Wallbanger's "Tons of Fun"(Final Round Underway)

My car will stay exactly the same. That's why my tune is made for . All tracks any driver. Even the final gear will stay the same. i'm ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~><((((°>°°°°°°°°~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ooooooOOOOOOooOOOOooOOOOOoooOOOOOoooOOO

Well in a bit more lumped on to my less than stellar week it seems my change did not save for some reason. So I'll just run it same as before. Already back on share and I think I have everyone added. I'll double check later tonight. New photo entry follows:

I'll get the photo poll posted up within the next couple of hours, pretty much as soon as I can get the monsters to sleep. :banghead:

Also watch out at Madrid for that bump 2/3rds of the way up the hill in that slight left hand bend before the last hairpin, it will launch you into the building walls if you hit it wrong.:nervous::scared:

There's a bump there? Hadn't noticed...:sly:

if you had to pay for every set of tires used, it would cost a fortune! gotta say though some of these cars have a serious inability to go round corners

Edit: these cars are amazing round Madrid!

Last edited:
Complete Test Results

Times: Nürburgring GP/D

3 Time attacks of 5 laps. Total 15 laps.
01:28.690 - ACSR421
01:28.783 - Johnnypenso
01:29.120 - krenkme
01:29.826 - wildheart90
01:30.587 - madmyk
01:33.758 - DigitalBaka
01:33.558 - XDesperado67
01:34.950 - praiano63

Times: Madrid Mini (Reverse)
2 Time attacks of 10 laps. Total 20 laps.
00:45.997 - madmyk
00:46.371 - ACSR421
00:46.485 - Johnnypenso
00:47.001 - krenkme
00:47.383 - wildheart90
00:49.670 - XDesperado67
00:50.063 - DigitalBaka
00:50.136 - praiano63

Drivers Choice
This will be decided on driving feel and enjoyment on the above tracks.

#1 ACSR421 Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
I picked this car as number one mainly because I was able to achieve the fastest lap at Nurb GP. I will for sure be purchasing this car and applying the setup because it is so easy to drive.

#2 Johnnypenso Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
2nd place I choose this car. This for me was the most enjoyable and could easily of been #1. This car's suspension is very good and it absorbs the bumps on the road very well

#3 praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
3rd place is hard to choose, its either this or the Ferrari. But because this car is more GT and handles more like a road car I pick this over the Ferrari.

#4 DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
This car was also one of my favourites, I have not drove many Ferrari's in the game but I bet this is a good example of one. It was very easy to drive didnt have any problems with it. More of a track car than a Gran Tourer though.

#5 krenkme Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
Although this car was hard to be consistent with, the laps that were good I enjoyed. Its a very quick car and maybe with a few adjustments it could be more driver friendly.

#6 wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Good easy car to drive, not quite sure which class this car could be, I wouldn't choose is for track racing. For me its too big and heavy, its also quite jumpy on the bumps. Suspension maybe a bit soft.

#7 XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
Not really a big fan of this car, nothing personal just I prefer old American muscle to new. I did find it a lil bit tricky to drive sometimes. You got to be really carefull with your foot otherwise you can easily spin it.

#8 madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Again not really a fan of the veyron, its very fast and has plenty of bhp but its not too good for racing on closed technical circuits.

Comments
XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
Nurburgring GP/D
Another good car I think, slightly harder to drive than the Maserati though. Maybe slightly softer ARB's in the rear, or some +Toe, to keep the rear in a bit. Braking is very good though and so is turn-in.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Fast on the straights, not so fast around the hairpin though. I definately lost time on this part of the track, just couldnt get it right.

krenkme Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
Nurburgring GP/D
Very fast car, at first I thought it was on higher grade tyres because it was much quicker around the track than the cars testest so far, so after the 1st time attack I checked, but they were on Sports Softs. This car is quick but also inconsistent. The times varied from 1:30 to 1:35's. The car does handle well but after 3laps the tire wear kicks in forcing you to be slower around the track. The car also becomes unstable at high speeds.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Quickest car testest here so far, acceleration out of corners is good. On some occasions on corner entry the car would oversteer a bit too much. Again the car was unstable on the long straights and under heavy braking.

Johnnypenso Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
Nurburgring GP/D
This car is very quick and enjoyable to drive, tire wear is not as bad as some of the other cars either. Turn-in was good acceleration good, all in all a very well balanced car, and one of my favourites so far. Didnt really have any trouble with the track and I was able to do consistent fast laps.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Again nothing I can pick at here, the car does what it supposed to. Its very quick, good grip and good braking.

wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Nurburgring GP/D
All in all a good fun car, took me a few laps to get used to it though. Good grip on corner exit, amazing acceleration, braking can be an issue sometimes as the rear end kicks out which I dont like. I think you have to be precise with your steering with this car, sometimes I would turn to much on corner entry and hit the curb which is not good for lap times. Theres pretty much no understeer, and I like how the LSD is set up for on throttle corner exiting.
Madrid Mini Reverse
The car was less enjoyable here, I found it to be a bit unstable on the last high speed part of this track. The part of the track where you can take that left turn full throttle at the top top of the hill, If this car hit the small curb on the right, before the jump, the car would jump off of that little curb first, sometimes making me crash into the barriers. Apart from that the car was good, but I think I could've made mid 46's if it wernt for the jumpyness of the car. (Think I just made that word up haha).

praiano63 Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Nurburgring GP/D
Very nice car, enjoyable drive and good fun if you like drifting. I found that sometimes on corner exit there was mild understeer. Also I think the LSD could do with a slight adjustment, on some occasions the rear inside tyre would spin, indicating that the torque is going to the wrong tyre.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Again really enjoyed the ride, didnt have any issues with the handling here, the car performed beautifully, nice work. I managed to take the hairpin before the finsh line perfectly with this car.

ACSR421 Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
Nurburgring GP/D
Top tune here, very stable, I like everything about this, cant make it any better for my driving style. Didnt expect to get the fastest lap here with this car, I honestly thought the R8 had that covered.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Very fast, very stable. No bad point at all, the tune works very well. I think I could've maybe beat the Veyron's time here as my lap was not perfect.

madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
Nurburgring GP/D
This car is hard to drive, although it has over 1000bhp and more pp than the other contenders its not the fastest around this track. It takes quite a while to slow the car down to enter a corner. You also have to take it slow through the corners otherwise you will get understeer and end up in the grass. Once you are through the corner though and can see the straight then you can put your foot down and rocket to the next corner. This is also the only car that I couldn't go full throttle through the long right turn before the chicane.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Very good on the straights, but be carefull when coming up to a corner, you have to be aware and time your braking perfectly to bring you to the right speed for the corner. I found myself many times leaving the braking too late and hitting the barriers.

DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
Nurburgring GP/D
Very easy car to drive, for a car with over 600hp it grips really well on corner exit, I was surprised at how far you can put your foot down without the car spinning. Very good tune mate, well done.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Same as above really, although I found myself braking to late and running wide, so would've been able to knock a few tenths off if I had more time. Not sure what the LSD Decel settings are but when I released the throttle the car didnt turn in as much as i'd like it too. Lower LSD Decel values could fix this?

Last edited:
Final Round Testing (Incomplete)

These are not official times. I just ran 2 sessions with each car last night to get acquainted with them & the tracks. I will note when they are final times.

1:35.945 XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
1:30.800 krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
1:30.084 Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
1:31.110 wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
1:36.025 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
1:29.464 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
1:31.993 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
1:35.956 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"

49.933 XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
47.674 krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
47.003 Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
47.319 wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
50.651 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
47.076 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
47.298 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
50.672 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"

Drivers Choice:

Comments
XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"

Last edited:
<<=================

Nurburgring GP/D
Very nice car, enjoyable drive and good fun if you like drifting. I found that sometimes on corner exit there was mild understeer. Also I think the LSD could do with a slight adjustment, on some occasions the rear inside tyre would spin, indicating that the torque is going to the wrong tyre.

This isn't a criticism, you're not the only one to say this car kicked out, but I'd like to know what the hell are you guys doing with it..?? I could barely get this car to step out of line when I drove it, and I drove it pretty darned hard... :dunce:

{Cy}

<<=================

This isn't a criticism, you're not the only one to say this car kicked out, but I'd like to know what the hell are you guys doing with it..?? I could barely get this car to step out of line when I drove it, and I drove it pretty darned hard... :dunce:

{Cy}

Lead feet/fingers + aggressive flicking = arse out. See?

<<=================

{Cy}

Have you tried the car at Nurb GP/D?

PS. I only made it drift when I wanted it too.

Lead feet/fingers + aggressive flicking = arse out. See?

But, but, but, I'm a club thumbed idiot..!!

Have you tried the car at Nurb GP/D?

PS. I only made it drift when I wanted it too.

Not tried it on that particular track yet, I perhaps should. I ran it at London and Monza and found it to be one of the best handling cars I've had the pleasure of driving. If anything, I kept hitting the apex of bends because I was expecting weight related understeer, particularly at London...

{Cy}

I'd like to sign up to test drive.
Added you to the Test Driver list.👍👍

This is the last chance for people to sign up as Test Drivers.
If you don't ask to be added in the next 8 hours (midnight GMT) you won't be able to participate as an official Test Driver.

I have been busy at work again. I will add the new test drivers to the scoresheet as soon as I can, but it may be tomorrow before I can do it.

Edit: Desperado, are you going to link the tunes and add the test drivers on the first page? If so, it would help me to set up the scoresheet. 👍

I have been busy at work again. I will add the new test drivers to the scoresheet as soon as I can, but it may be tomorrow before I can do it.
No problem. As I posted earlier this will be the last chance for people to sign up so waiting another few hours to add them to the scoresheets means you'll only need to do it once.

Also put "Isabella" back on share with the right tires mounted.:D

I knew I should have waited to post my updated tune, hopefully being the lightest won't hurt me too much.

Initial feedback seems pretty positive :)
Can't you change it yet?
Ironically I almost set the Viper to 1679kg's, so long as you can change it, you can keep em guessing. ;)

BTW I need to do some house cleaning to clear friends list room, so some people added for tuning comps will have to go atm. Just letting anyone know it's nothing personal if they're one deleted.

Can't you change it yet?
Ironically I almost set the Viper to 1679kg's, so long as you can change it, you can keep em guessing. ;)

BTW I need to do some house cleaning to clear friends list room, so some people added for tuning comps will have to go atm. Just letting anyone know it's nothing personal if they're one deleted.
Nope the window for changing the cars in the finals closed yesterday.

My results:

1.33.193 XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"// 580pp
1.28.345 krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09//610pp
1.28.629 Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09//629pp
1.29.014 wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09//612pp
1.32.950 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08//564pp
1.28.992 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09//621pp
1.29.292 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09//659pp
1.33.346 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"//578pp

49.331 XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"// 580pp
46.580 krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09//610pp
46.680 Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09//629pp
46.678 wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09//612pp
49.849 praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08//564pp
46.490 ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09//621pp
46.280 madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09//659pp
49.836 DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"//578pp

Drivers Choice:
1.praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
2.DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
3.Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
4.wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
5.XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
6.ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
7.krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
8.madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

Comments:
XDesperado67 - Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
Perfect car , all the time on the grip , very good line, just need to take care at oversteer exit a corner under acceleration.
Need a lot of throttle control. This is the only medium point of this to be a real gran turismo. 8.5/10

krenkme - Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09
Very fast car but difficult to make regular fast laps , unstable. Eat a lot of tires and show oversteer exit corner. A lot of central rotation ,
good for evolution but sharp, not good for a GT car. Very good fun car on Madrid. 7.5/10.

Johnnypenso - Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09
Perfect car, no weak point, very good grip, you can play with throttle ,brakes , hand brake and wheel as you want, it will obey always without ba surprise. Supercar? GT? 9/10

wildheart90 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09
Very good balanced car , fast , easy , good brake ,can make trail braking and carve gently out corner. Very pleasant drive.More Supercar than GT. 9/10.

praiano63 - Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
><((((°> °°°°°°°°°

ACSR421 - Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"
Perfect balance, perhaps too much stabilty, could be more agressive under braking entring and undes accel out of a corner,without been a racer. Can be more fast staying safe , with more rear brake and softer front bar, compression dampers and springs. Perfect car on Madrid. More a supercar than GT.
Very good tire wear. 8.5/10

madmyk - Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09
To much power ,too much speed , difficult to find braking mark. The grip and handling is ok for a car like this, but still want to go straight with this tires.
Not a GT car for me. 7/10.

DigitalBaka - Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"
Same as ACSR421 but with a FR,the car is perfectly balanced, good grip and no surprise. But it's good even with a GT to have the option to induce a little controlable oversteer out a corner under accel. Just a little bit, to be more active and not so passive waiting the car end to turn. I love this car. 8.5/10

Last edited:
This is going to be more difficult than I thought. I've only driven 5 cars so far but 4 of them you can throw a tissue over, they are so close in performance, handling, feel etc. Lap times are very close too. I think three of them are within 18/100ths at Madrid and 5 within a half second!!:boggled:

The difference between the top 4 or 5 is going to be almost negligible for me. They are so close to perfect I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to rate them as different from each other. Unfortunately it's going to come down to the most tiny of imperfections or an overall "feel" to differentiate them, as I wish I could just give them all the same rating...:crazy:

This is going to be more difficult than I thought. I've only driven 5 cars so far but 4 of them you can throw a tissue over, they are so close in performance, handling, feel etc. Lap times are very close too. I think three of them are within 18/100ths at Madrid and 5 within a half second!!:boggled:

The difference between the top 4 or 5 is going to be almost negligible for me. They are so close to perfect I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to rate them as different from each other. Unfortunately it's going to come down to the most tiny of imperfections or an overall "feel" to differentiate them, as I wish I could just give them all the same rating...:crazy:
Sounds like we have exactly the kind of event we all love where the very best go head to head!:gtpflag:

We started out with a great collection of tunes and now its going down to the wire it looks like.:D

Remember as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Sounds like we have exactly the kind of event we all love where the very best go head to head!:gtpflag:

We started out with a great collection of tunes and now its going down to the wire it looks like.:D

Remember as Harvey Wallbanger always says...
Drive hard and have fun!:cheers::gtpflag:

Personally if i can't decide between some cars, i'll considerate the PP level. This is for me the only good base to compare lap times, not 1 kg more or less. The rest ,like handling ,driving pleasure, aesthetic .... will be of course a personnal choice.
><((((°> °°°°°

Ok&#8230;I'm stuffed. I just had a 1 hour test session on Spa online in a RX8 which very quickly became a 4 hour race with 500PP Elises. Just a guess, but I think I may be bitten&#8230;which means I might not want to test&#8230;:lol:

Personally if i can't decide between some cars, i'll considerate the PP level. This is for me the only good base to compare lap times, not 1 kg more or less. The rest ,like handling ,driving pleasure, aesthetic .... will be of course a personnal choice.
><((((°> °°°°°

PP will have to be a consideration but even that has it's limitations. The Veyron is dramatically overrated in terms of being a track car on anything other than the long, flat, straight tracks and the GT-R's usually punch above their weight, especially when tire limited. And how do you compare 580pp vs 615pp on track?

This was easier when I was just submitted a tune:sly: For some reason I wasn't concerned about disappointing anyone in the first round with my reviews but with such close competition someone is bound to say "5th! He has me as 5th!!", when I could easily have rated 5th as 1st and been just as confident. Time to split some hairs!!

Hopefully with such a close finish to this Year End Blowout it will keep everyone motivated to come back next year and keep competing in these great F.I.T.T. events.

Our first two events of 2012 are looking to be every bit as exciting as this one has been and a real challenge for the tuners and test drivers. Looking forward to kicking off a new year of GT5 excitement with more outstanding F.I.T.T events!:cheers::gtpflag:

My girlfriend is away tonight and tomorrow morning so I'll have a nice, quiet testing session tomorrow morning and get all the cars finished. I think it close but one or 2 cars are are better than the rest.

I just posted my warm up times (these are not official times). Last night I ran each car in 2 sessions to get acquainted with, and to get use to the tracks. I think I did good on Madrid Mini but need to work harder on GP/D.

Friday and Saturday night I will have lots of time to really run each car and give some useful feed back (and get better lap times).

Going to start testing cars today, finished work early so have plently of seat time available.

Incomplete Test Results

3 Time attacks of 5 laps. Total 15 laps.
01:33.558 - XDesperado67
00:00.000 - krenkme
00:00.000 - Johnnypenso
00:00.000 - wildheart90
01:34.950 - praiano63
00:00.000 - ACSR421
00:00.000 - madmyk
00:00.000 - DigitalBaka

2 Time attacks of 10 laps. Total 20 laps.
00:49.670 - XDesperado67
00:00.000 - krenkme
00:00.000 - Johnnypenso
00:00.000 - wildheart90
00:50.136 - praiano63
00:00.000 - ACSR421
00:00.000 - madmyk
00:00.000 - DigitalBaka

Drivers Choice

Comments
XDesperado67 Dodge Challenger SRT8 '08 "Isabella"
Nurburgring GP/D
Another good car I think, slightly harder to drive than the Maserati though. Maybe slightly softer ARB's in the rear, or some +Toe, to keep the rear in a bit. Braking is very good though and so is turn-in.
Madrid Mini Reverse
Fast on the straights, not so fast around the hairpin though. I definately lost time on this part of the track, just couldnt get it right.

krenkme Nissan GT-R SPEC V '09

Johnnypenso Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro '09

wildheart90 Lamborghini Murciélago LP 640 '09

Nurburgring GP/D
Madrid Mini Reverse
Again really enjoyed the ride, didnt have any issues with the handling here, the car performed beautifully, nice work. I managed to take the hairpin before the finsh line perfectly with this car.

ACSR421 Lamborghini Murcialago LP670-4 SV '09 "Bodacious"

madmyk Bugatti Veyron 16.4 '09

DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare"

Good afternoon everybody. So "the torque is going to the wrong tyre" ?? I don't think so. The car specifications for this contest were to build a Gran Turismo car ,with good handling ,comfortable,fast and easy to drive with no surprises. The LSD setting help the car in this way, sure you'll still need throttle control ,but less than you would need for a race car. So , if even with this setting you spin the inside rear wheel , it' because the driver is too confident and the car allow to do so without sanctions. It's easy to control and the first sinal of oversteer are easy to identify.
That's why for me the LSD is not wrong for this kind of car in this contest only. This was my goal and i think it's right in the middle. The other car that for me have the same behaviors is the DigitalBaka Ferrari California '08 GT "Solar Flare. Talking about FR of course. I love this car..... for a coll fast drive only ,put on change time on the Nordschleife 7PM and enjoy the sunset.

Have a good day everybody. ><((((°>°°°°°°°°

If your looking for wheels spin and oversteer then the gtr will be right up your street :) that thing is wild! But good fun and quick. I did a lap drifting the corners rather than take them normally and it's lots better :D

Back