3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My status for this week's race is now on the iffy side. :(

I'll be able to let you guys know here in the thread by 6 pm night of the race whether or not I'm going to make it.

Just a heads up, for now.

EDK
My status for this week's race is now on the iffy side. :(

I'll be able to let you guys know here in the thread by 6 pm night of the race whether or not I'm going to make it.

Just a heads up, for now.

I may actually have some hope now of making the NA event... so maybe put me down as tentative with the "Brian Vickers 2010" for just NA and I will give up my spot if we get 16 other drivers (as I still can't commit 100%).

It would be pretty cool to get 16 cars on the track and set a 3D3 record.

Added you back in Tim. 👍

Also set the laps to 35, and broke the Driver Reg listings into 2 groups each.

Hey guys, net still down, supposed to turn on with upgrade today sometime. I can't see what Im signed up for on phone, but I can't make EU race tomorrow, can make NA. Not sure if I even signed up for EU though.:lol: Oh I can see the list :) Everybody in D1 is making EU and I cant. :lol: Just my luck.

Wow, this car has a long 'nose'.
I was scratching Marc's rear bumper long before I thought I would. Even when using bumperview. :scared:

Wow, this car has a long 'nose'.
I was scratching Marc's rear bumper long before I thought I would. Even when using bumperview. :scared:

I can't believe you just posted that.
Every Car you drive has a long nose, especially when you are behind me :lol:

Give the In-car cam a shot. It's really cool with these cars. Plus, you get a resonable amount of side window view which will no doubt come in handy down the front straight.

Hope everything is ok in RL Tim - 'perfect storm' sounds slightly ominous....

Are you guys in a practice room right now? Might join for a spin or two... :sly: Forgot what a tank this kind of car is. Just had a quick run using my tune from the WRS event but with LSD at 7/15/7 and got down to a 1'25.8

Oh and god this thing eats it tyres :crazy: Should be an interesting race...

Hope everything is ok in RL Tim - 'perfect storm' sounds slightly ominous....

Are you guys in a practice room right now? Might join for a spin or two... :sly: Forgot what a tank this kind of car is. Just had a quick run using my tune from the WRS event but with LSD at 7/15/7 and got down to a 1'25.8

Oh and god this thing eats it tyres :crazy: Should be an interesting race...
You're just a tad too late..
That's a great time there. I've never raced you online so should definitely be interesting.:sly:

This efford sounds nice, I'm really into an online experience for 100% clean (ok, accidents do occur) driving experience as my goal in gt5 is not to win a game but to learn to drive better.

So, see you on track! I'll keep checking what's on and I hope I'll have the time to participate.

This efford sounds nice, I'm really into an online experience for 100% clean (ok, accidents do occur) driving experience as my goal in gt5 is not to win a game but to learn to drive better.

So, see you on track! I'll keep checking what's on and I hope I'll have the time to participate.

Great to hear ClassicMini 👍
Just post in the thread if you have any questions and someone will surely have an answer for you.
All of the important details are in the OP, and you can sign up for any of the events just by replying to the thread.

Hope to see you on track soon :sly:

Hey guys, just a heads up - its 50/50 ill make the race tomorrow. I haven't got much GT5
track time these past week or so. I've got a number of exams lined up so im limited to just
supervising the WSGTC threads. I'll see if i can wake up early and get some practice in.

pet.gif

Hey guys, just a heads up - its 50/50 ill make the race tomorrow. I haven't got much GT5 track time these past week or so. I've got a number of exams lined up so im limited to just supervising the WSGTC threads. I'll see if i can wake up early and get some practice in.

pet.gif

How do you manage those WSGTC threads anyway? Holy smokes that must be a lot of work.

It is, but i got a lot of help from the Stewards so it's not that bad. :)

I think the hardest part was creating the OP - took a ton of time, but it's all worth it :D

I'm in the 3D3 Lounge running some laps. Will update post when I'm out. Feel free to join and show me how to drive this boat.

EDIT: I'm out for the night but Dan (dsgerbc) and Al were still on track. Managed a 1'26.725 best lap and had that beat by up to 0.3 in the first sector, but kept giving the gains back in the 2nd and 3rd sectors. I have no idea how to take those slow speed hair pin turns in the infield. Feels like I have to crawl around those corners.

Last edited:
I have no idea how to take those slow speed hair pin turns in the infield. Feels like I have to crawl around those corners.

I don't know if you've seen this already Tim but it might help a bit... my replay video from Week 11:

Last edited:
I'm in the 3D3 Lounge running some laps. Will update post when I'm out. Feel free to join and show me how to drive this boat.

EDIT: I'm out for the night but Dan (dsgerbc) and Al were still on track. Managed a 1'26.725 best lap and had that beat by up to 0.3 in the first sector, but kept giving the gains back in the 2nd and 3rd sectors. I have no idea how to take those slow speed hair pin turns in the infield. Feels like I have to crawl around those corners.

:lol: You do have to crawl through them - ~40 mph - I'd call that a crawl in an 890 HP car :D

Your 1'26.725 is in the top 5 laps that I've seen so far, so it looks like you are doing just fine. 👍
We'll see soon enough.

Want to avoid coming in late, so can someone tell me whether Qualifying or the Race starts at 20:00 GMT? Raced here many times but I still can't my head round it :lol:

Want to avoid coming in late, so can someone tell me whether Qualifying or the Race starts at 20:00 GMT? Raced here many times but I still can't my head round it :lol:

Qualifying, though the room is open earlier for practice.

Checked this morning, and one pitstop takes like 43-44 seconds. WTF?! Gonna try 2 pitstops, I guess.

Going to have to withdraw. Had a call - need to drop someone off at the hospital by 1.00 pm PST so i'll be short on time :(

Goodluck fellas! :cheers:

My tune so far:

Downforce: 50/70

Transmission:
Final 2.200
Max speed: 240 km/h
Max speed in right-top corner: 355 km/h
LSD 7/15/7

Suspension
15/15
20.0/14.0
7/10
10/7
7/4
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

brakes 5/3

Racing Medium tyres

ABS 1

It's not perfect yet. I'll update the tune when any changes has been made to it.
This is the final tune I'll be using.

Last edited:
Last minute setting changes: 4th gear 1.775
- for the 892 bhp and draft ofcourse.

Will be useing AS strong , ABS 3 TCS 1

EDIT: brakes 6/8

MadMax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back