3D3 Racing: WRS-based races moved to new WRS sub-forum!

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 2,120 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if you've seen this already Tim but it might help a bit... my replay video from Week 11:

Thanks Chris... got a few tidbits out of that. Hope I have time to implement them before the race tonight.

Thanks, watching. 25.7, wow!

Dan, you can see those skid marks are a good brake marker for that final right turn in Chris' video above (or at least the final right with the high curbe after the hair pins). Just at the start of those skid marks Chris brakes and that's what I ended up using last night. Now what happens if others drop their own skid marks in the area... that will get confusing so not sure if they are safe to rely on?

Someone ran a 25.7 in quali or the race? i'm anxious for a race report and to see how different pit strategies paid off. Wish I could have run. :drool:

Yeah, Wes ran the 25.7 in quali.
He just flew past everyone in the race. :crazy:

No 4 stoppers, I put in 4 in by mistake in the chat room, but I did 3 too.

Congrats w-g-e, great driving!

Edit: Thanks Marc for hosting another great event!

Last edited:
Forgot to say in the room, Marc, thanks for the hosting 👍

One of the most difficult races I have done lately but oh so fun.

Was expecting a lonely race but saw a lot of traffic,mainly infront of me :sly:

Good to be back :)

Good to have you back Sjaak.

I enjoyed it very much too!
The opposite of what I was thinking about the race two days ago.

Had some good battles. Great race again guys! 👍

What an awesome race!! Wes actually ran a 1'25.3xx running down Chris in the closing laps. Incredible driving! I hope to drive good tonight. Fine tuning it now, and planning on two stops.

One of the most difficult races I have done lately but oh so fun. Was expecting a lonely race but saw a lot of traffic,mainly infront of me :sly:

I enjoyed it very much too! The opposite of what I was thinking about the race two days ago.

What an awesome race!!

There is just something about this track. I *hate* it with a passion in practice. Marc and I call it and Daytona-Road the "puzzle pieces" for obvious reasons: so flat and seemingly lifeless. But it seems to *always* produce an awesome racing event. That's what it's really all about and this afterthought of an infield course just delivers when it counts.

Glad you guys had a great race and now even more PO'd that I missed it.

There is just something about this track. I *hate* it with a passion in practice. Marc and I call it and Daytona-Road the "puzzle pieces" for obvious reasons: so flat and seemingly lifeless. But it seems to *always* produce an awesome racing event. That's what it's really all about and this afterthought of an infield course just delivers when it counts.

Glad you guys had a great race and now even more PO'd that I missed it.

I'm just glad and and grateful I get to watch vicariously; thanks, Speedy!

I've run a fair number of laps on that track, and have come to actually like it. Some tracks do make for great racing, too - Spa and GP/F come to mind, while I find racing on the Nordschleife really, really hard, while it is great for lapping.

Dom had a 600pp road car tuner shootout there (also on race mediums, with the oval thrown in as well). Offline and no tire wear, but the times for the best cars and drivers were a bit under the Car of Tomorrow ;-) (The thing has a 40/40 downforce advantage and a bucket of HP and torque... but remember, the car is heavy :yuck:)

Thanks guys, nice racing.👍

I almost gave up when wheel got to hot and I crashed 2 times. I was 12/13 seconds behind Chris at that time.. Made the gap a bit tinier and at the last pitstop I tried to cool down the wheel by blowing on it.:lol:
I thought to myself that I'll just give everything and try to make a big of a gap as possible, would the wheel fail again. That didn't happen by my surprise and I 'drifted' my way to the finish.:dopey:
I have to say that Chris was unlucky with his set-up and my set-up was very good of course.:sly:

This was a great choice as a replacement of the karts.👍

Thanks guys, nice racing.👍

This was a great choice as a replacement of the karts.👍

Positive feedback noted... holiday cookies are in the mail. :lol:

Of course you won (from what I understand) so of course it was fun. :sly:

Positive feedback noted... holiday cookies are in the mail. :lol:

Of course you won (from what I understand) so of course it was fun. :sly:
Well.. :P

Nah, I don't hate these heavyweights. Enjoyed every minute of this race driving it. Really!:)
Quite the opposite of karts and I don't mind that at all!!!:dopey:

Great race 👍 Wes is being generous I think.... my setup was bit iffy - I fiddled with it and ruined rear end stability which cooked my tyres a bit but Wes walked it and I don't think I'd have beaten him with a better setup. May have given him a better race but the lad is on fire at the moment :cheers: Nice one Wes 👍

Had a good few laps chasing Marc down and trying to pass him - some nice racing there mate 👍 Didn't make it easy.

Well done all - another great fun 3D3 event. I agree Tim - good choice :cheers:

Wes - I sent PSN friend request... I have a prize for you :sly:

Wes - I sent PSN friend request... I have a prize for you :sly:
Oh sorry, can't accept your request right now..., will do tomorrow. Wonder what that prize might be.. :sly:

Nascar, WRS Style EU Race results:

EUResults.png

That was a tremendously fun race 👍
I don't think I'll ever get used to having Chris and Wes behind me, fortunately I can't see it happening too often :lol:
You guys make me too nervous - every time I look in my rear view, you just keep getting closer, and closer, then you aren't in my rear view anymore and in a lap or so, I can't see you at all. Great driving guys 👍
Congratz on the Win Wes!

Surprisingly, I didn't have to deal with much traffic at all. After about lap 5 or so, it was pretty smooth sailing.
Looking forward to the NA race more than ever now (yup, I just said that about a Nascar event).

Sorry fellers but it doesn't look like I'm going ta make the race tonight. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Remember in the NA race we have quite a few drivers so we'll do group qualifying. See this post for group qualifying details. Your group is assigned in the event post here.

Once you have qualified you cannot enter the tuning section. You must race on the same tune you used to qualify.

EDIT: Since Lefty is out I evened out the groups at 7 drivers per group... Chuk has been moved to Group A.

In an ideal world the "faster" drivers would be first on track, but we won't set any hard rule. If someone does close the gap or you slip up in the warm up lap just let them by as they are probably faster. Once you exit the last tight right corner of course you have a right to get a good launch to begin your first hot lap so at that point just run your fastest and don't worry about the driver behind... it's his responsibility to back off and create a gap before the first hot lap.

Last edited:
Nascar, WRS Style EU Race results:

EUResults.png

That was a tremendously fun race 👍
I don't think I'll ever get used to having Chris and Wes behind me, fortunately I can't see it happening too often :lol:
You guys make me too nervous - every time I look in my rear view, you just keep getting closer, and closer, then you aren't in my rear view anymore and in a lap or so, I can't see you at all. Great driving guys 👍
Congratz on the Win Wes!

Surprisingly, I didn't have to deal with much traffic at all. After about lap 5 or so, it was pretty smooth sailing.
Looking forward to the NA race more than ever now (yup, I just said that about a Nascar event).

This result got me demoted back to D3? :lol:

Looks like 3 stoppers wasn't the way to go in this race, I'll try 2 tonight and see where I end up.

NA Race Room is open.
Qualification starts in 1 hour, 10 minutes.

Last minute change of plan guys. I won't be able to make the race tonight.

Sorry about the late notice.

Have a great race, see you all next time.

Blair

Livestream is going up again on the hour. ~20min from now
\/ Check signature.

Last edited:
I'd like to thank all those who posted their tunes. I think I have Wes's gearing, suspension setup mixing Dom and Pekka's settings, and LSD from Kevin's offline tune. And I'm pretty sure I tried all other settings posted. Worked out great, thanks guyz.

Congrats dsgerbc!

It was a fun race, I had battles with pretty much everyone in the top 6. Great job hosting 3D3 guys!

EDIT: Sorry for frustrating you again Lucas, though it was a totally different thing this time :sly:.

Congratz Dan! Don't make a habit of this winning stuff!

3D3_20111207_Event13_Results_NA.png

I was using the tune from Wes which was fast, but I hadn't used it for any long runs. After 8 laps I couldn't keep the back end from sliding so I decided to cut my losses and try for a 3 pit strategy. Could have worked out if the darn pit road wasn't so long... Made up a good chunk of time on track with the fresh tires, but not enough to overcome an extra 45 second pit stop. 👎

Fun race guys and can't wait to get on track with you all again in January. 👍

EDIT: I watched Marc's qualification lap from the lobby since I was in Group A and he was in Group B. Man that was a sweet lap... every apex nailed and good corner speed all around. Nice job on hitting a 1'25.XXX. Alien like domination to get pole position. Of course after turn 1 poor Marc was in 4th. :dopey:

EDIT: I think the two group quali system worked pretty well. Everyone got two good laps. Seems like the Group B guys didn't suffer from too long a wait as they all dominated the front position on the grid. It was pretty efficient and alleviated the traffic during the hot laps. I'd say we found another nice option for quali.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back