Motor City Tunes

Motor I was sent here to learn the basics of tuning because everyone I have asked for help from said your the guy to ask. So here I am humble before your knowledge. Lol. So lately I have been really wanting to learn this tuning thing. Not cause I want to win races although that would help too, but because I have the nack to learn these things. I am the non-tuner class person and I want that to change. I really want to learn how to track tune because it interests me more than I ever thought. I want to learn and understand these things and I will do whatever you ask of me to do to learn. Time Trials, races without the TC or SRF( although that would be a disaster but I will try and learn that as well.) I am just here to better myself. So please help? Thank you very much for the time! 👍

Motor I was sent here to learn the basics of tuning because everyone I have asked for help from said your the guy to ask. So here I am humble before your knowledge. Lol. So lately I have been really wanting to learn this tuning thing. Not cause I want to win races although that would help too, but because I have the nack to learn these things. I am the non-tuner class person and I want that to change. I really want to learn how to track tune because it interests me more than I ever thought. I want to learn and understand these things and I will do whatever you ask of me to do to learn. Time Trials, races without the TC or SRF( although that would be a disaster but I will try and learn that as well.) I am just here to better myself. So please help? Thank you very much for the time! 👍

Sure. I am always willing to try to help. I think you need to pick the car, event, etc. What events are you currently trying? Next I will need to know what car and what tune you are using. Lastly, You will need to tell me how the car handles (loose or understeer) for you in a few areas; under braking and turn in, around the center of the corner, the apex and on throttle through corner exit. With that knowledge, I can better understand your driving style vs. mine.

I am currently planning a tuning competition using FR cars at 525PP on Sport Softs. Cars like BMW, Aston Martin, Corvette, Camaro, Alfa Romeo, Mazerati, Challenger, Ferrari 599 and California, Holden, Pontiac, Lexus, Infinity, Jaguar, Mercedes, Viper and Mustang. This is what I will be playing with over the next month or so.

I just started the Expert and Extreme Series yesterday. I have noticed that my skill here is a lot weaker than in the other races. Then again it is the harder stuff. I have been using the RX-7 LM you get from the UCD. My main problem in driving are my cornering and braking. Its either too soon or too late for me. Plus the car slides the rear end on the exit on every car I use. I am not the best at racing although I enjoy the relaxation it brings as well as the challenges.

RaceReady
I just started the Expert and Extreme Series yesterday. I have noticed that my skill here is a lot weaker than in the other races. Then again it is the harder stuff. I have been using the RX-7 LM you get from the UCD. My main problem in driving are my cornering and braking. Its either too soon or too late for me. Plus the car slides the rear end on the exit on every car I use. I am not the best at racing although I enjoy the relaxation it brings as well as the challenges.

Why not use the driving line or gear warning when it flashes? That will help you learn how to brake.

Last edited:
Formula Gran Turismo
936hp, 550kg, 902PP
DS3, FPS Freek stick extenders, ABS 1, TCS 1, all other aids off.

This car was built for the A-Spec Formula Gran Turismo Championship.
This tune made this car one of the most driveable cars around. Now the only issues are reflexes and mental track mapping. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, thanks for making all of this. I just screwed up an fr-s yesterday (i wanted to make it more powerful but still fun to drive) and this is just what I needed :)

Great job on the GTP member of the week my friend. Always great to get to know the people that I look up to in tuning. You are a help to all, and you deserve the honor. GREAT JOB!!!!!!:dopey:

hey motor, i have never really emraced the tuning in gt5, as i think a lot of it is overrated and most of the rase cars come setup fine, with minimum tuning required,
but im going to embrace this as i feel with gt6 upon us soon i need to brush up in the hope it improves in gt6, i like you find a lot of changes just dont bring the time differences i would expect, but im going to try out some of your advice over the weekend, i will keep you posted , good work so far, thankyou

hey motor, i have never really emraced the tuning in gt5, as i think a lot of it is overrated and most of the rase cars come setup fine, with minimum tuning required,
but im going to embrace this as i feel with gt6 upon us soon i need to brush up in the hope it improves in gt6, i like you find a lot of changes just dont bring the time differences i would expect, but im going to try out some of your advice over the weekend, i will keep you posted , good work so far, thankyou

Welcome to tuning. I can tell you that I have improved EVERY car that I have tuned over its stock configuration. My lap times are always faster with a tuned ride. Good luck in your testing and let me know how I can help.

Hint: Start by learning to tune the Limited Slip Differential.

Last edited:
Updated Dirty NASCAR Tune
2011 NASCAR - Daytona Super Speedway Tune

892hp, 1565kg, 635PP
G27, Nixim Brake Mod, ABS 1, all other aids off.

8397506852_4d332178d9_c.jpg

GT Auto
Oil change after 200 mile break in

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH +15/+15
Springs 19.0/18.5
Dampers ext 9/9
Dampers comp 7/8
ARB 7/6
Camber 3.0/2.0
Toe -0.01/0.05
LSD 12/15/7
Brake 0/0
Front Aero 20
Rear Aero 45
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 100.0%
Final gear to 3.600
Top gear to 149mph/240kph
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.390
3rd gear 1.870
4th gear 1.500
Final gear 2.000
Top gear 149mph/240kph
Top Speed 254 mph

Last edited:
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 from new car dealership
406hp, 1415kg, 500PP
G27, Nixim Brake Mod, ABS 1, all other aids off.

8280365218_04dbc410ee_c.jpg

This tune was built for the 500PP Muscle Car Seasonal event.

GT Auto
Oil Change
Only 185 miles of engine break in
Forest Green Metallic paint

Installed Parts
ECU Tuning
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Clutch: Twin Plate
Flywheel: Semi Racing
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Suspension Fully Customizable
Sports Medium Tires

2.12 Seasonal Tune
RH -15/-10
Springs 12.0/9.0
Dampers ext 9/6
Dampers comp 5/4
ARB 3/4
Camber 2.5/1.0
Toe -0.10/0.05
LSD 10/17/7
Brake 6/5
Balast 0
Ballast Position -0
Weight Distribution 55/45
Power Limiter 99.7%

Set Final Drive to 5.500
Set Top Speed to 112
Then set individual settings
1st gear 2.600
2nd gear 1.835
3rd gear 1.425
4th gear 1.165
5th gear 0.990
Final gear 3.500 to 4.500 depending upon the track
Top Speed 180km/112mph

Hey Hami, just stopping by to say thanks for your help here in GT5 in teaching me how to tune. You have been a big help in teaching me the tuning ways of GT5 and it is been a pleasure learning from you. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. See you on the 6 my friend.

Mitch

Hey Hami, just stopping by to say thanks for your help here in GT5 in teaching me how to tune. You have been a big help in teaching me the tuning ways of GT5 and it is been a pleasure learning from you. Your help and advice is greatly appreciated. See you on the 6 my friend.

Mitch

Thank you. I cannot wait to get started. I worked really hard over the last few months to improve my driving skills with the G27. I have now passed my abilities with the DS3. I want to test with both since there are many GTers who use one or the other.

See you in GT6

Thank you. I cannot wait to get started. I worked really hard over the last few months to improve my driving skills with the G27. I have now passed my abilities with the DS3. I want to test with both since there are many GTers who use one or the other.

See you in GT6

Great to hear about your improvement. You should really think about joining the WRS in GT6. Your tuning knowledge would be greatly appreciated there plus its a great place to further develop your skill set.

Great to hear about your improvement. You should really think about joining the WRS in GT6. Your tuning knowledge would be greatly appreciated there plus its a great place to further develop your skill set.

You'll have to show me where to get involved with WRS. I heard about it, but never stopped by.

You'll have to show me where to get involved with WRS. I heard about it, but never stopped by.

Cool, great to hear. I'll throw a link your way as soon as they get organized and things set for GT6. Look forward to having you as a member there.

Hello Motor City Hami very helpfull information you have here.

I wish I'll have a race car in my garage some day, to enjoy the nowadays Playstation Racing moments.

I'm using your setups and advices to setup the car to diferente tracks.
And this is the main reason to write to you.

Could you write some tips, of how to setup the cars for different type of circuits?

Some kind of knowledge about using the same car for diferente circuits, and the main(mandatory) adjustments to do... focused in the difference of the tracks and how they will affect the setup you already have done in your car.

Now I'm adjusting a Renault Megane trophy whit Praiano's setup, for Coast D'Azur (Monaco) track.
I will have a race this saturday with this car on this track, and I feel that something is missing...

Thank you

Best regards from Portugal

2011 NASCAR - Daytona Super Speedway Tune
892hp, 1565kg, 570PP
G27, Nixim Brake Mod, ABS 1, all other aids off. What is the RH that is wrong bud

8397506852_4d332178d9_c.jpg

GT Auto
Oil change after 200 mile break in

Installed Parts
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Racing Soft Tires

Online Tune
RH +15/+15
Springs 19.0/19.0
Dampers ext 9/9
Dampers comp 7/9
ARB 7/6
Camber 3.0/1.5
Toe -0.02/0.10
LSD 12/15/7
Brake 0/0
Front Aero 20
Rear Aero 40
Ballast 0
Ballast Position 0
Power Level 100.0%
Final gear to 3.600
Top gear to 149mph/240kph
1st gear 3.300
2nd gear 2.390
3rd gear 1.880
4th gear 1.525
Final gear 2.000
Top gear 149mph/240kph
Top Speed 250 mph

What is the RH that is wrong bud
Hello, I assume this is the reason you made your post above, I had to study to find this because you put it within the quote, thus it appears that @Motor City Hami had stated it in his original post. Next time I would suggest not typing your actual statement within the message you are quoting, it makes it easier to understand.

Now, onto your question, RH in this case is short for Ride Height. Is there something wrong in his post?

I hope this helps.

Latest Posts

Back