by the percentage of my stock weight that was not removed? That's poorly worded:dunce:

If your car weighs 5% less than mine, should your recommended spring rates be 5% stiffer on mine? Just wondering?

Again, thanks for your effort.

Hey Motor City Hami:

If your car weighs 5% less than mine, should your recommended spring rates be 5% stiffer on mine? Just wondering?

Again, thanks for your effort.

I wouldn't change anything in the tune. GT5 seems to reduce weight the same on all four tires. It'll affect acceleration more than anything else.

I wouldn't change anything in the tune. GT5 seems to reduce weight the same on all four tires. It'll affect acceleration more than anything else.

OK, thanks. When I get a little time, I may do some testing just for kicks' (not that I'm disagreeing with you).

I'll take your Evora tune (with stage III weight reduction) and apply the spring rates on my full-weight Evora and see if the handling or lap times changes any by then increasing the recommended spring rates.

Thanks again.

Back